57 Reviews for Circle of Life Ceremonies

No Denomination (3)
Non-religious (2)
Rehearsal (2)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)

My husband and I are from different backgrounds in terms of our faith, so when we set out to find someone to marry us we knew we wanted to find someone who would accept our interfaith marriage and work with us to craft a ceremony that was unique to us, incorporated traditions and readings that spoke to both families' religions, and focused primarily on our love and relationship. When we first spoke to Dorry, we knew we had found the perfect person to craft our ceremony. Not only did Dorry share a deep understanding of our long-distance relationship (she confided that both she and her husband did the same long-distance when they first met!), she also took extreme care to know and remember by name, the important people in our lives: from family members to best friends. She took the time to meet with us in person without any pressure to sign a contract, but to get to know us better. And, in the lead up to the wedding, she helped us prepare with a thorough questionnaire that allowed us to introspectively reflect on our feelings for one another and the importance of the step we were making in our relationship in the lead up to our big day. We worked with her to edit the ceremony to make it exactly what we wanted, and she was grateful to include all of our personal anecdotes, our personal vows, and rituals. Now, three weeks after our wedding, my husband and I are still receiving compliments from guests for how personal, touching, and inspiring our wedding ceremony was. The wedding venue, photographer, and videographer have all asked for Dorry's information to share with potential clients - because she was THAT good. And we can't say enough how special it was for us to work with Dorry, create a ceremony that was meaningful to us and our guests, and that truly stands out as the most important part of our wedding day.

Profile Picture User6930473, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony

Few things in life are as important as the day you get married. Few things in life should generate life long memories for you, your spouse, and those you love as the wedding day. My wife’s and my journey with Dorry began some six months before the wedding. Dorry worked closely with us to learn about us as individuals and as a couple. Her experience and her commitment to her art of developing the perfect story of a couple’s journey through life that led them to becoming joined in marriage is nothing less than amazing.
Dorry is committed to you as a couple. She takes her time to artfully craft a ceremony that is moving, joyous, and memorable. My wife’s and my ceremony will be lovingly etched in our memories for a life time, all thanks to Dorry. Her experience and her devotion to what she does can take the weight of stress and anxiety out the planning process. Her ability to communicate what she is thinking allowed my wife and I to be intimately involved in the creation of a beautiful, one-of-a-kind wedding in a way that makes you completely enjoy the process.
Dorry ensures that the wedding day is about the bride and the groom. She is quite engaging in her ability to tell your individual story without her becoming the focus of an event. This truly is an art, and she is truly an accomplished, professional artist. When my wife’s and my day finally came we were able to experience a ceremony so beautiful that it is beyond description.
Dorry was able to convey the level of love that my wife and I have for each other that each person attending was able to understand and experience our love story. Words absolutely fail to give Dorry the credit that she deserves. If you want to make your wedding one of the most memorable events in your life and in the lives of those that mean much to you, then all I can say is that I would recommend Dorry with the highest marks.

Profile Picture John, 10/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I am still coming down from an absolutely wonderful day!

I can not find the words to express how blessed and fortunate I felt to have Dorry speak at our wedding. She is a wonderful artist and I am left stunned and in awe of what she created for my husband and I.

The morning after the ceremony, my husband and I had a very special and quiet moment in front of the fire place at the Inn in Princeton were it was held. It was still dark and no one was around, plus the moon was full and shining down through the windows. We stood close in the exact same spot and held hands. A rush of emotions come over us as the memory of what we experienced with Dorry came back to our hearts and minds, plus the realization that something remarkable happened there.

I felt as though we were in the mist of something very special, almost magically divine during the ceremony. I hung on every word and have never felt so in the moment in my entire life, ever. It was truly a spiritual and emotional experience that I will never, ever forget!

Dorry made our ceremony exceptionally unique and memorable. She is truly gifted and we feel blessed to have come together with her to create such an wonderful ceremony.

Profile Picture patricia, 10/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I can't begin to express how wonderful it was to work with Dorry and how truly special and amazing our wedding ceremony was. We had the opportunity to work with Dorry twice. Due to some health issues Dorry married my husband and I in a private ceremony just the two of us and then again a year and a half later in front of our family and friends. Both ceremonies, for different reasons, completely exceeded any expectations I had. She has an amazing gift for getting to know people and learning what is important to them. Additionally she is a beautiful writer and I have received so many compliments from guests about how special our ceremony was. We are truly grateful to have founded her through a friend and the best thing I did with regards to our wedding was hire her to marry us.

Profile Picture Christina, 10/24/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

Dorry Bless was our wedding officiant and she is something truly special. I was very nervous when researching officiants because I really wanted to find someone that would connect with us as a couple and help us to bring to life the ceremony we were picturing. We got that, and so much more when finding Dorry. She took the time to meet with us in person as well as communicated with us via email and phone extensively. She has you fill out a detailed questionnaire and provide a ton of information so that she truly gets to know each of you individually and as a couple before the big day. Once she has all that information, she writes a script for the ceremony that you can then read and edit prior to the wedding day. Dorry helped us bring to life the perfect ceremony and made it extremely personal. All our guests are still commenting on the wonderful job that Dorry did and I cannot believe how beautiful our wedding ceremony was. I highly recommend Dorry for whatever kind of wedding you are looking to have - she is an absolute joy to work with and takes a lot of the pressure off of you before the big day!

Profile Picture User5578305, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

From the moment Dorry and I first connected on the phone, I felt confident that we would be working with an intelligent, well-spoken, warm, and caring individual. Upon meeting her in person, my then-fiance and I were instantly put at ease and knew we had chosen a wonderful officiant. The collaborative writing of the ceremony was one of the things that most drew us to her. From our responses to questions and stories we told her Dorry was able to weave together a beautiful love story that was touching, funny!!, and layered with meaningful and personal quotations. It was amazing how quickly we felt that Dorry came to really know us. That personal touch came through in the ceremony, and all of our friends and family agreed.

Profile Picture User4987825, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dorry Bless officiated our wedding ceremony in May of 2015. Throughout the entire planning process, Dorry was always available and responded quickly and professionally to any questions or ideas we had. When we had to change our ceremony location mid-planning, Dorry was flexible and very reassuring. Her questionnaires were insightful, thorough, and really helped us reflect upon our relationship. Crafting our ceremony was truly a collaborative experience, and Dorry made certain that everything reflected who we are as a couple and our wishes for our wedding. Using a life cycle celebrant was a new experience for us, and was the perfect decision for achieving a customized, meaningful ceremony. Many guests told us that ours was the most personal wedding ceremony they had ever attended! We highly recommend Dorry for any couple planning a wedding!

Profile Picture Jenny, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We couldn’t have dreamed up a more perfect wedding ceremony than the one Dorry crafted and performed for us for our May 2015 wedding. We knew we wanted a unique ceremony that reflected us, our story, our future, and the things most important to us, but weren’t sure if this was even possible. Dorry was recommended to us by another wedding officiant and I couldn’t be more grateful. Our ceremony captured everything we wanted and so much more. We laughed, we cried, we couldn’t have been more pleased. We were overwhelmed with praise and compliments from our family and friends about how meaningful and special our ceremony was. We heard so many times that it was "the best wedding ceremony I've ever been to." We couldn't agree more! Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Dorry was so great to work with. She made it easy, relaxed and fun. She was extremely accommodating to our schedules, extremely helpful with ideas and her gentle reminders of timelines. If you are like us and very unsure of how to begin planning a ceremony or unsure of what options are even possible, don’t worry! Dorry offers as much or as little input and guidance as you want or need. After getting to know us, she suggested several readings for us that were perfect, as well as different rituals we could perform. She also provided great resources to help us write our own vows. We were able to tweak and make edits to the ceremony script to make sure we were 100% comfortable with every word and element. Overall it could not have been a better process or outcome. Our wedding would not have been the same without her! We would definitely recommend Dorry to anyone looking for their perfect ceremony!

Profile Picture User5208608, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We hired Dorry to be our officiant for our wedding and we were thrilled with her services! She is very organized and makes the process of working with her very easy. We met her at a restaurant, she worked around our schedules which was very helpful. She gathered a ton of info from us and within a week we had a rough draft of how our ceremony was going to go.

She is very flexible with the wedding plan and also offers great advice and suggestions (such as, getting a group photo of everyone at the ceremony right after you wrap up). We went back forth to craft the perfect plan and we were confident that everything was going to go very smoothly. She is also very timely and responsive which is extremely helpful.

The ceremony ended up going beautiful and Dorry knocked it out of the park. She had a blend of our story together as a couple as well as us as individuals. Everyone complimented her/our ceremony and we were extremely happy with how everything went.

Dorry's cost for her services is very reasonable and she is awesome to work with. We would highly recommend Dorry and her services to anyone. :)

Profile Picture User4825862, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

When you start your search for an officiant you wonder, is there someone who can truly capture the essence of who we are individually and as a couple and translate that into the perfect ceremony that represents us? Well, Dorry Bless did just that and then some! Her power of listening combined with her process to get to know you worked so well that people at our wedding afterward asked if she was a friend or family member! She made our love story the star attraction and in that gave us the most unique and personalized ceremony! Safeguard your ceremony and put it in the hands of Dorry! In the end, like us, you will feel as if you were lead to her to create with you, the perfect ceremony!

Profile Picture Richard, 9/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I found Dorry Bless while searching on Wedding Wire one night. After reading so many rave reviews about her, I immediately reached out to her and was happy to learn that she was available for our date. She drove half way to meet us which I thought was so nice. From the moment we sat down and started talking, I immediately felt like I've known her my entire life. She asked us questions about our life, how we met, our vision for our ceremony, etc. and I was really impressed that she was writing all of our answers down before I even booked with her. I knew that she was the one. I cannot say enough great things about Dorry. She is amazing at what she does and she truly has a craft for writing wedding ceremonies. We knew that we wanted our ceremony to be unique, personal and for guests to feel loved. Dorry did this and way more!! It was great working with her and we really enjoyed helping to write our ceremony. She was patient and did not rush us at all. She had a lot of great ideas too! Our ceremony was absolutely amazing and I still smile just thinking about it. We received so many compliments about our ceremony and so many people said it was the "best ceremony they've ever been to!" That's a HUGE compliment! Thank you Dorry for being such a special part of our day and for writing such an amazing, meaningful and thoughtful ceremony that really reflected us as a couple. We'll never forget it. We HIGHLY recommend Dorry!! She was absolutely perfect and such a sweet and caring person inside and out! Thank you for everything!!

Profile Picture Jenn, 6/28/14, 13 Reviews
Category: Officiant

From the moment my Fiance and I met Dorry we knew that this wonderful lady would do us the honor to marry us. Dorry was very informative and very helpful in crafting our unique wedding ceremony that was specific to my Fiance and my love story. She crafted a beautiful story and ceremony that we could not wait to share with our family and friends.

Due to a family emergency, my Fiance and I had to make the decision 5 days before our wedding to postpone our wedding 6 weeks. Dorry was amazing with this process. In our time of dire need, she went above and beyond her duties as our officiant and even offered to call our vendors to tell them about the situation. Dorry was so supportive through the entire process. Once we were able to reschedule our special day, Dorry made sure that this day was even more special due to the circumstances surrounding it.

I highly recommend Dorry to anyone that is looking for a ceremony that is a reflection of the love story between you and you significant other. Everyone at our wedding could not stop talking about how wonderful the ceremony was!

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/17/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dorry was fantastic to work with! She was so attentive and flexible, and made our wedding ceremony everything we wanted it to be--warm, light-hearted and non-religious (my husband comes from a Jewish family and I come from a conservative Protestant family--neither one of us is religious at all, so it was very important for us to have a ceremony that was true to our own beliefs without offending anyone else's--voila!)

Profile Picture Christina, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Finding an officiant that we felt understood us and our relationship was really important for me and my husband. After meeting with a number of potential candidates and always leaving disappointed, we were growing discouraged. Before we even met Dorry, however, I had a really good feeling. Even through email correspondence, she radiated positivity, so, after our first meeting, it was a no brainer that she'd be the one to marry us. Dorry goes through a painstaking process of making sure our ceremony was everything we envisioned it to be and more. Having her create such a personal ceremony from scratch for us was so special for us and for our guests, most of whom were used to a more traditional wedding ceremony and had never seen something so perfectly tailored to the couple. Dorry takes every word you share with her (including a detailed questionaire she has you fill out) into careful consideration when crafting your ceremony. We wanted our ceremony to be outside the box and reflect who we were as people and Dorry could not have done a more incredible job. She is so engaging to watch and listen to and we couldn't be prouder and more thankful for her beautiful, heartfelt contribution to our wedding.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/22/13, 11 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We worked with Dorry on our September 2013 wedding--and have nothing but good things to say! She took our mishmash of ideas and thoughts and crafted them into a beautiful, meaningful ceremony. Her words really reflected our personalities and values--making our ceremony the highlight of our wedding day. Dorry was professional, flexible, and thoughtful. I would recommend her without reservation for any of your life celebrations!

Profile Picture Devon, 9/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Words will never describe how grateful I am to Dorry and the joy she brought to our friends and family on our special day. From the beginning, she was welcoming and accomodating, providing resources to help shape our ceremony and making it Ours. Ceremonies tend to be one of those things people dread sitting through. But with Dorry there, it was a special introduction to the story of our love. She was engaging and lively and I received nothing but praise throughout the night. Everyone kept telling me what a beautiful ceremony it was. Having an officiant was the best decision I made. No matter your religion or special beliefs, an officiant will help you tailor your ceremony to make it a part of your day people will remember and not something you just sit through until cocktail hour!

Profile Picture Crystal, 8/24/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Dorry performed the ceremony for my wedding this summer and she did a lovely job. The entire process of creating the ceremony with her was a wonderful for me and my husband to reflect on our relationship and what our wedding and marriage meant to us as individuals and a couple. The final result was fantastic, Dorry crafted a beautiful ceremony that told our story and I had so many guests raving about her and the ceremony. She was a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Claire, 6/8/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dorry was absolutely incredible to work with, and one of our favorite (if not our complete favorite) vendor that we used for our wedding. She created an amazing ceremony that we were told (and are still being told) was the most intimate, personal, and unique wedding ceremony people had ever seen. She made us feel so comfortable; when we made super picky edits, she made a point to ensure that we felt comfortable doing so and really worked hard to "get" who we are as individuals and as a couple. While we must've been one of many couples working with her, we always felt so special and paid attention to. Dorry Bless is wonderful, and we would recommend her to anyone getting married!!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/26/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dorry Bless was amazing! From our first conversation to even after our wedding, she was so responsive and understanding. She listened to everything we had to say regarding our ceremony and made sure the ceremony was just the way we wanted it. Every time we talk about our special day, Dorry always comes up in conversation.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/18/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I was incredibly pleased with our ceremony and the whole planning process. Dorrie was wonderful to work with. We found her to be professional, flexible, caring, open minded and responsive. In our initial meeting she was attentive, offered up excellent ideas and clearly explained how she works with couples to create their perfect ceremony. We felt comfortable with Dorrie and that she was respectful of our values and beliefs, so we chose her to be our Celebrant.
Dorrie gathers extensive information, which she used to create the ceremony. In the end she composed a ceremony that was meaningful and personal for us and our guests. Our guests commented that they had never enjoyed a ceremony so much and it is part of my best memories from our big day.
Thank you Dorrie, you truly made our day special. You will hear from us when renew our vows!

Profile Picture Bridgette, 4/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Circle of Life Ceremonies is a non-denominational group that provides an excellent opportunity for people like us to have a beautiful ceremony rather than just a civil service at a courthouse. Dorry Bless, our Celebrant, is absolutely unbelievable.
If you want a unique ceremony that is totally tailored to you and who you are, please call Dorry. You will love her, as does everyone whom she marries.
Dorry Bless was the best part of my whole wedding and reception. She MADE our wedding day beautiful and perfect. I can never thank her enough for giving me the wedding of my dreams.

Profile Picture mary jean, 2/16/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dorry consistently exceeded our expectations. Honestly, if we could have given her 6 stars out of 5, we would have. Through personal interviews, a comprehensive questionnaire, and a willingness to go through multiple revisions of the ceremony, Dorry managed to perfectly capture what made us unique both as individuals and as a couple. At the same time, she managed to seamlessly integrate elements from our disparate faith traditions, without making them feel forced or incompatible. We are not overstating things when we say that Dorry went above and beyond on our behalf: she provided calm leadership when a thunderstorm broke out in the middle of the ceremony. Every bride has nightmares about rain on her wedding day, but Dorry turned a liability into an asset. She adapted the ceremony on the fly given the changing conditions and even handed us her own umbrella when the rain began falling. Now, two months after the ceremony, our guests are still telling us that our wedding was one of the nicest and most personal they'd ever attended, and no one remembers the rain. We cannot say enough good things about her, and we wholeheartedly recommend her.

Profile Picture David, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Dorry was single handedly the most important and best part of our ceremony. Not only did she fully capture our personalities and wants in our ceremony, but she completely personalized every single sentence to reflect who we are as a couple, and what we want our marriage to represent. She is eloquent, funny, talented, and amazing at what she does. We received so many compliments about our unique and personalized ceremony. We are so happy we got to work with Dorry, and hope to work with her again some time!

Profile Picture Julie, 6/23/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dorry was amazing!! We were looking for a unique ceremony that was completely personalized and Dorry created a ceremony that couldn't have been more perfect for us! It's been three months since our wedding and we are still receiving compliments on how unique and special our ceremony was. Dorry was a dream to work with!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/16/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Dorry officiated our wedding this spring and she was absolutely amazing. Conducting a wedding ceremony is a very personal and special privilege and one we are so happy we had Dorry conduct for us. She made our ceremony so personal, so creative and so memorable. Her service was one of the best parts of the day. We got so many compliments on our ceremony. Our guests kept telling us throughout the evening "people are going to remember your ceremony" and no one ever says that! Dorry gave us the special union we were hoping for. She did an absolutely perfect job!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/26/12, 1 Review