Dulce Desserts Reviews

Dulce Desserts 5
  • Bria

Bria Chambers · Married on 11/02/2019

Seriously delicious, totally fun

First, go find and follow them on Instagram. Did you do that? Gorgeous, right? Did you see that crazy chocolate peanut butter number?!

Ok. Our experience:

We had so. much. fun tasting wedding cakes with Juanita that we knew right away Dulce was the bakery for us.

After a lackluster tasting with another bakery, from the moment we walked into Dulce, we felt as though we were working with an artisan who was invested in ensuring her company delivered exactly what we wanted, and who was prepared to help us determine exactly what that was!

Juanita started by asking questions about the wedding (size, style, decor, etc) and our guests, and then asked lots of non-cake specific questions about our taste preferences to determine our palates. Then she offered us a tasting of cakes, frostings, and fillings catered to us. And she’s a riot—we were laughing and carrying on the whole time. It’s easy to forget in the drama of planning a wedding that it’s supposed to be fun!

Most importantly, when it came down to the wedding day, the cake was EXACTLY what we’d asked for. My only regret is not slipping a few extra slices into a napkin to take back to the hotel with me—our guests devoured the whole thing!

We’re no longer Nashville residents, but we’ll be back at Dulce for our first anniversary cake (they offer a fresh cake on your anniversary instead of you saving a stale frozen one), and any other special events in town!

Dulce Desserts 6
    Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Tijuana

Tijuana Sankey · Married on 09/07/2019

David & Tijuana - Hilton Nashville Wedding Sept 7, 2019

Juanita has a beautiful personality and bakes delicious cakes. We had a textured 4 tier wedding cake. Each tier had a different flavored cake and buttercream. It was the best cake I’ve ever eaten. It was beautiful and looked perfect. I’m glad that we chose Dulce.! Thank you so much!!
    Note: I uploaded the picture of the cake but it will not allow me to crop to make it smaller.

Dulce Desserts 11
    Sent on 11/12/2019

Jilliann · Married on 04/07/2019

As delicious as it was beautiful!

We had such a great experience with Juanita & the Dulce Desserts team! We had a minor freakout a couple of months out from the wedding when we realized our venue's in-house pastry chef was no longer there, but I was linked up with Juanita right away and couldn't have been happier. My husband was insistent that he "didn't care" about the cake, but as soon as we got to Dulce Desserts for our tasting, that completely changed! Juanita brought us just about every flavor cake, filling, and icing she had and took the time to learn our likes and dislikes in order to propose a good combination. Not only did she end up being spot-on, she was also so kind to let us use one of her cake stands to fit our vision and personally delivered the cake on the day-of. Needless to say, we couldn't be happier that our original plan fell through because that ended up leading us to Juanita!

Dulce Desserts 12
    Dulce Desserts 13
    Dulce Desserts 14
    Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Bryana

Bryana Lavery Good · Married on 04/06/2019

Gorgeous cake buffet

Juanita was a joy to work with. We couldn’t decide which flavors we wanted to decided to have a cake table with three cake flavors. They were all delicious and were decorated fabulously. She was able to create the look I had envisioned and they turned out so gorgeous. Dulce will be my cake place go to as long as I’m in nashville!!!

Dulce Desserts 15
    Dulce Desserts 16
    Dulce Desserts 17
    Dulce Desserts 18
    Sent on 05/06/2019

madeline · Married on 02/16/2019

Such a beautiful and delicious cake

Dulce Desserts created the most beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding! From the first time I met Juanita (owner), I had complete confidence that we had chosen the right vendor for our wedding day. The cake tasting was a wonderful experience as she helped my now husband and me to pick something that we both loved. She was responsive throughout the process and when I completely changed my mind on the design just a month before our wedding, she met with me and helped me make my vision become a reality. Our guests raved about how beautiful and delicious the cake was. Working with Dulce was a wonderful experience.

Sent on 03/17/2019
  • Halie

Halie · Married on 11/10/2018

Awesome team and great cakes

We wanted to do cupcakes in lieu of cakes and Juanita worked with us to develop a scheme that included, not only a wedding cake cupcake, but four other flavors to wow our guests. She and her team pride themselves on the work they do and it shows!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Ashley Day · Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful and delicious!

Juanita was so sweet and amazing to work with. She listened to our needs and suggested the perfect cake flavors and sizes/options that worked with our budget. Her cakes are absolutely delicious and beautiful!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Melissa · Married on 08/18/2018

Juanita made us the perfect cake while taking special care with my tree nut allergy.

Dulce Desserts 19
    Sent on 09/20/2018

Stephen · Married on 06/09/2018

Used Dulce Desserts for our wedding desserts after a friend recommended them. Juanita and the staff were a joy to work with. My wife and I were planning the wedding from out of town, and they were accommodating and very helpful. The guests couldn't stop raving about the desserts. Highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Devin · Married on 04/15/2018

Your wedding cake search is over. Dulce is the hands down best in Nashville!

Dulce Desserts 20
    Sent on 06/05/2018

allison · Married on 03/24/2018

We cannot say enough good things about Juanita - or her desserts! Juanita provided a dessert buffet (cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pecan bars) for our wedding in Nashville. Ours was a destination wedding, so our RSVP numbers fluctuated a lot, and at each change Juanita was incredibly patient, accommodating and responsive. The day of our wedding, the desserts were stunning, truly a beautiful display. And they were delicious, our guests all raved about them. The last thing I did before we left the venue was to eat one last cupcake because I just couldn't resist. We highly, highly recommend Dulce Desserts.

Sent on 05/26/2018

Danielle · Married on 11/04/2017

Juanita is awesome! She met with my husband and I several times times to get the flavors and decorations just right. She was always quick to respond to email and the final product was beautiful and tasty! We had almond cake with coffee buttercream and Kahlua and then European butter cake with fresh strawberries and lemon curd. I didn’t have anything but the first bite until the next day when my husband and I devoured two pieces that had been saved for us. It was so tasty!! Great job and great cake!

Dulce Desserts 21
    Sent on 11/20/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/08/2017

Juanita at Dulce Desserts did a wonderful job creating and designing my wedding cake! My husband and I had so much fun trying all the different wedding cake flavors and icing options. Juanita made the experience fun and relaxing. The cake turned out incredible and all my guests loved it. I highly recommend Dulce Desserts!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Dionna · Married on 09/09/2017

Mrs. Juanita and her team were beyond amazing from the very beginning! My husband and I were very indecisive about how much dessert we wanted and she definitely made us aware about the right amount we should have ordered for our wedding! The details and taste of our cakes and tartlets were beyond expectation!! Our guests went on and on about how wonderful all the desserts were!! We could not have chosen a better place to make our day even more wonderful!!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Maria · Married on 07/15/2017

Juanita is a gem to work with. She made the dessert selection process fun, tasty and easy!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Robert · Married on 07/03/2017

Unbelievable dessert buffet and wedding cakes that had our guests screaming for joy and eating more than they planned (but we still didn't run out!). Honestly, the only thing worth breaking your wedding diet for (those pecan sandies are maybe the best thing I've ever eaten). Cannot recommend highly enough!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Ashley · Married on 05/28/2017

There's no person in the world like Juanita. My husband and I were sold when we met her and tasted her incredible cake and buttercream frostings. We even immediately canceled all other cake vendor appointments.

If Juanita's not enough to sell you, the artistry her team produces is absolutely out of this world! She literally made my husband a raccoon, batman, UK groom's cake--and it looked like those three things were born to live together on that cake. We didn't even want to cut into it. It was also nearly impossible to decide flavor choices because absolutely everything is out of this world.

Our experience with Dulce and Juanita was so incredible, my husband and I intend to use her for any cake or dessert we purchase in the future.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Heather · Married on 05/20/2017

Dulce made our groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner! Our reception package already included the wedding cake. Dulce was able to schedule a tasting with us early one Saturday morning (nothing like cake at 8am, haha). From there the design of the cake was a surprise for my groom but Juanita was able to guide me in the right direction to the perfect design! The cake tasted so good and was customized to our favorite flavors! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Mary Beth · Married on 05/14/2017

Amazing dessert bar. We didn't want to go with a traditional cake. We decided to have a little but for everyone. Juanita and crew did a fantastic job. The cake was delicious. We had mini cupcakes, shortbread cookies, bourbon balls, Snicker doodle and chocolate chip cookies so people could munch and mingle at the same time. We loved it all!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Julia Ann · Married on 04/08/2017

Absolutely Amazing! Juanita was spectacular from day 1 and helped us design our cakes to get what we truly wanted - even if we didn't know what that was at the time! lol. She can take an idea and create something amazing. The cakes were gorgeous and delicious and even a week after our wedding, I was still eating the leftovers - they STILL tasted fresh! I can't say enough good things about Dulce, but CAN say that they are our bakery for LIFE! I just recently had a birthday cake made and was not disappointed - same great flavor, design & customer service! BEST EVER!

Dulce Desserts 22
    Sent on 03/13/2018

Maria · Married on 12/11/2016

I cannot say enough about Juanita and the team at Dulce Desserts. My (now) husband and I opted for several one-tiered cakes in different flavors and one two-tiered cake for cutting and each cake was incredibly delicious (not to mention beautiful)! Juanita helped guide me through which look would look best for each cake. The combination of her beaming personality and the delicious cakes won me over as a wedding client and will keep me coming back to Dulce for future sweets! Thank you, Juanita and Dulce!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/11/2016

Juanita and her staff at Dulce are great! She took the time to have a personal consultation to really understand what I was looking for and helped guide me through all the options. The cakes and cupcakes were AMAZING - everyone raved about how delicious they were! I would recommend Dulce to anyone in the Nashville area!

Sent on 11/25/2016

Laura · Married on 09/03/2016

Amazing cupcakes! People are still talking about how wonderful they were!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Haley · Married on 08/13/2016

LOVED our cake from Dulce. It was beautiful, delicious and such a big hit at our wedding. The cake was affordable, and Juanita made us feel so comfortable. She knows what she is doing! Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/02/2017

Christie · Married on 08/06/2016

We loved working with Dulce Desserts! Not only are all of their cake flavors and designs incredible, but Juanita really took the time to get to know us and tailor everything to our needs. We had so much fun getting to create all of our own cake combinations at the tastings and had trouble narrowing down to only three flavors!

Sent on 08/27/2016