Aqueduct Conference Center Reviews

11 | Chapel Hill, NC

11 Reviews for Aqueduct Conference Center

Kyle · Married on 10/07/2017

Don't be afraid of a wedding on the deck. It was nice!

Erin · Married on 09/26/2015

We had our wedding ceremony at Aqueduct, and were very pleased at both the location and the helpful friendliness of staff. Despite unfortunate torrential downpours all weekend, the setup went smoothly and the necessary adjustments from outdoor to covered seating were handled without any fallout or complications. Guests were comfortable and accommodated, and the groom and I were relaxed and carefree heading into our ceremony. Thank you Aqueduct staff for helping the day be a beautiful and memorable success!

Christina · Married on 11/01/2014

We got married at the Aqueduct on Nov 1 and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect location. The place is absolutely beautiful, it hardly needs any additional decorations. Julie was amazingly helpful and responded to responded to every single question quickly, sometimes within even minutes! She went above and beyond giving us advice and recommendations and just overall helping the whole day to run smoothly. The chef made some of the best southern barbecue I have ever had. We had a large group in from out of state and they couldn't stop raving about how good the food was. "Best fried chicken I've had in my entire life" was mentioned by more than one person! The best part was that all our traveling friends and family were able to stay right there. Even 3 weeks later I still feel so lucky and blessed to have found such a perfect place for our wedding!

Tanya · Married on 07/12/2014

As Mother of the Bride, we planned to do a lot of the work ourselves. We were doing the flowers, the other decorations, etc. When we arrived the Friday before the Saturday wedding, we had access to a team of people from the Aqueduct. They put up lights on the trees, put tree slices on the tables, hung the lanterns and so much more. They came by the staging room so many times to ask what they could do to help. I actually had a blessing from their team because I had time to really enjoy how the vision was taking place and still have time to get ready for the rehearsal dinner.

Chef Bey Bey is phenomenal. The food was great.

Julie has a gift of organization and hospitality. We booked 2 years in advance and in the last 6 months, I had to call or email often to just ask questions. She was so patient and helped guide us and often made great suggestions.

We only used Cottage 1 for out of town guests. They all said they slept well because it is quiet and comfortable. I didn't stay there (I live too close and wanted to sleep in my own bed!!) so I didn't get to experience the wonderful breakfast, but they all agreed it was great. And they loved the rocking chairs on the patio.

While we were setting up on Friday, Julie gave a tour to a perspective bride. I just had to interrupt and tell the bride to book it. For the price, yo uget Friday afternoon through Sunday noon. So many other places just give you 12 hours on the day of the wedding. And the Aqueduct has the tables, chairs, cutlery, goblets. linens and so many other things to make it turn key.

Oh, you also get Julie and the wonderful staff

Stop looking and book the Aqueduct. You will not be disappointed!!

Terry · Married on 05/31/2014

We had our Wedding there May 31,2014. We could not have asked for a better weekend. The staff was awesome. Julie was very professional and she did a great job keeping us on track both days. Bey Bey cooked some world class BBQ chicken for the wedding that people are still talking about. I would highly recommend Aquaduct!

Amy · Married on 05/24/2014

Hosting my wedding at the Aqueduct Conference Center was the best decision I made when planning my wedding. From the beginning to the end of the planning process, I felt genuinely cared for by everyone on staff, from the owners to the chefs. The space is beautifully maintained, both outside and inside. We hosted our rehearsal dinner in the main lodge on Friday evening, and then the entire wedding party stayed in the 2 cottages at Aqueduct that night, after a bonfire on the lawn complete with s'mores! We had a huge wedding party (11 bridesmaids and 11 groomsmen!) but the cottages accommodated all of us incredibly comfortably. Our wedding ceremony (approximately 200 guests) was outside on the lawn and the reception was set up under a 40' X 70' tent on the tent pad next to the ceremony space. Between the ceremony and reception, our guests enjoyed drinks and appetizers on the porch of the main lodge. The food and service was incredible, and the staff is quick to respond to all emails and phone calls at any time. Like I said, it was the best decision I made!

Patrick · Married on 10/05/2013

For anyone looking for a wedding venue, I highly recommend the Aqueduct Conference Center. My wife and I just had our wedding there and it was absolutely beautiful. It is tucked away in Chapel Hill with magnificent views, making it feel like we were out in the country. Julie was an absolute pleasure to work with and her help was invaluable as she was very responsive to my many e-mails and questions. The rest of the staff at the Aqueduct were so friendly and the food was fantastic. Our wedding was truly a wonderful, virtually stress-free time and it was in large part due to everyone associated with the Aqueduct Conference Center.

Ellen · Married on 10/09/2010

We got married at The Aqueduct in Oct of 2010 & my guests still comment that it was the best wedding they've been to. That is all because of where we were & who was taking care of us. The place is gorgeous, the food is delicious, the staff (especially Julie & Judy) are attentive and kind, the prep was stress free, and most of all it was FUN! As a Chapel Hill native, I grew up knowing of this place, but never imagined it was going to be the backdrop to one of the happiest days of my life. Can't recommend this place enough. Staying the weekend with my family and friends was so much fun. Thank you Aqueduct!!!

Katie · Married on 08/22/2009

The Aqueduct is absolutely beautiful! We rented the whole facility for the whole weekend, and it was a perfect get-away for our families. The staff went above and beyond to make our weekend perfect.

Matthew · event on: 02/18/2014

I spent a personal retreat at the Aqueduct Conference Center. I completed two days of planning for the 2014 year on my spiritual and work goals. I cannot think of enough good words for Scott and his crew. They are certainly a Christ focused group that loves to serve. At one point I took a break and just hung out with the crew because they were so friendly and easy to talk to. The food was excellent! BeBe is the executive chef and one day I hope he gives me the recipe for the rosemary chicken. 10 out of 10 stars!

Aqueduct is a lovely venue for a wedding weekend--beautiful, comfortable, elegant yet relaxed. It was great for our families to stay on-site for the weekend with breakfasts and dinners provided. And the food was fabulous! The staff was very accommodating. Just perfect for us.