12 Reviews for Connecticut Jazz Events

Instrumentals (2)
Willing to Travel (2)
Reception (1)
12 Connecticut Jazz Events Reviews

Mike & his band did an amazing job providing classy, upbeat jazz music for our cocktail hour. Beautiful music, very professional and easy to work with. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Jeff, 11/1/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Willing to Travel

We recently had a Connecticut Jazz Events trio (sax, piano, bass) entertain guests during cocktail hour before our reception at The New Haven Lawn Club. Amazing musicians with an elegant, sophisticated sound that set the tone for an unforgettable evening of music. First class experience from start to finish. Our guests raved about the vibe their performance created, especially all the Duke Ellington classics. Mike was an absolute pleasure to deal with, so accommodating with all our requests. Coming from a family with a rich, unwavering passion for jazz and its history, would strongly recommend Connecticut Jazz Events for your next party or event!

Profile Picture Andy, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

This band is the REAL DEAL! Do not waste your time with dance bands that claim to be able to play jazz for the cocktail hour and dinner, when in reality they are not authentic jazz musicians and know nothing about playing jazz. Mike and his band Connecticut Jazz Events were amazing - you could tell right away within a few notes that these musicians had dedicated their life to jazz music. They were able to play all my favorite classics from Shiny Stockings to Girl from Ipanema to Fly Me To The Moon no problem. To top it all off Mike, the bandleader was extremely professional and helpful in making suggestions - very easy to work with. Well worth the price paid for - guests were raving all night (and still are!). Thanks for making our wedding special! - Jenny & Rick

Profile Picture Jenny, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Reception, Willing to Travel

We hired Connecticut Jazz Events to play at our wedding cocktail hour. Working with Mike was a pleasure from day one. He helped us pick an arrangement that worked best for our needs and the quartet performed a great mix of jazz standards and some songs we requested. I've heard nothing but wonderful things from all of our guests. There are plenty of things to stress over on the day of your wedding, but if you hire these guys the live music won't be one of them.

Profile Picture User5121595, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

My husband really wanted live music for the ceremony and for cocktail hour; however, I was opposed to the idea because it was one more vendor to pay for, then we found Connecticut Jazz Events. They were affordable and highly recommended. Our ceremony was outdoors and you could hear the band loud and clear without any issues. We unfortunately missed them during cocktail hour but many of my guests made comments about the band and how they were the 'perfect touch' to our wedding day.

Mike and his crew were very professional throughout the entire process and were always available via email. I would recommend them to anyone in need of live music for an event!

Profile Picture Tyler, 5/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Excellent, excellent band! Definitely worth the money. We had the sax/bass/drums trio and they were PHENOMENAL! My husband and I really enjoyed their music during the reception and the guests were raving about it the whole event. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Amy, 8/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

We had a jazz trio (sax, guitar, bass) for our recent wedding and I have one word- amazing. The music was the perfect blend of jazz that guests could both dance to or just sit and enjoy- everyone from the little kids to the grandparents generation was enjoying listening to the music and most people danced for a little bit! They worked their breaks around reception events, and were easy to coordinate with. Our guests are still complimenting us for the quality of the music they provided and we loved every minute they were playing! I would highly recommend the jazz trio to anyone looking for a combination of background and low-key dancing, they are extremely talented and provide very high quality jazz music.

Profile Picture allison, 6/14/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

My husband and I hired Connecticut Jazz Events' Saxophone / Piano duo to play at the cocktail hour, and we were shocked how great they were! Seriously - these guys can really play! All the guests commented on how great the music was. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Jeanie, 10/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

I hired the Quartet to play at my wedding in 2013. They were superb, really complemented the event, and were priced fairly for a band for a band of such high quality. It's worth paying more for a band that will knock your and your guests' socks off! I'd recommend them in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Sam, 9/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

We hired Connecticut Jazz Events for the dinner at our wedding and we couldn't have been happier with the music! The music was elegant, classy, swinging, and sounded great! They really helped the dinner hour come alive and become "boring".

Profile Picture Joanna, 6/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

The jazz music that Connecticut Jazz Events provided really made my wedding. We hired them to play for the cocktail hour and the dinner hour. The music was spectacular! I heard compliments from guests all night about how nice the music was. They can even take requests for popular jazz standards on the fly. I can't recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

They made the night a night to remember... Absolutely beautiful music! I recommended them to all my friends that had weddings coming up.

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/7/11, 1 Review