The Sentimentalist

1465 Howell Mill Rd NW, Suite 400-A, Atlanta, GA 30318 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2

About The Sentimentalist

The Sentimentalist, based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a designer and vintage bridal shop that sells made-to-order wedding dresses and accessories. The small, family-owned company—headed by dress expert Krista and accessory expert Gabi—offers a carefully curated collection of dresses and bridal accessories from independent North American designers, selected to appeal to the alternative bride's taste. The Sentimentalist prides itself on its eclectic selection, offering vintage, bohemian, and alternative dresses that you wouldn't find in traditional bridal shops. Krista and Gabi will work with you to pair dresses with custom-made and ready-available accessories in order to complete your unique bridal look.

The supportive, creative staff at The Sentimentalist is trained to assist you in finding options that fit your specific style, timeline, and budget. Clients are also provided with complimentary consultations, allowing an intimate, relaxed dress shopping experience where the focus is all on you. As well as soft, romantic dresses, the shop offers bridal belts, hair accessories, jewelry, and veils. Other services provided by the shop include:

• Sample sales

The Sentimentalist 6
The Sentimentalist 7
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 02/08/2019

The ATL's best dress shop!!

I can't say enough about how wonderful this shop is and what beautiful dresses they have. The team of ladies at The Sentimentalist are so cool and kind. I love my Dunway gown by Elizabeth Dye so much and felt perfectly me on my wedding day.

Sent on 02/22/2019
    The Sentimentalist 8

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thank you thank you, sweet lady ;) We loved working with you and especially loved seeing you end up in such a perfect dress for YOU. Visit soon and happy happy married! XO

Natalie Rogers · Married on 12/22/2018

So much love for Sentimentalist!

I loved my experience with the Sentimentalist. I purchased my dress from their old location, and hear the new shop is even cuter. It was a laid-back, personal, non-intimidating shopping environment, which I really needed as a nervous bride. I wasn't sure I would fit the Sentimentalist "image" (if there even is one), since I figured their dresses would be more Bohemian than my style. I was also nervous since I'm a curvy bride - size 10 in regular and 14 in bridal even after losing 40 pounds. Making it even tougher, I came in pretty sure I was going to purchase a dress from a different boutique. I was able to be open with the stylist about my insecurities, and the "other dress." She was so very patient with my indecision, and didn't pressure me at all. I slowly and tearfully(happy tears!) realized the last dress I tried one --which she actually picked --- was perfect for me. And no, it isn't all bohemian in there! The dress I picked was very traditional. It was so fun playing dress up with their accessories once I knew which dress was mine. Sentimentalist also made sure I had all the details they DON'T handle in store sorted out -- they recommended a great seamstress, great dry-cleaner, and even the perfect underwear. I would recommend them to anyone/everyone.

Sent on 01/25/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thanks Natalie! We loved working with you and we so appreciate your review. Thanks for being a sentimental bride! Visit any time ;)

The Sentimentalist FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $1,000 - $2,499, $2,500 - $3,999
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Appointments Only, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? Less than 6 months