Bohemian Red Images Reviews

41 | Indianapolis, IN

41 Reviews for Bohemian Red Images

LOVED working with Katie! She really got to know Mike and I before the wedding so she knew what kind of photos we were looking for on our big day.

Sent on 09/05/2014

Michael · Married on 06/14/2014

Katie did an excellent job with our wedding. As a groom, it is most important to keep your new bride happy and have people help make sure the wedding goes smooth. Katie did just that. She met with us a couple times before the wedding to discuss ideas and get to know us. She asked great questions and offered ideas. In the hours leading up to the wedding, we had no worries about where she would be or what was happening because the schedule was all planned out in advance. She planned out the "first look" photo and made it a breath taking event. She helped coordinate the whole family for photos and was always catching great shots, but not being intrusive at all. She did a great job at the reception as well by floating around and taking great shots. We would definitely use her again and were very pleased.

Sent on 01/05/2015

Abby · Married on 10/25/2013

Katie was awesome as our wedding photographer! As a photographer myself, I had a hard time finding one I thought was up to par and that I could trust to capture our day in a unique way that represented us. She was always there to guide us and help us with our poses, she was on time and most importantly, we LOVED the images we got back! We couldn't be happier to have had Katie as our photographer!

Sent on 01/12/2014

Anne · Married on 10/19/2013

Katie did an excellent job with our pictures. The whole experience was great, from start to finish. She did a great job listening to what we wanted captured throughout our wedding. I can't imagine having worked with another photographer. I would definitely recommend her to anyone else who is looking for a wedding photographer. I hope to be able to use her on the future :)

Sent on 12/16/2013

perry · Married on 09/28/2013

just amazing to work with
    great team - very professional
    great eye for candid shots and different than the normal wedding fodder.

Highly recommended, and I am the father of the bride!!

Have already recommended to two close friends.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Samantha · Married on 09/27/2013

Katie and her team were such a treat! Always responsive and on time which was a relief and not something we can say about all of our wedding vendors. We are a couple who shies away from any camera, but knew we wanted great photos from our wedding. Katie instantly put us at ease and was as close to a miracle worker as they come. She was also flexible with our nontraditional wedding schedule. We are incredibly happy with our photos and highly recommend her to any couple looking for timeless photographs.

Sent on 02/13/2014

Stephanie · Married on 07/14/2013

Several people at our event commented on your professionalism and fun. The fun part is really important. We really enjoyed you, love our pictures and have already recommended you :)

Sent on 12/16/2013

Brittany · Married on 06/15/2013

Katie has a great personality! She made me relaxed and laughing! I wanted to have her as our wedding photographer because she was able to capture the genuine moments of our happiness. I also like her purpose of recreating the wedding day story by capturing candid shots throughout the entire wedding day.

Sent on 12/17/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/17/2013

I was married overseas and was only having a reception in my home state of Indiana. Regardless, I knew from the start that there was only one photography company I wanted to take photos of my celebration. If the website for Bohemian Red Images does not sell you, the kindness and professionalism of the photography team should.
    The head photographer and owner, Katie, will give you an extremely personal approach. She will go in to your special day knowing exactly what you want, allowing you to help write your own nights timeline so her work doesn't interfere with your night, and so you know what to expect to keep you organized and less stressed.
    Our day started off with rain...and we were on a farm. Nevertheless, Kate and her second shooter braved the drizzle to get some adorable first look shots of my husband and I. Nothing felt forced and for the remainder of the night, I barely knew the photography team was there. I have been to some weddings where its hard to enjoy the action because the photographer is always in the way. Not with BRI.

Our initial wedding was in Cairo, Egypt, the day before the protests broke out. We have nothing from our actual wedding as almost everything was cancelled due to safety concerns. I could not wait to see my final shots and I was overwhelmed with joy. It was everything I wanted, and more. As we currently live overseas, we aren't sure when the next time we will be back to the states. Kate and her team with Bohemian Red Images captured so many beautiful and classic photographs of my friends and family that I will forever cherish. She made my night look like a magazine editorial, and was a complete joy to work with from inception to her extremely fast turn around time on the edited photographs.

I knew from the start that I wanted this team to photograph my reception and it is one decision that I will never forget!

Sent on 06/22/2013

Alexis · Married on 09/30/2012

Katie is a total pro! I live in Brooklyn, NY and was planning my wedding in Indianapolis. It was pretty stressful to plan everything remotely but Katie made finding the photographer the easiest part of the process! I tell all my friends that I knew within 5 minutes of looking at Katie's website that I had to have her as our wedding photographer. I picked Bohemian Red Images before I even picked my wedding dress! Katie and her team were so incredible on the wedding day itself. They made me feel beautiful and really special. They were so easy to work with and were able to wrangle all of our crazy family members into standing still for beautiful shots. I would gladly use Bohemian Red Images again and would recommend Katie and her team in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/01/2013

Catherine · Married on 09/29/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Bohemian Red Images! Katie was wonderful to work with. I am so glad that we hired her. Yes, photography is an expensive component of the wedding budget, but really, the photos are something you will look at for years to come. Katie did our engagement photos in our neighborhood, which was awesome. Our wedding photos were taken in downtown Indianapolis. She and her assistant captured so much of our wedding day, including things that I never would have seen otherwise. It was worth every penny to see the photo of the look on my husband's face as I walked down the aisle! In addition to the shots of us, our families and our bridal party, Katie detailed all of the little things of the day. She also got some really fun shots of our friends and families at the reception. Her personality is professional yet very fun. She even managed to coax a smile out of our tired, three year old flower girl!

Sent on 01/26/2013

Joel · Married on 07/22/2012

Katie did a wonderful job shooting our wedding. We have really enjoyed looking at the photos. She worked well with us and our families, helping us to feel comfortable.

Sent on 09/21/2012

Aaron · Married on 07/21/2012

After looking through about a million other photographers my fiance (now wife) landed on Kate's website. It took us only a couple minutes to realize that the quality of photography was incredible.

We got together with Kate to do our engagement photo's and I figured I would be bored but it was a ton of fun. Mostly because Kate was being so outgoing and interactive. Her shots came out better than we had even hoped for, I was really impressed.

Ok now the wedding... Kate relieved so much pressure and made the pictures so much fun. I have sat through a ton of wedding photo sessions and been bored out of my mind but with the way that Kate interacted and incoporated everyone I dont think I could have had more fun. She was flexible and was so excited that entire day. I am so thankful that we chose to use her, she delivered beyond my expectations.

Use her, you wont regret it.

Sent on 08/08/2012

Hiring Bohemian Red Images for our special day was one of the best wedding planning decisions we made. Katie and her assistants were professionals but also knew how to have fun with their work. They captured our wedding beautifully. I have already recommended BRI to friends.

Sent on 04/08/2013

Chelsey · Married on 01/21/2012

Katie is the most talented photographer we have ever met. Our engagement photos were fun, unique, and beautiful. Friends and family all requested copies of these and ordered them to frame at home. They're truly inspired.

On the day of our wedding, Katie and her crew were incredible to work with. They recognized that this was OUR day and they took photographs to capture the moments, decorations, and elements that made the day ours.

We received a "peak" at more than 100 photographs just one week after our wedding so we could relive the day when we returned from our honeymoon. We're looking so forward to receiving them all, but with just the small peek, my mom already said, "I have all I could have ever wanted here, I don't know how I'm going to choose when we see them all."

I look at the photos ALL the time and relive the day as I look at them. The expressions on people's faces and the moments that we couldn't see as we were busy all day, were amazing to note. We couldn't be happier with what we have and we couldn't imagine having had another photographer.

Sent on 02/10/2012

Alayna · Married on 12/30/2011

Katie was absolutely amazing! She was very thorough; got to know me personally to help determine what I really wanted. Prior to the wedding she sent me a survey of sorts to fill out that she knew exactly who I wanted pictures with and who I did not. She is extremely prompt and responded within hours (sometimes minutes!) to any email I sent her. The atmosphere she creates is wonderful! Not only is she an experienced professional, she is funny and relaxed, so much that my normally anti-photo husband had very few complaints at having to be photographed all night! She definitely played a significant part in making my wedding day spectacular.

Sent on 03/04/2012

Jenny · Married on 08/27/2011

Katie did such an amazing job! I still look at our pictures at least once a week and still can't choose images to make an album because I want to put all of them in the album. She captured EVERYTHING we wanted and more. By looking at our pictures, we feel like we're right back in the day. Every time we view them together, we think of a new story to share or enjoy reliving that special day. She also is on top of the game with all of the vendors! She did so much in preparation for our wedding day. She makes you feel like your wedding is the most important day in the world. She's also a blast to be with! All of my girls and I had fun having her there getting ready with us. She's gutsy and will stand in the middle of the street to get the photo you really want. And the promptness is so awesome! We were able to view so many pictures before we even left for our honeymoon! It was the perfect topper to our weekend...We hope Katie stays around the Indy area as we look forward to having her capture more moments in our lives as our family grows. Simply put, one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding was to hire her. Not only will you not be disappointed, you will be AMAZED with her work. You will walk away from your wedding day with pictures capturing your emotions. It's really amazing.

Sent on 12/12/2011

Karla · Married on 07/09/2011

Katie and her crew were fabulous! Our engagement pictures, wedding pictures, and album were gorgeous and all of her people were great with the big wedding party we had. I would recommend Katie to any and everyone. Her creativity is without bounds and her energy is contagious.

Sent on 01/18/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 07/01/2011

Katie (Bohemian Red) was recommended by a colleague. We were attempting to plan our wedding in under three months and he thought that Bohemian Red might be just what we were looking for. He could not have been more correct. Katie not only listened to us, she also understood our hopes and needs. I truly believe she captured the soul of our wedding - not something I would say lightly. As a particularly unsentimental person, I am surprised how often I spend time looking at our photos. They perfectly conjure up the magic of our day and bring back so much love and emotion.

Tactially, Katie was a consummate professional. This is my second wedding and my husband's first. With a step-daughter and ex-husband in the mix, we were a bit concerned about the family dynamic and photo arrangements. Katie treated everyone with the utmost gentleness and respect - capturing what we needed and what our extended and mixed family expected. So many of our guests and family members have commented on what a wonderful person and photographer she was.

Tactically, we arranged everything by email and phone since she was in IN and we are in Chicago. She always made sure to call to confirm details, including a quick call the day before to calm my nerves. It was minimally time consuming and very organized. As for cost, I still can't believe what a bargain it was for her skill set and the number of photos. We even had a photo booth (which I would highly recommend - hilarious) and the cost was STILL very affordable.

Katie and her assistant arrived very early and made sure to check out the entire site, leading to some beautiful photos of our unique setting. My one and only critique would be of her assistant. His skill set was far below Katie's. He was pleasant but seemed to be somewhat in her way, at times.

Let me wrap up this saccharin, but honest, review by saying that you simply cannot go wrong by hiring Katie. If you want stiff, lifeless photos, then this is not for you. But if you are looking for someone to capture the joy, movement and spirit of your special occasion, you need to contact Bohemian Red.

Sent on 12/21/2011

Tony · Married on 03/05/2011

With style and substance Bohemian Red Images captured all of the magic moments on our wedding day. With professionalism and reliability, Katie made my wife and I feel comfortable from the day we met her. Without doubt, we would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone we know. We do so regularly. It's pretty cool to have people comment that "When I get married, I want your same photographer." I think that says it all.

Sent on 01/01/2012
  • W

Wesley · Married on 02/12/2011

Being a guy I wasn't to excited about a photo shoot. Once Katie got rolling with the camera though, she made me feel very relaxed and at ease. I actually had a lot of fun while she was shooting. At the same time she was always professional and seemed to never miss a beat. Her creativity and style really suited us and I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 01/07/2012

Erin · Married on 11/06/2010

Ridiculously good!

Sent on 02/03/2011

Kristin · Married on 08/28/2010

Katie Basbagill is a very talented photographer! She was a joy to work with and she made our destination wedding so special. She is energetic, fun, creative and she captured our wedding perfectly. She became our "go to" photographer for all special events in our lives and she also became our friend.

Sent on 12/12/2011

Danirlle · Married on 05/30/2010

All services were great. She listened to our vision but also had her own creative touches. She was a true pleasure. I highly recommend.

Sent on 01/01/2012

Kristin · Married on 04/21/2010

Katie is a creative genius with her pictures! An artist...I truly truly love her pictures and there is no one else I would rather have taking pictures for me to keep for a lifetime!

Sent on 01/11/2012