Cliff Evans Photography Reviews

17 | Clinton, NJ

17 Reviews for Cliff Evans Photography

Karyn · Married on 07/08/2011

Cliff photographed our second wedding which was much less traditional than a typical wedding. Cliff was so accommodating and my guests were so impressed with his professionalism. His knowledge of lighting and eye for impromptu candid shots made our album something special we will always cherish. I would recommend Cliff to anyone for their wedding or other special occasion, whether it be the most formal of affairs, or a simple day you wish to have preserved in time for eternity.

Sent on 08/15/2011

jo · Married on 07/03/2011

Cliff was fabulous!! He and his assistant were with us the whole day and were fun and good humored. His style of photography was perfect for us--great photos documenting our daughter's wedding day!!

Sent on 07/13/2011

Amy · Married on 07/03/2011

Cliff was an amazing photographer for our wedding! He was very diligent during the entire day. I had many guests come to me after the wedding to tell me what a friendly, efficient photographer we had! On top of Cliff's work the day of our wedding, he had a few pictures ready for all to view by the next morning! It was a great surprise to be able to see and remember the wedding right away- trust me, you don't remember much about your wedding, it goes by so fast! Thanks Cliff for your fabulous photography!

Sent on 07/13/2011

Kate · Married on 06/18/2011

Cliff Evans did an absolutely fantastic job at our wedding. We would highly recommend him to anyone. Cliff is very friendly and gladly took care of any request. The photographs came out beautifully. We truly could not have asked for better service from a photographer. We feel very lucky to have found Cliff and that he was available for our wedding date. We cannot possibly recommend Cliff any more highly.

Sent on 07/15/2011

David · Married on 06/12/2011

We found Cliff through a matching service (Selective-Focus.net). We went through a handful, including meeting and interviewing 4 others once we narrowed down the list. We were after "value" - good price and good service with a photographer style that we liked. But we not only got a very decent price but great service. Cliff's style is more free-flowing and less "posed" pictures, but he will do any depending on what you would like. The package included the Bridal Prep at the hotel, ceremony, "pics in the park", and the reception, with no "overtime" charges, a nice (collage) album, and credit towards your own prints . Cliff does not have an "studio office", but don't let that scare you off - what we missed on "ambiance", we saved on $. The other major plus for us was that we wanted the proofs included. Some places will not give you the proofs or will charge you extra for them. Prior to the wedding, Cliff even went out and scouted the hotel, church, reception place and even places for pictures. On the wedding day,
    Cliff showed up on time and did everything he had promised - I think he stayed with us for around 11+ hours, not including travel time from his place.
    The only minor regret we had is that we didn't script our picture "sessions" better. We didn't realize until after we saw the proofs that we didn't get as many posed pictures with just us both as we wanted. We should have realized the day would be too hectic and franctic to control on the fly. But that's not Cliff's fault; something we should had mentioned to him at our first meeting.
    So overall we are very happy with our decision to go with Cliff and would highly recommend him to everyone.
    Anita & David

Sent on 08/12/2011

Nicole · Married on 09/25/2010

We were so lucky to have found Cliff. Our wedding pictures turned out amazing. We chose Cliff for his special style. Just take a look at his webpage. Many of our guests said that they've never seen such original and fun wedding pictures.

Sent on 11/07/2010

Rochelle · Married on 09/05/2010

Cliff did an amazing job with my wedding photos. He was very unobtrusive, but managed to seem to be everywhere at once. He took such beautiful pictures of my family and friends that I will be able to treasure forever. Within a few days of the wedding I already had my photos on CD. When my wedding started late- very late, he rolled with the punches and still made sure to photograph all our important moments. Cliff's friendly and down-to-earth personality put us at ease for the formal photos. I can truly say I couldn't have done better in choosing a wedding photographer!

Sent on 11/19/2010

Tasha · Married on 07/03/2010

Cliff and Laurie are very professional and the pictures came out beautiful. i would reccomend them to anyone. the pictures they took touched my heart and now my husband and I have perfect memories for years to come. thank you Cliff and Laurie for everything.

Sent on 11/19/2010

Amy · Married on 05/22/2010

Cliff was wonderful to work with, very polite and responsive. We hired him for our wedding with little instruction. I wanted the photographer to blend in and not be in everyone's face during the wedding or reception. Cliff was perfect for this. So many people complimented him to my husband and I during our wedding. The pictures were wonderful. We loved them and so did our families. We would definitely recommend Cliff for your wedding or any event. We would hire him again. Thanks Cliff!

Sent on 07/13/2010

Nicole · Married on 03/13/2010

Cliff was wonderful. He took pictures all night.

Sent on 07/19/2010

L · Married on 10/24/2009

What an amazing photographer! The service was excellent, the attention to detail was incredible and the photos are amazing! We couldn't have asked for more. I would recommend Cliff Evans Photography to my closest friends knowing that they would receive the amazing quality and service that we did.

Sent on 07/13/2010

Victoria · Married on 08/30/2009

There are not enough stars for Cliff. He was extremely professional, went with the flow instead of being the typical intrusive photographer. The shots he took were fabulous, everyone who attended the wedding raved about him and asked for cards (lots of future brides to be). His price cannot be matched, not for the work, time and pictures you will treasure forever...You will certainly not regret using him.

Sent on 11/11/2010

Robert · Married on 11/21/2007

Cliff is an amazing photographer, and his easy-going personality made the experience phenomenal. Our pictures are incredible. We cannot say enough to express our gratitude. I highly recommend Cliff Evans Photography to anyone who wants to work with a professional, while enjoying a fun, low-stress, natural-feeling photo shoot.

Sent on 12/19/2010

Kristen · Married on 03/26/2011

Cliff did a fantastic job photographing our wedding. We wanted someone who would capture what was happening, not dictate what happened, and Cliff did exactly that. Our photos are wonderful, our families love them. I don't know of anyone else who has had their wedding photos online within three days of the event, and images in less than a week! We had a wonderful experience from start to finish.

Sent on 04/11/2011

Christian · Married on 06/05/2010

Cliff is a fun guy who knows how to take photos that you will love to look at later. During the (outdoors) ceremony he was invisible and still captured all the important moments. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/27/2010

Jessica · Married on 07/17/2011

We had a very small wedding (26 guests) and only hired Cliff for five hours. I know that in many cases he spends 12 or more hours at weddings, and surely this results in many more pictures than we had from our wedding (about 400). Many of the photographers we had contacted would not agree to such a short contract for a wedding; they all have package deals that were much more than we wanted to pay which included services we were not interested in and many more hours than the required. We really appreciated Cliff's flexibility in this manner.

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Cliff. Actually, many of our guests commented on what a pleasure he was at the wedding. Prior to the wedding, after an initial phone conversation, Cliff and I e-mailed back and forth a number of times. He responded promptly to e-mails, and I really appreciated the flexibility and convenience of communicating this way. The week before the wedding Cliff and I had a phone conversation and he spent an hour and a half on the phone with me. This was a great opportunity for us to get to know each other a little bit and establish some familiarity with one another before the wedding, as well as to discuss the ideas I had about our wedding photography. During this conversation, Cliff also set appropriate expectations about what we could expect from the one hour of posed pictures we had planned to do before the ceremony. He let us know that since we are not models, we should only expect a handful of posed pictures that we would love within that time, and I think this was good advice which wound up being true. he was very considerate in asking me in advance about any Jewish customs he should know about that we would want him to photograph or not to photograph. Also, he called the synagogue in advance (at his suggestion) to ask whether there was anything that was off limits in terms of photography, or any particular "code of conduct" he should follow on the day of the wedding.

Although my husband and I met Cliff for the first time in a park two hours before our wedding ceremony where we were doing our posed pictures, we immediately felt very comfortable with him. His easy-going nature put us at ease, and we both really enjoyed the hour in the park. Also, Cliff had arrived at the park before us and scouted out some beautiful spots for our pictures that my husband and I would not have found on our own.

Cliff requires full payment for his services in advance of the wedding, which made me anxious since I hadn't met him yet, but needless to say he fulfilled the commitments he made in the contract and delivered our pictures to us in two formats within days following the wedding (first via a website, and then on a thumb drive in the mail), which was wonderful.

Overall we were pleased with our pictures. In hindsight, I wish my husband and I would've thought a little bit more carefully about what we were really hoping to get from our pictures. For example, we envisioned that the posed pictures would have a very fun feeling to them, but when it came time to doing the posed pictures neither of us had the presence of mind to consider that. Had we communicated that to Cliff in advance, I think he would've given us more direction when we were doing those shots so that the photos would have had that vibe. Still, there are a number of posed pictures that I love. Similarly, some of the backgrounds we wound up using for posed pictures at the synagogue didn't work out well in my and my husband's opinion, but again we hadn't discussed this with Cliff previously and if we had I know he would have worked with us to find other arrangements. That kind of thing is a matter of personal taste. I was very pleased with the candid shots he took throughout the wedding, and he was very unobtrusive. During the reception, I hardly noticed his presence, and he got some really wonderful shots that I love.

Sent on 09/21/2011

Stephanie · Married on 03/24/2012

3.5
      3.0

We learned about Cliff Evans photography through visiting a bridal expo and absolutely loved the work he showed. Through much research and consultation with a family member who is also a professional photographer, we decided to sign a contract with Cliff Evans photography for our 3/24/12 wedding.

My husband and I really wanted the candid approach and very few formal posed group pictures. We felt from looking at his work that we would get photography that captured the emotion and told the story of the evening. Cliff seemed to be a great fit for us for this reason, and when we got our pictures back they were exactly what we expected and we were not disappointed by the quality of the photos at all. They were absolutely beautiful. We were also surprised and pleased to have the webshow available to view just 2 days after our wedding. The photography was candid, and caught the emotion of the evening. The lighting was beautiful in the candid shots and a lot of focus was given to the bride & groom as it should be. Cliff & Charlotte were also very kind, professional, and on time. They managed to photograph beautifully while being discrete and not in the way. I barely noticed they were there.

We were however disappointed that photos of certain important moments were missed. There were no photos of the groom & his mother dancing together as well as no photos of a traditional ethnic dance that involved all guests at the wedding. In the photographers defense, we did not have the DJ make any announcement of either of these dances. He did not have a signal that it was time for the groom to dance with his mother, and happened to be out of the ballroom eating dinner when the traditional ethnic dancing was going on.

In hindsight I would have prepped Cliff and the DJ better to be sure they we in communication about these dances, even though they were unannounced, so as to be sure not to miss the photo opportunities. With so much to think about on my wedding day, it would have been nice for the photographer & DJ to think of this for me, and make a point discuss those important moments and be sure they were connected without relying on me to do so during my wedding. I think prior to the wedding day Cliff could have asked me more questions and I could have given more details as to what moments we definitely wanted to be to captured. I also had hoped for more candid pictures of the grooms parents than what were actually taken. Finally Cliff and his assistant Charlotte could have alternated when they left the ballroom to eat dinner so that one of them was still in the room and could go out grab the other if an important moment began while one of them was out of the room.

My final words to any bride considering Cliff Evans photography would be that the pictures will be beautiful and if you are looking for few formals and a candid approach that captures emotion and the joy of the day, you will definitely be pleased. I would just advise to be sure you clearly communicate if there are particular moments you absolutely must have photos of, and get that information to the photography team in advance of the wedding day. If you do so, I am confident they will get it right and you will be satisfied with the quality & professionalism of this team.

Sent on 03/29/2012