Couture Motion Pictures Reviews

23 | Tualatin, OR

23 Reviews for Couture Motion Pictures

Anna · Married on 07/23/2016

First and foremost, if you are having any second thoughts about spending money on cinematographers, please don't! Our 5 minute film is our most prized memory from our wedding day. I never give 5 stars to ANYONE but I honestly can only think of positive things when I think about Megan and Ian. They captured our relationship perfectly. Watching our film makes us re-live the day over and over again and makes us feel even more in love than we already are. We are both so happy we have this keepsake and if I could give one piece of advice to future brides it would be to hire Megan and Ian... the video is EVERYTHING!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

Oh Anna thank you so much for such an amazing review. You are so kind!! Ian and I just loved working with you and Jim and we would give YOU guys 5 stars as well. Ha! We absolutely loved filming your wedding! You guys are dream clients!

Anna · Married on 09/05/2015

We cannot say enough about Megan & Ian of Couture Motion Pictures! We are so lucky and thankful we found them as they had just moved up to Oregon. The moment we saw their work online, we knew we had to meet them- and they are so fun and down to earth! We instantly hit it off and knew they were the right team. The day of our wedding they helped put us at ease and made the film/photo process so fun! We recently received our final product and cannot even describe how much we love our film! They captured our day so perfectly and beautifully, we cannot thank them enough for presenting us with this amazing memory of our big day!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Holly · Married on 08/29/2015

My husband and I are THRILLED with our experience, start to finish with Couture Motion Pictures. Originally we did not plan for a videographer but as wedding planning progressed we had three different couples specifically call out that they regretted not having a video to remember their day by. After seeing our highlight film and how Megan & Ian captured our day, this is honestly one of the best investments you can make. Not only do you get to go back and see all of the details and effort you planned but you get to feel, hear and see the emotions all over again. Megan & Ian were a seamless addition to our wedding day and they produced such a special memento for us and our families to enjoy!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

Thank you so much Holly for your kind words. You and Mark were so great to work with and we loved working on your wedding. It's so easy to do our job when we get cool people like you!

We had originally not budgeted for a videographer for our wedding, but I am so glad we changed our minds, as the work that Couture Motion did for us will stay with us for a lifetime. Megan and Ian were wonderful to work with from the beginning- professional, responsive, detailed, and very friendly! The day of proved to be no different, they were incredibly laid back and made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera. Their finished product is fantastic and completely highlights all of the subtle details of our special day- I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Tracy · Married on 10/04/2014

Look no further -- it doesn't get any better than CMP!

I first heard of Couture Motion back while I was an intern for a wedding planning company. In my dream of dream weddings, they were first on my list and my very first Pin on my Pinterest Wedding Board -- they were/are the ULTIMATE. I'm not just saying this, watch "Natasha + Jerry", it is a pure work of art. I still gush about them to my friends.

So when I got engaged, I researched other videographers as backups assuming CMP would be out of my price range. It took some time for me to muster up the courage to reach out to them in fear my dreams would surely be crushed. But to my surprise, they were reasonably priced and just as nice as you'd expect. YES!!! Thank goodness, because if you watch some videographers work, the videos all kind of look and feel the same -- nothing compared to CMP. Not one film is like the other with Megan and Ian. Every one of their films has its own unique thumbprint and is personalized to each couple. They really know how to capture the essence of the day.

I built them up so much that Megan and Ian were famous in my eyes. We had a couple of Skype dates and email correspondence, and they really took the time to understand who we are as a couple and what our day would be like. My husband and I felt like we knew them for years. We initially only ordered the short film, and later on decided we also wanted a highlight reel, which they added on for a small amount! It was awesome to have both.

⇾ Husband/Wife teams really understand just how important this day is for you and exactly what you're feeling
    ⇾ They are true visionaries!
    ⇾ Megan and Ian weren't "in your face", they were respectful and got amazing shots without being intrusive
    ⇾ The music selection for the videos is timeless! When you're 80 years old and watching this video, you probably don't want music that's going to date the film.
    ⇾ Affordable
    ⇾ Awesome communication
    ⇾ They're the best.

Sent on 02/25/2015

Stephanie · Married on 11/02/2013

Megan and Ian are fantastic.

Throughout the wedding planning process, I was set on not having a videographer. None of the videos I had seen felt "special" enough, and I figured I could have someone record the ceremony for free, and feel like I got what I wanted out of a film of our wedding day.

But then I stumbled upon Megan and Ian's work. And it just completely changed the way I felt about wedding videos. Because they don't make wedding videos- they record beautiful, touching wedding films, that bring the magic of your day to life.

As far as dealing with them as professionals, we couldn't have had a better experience. They put me and my husband at ease in front of the camera, which wasn't easy, as we are both quite camera shy. We opted for doing interviews with our film, and when we had issues with the venue where we were filming, they met with my husband for a second shooting time to make sure they got everything they needed.

I think our videos will end up being the single most important, special "thing" we will take away from the wedding. Because even though it's only a glimpse of the whole wedding day, in us and in everyone we share it with, it sparks all of the memories, the feelings, and the love. They capture that pure, special love in each relationship they film, with such talent and professionalism that they made me even see my own relationship from a whole new perspective. I can appreciate the love that my husband and I share that much more.

Sent on 03/27/2014

Amelia · Married on 08/04/2013

We had wanted to work with you guys immediately after seeing our friend's Jackie and Jamison's wedding highlight film. Then once we reached out, the ball started rolling. First there was the skype meeting where we got to know each other and you heard our story. Next was the in person meeting, which made it so comfortable. We truly felt like we had a relationship with you by the day of our wedding. On the actual wedding day, you guys were incredible. Your professionalism, your personal-ism and your true joy of sharing in people's love shone through. Plus, Megan is the queen of lifting up the front of dresses! It really felt like we were working with close friends, who were also professional film makers. We had our hopes set high for the result of the wedding highlight film. The product completely surpassed our expectations. Anyone we have shown the film to, whether they were in attendance at the wedding or had to miss it, have all cried. You captured the day, the emotions, the special moments...us. We could not be more thankful or grateful and we so look forward to seeing the full film and reliving our wedding day through it! We would recommend Couture Motion to ANYONE and EVERYONE! Their work is truly parallel to a narrative short film. It is a work of art, we love it so very much, and Megan and Ian made it possible. Thank you!

Seriously guys, thank you!
    Amelia and Jason :)

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Amelia & Jason! You guys had such an amazing event and we were so lucky to film your day. You and Jason have such a special love and we were honored to get to know you and document your day. Thanks for being so open with us. You guys are amazing!

Ed · Married on 07/13/2013

In our search for a wedding filmmaker, I realized the significance in the difference between a videographer and a filmmaker. When I came across Couture Motion, they really are filmmakers. You can tell how they spend that extra time customizing each film to capture the day the way the couple lived it. I couldn't stop watching the videos in their portfolio as no two videos were the same. I spent some time on their blog and read what they wrote about their couples and realized, it wasn't just a business to Megan and Ian.

Out of all our vendors, and honestly, even my business partners, Megan and Ian are one of the most organized and responsive people I've ever met. Things got so much better when my fiancé (now wife) and I met them a few weeks prior to the wedding. It wasn't just a meeting, but truly felt like friends getting together to hang out. They are two of the coolest people! On your wedding day, your filmmaker is someone that is with you a good portion of the day and you want to make sure you like them...that was SO easy with Megan & Ian. They became friends to us and we look forward to seeing them again soon. One of the things I will always remember is how they consistently checked in with us to see how we were doing throughout the big day and reminded us the live in the moment, embrace each moment and cherish it all. Such amazing advice!

Our friends and family couldn't stop talking about how amazing our highlight film turned out. What we noticed is that not only did we love the people behind the camera, but so did everyone else! They made such a positive impression. I will always recommend them to anyone I know and my wife and I can't wait to hang out with them again!

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

Oh Ed & Kandice...where do we start with you?! It's so nice when our clients become our friends. There are just some people who you feel like you've known for years and you two are some of those people. Thanks for letting us film your wedding. There were some epic moments on your day (can you say flashmob?!). We had a blast!

Couture Motion does a phenomenal job! Megan and Ian are such amazing people and make you feel like you have known them forever. They work so hard on your wedding and it definitely shows in the product.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Virginia · Married on 06/01/2013

Megan & Ian from Couture Motion are amazing at what they do. We saw their work at a friends wedding and fell in love and decided we had to have them film our wedding day. We were not disappointed. Their videography skills are superb and are evident in every moment of our highlight film. They captured the essence of our wedding day and every time we watch our film we feel like we are reliving the day all over again. Choosing to have Megan & Ian be a part of our big day was the best decision we made while planning our wedding. We are anxiously waiting for our full length film and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Couture Motion to any brides and grooms in search of a videographer!

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

We were so honored to film your day! Thanks for the stellar review and we hope that you enjoy reliving your wedding by watching your film!

Melissa · Married on 10/27/2012

I knew I wanted to work with Couture Motion for my wedding long before I met my groom. I had admired their work for a long time. In a few short minutes I felt like was able to get to know the couple getting married and witness the most wonderful day of their lives. I was inspired by true love and the quality of Couture Motion’s work is timeless. Each trailer is unique, classic and personal.
    It is a different feeling being in the drivers seat and being the featured couple.
    I’ll never forget when Megan and Ian told us our trailer was posted and my now husband and I watched it for the first time. We both cried as we were instantly transported back to that day. They are able to magically capture the emotion, energy and excitement of our wedding day. Megan and Ian captured moments I didn’t even realize they were witnessing and moments that I had forgotten. They are there for everything and yet I didn’t even realize that they were! It is hard to put it into words, but what Megan and Ian create is special. They are profoundly talented and have given my husband and I a gift that we have been able to share with our family and we look forward to sharing this with a family of our own someday.
    In addition to our video, my husband and I used Couture Motion to do our wedding photography. Megan is so easy to work with. My husband was pleasantly surprised with how easy and quick it was. Some wedding photography takes hours but ours were quick, fun and turned out gorgeous. It was over 90 degrees in the desert and you’d never know. Our only problem is that we have too many wonderful photos to choose from!
    I would recommend Couture Motion to anyone getting married for both photography and video. They are professional, approachable, fun and their passion for film and their job truly shows in their work. We are forever grateful.

Sent on 01/04/2013

Serein · Married on 09/09/2012

Megan and Ian are an amazing team. They don't just capture the day, they capture the emotions and the love between the bride and groom. The quality of their work is so high and artistic that each wedding they work on is a piece of art. You cannot do better then Couture Motion and you'll never regret hiring them.

They are young and professional and understand the needs of today's couples and are flexible and willing to work with them.

My husband made one request that we not hire anyone that would make our video look like a bad student film, which was most of the videographers out there. What we got was so cinematic and priceless, completely the opposite end of the spectrum of our worst fears.

Megan and Ian are one of a kind and your wedding is too, so you should hire them to capture the uniqueness of the day and your relationship.

Sent on 11/15/2012

Dawn · Married on 08/18/2012

We chose Couture Motion to do our wedding video after seeing what an amazing job they did for our friend's wedding. Upon first contacting them, they let us know that they were all filled up for the season -HEARTBREAKING- BUT if we wanted to do a video and photo package, they could work with us. I wasn't really too picky about my photos so we decided to go with them. And boy, are we so glad that we did! The day of, they were amazing. They helped "prep" us for the events to come and always kept the wedding day schedule moving. Definitely wedding day pros! It was all very much appreciated. Also, they were so fun to work with. Our families and the bridal parties loved them. We are even happier with our highlight video and preview pics. Having Megan and Ian do both our video and photos made everything really cohesive. They go together and have the same "style" which we love. They have both got great ideas that translate really well onto film and make the photos/video really unique! I could go on and on. Couture Motion was the best investment we made on our wedding day and we will have the proof for years to come!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

Aw...Dawn you are so sweet!!! We loved working with you and your families as well! Such an amazing day and I feel like we gained two great friends out of the process!!

Honestly, there is no other word to describe Couture Motion other than EXQUISITE. They were absolutely lovely to work with and made the process as easy as could be. My husband and I had agonized over whether or not to hire videographers at all ( I was worried the videos would be "cheesy" like most other wedding videos I'd seen, and I was afraid that the camera would be in my face constantly). I haven't seen my full wedding tape yet, just the highlight reel, but it took my breath away (and my husband's too!). As for the actual day of, I never felt like I had a camera in my face-- the whole process was totally simple and organic. Honestly, hiring Couture Motion was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. The night went by so fast, it was a whirlwind. I can watch my highlight reel on repeat and relive the whole thing-- its a gift.

Sent on 05/09/2012

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

Thank you so much for everything Elana! You and Ethan are such great people and we LOVED filming your wedding. It's so easy to be simply and organic with people like you guys. Your love just emanates!

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2011

SOOO Happy I found Megan and Ian. They are a husband/wife team which I really liked. I talked to all of my friends who had been married and watched their videos and they just weren't good enough. So I was on my own and set out to the world wide web! I googled hundreds of sites and watched videos on each page. Couture Motion's page had something different- something special and unique. Their past videos made me cry! And the couples were strangers! So I knew. I knew they were the ones that I could trust to capture those memories I could never get back if lost. It's all about how the moments are put together. The music, the timing...there is so much to it! Megan and Ian put together the coolest highlight video! I got to see our first kiss, the cake cut, all the things that I could not picture in my head before seeing them on video! The day just flew by so fast! Working with Megan and Ian was so easy and painless. They are so organized and stayed on top of all of the day's details. Ian actually took over some of the wedding coordinator's duties and was keeping the day on track. He scooted me off to the father daughter dance when it was time and my coordinator was no where in sight! He was awesome! Our families and the bridal party loved them too! They worked great alongside our photographers. They were the perfect addition to our day!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

Lauren you guys are the best!! Thanks so much for the kind words and we had so much fun at your wedding! And thanks for the special shout out to Ian as taking over coordinator duties.... =)

laura · Married on 09/17/2011

My husband and I are so so so happy that we found Megan and Ian to film our wedding! They are such an amazing team and make you feel completely at ease with everything. Both Megan and Ian make you feel so special and are very attentive to all the details. On our wedding day they were happy to help out with whatever needed to be done such as helping me hold my dress as I walked or taking additional pictures that were important to us. What is also really cool about their work is when they are filming the wedding; at times you forgot they are filming because they are so good at what they do! Their work is so creative and original. When we first watched the videos they had on their website, we knew we wanted to have them film our special day and we are so happy that they agreed! Our highlight film turned out so awesome and everything we wanted. We know the wedding film will be even more amazing then the highlight film, which is hard to believe. I highly recommended Megan and Ian and know you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/09/2012

Lily · Married on 08/21/2011

These guys are amazing. From the moment we met them (and we didn't meet them until the day-of!), we instantly felt comfortable around them. Believe them when they say that they're "flies on the wall." Most of our guests didn't even realize that they were being filmed. They are quiet and unobtrusive and really let the moments speak for themselves.

I was actually the one who wanted the wedding filmed in addition to the photographer, and my husband was really on the fence (leaning towards "no") about it. After he watched our highlight film though, teary-eyed, he said that it was the best investment we made.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

Thank you so much Lily! We had the best time meeting you and Ethan. Your day was so beautiful and had such great taste! And the two of you sure can get down on the dance floor!

M · Married on 08/06/2011

My (new) husband and I (eeek!) could never say enough about how excellent our day was captured by Couture Motion. After viewing our highlight film, it was amazing to see just how many details they captured, so many moments that I would not have remembered had it not been on film, yet
    it all came together to completely encapsulate the entire day. Everyone who has seen it, which is quite alot seeing as my family was blown away and sent it to every work colleague and neighboor, said they were lead to tears and that it was the best "wedding video" they had ever seen. Our best decision was having our wedding filmed by Couture Motion, I cannot recommend them high enough. It is impossible to be disappointed with their work and we are so grateful to have had our wedding forever captured by their unique, yet classic and timeless, talents.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

Thanks so much Meagan and Arron. Your day was beyond beautiful and we were so honored to be a part of your union. What a special day that was!!

Andrew · Married on 06/25/2011

Couture Motion is 100%, the icing on the cake. The husband/wife duo, Megan and Ian, are absolutely incredible in every level of professionalism, creativity, work ethic, and on the pure human level. They will comfortably, efficiently, and discreetly capture the moments which make your wedding day, 'your' wedding. But more than that, it's the stories you share and the mannor which they blend everything together to paint a film which is so much more than the average highlight real; rather, it is an orchestrated journey of your relationship, the quality of which I've never seen in anyone else's work.

Sent on 10/14/2011

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

Andrew & Jennifer...We just love you guys. Thank you so much for this amazing review. It's not hard to do our job well when we have two wonderful people like you to work with! We loved working with you guys!

gabby · Married on 06/10/2011

It is difficult to find the right words to express our enthusiasm for Megan, Ian, and their incredible work.
    Megan and Ian are not videographers....they are artists.

Until watching one of Couture Motion's highlight films, videography wasn't something we had even considered.
    After watching what they captured from our day, we wonder why it wasn't the first.

Their work speaks for itself...

We agree that it was the best decision we made with regard to our big day!!!!

Sent on 07/03/2011

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

Gabby and Phil...where do we begin with you! I can't believe your wedding day was the first time we met in person. Ian and I felt like we had known you for years! We were beyond honored to capture your beautiful wedding day. Definitely one of most emotional days for us on the job...we just love you guys!

Francine · Married on 10/10/2010

Couture Motion was absolutely amazing! They were fun, professional, easy going, and made us feel so comfortable. Our guests did not even realize that we had a videographer at our wedding. Fast forward to our highlight film, OMG the best thing we have ever seen! Our friends and family watched and it and all ended up in tears because of how beautiful it was! It truly captured the best day of our lives! We love Couture Motion and would recommend them to everyone we know!

Sent on 02/05/2011

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

Fran & Jon...You guys are just amazing. You're wedding day was amazing to us. My favorite moment was when you guys were saying your vows. Such love between the two of you. My other favorite moment? You two on the dance floor. Jon doing the robot?! Now I know how he captured your heart. We love you guys. We just wished we lived closer so we could hang out and have BBQs with you!

Kaelyn · Married on 06/19/2010

Couture Motion was a dream to work with. Their creativity and attention to detail really allowed me to relax on my special day. Most of my vendors were amazing, but they really captured the beauty of our day and I will be able to cherish that forever. Megan and Ian also worked along side my other vendors with ease and that was super important to me. I highly recommend them to anyone. They are a lovely couple and will go above and beyond to do a fantastic, professional job. Thank you so much for everything you did!!!

Sent on 02/19/2011

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

Your wedding day was so amazing and we are so honored to have been a part of it. What a gorgeous day! I love you forever!!!

jackie · Married on 06/04/2010

After a pretty sizable search, we wound up finding Megan and Ian Swanson at Couture Motion, whose work was not only our favorite, but they offered us the best, most complete package -- for the best price. We were sold. We were so excited, especially about the "Love Story" film included in our package. Priceless, right? Our experience shooting that with them about a month before the wedding was so emotional and so wonderful. They made us feel instantly at ease, and like we'd known them both forever. Needless to say, that made us even more confident about our choice, and even more excited about our fast-approaching big day.
    There is so much to say about the wedding day. Words can't even describe it really. . . and somehow, just somehow, our video can. And that, right there, is what makes it the single best decision we made regarding our wedding day. We've heard stories of friends of friends watching it, and crying along with us during our vows -- a friend of a friend who was so inspired that she finally found the courage to get out of a bad relationship. Even a total stranger who wrote a blog post about how the video renewed her faith in love when all her hope in it was lost. My sister's friend from high school recently confessed she'd stumbled across it on Facebook and proceeded to watch it several times a day for a few months. That's how powerful it is. It means the world to us that we have it. It's priceless. It's everything. Just last week, Jamison and I watched it again together, crying and crying as if we were re-living the day all over again. Cause every time we see it, we are.

Sent on 02/05/2011

Couture Motion Pictures's reply:

I don't even know where to begin with you two. Ian and I felt like we were witnessing true, honest love for the first time in our lives. I remember having tears well up in my eyes when your ceremony happened. One of your guests commented on the day "This is like the end of a romantic comedy!" They could not have put it better than that. You are our model couple of how a person should experience their wedding day. Wholly and fully and without care. Such a gorgeous day from top to bottom!