Duane Peck Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Jay Married on 08/12/2021

The best photographer!

Duane is simply amazing! My fiancé and I started looking for a photographer early on since we know that the best ones are reserved early. After countless days searching for the right one, we finally stumbled upon Duane.

I emailed Duane and he replied quickly. We set up a time to do a phone conversation later that day. From our first phone conversation with Duane, we knew he was the right person. Duane is easy to talk to, polite, responsive, and he knows exactly what he's talking about. We asked Duane if he could do an engagement shoot with us as it could give us a chance to work with Duane prior to the wedding. Duane graciously agreed and we decided on Joshua Tree to do our engagement shoot.

Due to COVID-19, we had to push back our initial date of the engagement shoot numerous times until we finally settled on a June date. Duane was incredibly accommodating throughout this whole process and would keep us updated. On the day of the engagement shoot, Duane was easy going, patient, and incredibly insightful. He took us to the best locations inside the park and took his time to make sure we did the right poses. Duane took so many amazing pictures of us to make sure the lighting was perfect. Our family and friends could not stop complimenting us on our pictures.

If you're looking for the perfect photographer, you won't find anyone better. We cannot wait to have Duane be our photographer for our wedding!
  • Meagan
    Meagan C. Married on 10/11/2020

Experience is Key

I had no idea Id be such a mess the day of my wedding(does anyone?lol). Nothing was going right, makeup was caked, tan was orange, everyone was late, and to top things off I was coming down with the flu. I really needed someone to step in and take direction because I could barely keep it together let alone remember what the hell I wanted out of my photos. He not only stepped in and lead the way, but he did so in a manor that I also barely knew he was there, it was really more of an art. I barely had to think about anything, barely knew he was there, and that allowed me to really savor the day with my friends, family and husband

Because of his experiences knew all of the right spots and areas to get the good shots, knew all the right poses. He also made sure to capture the little details of our mostly DIY, very personal, wedding décor. And stole us away from the crowds at times to make sure we got those lifetime stills every couple hopes for

I was hoping to get maybe just a few good shots, and I already received so many more than I expected. I was not only impressed with the quality of the photos but the quickness we received some back. Thank you for everything Duane!

Duane Peck's reply:

Hi Meagan, thanks that is such a nice review. I am really happy that you have nice memories given all the little difficulties. You did have more than most but you have great friends to help :) and special thanks to the veil helper girl and guy we kidnapped and took with us for the mission shoot portion of the day. Have a great HM thanks Duane.
    Mira M. Married on 06/06/2020

Outstanding

We made a great choice choosing Duane .
    Everything was beyond exceptional .

First : he was very very patience with all the changes we kept having due to COVID-19 and not once complained we can't decide on a
    Date .
    We decided we will go ahead and tie the knots 3 days before the wedding and he was there for us.

Second : he was on time and very very patience with us going from one room to another .

Third: Neither me nor my husband are really photogenic. His direction made it so easy.

Forth: He stayed way longer than was agreed on and he was happily there to capture the last moments .

Did I mention the pictures were amazing .
  • Tara
    Tara W. Married on 02/20/2020

Non-Traditional Wedding

Could NOT have asked for anyone better! Not only did we get amazing pictures but I can honestly say he probably was the most responsive vendor we worked with. The day of he really set the tone with his calm demeanor yet attention to detail/timing. And best of all for us pictures didn't take much time at all after the ceremony as we did a lot beforehand. We didn’t really have much of an idea what pictures we wanted with family so let him lead the way. And of course our family had to request different ones and he was not fazed at all. Just went quickly with the flow and captured it. His attention to getting the intimate and detail shots was also great! We even re-did some photos on his advice - without taking us away from the party for more than a few minutes. He suggested several poses and shots that turned out beautiful (even though they may not have been the most natural lol). He was the perfect balance for a couple that did want some memorable pictures as we didn’t do any engagement photos but also knowing that it wasn't JUST about the pictures and getting that one perfect shot but more about documenting the day with family and friends as well. Would ABSOLUTELY recommend Duane for any event!
    Rebekah Y. Married on 11/23/2019

The best photographer

Duane was absolutely amazing. He is kind, responsive, calm and an extremely talented photographer. Throughout the whole process working with him he was so professional and passionate about his work. He has great ideas and knew exactly how to take the most AMAZING wedding pictures. He made all of our wedding dreams come to life through his vision and photographs. We highly recommend him for any occasion. He is fantastic.
    Samantha M. Married on 10/12/2019

So happy with our pictures!

We absolutely loved working with Duane! Our pictures were more than we could have hoped for. Duane really led a lot of the logistics for the night, including helping us sneak away from our guests to get some sunset pictures. We spoke with him a bunch of times in the planning process, and he helped to set our timeline and keep us on schedule on the wedding day. On top of that, Duane was super efficient, and we received a "teaser" of over 250 pictures within a week after the wedding. We're so thrilled with our pictures!
    Angela G. Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing and Patient Photographer

We choose Duane for our wedding based on his amazing photos. He was different than the usual photos you see. And we are so happy we choose Duane to be there on our special day as well as our engagement pictures! He has such an eye for amazing photos! We have received our wedding teaser gallery and it's absolutely beautiful!
    Duane is very patient, very professional, and so quick to respond to emails. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our wedding! HIGHLY recommend him :)
  • Ariel
    Ariel B. Married on 08/31/2019

Talented Artist; Patient & Flexible; Great Direction; Perfect for our Wedding

Duane is a very talented artist and was the perfect photographer for our wedding! Getting ready for our big day was definitely hectic at times, especially with eight bridesmaids and eight groomsmen, but Duane was incredibly patient and flexible. In addition to having a wonderful experience leading up to and on the day of the wedding, we were extremely pleased with the quality of our photographs and are grateful to Duane for capturing the most memorable moments of our wedding that we could've ever hoped for.
    Aileen H. Married on 08/25/2019

Beautiful Outdoor Engagement and Wedding Photos

I cannot recommend Duane enough for beautiful engagement and wedding photos! He definitely has a skilled and artistic eye for capturing wonderful pictures and moments. My husband and I had our engagement/wedding photos outdoors and he managed to take amazing photos of not only us but the surrounding environment too.

Duane is also very patient and pleasant to work with. We didn't have to think much but basically follow his instructions for each picture! If you want pictures that you'll treasure and love forever, then Duane is the photographer you're looking for. :)

Duane Peck's reply:

Thanks Aileen, yay :)

Heather R. Married on 07/27/2019

Great Experience!!

Duane is an outstanding photographer. We initially chose Duane based off of his incredible reviews on The Knot, and the breathtaking photos on his website. We thought it was too good to be true, but both our engagement and our wedding photos have come out amazing so far. I got one of my wedding pictures back and literally thought “there is no way this is me, it looks like a model shoot for a wedding dress!” The poses may feel funny but, trust me, he knows what he is doing.

Duane was quick to respond by email/phone, and was on time to both the engagement and the wedding shoot.

We are so excited to see the rest of our wedding photos, and will definitely recommend Duane to our friends if they end up getting married in SoCal!
    Peg E. Married on 07/13/2019

Incredible photographer!

Duane is an outstanding photographer. If you compare his photos to others I think you will see the difference in lighting, artistry, creativity. We chose him for these reasons and Duane did not disappoint. He just sent us the photos and they are stunning!
    Christian T. Married on 06/15/2019

Best Photographer

Duane and Shawn are one of the best photographers we have come across. Their attention to detail is outstanding. They were very professional and on time! They went above and beyond to get every shot! They're definitely worth the money.
  • Yesenia
    Yesenia Married on 04/26/2019

Daytime Wedding - Great Photographer

Duane Peck was a great photographer for our wedding. It was clear early on that he has a lot of experience and knows what he’s doing. We were very impressed with his professionalism and commitment to perfectly capture all the special moments in our day. Our experience with him prior to the wedding was simple and easy. We had a few calls prior to get to know each other and get all the details sorted out. We had a brunch wedding which meant the ceremony was early in the day and Mr. Peck arrived early and was able to effortlessly work with the lighting and timing to get all the pictures. Throughout the day, we honestly didn’t even notice him around - he was so good at maneuvering around capturing everything without being noticed. We got back from out honeymoon to find that we had gotten a teaser trailer back from Duane in a very short amount of time. It was really great to be able to see some of the photos so soon. Shortly thereafter, we received all the pictures taken and were very impressed with the quality and moments captured. I can honestly say that he captured everything we wanted. As we looked through the pictures, it was so easy to relive the day with such joy. Duane services are a great price point when you consider the quality, professionalism and talent he brings to the table.
    Dylan Married on 04/19/2019

Amazing Experience!

We just received our finish project and are very happy with Duane’s work! From the moment we first spoke with him we knew we made the correct decision for our wedding photographer. Very professional, down to earth and takes amazing photos. I would highly recommend booking him for your photography.
    Anna Married on 02/02/2019

Best decision for my wedding

After so much research, I went with Duane and Shawn for my wedding photography and videography from the wonderful reviews and pictures. From the very beginning to the day of my wedding, Duane was always available for questions and offered the most helpful advice. He was so patient, kind, professional and helpful throughout the planning process! On our wedding day, Duane and Shawn worked so hard to capture every moment. Not even a day later we received our teaser gallery, and I was in tears! I couldn't believe the photos that Duane captured. It felt so real, and allowed me to relive every wonderful moment. It felt like a fairytale, and the pictures show it. I cannot thank Duane enough and I'm so grateful for his art. This is hands down one of the best wedding decisions I have made, and Duane is truly a master and visionary. I am so excited to see all of the photos & video, and so ecstatic to be able to relive the moments for the rest of my life. Thank you so much Duane and Shawn. I cannot recommend you both enough to every bride that dreams of capturing breathtaking moments!
    Batoul Married on 01/03/2019

A very professional and amazing photographer

Me and my family, also many of the ppl who attended my wedding all commented on how professional and sweet Duane is and they loved how he interacted with everyone.

He went above and beyond and went out of his way to make sure my day was special.
    And I appreciate it that very much

These are very important qualities to have in a photographer especially when it comes to someone’s wedding.

I would defiantly recommend that for anyone trying to find an amazing Photogrpaher,
    to choose Duane. You won’t regret it.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Married on 12/24/2018

Need a wedding photographer who goes above and beyond for the perfect shots?

Duane was awesome! He went above and beyond to help us find the perfect place for our photos. We came in from out of town having never been to California before. He had suggestions and was basically a guide for us to find the perfect spot. We chose Joshua Tree National Park which happened to be during the government shut down. We were afraid we wouldn't be able to do photos there so Duane had several other locations in mind. It turned out that we were able to do them at Joshua Tree and they couldn't have turned out better. On top of that it was Christmas Eve and he stayed well into the evening to get great night shots. I recommend him to anyone getting married and in need of a great photographer! He will be there to answer any questions you might have and even when you have a unique situation such as ours he will work with you. His work is amazing.
  • Elaine
    Elaine Married on 10/21/2018

You won’t be disappointed!

After reading some reviews and seeing some of his pictures on Instagram, we decided to book Duane for our October wedding. He was responsive, professional, and patient! Qualities that a photographer needs when there’s a big bridal party! He will also be honest and upfront with you on what will/will not work for your photoshoot. He is such a talented photographer and I am so glad that we were able to book him to shot our wedding. He is truly passionate/loves what he does and that comes through in the quality of his work. I am really x10 happy with my wedding pictures! I absolutely love my photos and suggest you book Duane, you won’t be disappointed.
    Betty A. Married on 10/06/2018

Fantastic!

There is so much to think about when choosing vendors for any event. Choosing Duane was one of our best decisions! He was responsive and very professional throughout the whole process. We had some unique ideas in mind and Duane really took the extra time to work through how best to make our ideas work. Not only that, the final pictures turned out better than we even imagined. We are still getting comments from friends and family about our beautiful pictures. He is creative, kind and a true artist. We highly recommend Duane!
  • Shawna
    Shawna Married on 09/21/2018
    Duane is the best! My husband and I both fell in love with his style upon researching photographers. He was our first choice. We couldn’t believe how lucky we were to book with him. He was so easy going and knew exactly what we wanted. Duane was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. His final work speaks for itself. Duane has an eye for capturing brillance and using the natural light to his advantage. His professalism is outstanding, he has a gentle demeanor yet can round up and control the feistiest of personalities in the room! - which is exactly what you need in a good photographer! We feel so blessed to have his work hanging on our walls forever. Not only was our wedding day the absolute best day of our lives, we have the most beautiful photos to remember it by. We are so happy we chose Duane!
    James Married on 09/20/2018
    Duane was amazing. He helped us take shots at the beach as well as at our venue. The photos he took look great! We highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great photographer!
    Kevin Married on 09/15/2018

Best experience ever!

Duane is a very professional and talented photographer! We are extremely happy with the shots he took and the quality of his work. He makes things easy for everybody. We recommend him to anyone who is searching for a wedding photographer.
    Anna Married on 08/24/2018

Great Colors and fun Captured

Duane and his team did a great job of making sure to use every minute possible to get amazing photos of our big day! About 2 weeks after the wedding we received a "sampling" of our wedding photos which turned out to be over 300 photos!! Duane was able to work with us on the timing and had a second shooter stagger their start time so that we could have Duane capture all of the before wedding things and have someone there to capture the fun party and family moments that we weren't able to attend due to our couples photos and after ceremony things. Duane is really great at capturing beautiful lighting and we can't wait to see the rest of the photos!
    Therese Married on 06/30/2018
    Duane was fun and easy to work with! He has a fantastic eye for scenery and is great at posing wedding party and couple shots. He listened to my requests and imput, as well. The pictures came out beautifully and even my mom was pleased with the results. I highly recommend his services!
    Kirby Married on 06/02/2018
    When I started researching photographers, Duane was immediately a top choice. I loved Duane’s work from the moment I saw it. When we first talked, he was pragmatic and straightforward. All the things I was looking for: his pricing and contract was direct and transparent, he did not try to sell us what we didn’t want or need, and had an honest answer to all of our questions. For example, he explained why we would want a second shooter on the wedding day, due to the number of guests, but did not pressure us to choose a more expensive option. He left it up to us. One of my favorite things is having the rights to our photos; we receive our photos on a USB and can print them, send them to friends and family, or post them on social media as we like.
    Our engagement photos are the absolute dream. Duane knew all the best places for our shoot. My fiancé and I were not too familiar or comfortable with photos and Duane was incredibly patient with us. The pictures are perfection.
    Duane and I had a long phone conversation before the wedding. He demonstrated his incredible knowledge and experience by helping me fine tune the day-of schedule (e.g., the June light would be better for the photos of the first dance after dinner), and he was so right. I felt zero stress about photography leading up to the wedding, a relief for any bride-to-be.
    On wedding day, the photography could not have gone more smoothly. Duane was professional and timely. Although we had several large issues with other vendors and a few family and friends, Duane maintained his cool throughout a few near-breakdowns (eyelash glue in my eyes and on my contacts). We got our teaser photos within the month, as promised: they are stunningly beautiful. I have been consistently so impressed with Duane and everything he’s done and I would ABSOLUTELY recommend him to anyone for any occasion.