67 Reviews for Bernadette Pollard

High-Res Images (3)
One Event/Day (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Slideshow (1)

When searching for a photographer for our wedding Bernadette's photos were one of only a few that caught our eye. They were not posed but rather special moments and relationships that were captured. In delving further into her work we were impressed with her dedication to her craft and pride in her work. She not only takes amazing photos but also does all of her own editing and does weddings exclusively.
You cannot talk about Bernadette's work without also talking about her as a person. In our first meeting with her it was like sitting with a familiar friend. We were in an interesting situation and she went above and beyond for us. Eric and I got engaged on July 9, 2017 and shortly thereafter my dad's aggressive brain cancer returned so we decided not to wait and set a date of October 20, 2017. Bernadette offered suggestions that helped lighten our load which was very welcome given our circumstances and limited time for planning. She not only helped us with a suggestion for a "day-of time line" (which is something we didn't know we needed to develop) but also helped us find an amazing florist.
One of the things Bernadette told us to consider was that you spend a lot of time with your photographer on your wedding day and you want someone with whom you are comfortable. Bernadette and Kim were so great! They were able to let the day unfold and capture it's true essence rather than make it feel like a photo shoot. We truly enjoyed having them there and so did our family and guests!
When we received our initial "sneak peek" images we were speechless. Looking at the pictures made it feel like we were reliving every moment of this perfect day together. We could not have asked for a better gift than having the story of the day we got married captured in such beautiful photos by such a wonderful duo.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bernadette was an awesome photographer my husband and I were impressed by her from the day we first her. We interviewed quite a few photographers and kept coming back to her. She was great to work with, has a wonderful "vibrant" personality, and had some awesome ideas for the wedding day. Even though it rained on our special day, she didn't let it ruin anything and kept us on track, had several alternate ideas to get great pictures in the mist of the clouds! The prep work before the wedding day was great, having us fill out a list of who we wanted pictures of, and in what combination, (so important with a blended family) to ensure that no one got missed. Days before the wedding, she even scouted out an outside location near our venue to have our to make sure that we would have as many options as possible. Everyone has been talking about the beautiful pictures that we got from the wedding and we will cherish our photos for many years to come. She is the best, and worth every penny! she helped make my wedding day one of the best days of my life! I would definitely recommend her to a friend!

Profile Picture Burgundi, 8/27/17, 2 Reviews

GROOMS PERSPECTIVE:
First meeting her:
We first met Bernadette face to face in her hip/cool studio in NE Minneapolis. She was extremely friendly, and a one hour "get to know you" meeting turned into a two-two and a half hour greeting session. She is an extrovert that has plenty of professional experience photographing pretty much every type of wedding known to man. My wife and I got married on New Years Eve and she showed us pictures of a bunch of winter weddings she has done. She offered us advice to meet with other photographers and was a "no-rush-no-pressure" type. In order to guarantee that we book her, we put down 50% deposit. We booked about 8 months in advance for our NYE wedding.
Professionalism:
We chose the package which also had her take our engagement photos. They turned out insanely good, the lighting, the accents were incredible (and I'm not a huge guy on pictures, but these turned out awesome). She is very advanced with adobe and great at editing photos because at the time, I had a few battle wounds from softball that she managed to make look normal. Prior to the wedding (about a week before'ish), we had a video chat with Bernandette, and walked through the game plan with her. She offered loads of advice on helping us plan our "timing of wedding festivities" schedule, as we were unsure about how long certain pictures/things would take. She offered us advice on what pictures people actually hang up in their house and how its not necessary to take pictures with your "so-and-so" extended family member. We valued her advice and she was awesome at keeping people in line during pictures (okay now groom and immediate family, thirty seconds later, okay next is so and so). She kept us moving along the whole night so we didn't manage to forget to do anything that we wanted to do.
Conclusion:
BOOK HER - SHE WAS AMAZING! WORTH EVERY DOLLAR AND SHE WAS SO MUCH FUN GETTING TO KNOW!

Profile Picture Chris, 12/31/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

Wow! I don't even know where to start with describing the service Bernadette provided us for photography. She was absolutely amazing. I am waiting on my wedding photos but after seeing her product with our engagement photos, I know I will not be disappointed. Her style and ideas match perfectly to what I wanted for my pictures. She made taking the photos so much fun and everyone had a smile on their face. I wanted to have two photographers on my big day to help capture all the great moments that woudl happen and she was amazing enough to bring not just one assistant but two! I can't wait to see all the photos these ladies captured. We are dying to see our photos and relive the big day by enjoying them and I know we won't have any regrets choosing Bernadette. She was very easy to work with and made it feel like we have been friends for a long time. I highly recommend any couple to book Bernadette as I know you will not be disappointed. Thanks Bernadette, you are amazing and we truly appreciate you capturing our big day.

Profile Picture Colleen, 9/17/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

I wanted to say Thank You to Bernadette and her assistant for the amazing wedding photography experience. She was the number one choice to photograph our Washington wedding after I had seen her work from a friends wedding years before. Bernadette is the best out there. Her attention to detail and knowledge of how to make things work was so greatly appreciated. She has got such an eye for wedding photography, so you don't have to worry about a thing. She even had a timeline for the day!
I was super nervous going into it because I hate having my picture taken, and being the center of attention really freaks me out, so I was grateful she was willing to go with the flow of a low key planned wedding. The wedding details probably seemed weirdly put together, but the pictures make it seem like every single detail was thought out and perfectly put together. It's great!! We still find ourselves looking at the photos monthly. My favorite feeling is being able to relive the day through our photos.
Thank you very much!
-Chelsey and Tony

Profile Picture Chelsey, 8/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernadette is the best. Seriously. My wife and I made a deliberate choice to prioritize our family and friends throughout the wedding. Bernadette and her team captured the magic and joy of these important people in our lives and for that we are utterly grateful.

We had Bernadette shoot our engagement photos, two days of wedding photos, as well as our photobooth during the main evening reception. As you can tell, photography was a big part of our wedding and was really important to our families. Needless to say, all of the photos turned out beautifully and are something we will always treasure. We received more than 1,200 digital photos from Bernadette and have repeatedly gone through the entire collection whenever we are with our families.

Bernadette was very easy to communicate with, both about technical aspects the wedding day (timing, locations, family portrait order), as well as more artistic aspects of the shots. On the day of the wedding, Bernadette was incredibly professional and knew how to get all of the shots done, despite the craziness and unexpected events that popped up. Most importantly, she made all of our families and guests feel at ease, which made it so easy for my wife and I to relax and have fun during our special day.

After the wedding, the turnaround for receiving the photos was very fast and Bernadette made it simple to access everything online. None of the photos have watermarks or logos - they are clean, crisp and beautiful photographs without any of the noise you might find elsewhere.

Bernadette is our MVP and we highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Mayank, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Bernadette was absolutely the perfect photographer for our wedding! The first time my husband and I met her, it felt like a friendly visit and we were all so comfortable with one another. It was such a relaxing and promising environment that we knew we couldn't go wrong with Bernadette as our photographer. We really liked the fact that she had a second photographer with her so we could capture even more from our special day. Bernadette was not only friendly, but outgoing and professional in a relaxed manner. Bernadette worked with us and made the day perfect by being flexible with our tight schedule and limited time for photos. She made really both of our visions for our wedding come true. I would definitely recommend her and her team!

Profile Picture User4357557, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

I was first recommended to Bernadette by a friend who got married Summer 2014. She was one of three photographers I was really interested in, and after meeting with her I knew she was "the one"! Going in to my wedding planning, I knew photography was one category I was willing to allocate a large part of my budget to. Bernadette was organized from the very beginning and her online questionnaire interface is very easy to use and to edit as the wedding plans develop. I never once had any doubt about her ability to take charge the day-of. We had a large (and rambunctious!) wedding party and Bernadette and her assistant handled them expertly. As every bride will say, the day goes by in a quick blur, and it was comforting to know that she was there to document the little details that I would not be able to notice the day of. The quick turn-around was a bonus and the photos were everything I had dreamed of and more. I cannot recommend Bernadette and her team enough!!

Profile Picture Sara, 8/21/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bernadette was an amazing choice for our wedding photographer! We knew she was the perfect fit for us from the minute we met her and had our initial consultation. She made us feel at ease right away, she walked us through the entire process leading up to the wedding, and on the wedding day she was professional, prompt, but also lots of fun! She shoots with another photographer, so she was able to capture multiple images that really highlighted those fabulous candid moments. I would recommend Bernadette to anyone seeking a highly skilled photographer with a great personality that captures absolutely beautiful images!

Profile Picture Patricia, 8/16/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Digital Files, Prints

Bernadette was just what we were looking for in a photographer for our wedding- from personality to style. We loved that she has a 2nd photographer to help capture moments from different angles and views. She is very professional in her relationship with clients & while photographing the event, yet she is fun, outgoing, & it is obvious she enjoys what she is doing! We also like that she was so willing to be flexible & work with our budget. That was a definite plus & we appreciate it so we could have the kind of photos we wanted to capture our special day. We would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Mandy, 6/27/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bernadette was extremely easy to work with. With all of the overwhelming details involved with planning a wedding, photography was one thing I never had to worry about because Bernadette was always one step ahead. Not only was she a great and artistic photographer, but her business has been very thoughtfully and professionally put together. Since she has so much experience with weddings, she knows everything that needs to be anticipated and is a creative problem-solver when unanticipated things come up. The photographs were beautiful. She did a great job getting my husband and I comfortable to be photographed (neither of us like to pose for pictures). She was delightful to be around, and did a great job keeping everyone at ease. It felt like she was just another guest at my wedding. I am so glad we decided to work with Bernadette and would recommend without hesitation to any bride!

Profile Picture User5608446, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

My husband and I were absolutely delighted with every aspect of working with Bernadette and have already highly recommended her to friends of ours who are getting married soon.

The photographs were flawless. We had high expectations and once we saw the final product, we were blown away - they were better than we could have ever imagined. The day I uploaded them to Facebook, over a dozen guests independently decided to make their profile photo be photographs she took of them. What's more, the photos she took helped us get our wedding featured in several wedding publications.

Over and above all of that, she was beyond a joy to work with. Of all of the vendors, she was the only one that was not only not even a little stressful to work with - she actually was this amazingly calming presence - one that is so needed during wedding insanity! After the wedding, friends of ours were coming up to us telling us how much they enjoyed chatting with her and how impressed they were by her demeanor and personality.

Bernadette is a super talented and magnetic person, and we're so glad she was our photographer.

Profile Picture Dorothy, 4/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files

Bernadette takes amazing photographs, which is why we wanted to work with her. The fact that she's delightful, easy to work with, charming, and professional was icing on the cake. Both she and Kimberly fit right in on our wedding day. They selected amazing locations, they made everyone feel comfortable, they took all the photographs we requested, and they perfectly captured every moment. We love our photographs. Thank you, Bernadette!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 1/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernadette was amazing. She made my fiance and I feel so comfortable during our engagement photo shoot and had amazing ideas. She listen to our ideas about what we wanted and not only captured those, but shots and locations that we didn't even expect. Her turnaround time was amazing we had all the photos within four days. She even braved a 14 degree very cold Minneapolis Day and was amazing the whole time without a complaint about the cold. She even flawlessly worked with our year old puppy, who wasn't the most cooperative for the entire shoot! I can't sing her praises enough and would be happy to work with her again and again and again

Profile Picture Emily, 11/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernadette was fantastic to work with! She made both of us feel comfortable during our engagement shoot and wedding photos. Open to our ideas along with coming up with creative/fun ideas herself. Very passionate and talented. We are in love with our photos! I would recommend Bernadette and her team.

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Everything was great I just feel like we paid a lot for what the total value of the product itself was

Profile Picture User4881872, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernadette was fantastic to work with. She was responsive and enthusiastic about my ideas for the day and offered up great professional suggestions that I wouldn't have known to think about. My photos are gorgeous - everyone who sees them is impressed by the quality of the image and beauty captured. We received a personalized package soon after our wedding day with everything we need to order prints and share with family and friends. Bernadette has class and style - we couldn't have had a better photographer!

Profile Picture Noelle, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We loved working with Bernadette for our wedding. She replied promptly to my inquiry, and was so enthusiastic about meeting with us! We immediately felt very welcome and at ease, and got super excited about working with her. She answered all our questions (note: raw files and substantial back ups!). Like all brides, I was surprised how much photography would cost; BUT upon meeting with her, I immediately felt that This. Was. Worth. It. (Spoiler alert, it totally was.)

Leading up to the big day, she worked with me to come up with the day-of timeline, and asked thoughtful questions about our party to figure out how to make everyone comfortable and looking their best. On the day of the wedding, B and her assistant were so fun to work with. I secretly want to hang out with her IRL. This is extremely important, brides - you will be with them all day. She kept things moving without rushing. When I had an escort card snafu 15 mins before the ceremony, B calmly offered to call her dad who she assured me would be more than happy to help out. I mean...adorable. And so nice and helpful!

She made sure we snuck out of the reception to get some pictures at sunset quick - which were beautiful. On top of that, B & her assistant were both so kind to our littlest guests - we have a pack of somewhat highly strung relatives who happened to be seated at the table next to theirs (whoops), and they were so sweet with the kids - during probably the only 20 minutes they sat down all day. We got tons of compliments on our photogs & pictures!

The pictures themselves are amazing. Everyone looks great, and there are so many fun, candid moments caught on film. We got them in a very timely manner, especially considering how beautiful the images are and the post-prod work that must have gone into them. If you want to have gorgeous pictures, an effortless vendor experience, and a super fun day, hire Bernadette now!

PS Seriously, Bernadette, if you ever want to hang...let me know :)

Profile Picture Diana, 10/4/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Great work! Professional. Passionate. Quality talent. I recommend Bernadette and her team.

Profile Picture Alisha, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernadette and Kim were absolutely wonderful to work with. The photos that we received were exactly what we were looking for. She knows how to get the pictures we had planned for without any fuss, confusion or worry on or end. The entire wedding group thought the picture taking experience was quick and enjoyable! We would highly recommend Bernadette to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Steven, 9/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernadette was absolutely fabulous from start to finish in the process. She's a lot of fun, has a great personality, and really knows how to get a couple to open up for some fabulous photos.

Logistically, she has a great questionnaire to ensure all of the pictures you want taken are taken. Additional, her and her assistant who were on site the day of our wedding had a wireless set to communicate with each other that really made all of the coordination seamless.

I'd highly recommend her to anyone considering a wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Amy, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were planning a wedding remotely to be held in St. Paul and found Bernadette online. Our event was small and we were looking for a photographer who could capture our relationship and the personality of our guests, while blending into the mix of our friends and family. Bernadette and her second shooter were perfect for this! Bernadette listened to what we were going for as far as the ceremony and desired photos, and was very flexible to meet our needs.

The final products were sharp and beautiful and arrived on-time, and we ended up with a lot of great photojournalistic shots of the ceremony and preparations as they happened. Bernadette was professional and responsive throughout the planning process and day of, and she was very thoughtful in sending several 'thinking of you' notes in the mail beforehand.

Would strongly recommend Bernadette for your wedding photography!

Profile Picture Eric, 8/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernadette was terrific wedding photographer. We met with three other photographers but her photos and engaging personality were the best. She worked with our time frame, she was great managing my huge family for posed shots, she sent us amazing little presents in the mail (honey and chocolates; some prints), and, critically, we just love our wedding photos. Love them.

She has great packages, she works with a great second shooter for the whole time, she doesn't put watermarks on the photos, we can do whatever we want with them (families and friends can download photos from the website, and she sent us a lovely little box with a thumb drive with all the images on it). We had a kind of nutty idea for our first look/couple/wedding party photos and she embraced it and did an incredible job. She helped us figure out the wedding day schedule, which was really helpful. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thanks Bernadette!

Profile Picture Anne, 8/9/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bernadette was an amazing photographer! She was fun to work with, very dependable and produced a lot of great photos. I would highly recommend her to any brides looking for a wedding photographer. Her services were a bit expensive (in my opinion), but worth every dime. One of the things I appreciated most about Bernadette was how organized she was.

Profile Picture Tonya, 8/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernadette was wonderful to work with. She took amazing pictures for both our engagement photos as well as our wedding. Extremely happy with everything!!

Profile Picture Jake, 7/26/14, 1 Review