The Sentimentalist Reviews

119 | Atlanta, GA

119 Reviews for The Sentimentalist

• Piper

Piper Lejeune · Getting married on 04/12/2021

Can't say enough about The Sentimentalist!

Both my best friend and I got our dresses here, one year apart. We each got dresses that were unique to our own personal style and both an incredible experience. We'd gone to other places and they were... Ok. When I walked into The Sentimentalist it was like the air cleared. The space is gorgeous, the people are friendly, and the experience is just top-notch. Everything you hope for when you think of the moment you buy your wedding dress. I love this place, please go.

Sent on 01/09/2020

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Yes to clearing the air!!!! You are such a Queen, Piper! You deserved to look and feel just as good as you did cause girl you looked GOOD. Thank you so very much for shopping small and spreading the word. We LOVED working with you. Visit often ;)

Kat R. · Getting married on 03/05/2021

An Amazing One of a Kind Custom Dress UNDER $2000!

I cannot recommend the Sentimentalist enough! The store and dress selection are creative and eclectic for a bride that wants the look of something unique not just anything off the rack. I was so lucky to have a wonderful stylist who helped me find a dress I never would have picked from a trunk sale. After thinking about it for a few days I went back and was lucky enough to be paired up with the owner Gabi and wow she made my dreams come true! She talked me through any issues, pulled lace samples and even spoke with the dress designer during my appointment to help me make a one of a kind and amazing dress! I couldn't be happier and the whole process was easy and felt pressure free!

Sent on 05/15/2020

The Sentimentalist's reply:

We are the happy ones! Thank YOU so much for shopping small and sharing your kind words ;) We loved working with you and wish you ALL the very very best. XOXO Gabi Lee

Anne Bauer · Getting married on 11/07/2020

The kind of experience I always dreamed of!

I could go on and on about my experience at The Sentimentalist! From the moment you walk in, you feel at ease and comfortable by the beautiful atmosphere and great staff. My stylist, Rachael was incredible and knew exactly how to capture my style. She has a natural way of becoming your friend throughout the process and now I cannot imagine my wedding dress shopping experience without her! It was such a nice surprise to experience a shop that carried such a wide selection of unique, romantic and modern dresses. If you are looking for your dress in the ATL area and have a romantic/vintage style, go to The Sentimentalist - you will not regret it!

Sent on 09/18/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Anne! Thank you so much for this helpful and kind review ;) And for shopping with us! Rachael is a gem, right?! Visit us any time at all and keep spreading the word. We love our sentimental brides ;) xoxo

Alexa Ortman · Getting married on 10/10/2020

First appointment could not have gone better!

I was so nervous to try on wedding dresses and I had no idea what to expect; however, my experience at The Sentimentalist could not have been better! Rhiannon was a perfect match for me and was able to take my indecisiveness and nervousness completely out of the equation. She was so great at moving quickly while also taking my feedback after each dress to eventually find my perfect dress! She came prepared to the appointment with information I’d previously filled out in the questionnaire and continued to ask great insightful questions to determine which dresses were going to be the best fit. She was able to explain why dresses I liked online wouldn’t provide me with what I wanted in a dress and she pulled dresses I wouldn’t have picked out myself but which ended up looking great on! She was also great at listening to my mom’s feedback while also focusing on me and making sure my thoughts were heard. Thank you Rhiannon for being so amazing!
    The shop itself is gorgeous. I could’ve stayed there all-day watching women try on beautiful wedding dresses. The décor is a perfect blend of vintage with some industrial touches. The area to try on dresses felt large and private and I was so comfortable.
    I can’t thank the team at The Sentimentalist enough for providing me with such an incredible experience of trying on wedding dresses. My first appointment and I found the dress – I still can’t believe it and I can’t wait to return when my dress arrives!

Sent on 11/04/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Alexa! Thank you for such a kind and thoughtful review ;) This means so much to us and it is all OUR pleasure to have worked with you. Rhiannon is simply the best in the business! Thanks again for all the love and let us know how we can be of assistance every step of the way ;)

Melody Hedgepeth · Getting married on 09/06/2020

Rachel and everyone there were so welcoming and hospitable

Rachel and everyone there were so welcoming and hospitable. We can’t even believe Hannah found her wedding dress that quickly. It was the second one she tried on and Rachel sealed the deal with her attention to detail, even styling Hannah’s hair in a matter of minutes. Very pleasant experience and I’m still in shock this Monday morning! What a weekend and worth the trip to Atlanta!

Sent on 02/10/2020

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Melody! It was so great to have you back in the store ;) And SUCH a pleasure to see Hannah in her dress. It was meant to be ;) Thank you so much for the love and for sharing us with your crew. Come by for candle anytime! xo Gabi
  • Lupe

Lupe · Married on 07/18/2020

The PERFECT Bridal Shop for Beautiful, Unique, and Timeless Gowns!

My experience with The Sentimentalist began in 2018 when they were located at their original shop (a super cozy and beautiful cottage-style home). My stylist, Rachael, was incredible and made me feel so at home and comfortable. I was looking for a simple, classic, yet unique/ different wedding dress. Every other shop I went to (and I'm guilty of going to many shops in Atlanta) had the same inventory and designers. I didn't want delicate lace or beading or sequins. Rachael introduced me to a Laudae dress in 2018 and I was immediately hooked on the designer - it was just a little expensive. My husband and I postponed our wedding to 2020 to save a bit more money (little did we know it wouldn't matter because of Covid!!). I went back to The Sentimentalist (and Rachael) in 2019 and bought my customized Laudae dress - it was the best experience. I highly recommend The Sentimentalist for unique, beautiful wedding gowns + for the best customer service! Thank you, Rachael, and all for such a great experience :)

Sent on 07/24/2020

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thank you so much for spreading your sweet words, Lupe! We had a blast working with you and appreciate the business and the love. We'll hug Rachael for ya! xo
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Ryan · Married on 07/11/2020

The Best Shop in ATL

I can't recommend The Sentimentalist highly enough! They were my first stop on my wedding dress journey, and every other experience was dull in comparison.

The shop is gorgeous and unique with a modern, industrial, but feminine vibe. The staff are warm and never made me feel like I had to make a purchase there that day, or even at all - Rachael really wanted me to find MY dream dress within my budget.

I ended up returning a week or so later and buying my Laudae gown. I got to try on the sample one more time and have some mimosa punch before I was measured, checked out, and out the door. It was quick and painless, and I've since received my email confirmation of the designer's timeline exactly as promised.

Thanks to Rachael and The Sentimentalist for making my dream dress experience a reality!

Sent on 07/31/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Kelsey! You are too kind ;) It has been such a pleasure to work with you and we are so pleased to know you were treated just the way you deserved ;) It's in everyone's best interest for you to only leave with your dream dress and nothing less! We are here for you every step of the way- never hesitate to reach out or stop by for gift shop goodies ;)

Emily Bendin · Married on 07/04/2020

recommend to everyone!!!

I had the best experience here!! I went to five other places and this was the best by far. Rhiannon was so kind and helped me feel so special and comfortable the whole time, which is something I don't normally feel when shopping. She was incredibly kind and encouraging! Dress shopping was my least favorite part of my wedding planning process ... until I came here! I want to go back just to hang out. All of the staff were sweet, helpful, welcoming, and fun! They even let me come back without an appointment the same day to let me try on my dress again so I could be sure! I would recommend them to EVERYONE!

Sent on 03/19/2020

The Sentimentalist's reply:

SO happy to hear this, Emily! Thank you for your visit and your review. You can hang out here any time and we would be honored! XOXO
  • Claire

Claire Hollins · Married on 06/13/2020

A delightful and special dress shop

I had such an amazing experience with the girls at The Sentamentalist. From the moment I stepped in the shop, I knew it was a special place. Gabi has such a great eye for details and dresses that may not seem impressive on the rack, but come alive on your body. There accessories are stuff made of fairytales. You definitely owe it to yourself to check out this shop. Thank you so much ladies, for a perfect dress shopping experience. Your gowns are as beautiful as your personalities!

Sent on 05/29/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Claire! You are such a sweetheart and were so wonderful to work with ;) We loved having you in the store and it would be our pleasure to see you again any time, for any of your bridal needs ;) Thanks for being so beautiful and kind! - Gabi Lee
  • Georgina

Georgina Wilkinson · Married on 06/06/2020

A dream from start to finish

As soon as I walked into The Sentimentalist, I felt a sense of calm in the chaos of wedding planning. The space is so beautiful and the staff are so welcoming - the mimosa punch also doesn't hurt!

My stylist Gabi really took the time to listen to what I wanted and provided exceptional recommendations. She also allowed me to browse through the racks with no pressure, whereas in other salons I have felt rushed. It was the perfect mix of her own suggestions and the freedom to look at anything that interested me.

I loved that the store was so inclusive and had a range of gowns to suit all kinds of tastes and budgets. Their range of accessories was also amazing, as i wanted to find something a little different to the usual veils, etc..

After I found my dress, I just wanted to hang out in the store because it was such a genuinely lovely atmosphere. I'm already excited to go back to pick up my dress.

Since purchasing my dress, their follow up and communication has also been excellent, letting me know what to expect, who to contact if there is an issue and providing a timeline of production. I haven't had a single question because they have been so thorough in their explanations.

If you find wedding dress shopping stressful or overwhelming like I did, make an appointment - immediately! You will not regret it.

Sent on 11/14/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thanks sweet lady ;) These reviews made our month and having you as our bride is the best! You make our job easy peasy and we are happy to know you ;) XOXO Gabi

Savannah · Married on 04/18/2020

Obsessed with the sentimentalist

I cannot rave about The Sentimentalist enough! I worked with Hannah, who pulled a TON of options for me. She kept asking questions to best gauge what I was looking for and was even so intuitive that she put me in the dress I chose very first! It was the first dress I was excited about after an appointment elsewhere and even though we continued to try others to be thorough, it was so nice knowing I had my dream dress. Also, she fully pinned me into each dress so I could see exactly how it fits, versus the first place that just put a couple clips on. I wish I could go back and do it again!

Sent on 05/26/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Savannah! You are so kind! We loved working with you and it's so great to hear how Hannah worked her magic ;) We are honored to dress you on your big day and would love to have you back in any time!!! Who says you don't need a silk robe or a great pair of earrings for each anniversary?! xoxo

Barby Kulakov · Married on 04/11/2020

Best bridal boutique in the continental United States

I wish there was an option to give more than 5 stars. The best way I can describe the experience I have had so far with The Sentamentalist is MAGICAL. I had made two appointments for the same day to pick out my wedding dress and I was absolutely shocked at how different the appointments were. From start to finish The Sentamentalist, and Hannah in particular, made me feel so comfortable, understood and special. Hannah listened to everything I said and helped me choose dresses to try on that fit with my vision for my wedding day. I ended up choosing a dress that I would have never picked out without her help. Everything was done so professionally and carefully and I never felt pressured or rushed. My appointment at the other bridal boutique was terrible compared how I was treated at The Sentamentalist. They will walk you through every step of the process and answer all your questions and reassure you of any concerns. I honestly can’t imagine going anywhere else to choose a dress for your special day.

Sent on 12/15/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Barby!!! You have made my month!!! We are so happy you chose to shop with us and so happy to call you a sentimental bride. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such heartfelt and informative words about our business. It really really matters and it really really makes us smile. Visit any and all the time! XOXO
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 03/14/2020

Such a great experience!

I recommend The Sentimentalist all the time. They had a great selection, and the experience was lovely. But the main reason I recommend them is that, after my initial appointment, I decided to order my dress in custom colors. When I went back to pick out the colors (and buy the dress), three or four consultants helped me compare swatches in different lighting for a half hour! They didn't charge me for that time. They were just that committed to making sure I got the perfect dress. And I did! (I'm just sorry I won't have a reason to shop there again.)

Sent on 12/03/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thank you so much for your recommendation, Anne! We love working with imaginative and creative brides like you and we so appreciate the love back. Visit us any time- i'm just positive we can find a reason to have you back in for something sparkly ;) XOXO
  • Raven

Raven Hayes · Married on 03/07/2020

Amazing Service!

As a woman who has worked in the wedding industry for many years, I have always imagined how I wanted my wedding to go. So, when it came time to find my wedding dress I was a little nervous, as I have seen many wedding dresses and they all seemed the same to me. All lace, mermaid, and ball gown dresses. I wanted something different, something different to my eyes. The Sentimentalist gave me exactly what I was looking for! So many different selections and AMAZING customer service! I love everything they are about and how they conduct their busy. When they say low pressure they mean it, so relaxing and they are truly on the bride’s side! All I can say is that I’m truly grateful for the experience they gave me and my family, and helping me find my beautiful wedding dress.

Sent on 06/01/2020

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Raven! We are so glad you were your unique self at The Sentimentalist. You keep up pumped and inspired and we are so grateful for your business and your love. XO
  • Julia

Julia Dorsett · Married on 03/05/2020

This. Place. Is. Amazing.

This bridal shop is by far the best in Atlanta. I visited quite a few others in my weekend of wedding dress shopping and nothing else compared to the atmosphere, customer service and beautiful selection at The Sentimentalist. My mom and I had an AMAZING experience searching for my dress with the sweetest consultant, Hannah! She did not make me feel pressured about anything and listened to all my wishes and dislikes. She was able to find me the perfect dress that I never even knew I wanted! I can't thank her enough. Make an appointment at The Sentimentalist, you will not regret it!

Sent on 04/27/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Julia! You have made. our. day. Thank you for being such a special sentimental bride. Visit us soon and often and let us know if you need anything along the way ;)
  • Sarah

Sarah Baker · Married on 12/28/2019

Best experience ever!

The Sentimentalist has a great selection of gowns - from boho to classic. Rhiannon made the appointment so easy and fun! She showed me a variety of dresses to help narrow down my style and then she picked the perfect dresses for me to try on. She kept things light and fun the whole time and was willing to hear my thoughts and opinions on each dress. She made me feel really special, and by the end of the appointment, I had my dream dress.
    I cannot recommend this place enough! My whole family had a blast and it was a really fun day to remember.

Sent on 04/23/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Sarah! You are such a sweetheart. Thank you so much for being a sentimental bride and for your sweet review. It means so much to us. Rhiannon is a gem, right?! Visit soon and often.
  • Shayla

Shayla Risher · Married on 12/10/2019

Start with these peeps!

After shopping at several locations I made an appointment here primarily because they had vintage dresses. Rhiannon was AWESOME. It was the bridal experience that I had been imagining in my head. She helped me find the perfect vintage dress (I attached some pics to the review), the perfect veil to match and set me up with an amazing seamstress that specialized in vintage gowns. I wasn't treated like I was 2nd rate just because I was shopping for a gown that was less expensive like other stores I'd been to. If you want an excellent experience GO HERE. They won't disappoint. Also, their shop is super cute. :)

Sent on 10/25/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thank you, Shayla! You are truly so sweet and goodness you have good style ;) Visit soon and thanks again for spreading the word. XO

Katelyn Sheffield · Married on 11/02/2019

Love this shop

The Sentimentalist was everything I was looking for in a bridal shop. The staff is all so accommodating and not pushy at all. They listened to what I was looking for and helping me find my perfect gown. It came in exactly on schedule and they hooked me up with a great alterations place. 10/10 recommend.

Sent on 11/05/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Oh Katelyn you doll! Thank you so much for such a kind review. I am happy to hear that we checked all our bridal boxes ;) We loved working with you and hope to see you again soon!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Anderson · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing stylists and selection!

I love this dress shop so much that I find myself wishing I had their help every time I shop! Super attentive stylists, great price range, fabulous designers. It feels so warm and inclusive where other shops tend to feel intimidating and cold. Doesnt hurt that the store is BEAUTIFUL. This is the ONLY shop I visited (out of three) that respected my budget, and truly STYLED me. They go way beyond "how do you feel"/"is this the one" - Rachel pulled veils, walked me through customization options, and helped me imagine the whole thing. She had real feedback, too, which I didn't get from other shops who just wanted me to spend. I left stuck between two dresses, then got the flu twice and moved. They checked on me after they hadnt heard back to see what I was thinking and to be sure I enjoyed the visit! Again, no other shop did that. I told Rachel what I loved about each dress, and what the deal breakers were. She asked me to come back because she had some ideas. I met with Caitlin, we decided to COMBINE the two! What! Caitlin also called me to let me know the designer whose veils I loved was having a sample sale. I really encourage every bride to try this shop. They will make you feel beautiful, but also truly help you find the dress that will fit your style, your budget, and your bod. I can't wait to go back for pick-up and accessories!

Sent on 05/26/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Jennifer! This means so very much to us. When we really get to do what we love, happy things happen ;) Thank YOU so much for letting us do what we do and being such an awesome bride to work with. It is our passion to provide great service above all else AND it's like the biggest bonus ever when a bride let's us get creative in order to customize the perfect look. Thank you for shopping small and spreading the good word ;) It is our pleasure to serve you and so cool to know you! Visit soon and often. xo

Cari Raines · Married on 10/11/2019

Found my dream dress

I would live at the Sentimentalist if I could. Seriously, the tea, the mimosas, the beautiful vintage luxe décor – it’s a dream. If you make an appointment, you get an entire dressing area to your party (bridesmaids, moms, whoever you bring with you) and a private fitting room where one of the employees hands you a dress one at a time and then helps you zip it up. I really liked the amount of privacy here (in contrast to other boutiques where the employees get into the dressing room with you along with all the dresses you want to try on – crowded!). Rachel helped me and was so attentive, knowledgeable, and just all around nice. She helped me find my dream dress (and headpiece!). The price points are surprisingly affordable considering the level of service here. Definitely visit if you want a memorable dress shopping experience (and pretty pictures)!

Sent on 12/13/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Move on in, Cari! Seriously your kind and in-depth words means so much to us. Rachael is pretty great and we are so glad to hear you love her like we do ;) Thanks again for shopping small and spreading the word. Visit anytime!
  • Genevieve

Genevieve · Married on 09/28/2019

The Sentimentalist is just the best place...

I cannot recommend this shop enough. The store itself is beautiful and full of thoughtful details to make the experience fun, relaxing, and special. Rhiannon was my guide through the sea of white silk and lace, and she is incredible. Since it was my first time wedding dress shopping, I walked in thinking that I had no clue what I wanted, but after telling her about my wedding and my aesthetic, she pulled some amazing pieces, one of which I fell IN LOVE with. I had another appointment at a different shop after this one, and there was just no comparison. I came back to The Sentimentalist immediately after the second appointment and bought the dress I loved. It was also surprisingly easy to make the changes I wanted (different color lining and the back lowered 2"). Overall, the selection is great, the prices are reasonable, and the ordering process was a piece of cake. Buy your dress here. You'll be happy about it.

Sent on 02/27/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Genevieve! You are the BEST! We are so lucky to get to work with YOU and so grateful for your kind words. You were a blast to work with and we cannot wait to see your wedding day look ;) Thank you for recognizing our passion and making our job even better! xoxo

Emily Hardesty · Married on 09/28/2019

Best experience!

My only regret, is that I didn't just go there from the start. I live in Nashville, so I traveled to Atlanta to visit. It was such a good experience. Hannah, who helped me, was so warm and professional. She found the perfect dress for me and understood my style. The space is gorgeous and I really liked that you couldn't see other women trying on dresses during the process. Just the best! I have recommended it so many times already!

Sent on 10/24/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Emily! We are so happy you ended up at our store :) We love our Nashville brides! And we love our Hannah ;) Thank you so much for the kind words and the treasured business. We are so grateful you let us be a part of your wedding. XO

Emily Lago · Married on 08/31/2019

Wonderful Experience

I worked with Rhiannon at the Sentimentalist. The experience was incredible and the dress I wound up with was absolutely perfect! I felt so relaxed and comfortable while shopping there. I cannot recommend this store enough!!

Sent on 12/13/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

This is so great to hear, Emily! Thanks for shopping with us and for taking the time to leave this kind review. Shopping should be comfortable!
  • Natalie

Natalie Campos · Married on 08/31/2019

Best. Place. Ever

As soon as I walked in the door, I just KNEW I was going to find my dress at The Sentimentalist. Not only are the dresses and accessories SO unique and beautiful, the girls that work there were absolutely incredible. It was the only place I went to that the girls TRULY listened to what my vision was, what my style was, what I was looking for, etc. I would recommend this beautiful store over and over again!!

Sent on 06/11/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thank you so much for shopping with us, Natalie! Your vision is the best one, so thank YOU for letting us help make it come to life. We have the BEST brides! Visit soon and often and let us know how we can ever serve you in the future. Thanks for taking the time to review us - it means so much! xoxo

Alexandra · Married on 08/24/2019

Don't go anywhere else

Amazing experience buying my dress at The Sentamentalist! The coolest shop in town, and the most helpful employees.

Sent on 02/24/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

You are just the best ;) Thanks for spreading the word and being a sentimental bride. See you soon please!