Chris Volpe Photography Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 15 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • User1828140 Event on: 09/13/2014
    We couldn't have asked for someone better to capture our son's bar mitzvah. From our initial meeting with Chris to the last photo he took at the celebration, Chris was 100% invested in capturing the day, and he's such a nice guy! While we haven't received the photos yet, we are certain Chris' documentary/photojournalist approach was perfect. He photographed the ritual and the fun, even keeping pace with the 13 year old boys enjoying the non-traditional sporting events of our celebration. Thanks, Chris!
    Meredith Married on 09/28/2013
    Chris Volpe photography was top notch for our wedding! Chris and his assistant were very easy to work with and captured great shots of our big day. I appreciated Chris cracking jokes and taking artistic photos of all the details of the wedding. Chris Volpe Photography offers a variety of packages for any budget and is overall a fun vendor to work with.
    Adriana Married on 09/01/2013
    Chris was our photographer for both our engagement and wedding photos.We love every single one of our pictures from both of the events. Other than still shots, his journalistic photography captured many priceless, precious and natural moments, especially during our wedding. These pictures make us so happy. These are great quality photos.

We found Chris by chance in April 2012, we were looking last minute for a photographer available in the tri-state area available to shoot our engagement photos the next weekend to capture the short-lived cherry blossom in the New Jersey area. With that said, we had very high and clear expectations, and we were so happy with the results. Chris drove out to NJ to meet us. I was worried that my husband would feel uncomfortable or bored, but Chris kept us engaged and we all just had so much fun. Chris is very professional and dedicated as a photographer and we can tell that he wants to deliver consistently quality pictures for us. We also purchased the sign in book with engagement pictures, Chris did a nice job arranging the photos in there, and the book is high quality.

At our wedding, we had a wedding party of 18 people, and a big family. Chris managed the time very well and made sure he was able to get every group shot we needed. It began to pour in the middle of our outdoor reception, even in the rain, Chris captured several memorable moments. He was soaked, but he didn't stop shooting. During the rest of the ceremony, reception and dinner, Chris was great to work with, made sure he got all the important moments, took pictures of every table, and was super friendly with my friends and relatives whenever they wanted him to take a pictures of us. And he was not intrusive at all in doing his job. Chris is also fair and straight forward with his pricing, no hidden or unexpected fees.

We are so thankful to have had Chris rather than anyone else, we will choose Chris again, and would recommend him to anyone else.
    J Married on 05/20/2013
    Chris Volpe Photography is top notch. Chris is pleasant and takes the time to get to know you. He will definitely put you at ease. He very talented. You don't have to worry about a thing. Just let him create the memories for your wedding through his camera lens. He truly is able to tell the "story" of your wedding through photography. Chris is also very helpful with picking out great photos for the album! We were very happy with Chris and his services.
    Jennifer Married on 03/16/2013
    Chris was absolutely wonderful to work with! From the very first time we communicated all the way to after the wedding when the pictures were ready, he was very responsive and communicated immediately. My entire wedding day, I was extremely nervous, but he kept me laughing throughtout everything. I was also extremely happy with the different packages that were offered. My pictures came out absolutely beautiful, and I'm so happy that I went with him because he gave a great representation of my wedding day.
    Cara Married on 10/13/2012
    Cara & Jeremy

Chris and his staff did an amazing job capturing the most exciting time in our lives- from the engagement photos to our wedding day to the layout of our wedding album that we will cherish forever, everything exceeded our expectations. Our family and guests are still talking about how much they enjoyed having Chris at the wedding, and how much they love the photos he and his assistant took. Based on the beautiful pictures they captured, they seemed to be everywhere on our wedding day- yet were not intrusive in the slightest. We would definitely recommend them to any couple looking for great attention to detail and stunning photos.
    Ashley Married on 09/08/2012
    Chris and team were fantastic to work with!
  • User961602 2+ years ago
    Chris did the photography for my September wedding at Eugene O'Neill Theater in CT. He was great to work with from start to finish! I've gotten a couple preview photos so far and they are great! Can't wait to see the rest!
    Melanie Married on 08/18/2012
    My husband and I were so lucky to have Chris for our wedding. He was very professional and friendly from the start, with lots of communication about what exactly we wanted from him and how we wanted our pictures to look. He arrived early to take photos of us all getting ready, and his humor and ease helped everyone feel relaxed and ready for the wedding. He was so great at helping to organize all our wedding party and family members for the right pictures we needed, and he worked with the time we had to get a great shot with everyone. He was especially great with our flower girls, making them laugh and feel like princesses- it was very cute. He spent time taking beautiful photos throughout the ceremony and reception, capturing every wonderful moment from tears of joy to smiling faces on the dance floor. I couldn't have imagined a better photographer for my wedding day, and I love looking back at the pictures and reliving it all!

Melanie + Neil
    Lindsey Married on 08/17/2012
    Chris did an amazing job with our wedding photos and wedding album! He was fun, easy going and very creative in capturing our special moments at the wedding. We HIGHLY recommend him to others, we promise you will not be disappointed!!!
    Julie Married on 05/26/2012
    I am so happy that I chose Chris to be the photographer for my wedding. With so many options, it was overwhelming trying to find someone. I submitted an email inquiry to Chris's studio, and he called me back personally the next day. From that first phone conversation, I was confident that I had found the right person. After seeing the quality of his albums on display in his studio, I was sold. The photos he took for my wedding were absolutely stunning, and I have (and continue to) receive compliments on the pictures and my album. On the day of the wedding, he arrived early to take the getting ready shots, and even stayed late at the end of the night because the dance floor was hopin'. As many other reviewers have stated, Chris has a great sense of humor and really helped me to stay at ease all day. He captured all the perfect moments, and then some. As a photographer, he blended in with the other guests and wasn't at all intrusive when taking his photos. He is truly a professional and I would highly recommend him for any event. One of my best friends actually did hire him for her wedding, and he did a wonderful job for her, too. I couldn't be happier with the turn out of my photos and album, and I would certainly hire him for another event.
  • User1451342 2+ years ago
    Chris and his assistant were great and very flexible with last minute changes. We had 2 weddings in the same day, a Christian one, and a Hindu one-quite elaborate. He got some really nice, creative shots that looked fresh and modern, and over 2 years later I still get compliments on our wedding photos and how well our photographer did.
    Christine Married on 11/21/2009
    We really wanted a photographer who would not be overly invasive, but still be present enough to capture all the moments of the day. Chris completely delivered for us. We ended up with a wonderful mixture of posed photos and candids; the detail photos (the flowers, the cake, the rings, the place cards, etc.) were also beautiful. I love how he not only captured our moments throughout the day, but also the moments and emotions of our family and friends. Most importantly, he was never intrusive or aggressive. His professionalism combined with his sense of humor resulted in a relaxing and enjoyable experience. He kept the bridal party laughing and made everyone incredibly comfortable. Chris’ enthusiasm never waned from the moment he walked into my parents’ house, to the church, to the last song at the reception. Also, my album is beyond gorgeous! Chris truly cares about making your album perfect. I highly recommend Chris Volpe to anyone!
  • User1313047 2+ years ago
    We were so happy with our wedding photos! Chris really captured the magical essence of our wedding day. He was great with the children in our wedding party and managed well with our unruly family when it was time to take family portraits. From the sunset photos on the beach to capturing Michael midair while breakdancing, Chris's photos really exceeded our expectations.

Thanks again!

Allison + Michael
  • User1312749 2+ years ago
    Chris did both our engagement photo shoot as well as our wedding. The pictures are AWESOME! We are thrilled with both our wedding sign-in book (made from engagement photos) and our wedding album. He did an amazing job and I would highly recommend him! -- Kathryn C. (Danbury, CT) --