33 Reviews for Bella Luna Cakes & Confections

Custom Design (2)
Delivery (2)
Setup (2)
Private Tastings (2)

Christina was one of the best parts of our wedding. She created our official wedding cake and our groom's cake and copied our vision to a T! She's extremely flexible and responsive and talented. I would recommend Christina to everyone. We couldn't hear enough about how beautiful and delicious her cakes were. Great prices as well! Thank you, Christina!

Profile Picture Nina, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

At our first meeting, when I described to Christina the look I wanted, she immediately "got it" and was on board. Several months before the wedding, co-workers surprised me with a "shower" cake from Christina that was a single layer mockup of my wedding cake, and I knew the moment I saw it that I had made the right decision!

Our wedding cake was exactly was exactly what I wanted, the perfect mix of classic and modern, with the mixed metallic look that I incorporated into many aspects of our ceremony and reception. To top it all off, the cake was amazingly delicious! Our guests had the option of Almond Amaretto, Chocolate Raspberry, or Buckeye, all of which were fantastic. :-)

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Working with Christina at Bella Luna was amazing. We met at a Panera and she brought her portfolio of her work as well as samples (all were delicious) where we discussed what my husband and I were envisioning for our wedding. Christina was very receptive and had great suggestions. We did a cutting cake and cupcakes with a flower detail and everything was perfect (the first layer cutting cake was free with the purchase of the cupcakes). She displayed the cutting cake and cupcakes on a stand that made it look like a standard wedding cake which we thought was very pretty and our guests raved! We were so pleased with Bella Luna and with what she created for our big day! We strongly recommend to anyone.

Profile Picture Taylor, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Christina from Bella Luna did an AMAZING job making our cake vision come to life!!! Not only did the cake look absolutely stunning, but it was moist and delicious as well. We had almost no cake left between the main big cake and two smaller sheet cakes of different flavors. All the flavors were a hit and my guests loved them!! I would definitely hire her again!!!!

Profile Picture Julie, 9/3/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I would highly recommend Bella Luna Cakes. Not only did my cake look beautiful, but it also tasted great! I showed Christina a pinterest inspiration, and she re-created the cake. It was always easy to reach her by e-mail or text. She was very warm, kind, and professional! You won’t be disappointed.

Profile Picture Vera, 9/3/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Top knotch professionals who truly care about making your special day unforgettable. The cake was beautiful and delicious. We didn't have to weekly about a thing, except eating a lot of food cake.?? Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Janelle, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Christina was so easy to work with and came prepared to create whatever we wanted! Her cakes are to die for!!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved working with Christina at Bella Luna for our wedding. She was flexible and was always quick to respond. My parents wanted to come to a tasting when they were visiting from out of town and she went out of her way to accommodate us. Her cakes are delicious-- we had a hard time choosing flavors because we loved them all! I was looking for a cake with frosting that wasn't over the top sugary, and her buttercream frosting was perfect! Our cake turned out beautiful and I haven't seen a single cake that she has made that hasn't looked amazing.

Profile Picture Emily, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Bella Luna cakes was wonderful to work with and her cakes were delicious! She met with us twice to make sure we loved the design and were comfortable with our wedding cake and groom's cake. She did a great job and we got many compliments on how beautiful the cakes were!

Profile Picture User6047096, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Groom's Cake

Christina Jones of Bella Luna Cakes and Confections is the consummate professional. As soon as my daughter had her tasting with Christina (who provided multiple samples of cakes and icings), the decision was made! Christina is very creative, personable and and was extremely patient with all of the changes I made in the order. The wedding cake I ordered had a Scrabble theme and Christina also made cookies that looked like Scrabble tiles. The cake and cookies were perfect and were delicious, the best cake and cookies I have ever had. I have since ordered two birthday cakes from Christina and she does not disappoint!

Profile Picture Rona, 5/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Christina Jones is one of the best business owners I've ever met. Very responsive with emails/telephone calls with any questions or requests. The options of what she can do for your big day are endless, and the quality and finished product are amazing! I am still receiving compliments on the look of our cake, and the taste of it! I am still in love with my wedding cake, and cannot wait to try it on our first anniversary!

Profile Picture User4553572, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with Bella Luna was easy, seamless and perfect. Christina is an expert in her field and I took full advantage of this. She was able to turn my wedding cake idea, into a reality. She met with me several times without hesitation, as my spouse was traveling during our first meeting. The taste is something I'll remember for years to come. It was amazing. We received many compliments from our guests and the photographs came out exquisite. I highly recommend Bella Luna Cakes and Confections. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Profile Picture User4553611, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Christina was wonderful to work with! My husband and I were so happy with how our wedding cake turned out. It was beautiful and delicious! I highly recommend her! You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kelly Ann, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I HIGHLY recommend Christina from Bella Luna. Her cakes are delicious and so reasonably priced. She did an EXCELLENT job meeting our expectations with an elegant wedding cake mixing modern and classic designs, live flowers, and a gold topper! She also pulled thru with an amazing groom's cake mashing together Ohio State and the University of Kentucky which was a fantastic surprise for my now husband. All of the flavors were delicious and the guests raved about the moist and flavorful bursts of fruit. Great job!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/21/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Christina is great! The cake and icing flavors are all so delicious you will have a hard time picking the ones you want! Our cake was four tiers with intricate piping. It was stunning and tasted delicious! I took off one star because when the cake was delivered, it was missing the custom cake topper that I had made myself. I was a little disappointed, however I was very satisfied with the overall experience!

Profile Picture Mira , 5/25/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Christina Jones the owner of Bella Luna Cakes and Confections went above and beyond our expectations. She really brought our ideas and wants to life. The cake was moist and delicious.

Profile Picture demetrice, 5/17/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Christina is wonderful!! Not only was our cake beyond gorgeous, it was SO delicious. We received so many compliments on all three flavors. She went above and beyond (even purchasing vintage pearl brooches to be used on the cake!) to make the cake one of a kind, and it was breathtaking. She was friendly, helpful, responsive, and we can recommend her without reservation. Thank you Bella Luna!!

Profile Picture Meredith, 3/15/14, 6 Reviews
1.3

Once she received our money, it was very difficult to get ahold of her. We wanted her to design a very unique wedding cake but a week before 10 days before the wedding we still had not heard back from her. We finally did a week before the wedding and sent her pictures of exactly what we wanted. She told us no problem. When we arrived at our wedding and saw the cake we were more than disappointed. It was haphazardly made. It looked gaudy as if it were designed for a child's birthday. We never heard from her again. Never a follow up to ask how we enjoyed it. We assume she knew what a poor job she did and therefore did not need to know. We both read and heard good things about her. Her cake tastes great and ought to before than adequate for a birthday or holiday party. For a wedding, assuming you want a cake to looks as good as it tastes, I would continuing your search elsewhere.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4575608, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Christina was amazing!! She helped us design our cake and allowed me to be a part of creating the cake topper that she made from sugar. Not only did it look gorgeous, but it tasted incredible as well!! Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture User4370564, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had Christina with Bella Luna cakes do our cupcake tower for our April 27, 2013 wedding. She did a fantastic job and her cake was delicious. We ordered around 140 cupcakes and she let us pick 3 different flavors; all of which were very tastey! Christina also did a surprise groom's cake for my husband. She did a small two tiered cake with a Pittsburgh sports theme. She incorporated the three major league Pittsburgh teams and the cake turned out amazing! Everyone at our rehearsal dinner was very impressed with her work and I'm very glad we picked Christina for our wedding. I would definitely recommend her to anyone getting married or anyone who is in need of a wonderfully designed cake for a special occasion. I know I will definitely be calling Christina in the future if I need another special occasion cake.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 4/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I discovered Christina of Bella Luna while we were having trouble with another cake vendor. Christina was very excited to meet with us, and showed us her portfolio while we sampled her yummy cakes! She even sketched design ideas as we were describing to her our vision for our wedding. She responded to emails and/or phone calls in a prompt courteous manner. Our cake was beautiful and delicious. She even make a gluten free cake for my Father-in-Law. He said his cake was amazing! I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Liz, 4/13/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Christina did an absolutely amazing job on our wedding cake and the grooms cake. They both were absolutely perfect. From the start Christina was so easy to work with. When we met she brought a plate FULL of samples, and even though she didn't have the red velvet that we were looking for, she made it a point to drop off two red velvet cupcakes to my fiances office 2 days after our consultation. When it came to design, we showed her a picture of what we were looking for and she perfected it. We were so pleased with both cakes and our guests really enjoyed the different flavors that she had to offer!

Profile Picture Deanna, 8/4/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Christina Pisanelli (owner of Bella Luna) was by far our favorite person to deal with during our wedding planning! Before meeting Christina and tasting her cakes, I really did not care too much about a cake. To me it was very much like Father of The Bride...a cake is flour and water. Then we went to a bridal show to do a quick and dirty taste testing of a few confectioners recommended by our wedding planner. Bella Luna was the second cake we tasted and suddenly I realized how amazing a cake could be! We booked on the spot and found Christina to be just as fabulous as her cakes:) Not a single other baker at the show compared professionally or in quality to Bella Luna.

From there, we loved every meeting with Christina, we loved her patience in creating our whimsical cake! And we absolutely fell in love with the wedding and groom's cakes she created!

HIRE this woman to do your wedding! I promise, you will not be disappointed!

OH! AND I should mention that our wedding was in jeopardy due to the huge wind storm and enormous power outages the week before! Our country club ONLY got power back a few days before the wedding. From what I understood, Christina did not get power back until a few days before but NEVER cracked under the pressure! She was prepared to go great lengths to get our cakes baked and perfected for the wedding! THAT's the kind of professional she is!

Profile Picture User2618722, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
1.8

First of all Christina is nice, I will give her that so please keep that in mind as you read this. Her communication is horrible, though which ultimately led to me not getting what I wanted (both groom's cake AND wedding cake). She came to our house with cake samples and pictures which was great. She was punctual and seemed to know what she was doing. I explained how I wanted my cake to look (my bridal gown was lace so I wanted the cake to replicate the lace in my dress). With her confidence I felt she could get the job done. We really wanted to try her buckeye cake but she didn't bring it to the tasting; we waited 6 months to taste it. Once we finally tasted it I told her I wanted to order a groom's cake for our rehearsal dinner. She has a block "O" cake on her website so I told her I wanted the groom's cake to look exactly like the one on the website. We discussed this over the phone but I also emailed her to confirm she knew what I wanted. When I opened the cake at the rehearsal dinner it was anything but what I wanted. It looked like some cheap, white, rounde cake from the local grocery store, not even close to the sculpted block "O" cake that I ordered. When I called to tell her how disappointed I was she acted shocked. And when I told her it was a nightmare she said, "I think that's overreacting." Last time I checked I was the customer and maybe if her communication wasn't so lousy she would understand my disappointment. Additionally, yes, it was a nightmare because I wanted something special for my husband and it looked like crap. Not to mention the cake was dry and tasted like cardboard. She then said she would text me a picture of my wedding cake which she did. The lace pattern that she was supposed to replicate looked horrendous and I hated it. My now husband is not one to complain and he even said it looked really bad. We had a monogram with our initials on the front that looked sloppy and was hard to read. Needless to say the cake looked nothing like the cakes on her website. The wedding cake did taste a lot better than the groom's cake so I will give her that. So my advise is bride beware. You have enough things to worry about on your wedding day and your cake shouldn't be one of them.

Profile Picture Jenny, 6/30/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

My guests loved Christina's cupcakes. Many admitted to eating multiple flavours because they were so tasty! Christina also did a good job in making my arbitrary idea for the cake topper come to life. She was also a great value.

Profile Picture Kerry-Ann, 6/9/12, 7 Reviews