Dora Baker's Bridal Alterations Reviews

104 | Lawrenceville, GA

104 Reviews for Dora Baker's Bridal Alterations

• User3042295

Ms. Dora was amazing! Her personality and knowledge doesn't compare to anyone else. She did my alterations for my April 23 2016 wedding and my dress turned out perfect. She had suggestions on what I needed or didn't need and she knew what she was talking about.

Thanks Ms. Dora!
    Quwana

Sent on 07/01/2016
  • Michele

Michele C. · Married on 10/27/2019

Dora knows dresses!

My daughter and I were amazed at how her wedding dress turned out. Dora knew exactly how to shape the wedding dress to flatter my daughter's figure! Very intimate setting and very personable!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Chloe E. · Married on 10/12/2019

Dora will make your dream dress come true! And is budget friendly!

Dora Baker

Have you ever wanted a fairy godmother?!? Well Dora is as close as it comes! When I came to her I had a vision of my dress and I never found it and was resigned to settling. I thought I just wasn’t meant to find the dress of my dreams. Dora was not okay with this; every bride should have the dress of her dreams. She took my bland lace sheath dress and turned it into a work of art. A dress out of a fairytale. Dora made me the perfect dress and I felt beautiful on my perfect day! She worked magic in one month! (I do not suggest waiting until the last minute though!) I got so many complements on my dress. Dora truly made the perfect dress for my body type and my personality! Dora is truly skilled and I highly recommend her (even if you have to drive a ways to her! She is worth it!) She even made me a matching veil from the lace she replaced on my dress! I showed her some photos of how I wished the dress fit and gave her creative freedom. I was astonished at the ideas she came up with! Truly an artist! Dora will make your dream dress come true! Thank you so much Dora!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Shameeka

Shameeka W. · Married on 08/23/2019

Experience semestress

Dora is very knowledgeable about forms and wedding dresses

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • MrsBV

Cherrita · Married on 06/27/2019

Completely Amazing

Ms. Dora knew exactly what she was talking about when she gave suggestions regarding altering my dress. I am a 36DD and I didn't know how to keep my boobs up in such a low-back dress. She worked bit by bit to make my dress fit me perfectly! Some suggestions seemed scary, but after she had completed them, I was so pleased. Her schedule is flexible and she has an aunt-like personality that you instantly fall in love with! I recommend her completely. She knows what she is doing and she will make your dress fit you perfectly. She has tons of personality and will make your experience a lot of fun. Most importantly, she was extremely affordable, especially for work. We met several times, rather than 1-2 like the traditional bridal salon. She is a perfectionist and will not stop until the dress is perfect.

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/18/2019

Go with Dora!

Dora was amazing! She truly cares about each bride and wants to make sure their dress is absolutely PERFECT. She's also great about helping build up your confidence in your appearance - she talked a lot with me about posture and having pride in myself. As a wallflower, I really needed that pep talk! I went in not really knowing what I even needed fixed for the fit, and she was incredible at identifying every single place that needed fixing at a very reasonable cost. She spent so much time with me, and was great with her availability since I work full-time and live an hour and a half away. I would recommend Dora to anyone looking for bridal alterations. Be sure to contact her early - she has a lot clients and you may need a few appointments depending on how much needs to be altered.

Sent on 04/15/2019

Megan · Married on 02/09/2019

Mrs. Dora is amazing.

I bought my dress at Atlanta Street Bridal. They only had alteration recommendations for the McDonough area. Mrs. Dora had raving reviews and I could not find a bad one. So I didn't have an issues traveling from Winder to Lawrenceville. Her prices were reasonable and she made me feel very comfortable. She asks a lot of questions beforw we even met. My dress was 4 1/2 inches to small in my waist and had to be let out. My dress hem had a pencil edge and she made my veil to match with a pencil veil. She completed my dress in 30 days since it was a bit of a rush and she did not charge extra. I am super excited and happy with my dress.

Sent on 01/25/2019

Michelle L. · Married on 01/26/2019

Stunning Results and Delightful Experience

My family and friends have used Ms. Dora for four weddings now for brides, mother of the bride, bridesmaids and guest dresses. We have always had gorgeous results. Her ability to see where and how the alterations need to be made is a gift from God. All of your bridal and clothing alteration needs are in the best hands with her. I regularly recommend her to anyone looking for information on a seamstress in the Lawrenceville area.

Sent on 01/26/2019

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2018

The first time I went in to see Dora she put one pin in my dress. The next time I came back, I was amazed at how much better it fit just from that ONE PIN!! From beginning to the end of the process, I went from a dress too big in areas to a dress that looks like it was made for my body. I will ALWAYS use Dora and recommend her anywhere I can. She is the best at what she does!!

Sent on 04/18/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2018

Dora did a fantastic job with my dress, she is amazing!!! She is so kind, professional, and responsive!! It is clear that she loves what she does and her expertise within her art as a seamstress is phenomenal. If you live in GA don't trust your dress to anyone else!! I will be using her for all future alterations!!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/05/2018

Dora is amazing. She made my dress fit me like a glove. I received so many compliments on how well it fit me. Could not ask for anything more. I always looked forward to my fittings with her. She is honest and was so much fun to chat with as well. Thank you so much Dora!!!!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Karen · Married on 04/21/2018

In short, Dora is a amazing! As a plus size bride I was already nervous to see a seamstress. But I was in excellent hands with Dora. My dress was ordered online from overseas and I ordered it much too large just to make sure it could accommodate my curves. When it arrived it was like a parachute. Dora worked magic! She even advised me what undergarments were best for my shape and the dress for our fittings. She basically rebuilt my dress (several times) until it fit me as if it was designed for me. Even after we were both ecstatic with the results, I had lost a few pounds and she continued to take the dress in for me. She had no problem customizing my dress with a few embellishments. I fell in love with my wedding dress not because it was an amazing dress, but that Dora made me look amazing in this dress. I have never felt so beautiful. Trust her advice, trust her instincts and expertise, because she is a gifted seamstress and can make your dress the best it can be for you, no matter your size or shape! Working with her was a unique pleasure - there really is no one better.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Crystal · Married on 10/21/2017

So far Ms. Dora has been awesome. Can't wait to see my dress!!!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Jerrica · Married on 09/22/2017

Dora is amazing. I fell in love with a dress that was discontinued and purchased the plus size sample. She worked a miracle and made sure it was perfect!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Beth · Married on 09/09/2017

Dora did a FANTASTIC job with my wedding dress! Dora is very talented, my dress fit so well to my body and I received so many compliments on my gown. I was referred to Dora from my sister in law and from the start I knew my dress was in great hands. I would recommend her to anyone, thanks Dora :) !!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Allie · Married on 06/24/2017

Dora was incredible. My dress was completely ruined when I picked it up from another alterations store. I had almost zero expectations that it could be fixed...until I called Dora. She took one look at it, told me it would be hard to fix, but that she was confident she could do it. My advice, don't underestimate Dora. She took my dress completely apart, completely redid the top half, and made it the most BEAUTIFUL dress I could've imagined. I loved it even more than when I first bought it. PLEASE use Dora to alter your dress!!! She does not overcharge and will do perfect work! I wish I had known about her before I went anywhere else! She is amazing!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Julie · Married on 06/15/2017

I found Dora through recommendation of the boutique I got my dress as well as a friend of mine who used her for her alterations. I had a so much going on the month of my wedding and couldn't get in to see her until about a week before my wedding. She was so nice and professional and helped my dress become even more perfect then it already was. She is so amazing at what she does and will keep you updated throughout the whole alteration process. She completed letting the hips of my dress out, adding a bustle and fixing the bust of my dress in less then a week and her pricing is so reasonable for the amount of work she did I would've paid an arm and a leg at some bridal boutique! I would recommend her to all future brides because she has our best interest at heart, you can tell its not about the money with her. Thank you again Dora!!

Sent on 08/17/2016
  • BuekerPartyof2

Heather · Married on 05/06/2017

I can't say enough how much I've loved working with Dora! I first met her in late summer of 2016 when she began altering my sister's wedding dress. She helped bring my sister's vision to life with her dress and I knew she HAD to be the one I used for my dress. I am getting married this May so I've been going to her now since January with my wedding dress and she's done just as wonderful of a job as I knew she would. She's personable, she texts back when you have a question and she will help make suggestions on shapewear, jewelry, etc. LOVE Dora!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Brittni · Married on 04/22/2017

Dora is amazingly talented! She altered the dress in ways I did not even think possible to make it fit perfectly. And to top it off, she is much more affordable than other places I looked at it . I trust her completely and will return for any future alteration needs.

Sent on 04/15/2017

Alexandria · Married on 04/15/2017

Oh my gosh I could sing Dora praises all day and all night she did an amazing job on my dress. It was too large, and she had to take out the corset back and put it back in. Not only did she do a fantastic job, but she never once took a shortcut, always doing it the right way, and it showed. My dress fit perfectly!

She was really accommodating to my schedule as well. I work 7:30a-5:30p Monday through Friday and have no family in town, so often had to schedule something during a very specific time frame. She always made it work.

Finally, price! She charges an absolutely more than fair price that far undercuts other bridal alterations, and she isn't snippy or rude like bigger shops can be.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Tanesha · Married on 04/08/2017

Mrs. Dora is the best bridal alterations shop in GA!!!! I called her on a Sunday two weeks before my wedding asking for a bustle after I had not even tried my dress in five months. She allowed me to come over the same day and the top of my dress would not close. I was nervous but she assured me my dress would be perfect for the wedding. End results...it is fantastic!!!! She fixed my bust, let out the dress, hemmed it and created a beautiful (not poopy bottomed like most places) bustle. The dress looked much better than when I brought it in. Mrs. Dora provides happy, patient, professional and affordable services. She is honest about what she can do and how you will look. Even when she was ill her main concern was getting my dress done. If you trust her and listen, your dress will be exactly what you want. Don't take your dress to anyone else...go to Dora Baker Bridal Alterations.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Ashton · Married on 01/01/2017

Dora is one of the most thorough seamstresses' you will ever come across. She is detailed and plain ol' talented with her hands. She altered my dress from an 8 to a 4 and it fits beautifully. If one thing is off, it will bother her until she fixes it. Her pricing is so reasonable! You get MORE than what you pay for. She gives advice and tells you straight. There is no sugarcoating anything with her because she wants you to look great! The location is quaint and quiet and was comfortable for fittings. Her scheduling is flexible and she works with you on it. Dora made me two promises when we began the process... that my dress would fit like it was made just for me and it would be completed on time. She kept the promises and her turnaround time is fast. I definitely recommend.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Megan · Married on 11/26/2016

DORA was AMAZING! She was so patient in making sure my dress was everything it needed to be. She took the adequate amount of time to make sure no small detail was missed. My dress was everything I dreamed it would be on my wedding day and I would not have been that way if it wasn't for her.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Mandy · Married on 10/22/2016

I found Dora from wedding wire. She did an amazing job on my dress! She planned the alterations carefully and didnt miss any detail. She is also very flexible on appointments. Her pricing is very affordable for the amount of work she puts into your dress.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Emily · Married on 10/08/2016

100% you should use Dora in your alterations. I was referred to Dora by a friend who was married last year. When I met with Dora, I knew I had "the dress," but had a few small reservations about it. She looked at it once and knew exactly what to change to make the dress my own. The quality is unparalleled and the price cannot be beat.

Sent on 09/14/2016