beyond the well | WEDDINGS Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner
    Chris Married on 07/25/2015
    The photographers at beyond the well were very creative, and open to our requests. They were also patient with our large bridal party. We have the sneak peak pictures currently and are already impressed with the quality, and our anxiously awaiting the final product.
    Molly Married on 07/25/2015
    Karen and Nathan captured the joy and love of our wedding day through their photography. We gave them a list of photo ideas and they made them come to life. They were organized with the schedule of photos that needed to happen and patient with our family and friends involved. I appreciated their professional, yet fun loving personalities. They have an eye for artistic backdrops and give good directions. We had a sneak peek of photos within a few weeks and our full album in a month and a half. Karen was quick with email communication. I will forever be grateful to Karen and Nathan for providing us with photos as beautiful as the memories of our day!
  • User1274716 2+ years ago
    Nate and Karen from beyond the well are absolutely wonderful photographers! They are extremely flexible and came up to the Chicago area for my wedding for no additional cost. They also stayed an extra hour on the spot without hesitation! The pictures that they took are amazing!
    Morgan Married on 10/23/2010
    Nate and Karen were by far the best vendors at our wedding! They are fun to work with and somehow they are there every time you turn your back capture every moment of your evening. My husband and I are extremely excited to see our pictures!!!
    Deanna Married on 10/03/2009
    Nate & Karen are great! They're young & hip husband and wife team. Really artsy so if you are into really traditional posed family shots (which I totally am not) they are not for you, they are all about the candids and unique portrait shots with awesome lighting & angles. Check out their website & their facebook page, they are always updating adding their most recent wedding/engagement pics. I love that you get your images online & in a really cool yearbook style proof book that is yours to keep!!! Highly recommend :)
    Melissa Married on 06/06/2009
    Karen and Nate were our absolute favorite wedding vendor. They are extremely professional, yet fun and easy to joke around with and have a good time on the day of your wedding. It is very encouraging to see a married couple not only get a long so well while working together but to also bounce and somehow come up with the most beautiful and creative shots. They were a blast to work with and would recommend them to anyone who wants true quality photos from their day!
    Sue Married on 05/23/2009
    We used Nathan & Karen for our wedding and absolutely loved the way all of our pictures turned out! Pictures look like they should have come out of a magazine. Supremely artistic talent, professional, and very nice people; all at a very reasonable cost. We purchased the all-digital package and couldn't be happier. Check out their website gallery -- that's how we made our decision to hire them. Would recommend them a thousand times over, you won't be disappointed!
    Kate Married on 06/21/2008
    Nate and Karen were the best vendors at my wedding, hands down. All I heard after the wedding was that they were "everywhere" and I can't wait to see the pictures! They are nice, easy to work with, incredibly creative and upfront... not to mention two for the price of one, what more could you ask for?

Book these guys (and do it early, they fill up fast) and you'll be amazed and happy!
    Jennifer Married on 07/28/2007
    Karen and Nate take beautiful pictures. We loved the photojournalistic/modern style and they certainly delivered! We had a smaller wedding and they blended in with our guests so well I barely knew they were there, except for the gorgeous photos we ended up with! They were very unobtrusive and highly professional. I would recommend them to anyone, absolutely gorgeous work!
    Jewelia Married on 07/14/2007
    They were AMAZING, I wish I could get married again just so I could re-hire them. They really accomplished to capture the essence of the moment with many artsy candid shots. Their price was amazing because you receive a book of proofs , a dvd of proofs, and two photographers. They are kind, polite, and fun people, were on time and willing to travel. 100% recommended.
    Angela Married on 12/16/2006
    They are a little more pricey now than when they did our wedding, but totally worth it! You will be abosolutely thrilled with your photos! I wanted to hire someone creative that I could trust to do a fantastic job with minimal involvement for me! Nate and Karen were professional, creative, and invisible to everyone as they captured our special day! We weren't really into traditional shots, which is why we picked them. The candids are all fantastic and all of my guests comented on how they were unnoticable while taking the pictures. They picts are fantastic and we are so happy with the decisions they made. I also suggest paying the extra money to get all your pictures in color and in black and white! I can assure you that if you go with these photographers, you will have nothing but sweet memories about your special day!
    Ashley Married on 10/20/2012
    Karen and Nate Bridges (Beyond the Well) were our wedding photographers for our Bloomington, IL wedding on 10/20/12. Karen & Nate also took our engagement photos and created a wedding guest book with engagement photos. I could not be more impressed with Karen & Nate. Their talent really just blows me away. On top of that, they are professional, funny, fun to be around, friendly, and great at what they do. They make picture taking an enjoyable experience (even for my husband who is really camera-shy). They help with the poses just enough that it feels natural and not forced. That was one of my biggest concerns. As a bride, you want to look good and want flattering photos but want them to look natural as well. All day from getting ready and getting dressed Karen was there (& Nate with the groomsmen) and it's almost as if they aren't there. Their getting ready photos aren't posed and you never hear someone shout out "Smile!!!" when you are enjoying a moment with your family & friends. They capture every little detail almost without you knowing. Now that I've seen our engagement photos and our wedding sneak peek, I can't say anything but great things about Karen & Nate. You would not be disappointed with these two being a part of your day.
  • User956390 2+ years ago
    Karen and Nathan are talented and friendly. We booked them for our engagement and wedding photos. I was very pleased with our engagement photos, but was, in general, disappointed with our wedding photos. Be sure to tell them what photos you want; we felt we were missing some that we would've liked to have had (our program, our limo, guests at their seats). Also, I felt that some of the shots were framed in a strange way and I found myself asking, "Is that the best photo they could take?"