86 Reviews for Chicagoland Wedding Pastor

Customized Vows (3)
Licensed (3)
Non-religious (2)
86 Chicagoland Wedding Pastor Reviews

My husband and I are SO happy we found Pastor Mike to marry us :) He was incredibly easy to communicate and work with-from the first email all the way through to the ceremony, and we've had so many friends and family members who have commented to us or to our parents that it was one of the best wedding ceremonies they've ever been to! From the first time we met with him, he was so kind, easy to talk to, and seemed like he really cared about our relationship and vision for the ceremony. It was obvious right away that he has a lot of experience officiating weddings and knowledge about how things will flow on the big day. I was raised in a more religious home than my husband, and our guests were from varying levels of faith, so we had some concerns about pleasing everyone while still making it what we wanted, and only had a general idea of a "vision" for the ceremony. Pastor Mike never put any pressure on us to incorporate anything that didn't feel natural and was somehow able to ask the right questions to help us guide his ceremony to be a perfect blend of what we both wanted. After meeting for the consultation, he emailed us a personalized, word for word script of the ceremony and encouraged us to make any changes. We really appreciated that extra step to make sure we were on the same page and comfortable with every part of it. He was so patient and responsive to several emails leading up to the wedding, helping with questions about marriage licenses and other paperwork that we were clueless about. He was professional, personable, and prepared, and everyone I know who talked to him had nothing but great things to say. He even arrived to our rehearsal before we did! I would absolutely recommend Pastor Mike to anyone looking for an awesome officiant (at an amazing value especially with all of the personal touches) who will go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect and as stress free as possible :)

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Rehearsal, Customized Vows, No Denomination

Our guests can not stop raving about how amazing Mike was for our ceremony. When searching for an officiant we had some main requirements we weren't willing to budge on. We wanted someone who would make the ceremony personal to us, and also have some fun quirky parts as well. We wanted our ceremony to scream us as a couple. Mike did exactly that and then some! He took time to know us as a couple and also about our relationship. He incorporated adorable stories about us into the ceremony and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. HIGHLY recommend Mike. Take it from a girl that researched officiants for days. You won't be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Crystal , 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mike was incredible! Save your time reading the rest and just book him now.

Hiring an officiant was one of the hardest vendors to pick because they play such a public role in a wedding. Mike was great - set up a meeting months in advance to get to know us and walk us through his process. He incorporates that information into the service, but he also assists with the flow of a wedding. He offered suggestions for timing, traditions, and passages. Mike sent over a copy of his rough draft for us to review, and updated changes quickly. Mike made sure we understood timelines and paperwork requirements as well.

Mike was great on wedding day. Everything went very smoothly. He sent a follow up email on Monday morning when he put the paperwork in the mail. He quickly responds to email and is detail oriented.

Profile Picture Kevin, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mike did a great job as our officiant. We were glad he was a part of our day.

Profile Picture Andrew, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor Mike is amazing! He made me feel so at ease when we met. He's very friendly and makes you feel like you've known him for years. He was very prepared with questions, had a template but let us as our input and listened to our questions/ concerns and gave us suggestions. He even had examples of different wedding programs and ways you can go about doing the ceremony. He was very quick with getting the speech back to us and it was very detailed which was great and allowed me to add my edits which I appreciated and he incorporated them. He came to the rehersal and explained everything to the wedding party making them feel at ease and the day of the wedding, he did a fantastic job! I had many guests tell me how much they liked pastor mike and what a great job he did. I will be recommending pastor mike over and over again. He's great!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor Mike made our ceremony perfect! The whole process meeting with him and choosing how we wanted our ceremony to go was so easy. He was so kind, so easy to talk to, and made us comfortable about the whole process from the beginning. My family and I had to hold back tears when reading the beautiful ceremony he wrote. Pastor Mike knew he would not be able to attend our rehearsal due to having another wedding but after talking with him on the phone I decided to meet with him anyways and I am sure glad I did. He met with us a few nights before the wedding and reviewed everything in such great detail I thought I was standing at the altar already. We were confident with how the ceremony would go and everything went flawlessly and exactly how Pastor Mike described it would. My friends and family are still complimenting how perfect the ceremony was and that it was the best that they had ever attended. Thank you Pastor Mike for performing the ceremony I have always dreamed of!

Profile Picture Brooke, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor Mike Loncar is fantastic and we are extremely pleased with his services! My new bride and I decided to use Pastor Mike for our wedding after he officiated my good friend's wedding the year before. His calm and friendly tone is very inviting to all guests. He makes the service both fun and funny while still capturing the seriousness of the sacrament. We received many compliments on how he officiated from both sides of the family. We would recommend him to anyone in need of a non-denominational service.

Profile Picture Tim, 8/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had the pleasure of having Pastor Mike officiate our wedding this past May. We had met him about a year ahead of our date and we spent a couple hours talking and getting to know each other. During our conversation, Pastor Mike asked us questions about ourselves and about us as a couple. He sent us a transcript of the ceremony to review. We made a few tweaks which he was more than happy to accomodate. I was so happy to see him incorporate bits about us and capture our personalities and history as a couple. The ceremony had a great balance of sentiment and light humor. I had so many compliments about Pastor Mike's ceremony after the wedding and would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Corinne, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Our experience with Pastor Mike Lonchar was nothing short of outstanding. Our first meeting with him was great. He spent the time to get to know us and asked all the right questions to prepare a perfect ceremony for us. He was responsive and professional and really made the rehearsal and ceremony shine. Our guests raved about him and we were completely satisfied with our choice. THANK YOU Pastor Mike!

Profile Picture kenneth, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor Mike was a pleasure to work with. He was attentive to what we were looking for. He made efforts to meet every one of our wishes during the ceremony. He was flexible during our rehearsal and ceremony to accommodate for some last minute changes. He wrote a ceremony that reflected our relationship. He really got to know us. Thank you for the wonderful service!

Profile Picture Rob and Carly, 11/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I really can't say enough kind things about Pastor Mike. From the very first time I e-mailed him, to the consultation, to the actual ceremony itself, he was there and responsive! He made our ceremony so personal that the Maid of Honor actually said he basically told her entire speech in our ceremony! But in all seriousness, Pastor Mike was beyond fantastic. He was so patient with us, and we heard rave reviews from our guests about him. They said he helped make our ceremony intimate and even made our guests laugh a few times! Pastor Mike was extremely professional and polite, despite our rehearsal dinner starting 30 minutes late due to a late guest (sorry again about that!). Thank you so much, Pastor Mike! He was truly great, and I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Tabitha, 10/21/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination, Rehearsal

Mike Lonchar gave us an unforgettable ceremony! He was able to bring our vision for the ceremony to life. What we loved most about the ceremony was his ability to add personal stories from our life and added some humor to it. He was very engaging with us and with the crowd. He was very well-spoken and professional from beginning to end We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful ceremony. My friends said it was one of the best ceremonies they have ever seen and that is was very touching! Mike was very easy to talk to and listened to every idea that my husband and I had. We really appreciate all of his hard work and could not be more thankful!

Profile Picture Angela, 10/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor Mike was so great from our first meeting! He met with us and really got to know us and our story. After our initial meeting, Mike sent us a copy of our ceremony layout and we loved it! He gave us suggestions for unity ceremonies and catered the ceremony to exactly what we wanted. He was very quick to respond to any questions I had. Our ceremony was so perfect! So many guests have commented how great Pastor Mike spoke! So happy we had Pastor Mike as our officiant!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor Mike did a fantastic job at our ceremony, the perfect mix of prayer, humor and advice. When a last minute prop was added to our ceremony Mike modified his service to include it in a very meaningful way. I would strongly recommend Mike to anyone looking for an officiant.

Profile Picture Gary, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor Mike is awesome. He was the officiant for our friends wedding. We liked him so much we went to him when we got engaged. I'm so glad we did because Pastor Mike is very clear, efficient, and not to mention funny. I got a lot of compliments from my guests even on how wonderful and awesome our officiant was!

Profile Picture carly, 9/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We met Pastor Mike in October 2015 for our wedding on September 04, 2016. After meeting with another pastor, we decide to choose Pastor Mike because of his easy going and accommodating attitude. From the start he made us feel comfortable and we were able learn about him and he us. There was a large gap between the time we first met til our wedding. In between this time it was very easy to get a hold of him to change, alter, or ask for advice or what have you. He responded very quickly and efficiently every time. We were both happy at how the ceremony turned out.
Brides to be... If you are like me and you need to plan things in detail, Pastor Mike helps you without you even realizing it. You'll receive the entire ceremony passage outlined word for word, Topic to topic. This will help you see how and what to expect for your ceremony. He is very accomadating and insightful with his experience.
You won't go wrong choosing him. He helped me feel at ease and helped make my wedding day go smooth, free of complications. I highly recommend him

Profile Picture Susan, 9/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor Mike truly made our ceremony so memorable and we were so fortunate to find him! He is very responsive and super organized, which is so important when you're planning a wedding and dealing with so many different people & moving parts! A few months prior, he spent over an hour just getting to know us as a couple. We were so happy when we met him in person, because he is just as warm, kind, and genuine in person as he is over email. Pastor Mike took in depth notes at our meeting, and crafted the words for the ceremony less than a week later (which he sent to us for our review beforehand).

We are in our 30's and have been to so many weddings where the same things are said again and again. Pastor Mike instead created a very personalized ceremony with beautiful wording, touches of humor & advice, and a very genuine feel that was true to us as a couple. I have never heard so many guests say how amazing the ceremony was, and how much they loved the Pastor's words. Thank you Pastor Mike for all of your time, hard work, preparation, and our incredible ceremony!

Profile Picture Lyndsey, 8/19/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor Mike played a big role in making our ceremony personal and heart felt. Everyone thought we had known him for years! Our wedding was two weeks ago and people are still telling us how amazing he was. I can't even think of anyone who could do a better ceremony than him. He is very flexible and gives you an outline of what he will say which I found very helpful and comforting. If you are planning a wedding or know someone who is you should use Pastor Mike for the ceremony. You will not regret it!
Thank you again Pastor Mike for everything...even the handkerchief for Jay when he got a little emotional! :)
Mr. & Mrs. Hendricks

Profile Picture Amber, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

The minute we met Pastor Mike we felt like we had known him for years. We had struggled as we didn't have a Church here but we instantly fell in love with Pastor. His genuine interest in preparing an authentic and customized ceremony is unparalleled. He was an absolute pleasure to work with and we would recommend to anyone. He is such a wonderful person who will be the greatest addition to any wedding. We were honored to have him!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mike was such a pleasure to work with. We just felt like hiring him as the person to marry us was so easy and just plain "right." When we first met Mike my husband and I went home and just talked about how great our meeting was and how easy the conversations were. Mike just naturally gives of this father-like vibe where he organically shows couples how much he cares. We loved that about him and knew he was just simply a great man- There really is no better way to put it. Don't look any further because Mike is your guy!! Such a great decision during a very busy time.

Profile Picture User5290202, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor Mike was amazing from the start. He quickly responded to our email and when my husband and I met him, we knew he would be perfect as the officiant for our wedding. He had a list of questions for us and samples of different ceremony readings, vows, and layouts. He made sure to include personal details about the two of us and really tailor the ceremony to what my husband and I had envisioned. He emailed us a complete detailed script of the entire ceremony which really helped. On the day of the rehearsal, he made us feel calm and confident that everything would work out just great and it did! We are so thankful we chose him as our officiant and would recommend him to any couple. He is positive, thorough, and very helpful.

Profile Picture Joanne, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor Mike is absolutely incredible! We skyped with him prior to the wedding since we live in Nashville. Our skype "date" was fun and very comfortable. He asked us lots of questions in order to get to know us. Shortly after meeting Pastor Mike sent us the ceremony so we could check it over and ensure everything was how we envisioned it! We decided to do a rehearsal which we would suggest. Pastor Mike answered all of our questions so we were ready for the big day! On the day of our wedding Pastor Mike arrived early and the park where our ceremony was taking place. He realized the park had music playing over the speakers. He called the city and had someone come to turn the music off ASAP so our ceremony music would not be interrupted. We are so appreciative that he did everything he could to ensure the day went smoothly! WE HIGHLY suggest Pastor Mike!!

Profile Picture Josh & Jordyn, 7/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My wedding was a month ago and people are still talking about how amazing and real Mike's ceremony was! The day we met Mike at a Starbucks, we knew he had to be our officiant and gave him a deposit that day! Mike is very personable and spent time getting to know us to create a ceremony that matched our personalities. The comments he made really described what marriage is like and the advice he gave us during the ceremony was spot on, without being cliche or cheesy. He was also extremely flexible with us. Once we saw a draft of the ceremony, he accepted all of our comments/changes no problem.

In our search for an officiant, I found the pricing of some of Mike's competitors a little ridiculous and frustrating. There were charges for everything under the sun...ceremony types/length, number of readings, attending a rehearsal, etc. Mike made it easy. One price for everything; rehearsal included. Not to mention, he was a much better value than his competitors!

Thank you Mike for making our day so special, we will cherish your words always!!

Profile Picture Alison, 6/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious

My son and daughter in law were living out of state so they first spoke with Pastor Mike through facetime. They immediately felt comfortable with him and grew excited about their upcoming wedding ceremony. He created a beautiful ceremony that was very personalized. It felt as if he had known them for a long time and it made the ceremony feel very intimate. I highly recommend Pastor Mike.

Profile Picture D, 12/26/15, 1 Review