Ceremonies by Dave Reviews

Ceremonies by Dave 7
  • Karlee

Karlee · Married on 04/12/2019

Dave was perfect

We wanted someone who was professional and easy going, with a great sense of humor. Dave was all of that and more! We had a hockey themed wedding and were looking for a non-traditional ceremony where we could add our own touches which he did without hesitation. During our first meeting, he took our scattered story of how we met and what we wanted in life to heart and created a beautiful ceremony. The best part is that he assisted in a puck drop by having a jersey underneath his jacket which is by far our favorite picture of our special day. He made everything comfortable, was helpful in every way and was extremely professional throughout the entire process. 10/10 recommend to anyone who is looking for their perfect wedding.

Sent on 07/18/2019
    Ceremonies by Dave 13
    Ceremonies by Dave 14

Raj · Married on 03/02/2019

Terrific Officiant!

We hired Dave Hughes to be our officiant, and he surpassed our expectations.

Dave was thoughtful, and kind. He worked with us to put together a non-traditional ceremony, and customized every aspect.

Dave is a complete professional in every sense of the word, and any couple would be lucky to work with him.

Raj and Tina Alling

Sent on 03/12/2019

Liz Truong · Married on 02/16/2019

Great wedding thanks to Dave

Dave is the complete package! A consummate professional who is on time, quick to respond to texts and emails, and very organized. He provided multiple template options for our ceremony as we were not sure how to create “our dream”. With his help in customizing the event to our personalities, our guests described the wedding as the best they had ever attended. His flexibility and patience was greatly appreciated along with his sense of humor that made us at ease during the process and ceremony. Dave’s experience shone through in reminding us of licensure dates, timing of events, ceremony length, and other wedding details that we would have missed. Dave made, what can be a stressful decision to hire a wedding officiant, an easy and confident decision.

Sent on 03/29/2019

Stephanie · Married on 02/09/2019

He was wonderful!

Dave hosted our wedding ceremony, and start to finish in the whole process he was great! We didn't quite know where to begin with our vows and he made it so easy for us! He gave us so many customized options and we we're able to piece together exactly how we wanted. He was so friendly and made our ceremony so smooth ! Thank you, Dave!

Sent on 04/05/2019
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 01/26/2019

Dave was fantastic!

Dave was a fantastic officiant for our January wedding! We met once prior to the ceremony and gave him our ideas. He sent over a rough draft very quickly and was open to any feedback we had for him. I really liked that Dave respected our wishes for the ceremony and followed our script exactly. He had great, new ideas that we implemented and loved. I had a last minute idea for the ceremony the day of the wedding and he didn't even flinch to add it! He was early to the ceremony and did an amazing job. I would definitely recommend Dave to anyone looking for an officiant!

Sent on 04/03/2019
    Ceremonies by Dave 15
    Ceremonies by Dave 16

Samuel · Married on 12/09/2018

Professional

Dave was very professional yet personal, ever one remarked on the job he did in a positive manner.

Sent on 12/27/2018
    Ceremonies by Dave 17
    Ceremonies by Dave 18

Daniel Ross Chinski · Married on 11/29/2018

Made it a day I will never forget

David had vows prepared for us and were perfect. we did not have any vows in mind and his were perfect. He arrived at the appointed time, well dressed and performed perfectly. He took the only 2 photos that turned out. Thank you David.

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Adam

Adam Gau · Married on 10/05/2018

Very easy to work with and overall great!

We got married recently in Laveen Arizona and chose Dave as our officiant based on his already great reviews. His prices were very affordable and he was great to work with. Dave was very nice and helpful and quick to answer any questions we had. Dave sent us options for readings in advance so that we could pick what we wanted to be said at our ceremony. He even took the time to get to know us a little before the big day so that he knew what type of ceremony we wanted. (Which wasn’t easy because we live in Iowa). Dave was on time for everything and very professional. Dave helped make our special day perfect! I highly recommend choosing Dave as the officiant for your wedding!

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Tim

Tim · Married on 09/29/2018

Our Special Day

I've known Dave for 10 years and my husband, Jared, has known him for 4+ years. When we got engaged we knew that we wanted Dave to marry us. Regardless of our friendship he was extremely professional and accommodating to any requests we had for him. I actually owe Dave a huge thank you for printing out my vows the night before the wedding and having them with him to hand to me. I left my vows in my dressing room. What a mess that would have been. Thank you Dave for being there for the both of us on our special day.
    Tim and Jared

Sent on 11/12/2018

Ceremonies by Dave's reply:

Thank you, Tim! It was a great honor for me to serve as your officiant. I appreciate the trust you placed in me.

Paloma · Married on 09/22/2018

The Perfect Wedding Officiant!

Dave was an excellent choice for a wedding officiant, and we would recommend him highly to anyone looking for someone. He was super flexible with choice of text for the ceremony, and even helped us figure out much of the details of the ceremony flow. In addition, Dave was very communicative, and would respond to any requests promptly. He also made sure to check in every so often before the wedding date to ensure that everything was still to plan. If you are still looking for an officiant, I would stop your search here and book with Dave!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Sarai Goacher · Married on 09/15/2018

Dave made our wedding a dream come true.

Dave was truly wonderful. He listened to exactly what we wanted. His service was planned out on what we ask for. He was attentive to all our needs and questions and concerns. He checked in with us through the process was always on time. If you want the perfect wedding have Dave do it.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Rose · Married on 05/19/2018

Dave is an excellent officiant. He was very attentive to our requests, he even made a few suggestions that made our day even better.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Kristan · Married on 05/17/2018

Dave was incredibly kind and welcoming from the moment we met with him to discuss the possibility of officiating our ceremony. He was easy to work with and communicated very well. He made our ceremony feel full of love and our family and friends had nothing but kind remarks about him.

Sent on 06/22/2018

Katrina · Married on 05/09/2018

Dave took care of everything in the most professional manner and made our ceremony unforgettable. He was always quick to respond and courteous in our exchanges, I can't thank him enough for the work he did. I appreciate the little stuff he had done for us too, like directing us to wait a little for the music to fade out before starting our vows- it's things like that I hadn't planned yet he stepped in and handled. Thank you so much, Dave! You're the best!

Sent on 06/21/2018

James · Married on 05/03/2018

Dave was amazing! My wife and I were looking for a secular officiant and came across Dave on a google search. From the initial meeting we had, all the way up to the wedding he was very polite, professional, and actually seemed to take an interest in giving us a ceremony that we would love. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Reynaldo · Married on 01/01/2018

Dave made our special day UNFORGETTABLE ! We had a very small and intimate ceremony, Dave's professionalism made our ceremony memorable. If you want the Best experience call DAVE.

Rey

Sent on 02/02/2018

Caitlin · Married on 10/07/2017

We were referred to Dave by another couple who highly recommended him. He was AMAZING. He is so compassionate and kind and immediately set us at ease as soon as we met him all the way until the signing of our marriage license. He kept us informed through the entire process, helped us with our vows, and even has helped me with changing my last name. We even got multiple comments after the ceremony about how professional and engaging Dave was.

I wasn't sure what to expect when hiring a wedding officiant but Dave exceeded any expectation I could have had. Thank you Dave!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Bill · Married on 07/28/2017

I reached out to Dave late one Friday night to inquire as to his availability for a simple courthouse wedding for the following Friday. He responded within minutes and answered all questions We had. From that moment, I knew We knew we had to have a "Ceremony by Dave". He provided the witnesses and met us at the courthouse following our marriage license application. Within minutes we were legally married, just outside the courthouse beneath a shady tree, which is what we wanted. His spouse even took pictures. His vows were exactly what we wanted to hear and his professionalism was outstanding. Thank you Dave for making our Day special!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Samantha · Married on 04/13/2017

Dave was fantastic! I would HIGHLY recommend him for your wedding. When we were searching for an officiant, we were trying to find someone who could add some humor and not make it AS SERIOUS. Also, a shorter ceremony the better for us. We made appointments to meet 3 different officiants and he was the first one. We met Dave at a Starbucks and went over details. The second we walked out of Starbucks we looked at each other and we KNEW we needed him to be our officiant. The process was so easy and he was always so responsive. I could not have asked for someone better to have made our day special!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Christiane and Jennifer · Married on 03/25/2017

AMAZING, professional, charismatic, flexible! Dave and his services are simply indescribably unforgettable. My partner and I contacted Dave inquiring about a simple courthouse ceremony in downtown Phoenix. From the very first email to after the ceremony Dave provided kind and warm communication, providing options, suggestions and made us feel comfortable from the very beginning. He accommodated all of our requests and was flexible and understanding to our occasional date/service changes! We were beyond happy with our special day and Dave played such an important role in our happiness. We had the presence of our best friends to witness the ceremony and he even touched their hearts. Our friends could not stop talking about how beautiful the ceremony was and how much they loved Dave! Thank you Dave!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Geno · Married on 01/27/2017

Absolutely fantastic and 10/5 stars for flexibility and responsiveness. Dave dealt with several last-minute changes from us and was especially accommodating. I thought his vows were beautiful and he just had such a genuine warmth and happiness that he brought, he was a perfect addition to our special day. Super terrific all around, highly recommending this one.

Sent on 02/11/2017

We were looking to have a simple, but meaningful wedding ceremony in our home, with just family and friends. Dave's input was amazing, and he worked with us to come up with the perfect vows and readings that really helped us to have a beautiful ceremony. Dave was highly organized, responsive to all of our questions, and is a true professional. I would highly recommend him to officiate your ceremony.

Sent on 02/13/2017

Jessica · Married on 01/14/2017

Dave was the officiant during our wedding recently and was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was responsive but more importantly proactive in communication which we needed and appreciated. My husband wanted some of his sense of humor incorporated into the ceremony. Dave was able to do that very well and it was a big hit with our guest. Dave was also great at the little things, like working with the photographer to move to the side just in time for our "kiss the bride" moment to be photographed without him in the background. Overall, great experience!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Jessica · Married on 01/14/2017

Sent on 04/05/2017

C · Married on 12/03/2016

Excellent, professional, personable officiant. We wanted simple and "to the point" and Dave delivered with a beautiful, simple, moving ceremony.

Sent on 02/11/2017