Andrew Morrell Photography Reviews

92 | Washington, DC

92 Reviews for Andrew Morrell Photography

92 Andrew Morrell Photography Reviews

Regina · Married on 08/25/2018

Andrew.....Andrew is just an all around amazing person. When we met with him, I knew at once that Andrew was the one for us. He's become like a friend and every step of the way was so painless. Andrew made us feel comfortable and really let the best shine through in every photo. Our engagement photos turned out better than I could have imagined and our wedding photos sneak peak made me fall in love. Andrew and Deb really captured our day perfectly. Any suggestions or questions I had were answered within minutes and it really helped us breathe when we didn't have to worry about anything. I can't wait to see the rest of our wedding photos and I hope that Andrew will be our lifelong photographer for all big life events. Definitely hire him!

Andrew Morrell Photography 4

Mark · Married on 06/30/2018

Andrew was amazing to work with, he has a great personality that made us very comfortable on our wedding day, he was very accommodating from the first day I called him to chat and hire him till our wedding day, even now after the wedding he is still very responsive and keeps sharing all the great pictures that he took. I would recommend him to anyone I know for all their picture needs without a doubt!

Amy · Married on 04/28/2018

Andrew was a joy to work from start to finish. His prices were clear and easy to understand. He’s not the cheapest photographer out there but he was worth every penny and we got amazing pictures in the end. We were drawn to his candid shots when choosing a photographer and he didn’t disappoint. He has an artist’s eye and was able to catch those fun, candidate shots but also beautifully staged pictures as well. The ease at which he moves about the crowd is impressive and he creates a light and fun environment, conducive to natural shots that beautifully capture the moment and emotions. I would recommend Andrew to anyone needing a photographer for ANY event as he helped to make my wedding fun and worry-free, with wonderful pictures that captured the magic of the day.

• Charletta

Charletta · Married on 04/21/2018

Andrew is family to us. He goes beyond the call of duty to make you feel comfortable. He blended in so well and adapted to many circumstances. He was wonderful. Not to mention is artistry is impeccable. His vision is clear.

Sent on 04/30/2018
    Andrew Morrell Photography 5
    Andrew Morrell Photography 6

Andrew Morrell Photography's reply:

What can I say???!!! What a perfect thing to wake up tp... I loved every second of your wedding day... and am humbled by your review. Thank you and Travis a million times over.

Hope · Married on 10/28/2017

I would highly recommend Andrew Morrell's photography services. If I could give him 5+ stars I would without hesitation. My husband and I hired him for our engagement photos and wedding photos and are so happy we did!! Andrew is not only an incredibly talented photographer, he also is very responsive, easy/fun to work with, extremely flexible when it comes to scheduling/location, affordable and has the ability to neutralizes any wedding stress you might be feeling on your big day. Our pictures are absolutely amazing!! Your photographer is one of the most important vendors you'll choose, and I can confidently say you will be overjoyed if you choose Andrew to photograph one of the best days of your life, or any other special event. I can't thank him enough!!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Andrew Morrell Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Hope! You guys were so wonderful to work with. You knew exactly what you wanted and constructed a fantastic wedding. And you rolled with some pretty rough moments early in the day... but the sun gods rewarded your patience with pure gold!!
  • stevenrthai

Steven · Married on 10/21/2017

We met with a number of photographers, Andrew was the last photographer we met with and immediately we turned to each other and said that is our guy. When you are picking a photographer you want it to be a person that you can see yourself spending the entire day with or in our case weekend with - he will make you laugh, smile and also make sure to capture every unique moment.

The entire process with agreeing on pricing and contacting was made very simple by Andrew, he is quick to respond. We have received so many compliments on our photos and time lapse video, on how magical and truly unique they are. Andrew is an artist and truly captures and brings alive your day through photos. He holds all of his work to such a high standard and is a true professional.

Most of all we are thankful for Andrew sticking with us as we changed dates and locations multiple times due to a cross country move. Andrew was committed to shooting our wedding, so we flew him to Minneapolis to do just that - it was truly the best gift and honor to have him shoot our wedding.

You cannot go wrong with hiring Andrew, he will capture the best and most unique moments from the perfect perspective. I cannot sing his praises enough.

Andrew Morrell Photography 7
    Andrew Morrell Photography 8
    Andrew Morrell Photography 9
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 10/14/2017

This is a long overdue review for the amazing Andrew Morrell! Hiring Andrew was by far one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. As a person, Andrew manages to be both deeply personable (and hilarious) while also incredibly professional and skilled at his craft. He did a great job of making us feel at ease, keeping us laughing, and blending into the background at times to capture some truly incredible candids. All weekend long, members of our bridal party, families, and random wedding guests kept coming up to us raving about Andrew! And most importantly, his finished products were PERFECT-- the photos of our rehearsal dinner and wedding day came out better than I could ever imagine. Thank you Andrew!

Andrew Morrell Photography 10
    Andrew Morrell Photography 11

Jenny · Married on 10/08/2017

Andrew was wonderful to work with! From the very beginning, he was easy and fun to work with and was responsive to our ideas or any concerns we had. His prices are very reasonable, especially for the amazing work he provides. He will not nickel and dime you for the extra time he spends with you. We had a blast with him with our engagement shoot and even more on our wedding day. Our pictures turned out amazing and he truly captured the love, fun and happiness we had that day with our family and friends. Our wedding party and family all raved about how fun and easy going he was and made them feel comfortable during the formal photos. We can't thank you enough Andrew for being such a wonderful photographer for us and definitely recommend him to any other couple!

• Y

Yael · Married on 10/07/2017

Always a great experience. Captured so many amazing moments so naturally. Can't wait to see all of Andrew's good work.

Robert · Married on 09/24/2017

Andrew is a 10 out of 5 stars. I could go on and on about how engaged and comfortable to work with but it would not do him justice. Not only is he a great photographer, he is a great person. We felt as if we had a personal “wedding coach”. Any event in the future... he’s our go to guy.

Andrew Morrell Photography 12
    Andrew Morrell Photography 13

steffany · Married on 09/09/2017

Andrew is amazing! He made us feel so relaxed on our wedding day. He was so fun to shoot with and everything felt natural.

Kristen · Married on 09/02/2017

Andrew Morrell is absolutely SENSATIONAL to work with. Those 5 stars don't lie – he was OUR FAVORITE VENDOR!

We were so excited to work with Andrew because he loves to capture genuine/candid moments, which seems much harder to do well than posed shots, since people are moving etc. But Andrew has a true talent for this…I mean, HAVE YOU SEEN HIS WORK?! And since Andrew compiles all of the photos he takes into a timelapse video (think flipbook), we didn’t even bother hiring a videographer.

Working with Andrew means you get 150% effort. Pre-ceremony, he helped gather our wedding party for the processional (we didn’t have a coordinator, but he went above & beyond the call of duty to ensure things started off smoothly). Post-ceremony, he was able to quickly wrangle our rowdy wedding party & large families for photos to make the most of the sunlight, all the while making everyone laugh & feel comfortable. During the reception, Andrew seamlessly became part of the background. THE NEXT DAY Andrew texted us a handful of sneak peaks, and there was an amazing one of my husband & I crushing it on the dance floor, and we didn’t even realize he was there!! Weeks after our wedding, guests are still reaching out to us raving about how great Andrew was.

I could go on forever about how ABSOLUTELY SUPERB he is, but if you’re still not convinced after reading these reviews and looking at his website, give him a call. I guarantee that you won’t be disappointed!

Neha · Married on 09/02/2017

Andrew effortlessly allowed us to be at ease while he documented three of the most important days of our life, our wedding celebration. Not only did he capture moments that we were unable to see because we can't be everywhere at one time, but he made an impression on all our guests - each person spoke of how sweet, funny, innovative and kind he and Jess (second shooter) were. HE'S OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crystal · Married on 07/06/2017

Andrew has been absolutely fabulous to work with from start to finish. It is so hard to put into words how wonderful he is, how beautiful his work is, and how highly we would recommend him. It was always important to me to find a good photographer who could capture our day in as much of a natural way as possible, and we more than found that with Andrew. Andrew was magical at making everyone feel comfortable and relaxed about having their picture taken, and managed to be everywhere at once on our wedding day. We absolutely adore our pictures and love how he caught so many moments that we either forgot about, or didn’t even realize had happened. Andrew is such a lovely person and he really added to the fun of our day. Even our wedding guests commented on how fun and wonderful our photographer was! Having done so many weddings, he gives great advice that we were so grateful for. Thank you so much Andrew for all you have done for us, we will always remember our wonderful wedding photographer!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/10/2017

Where do I even begin with Andrew. He is AMAZING! By far the best choice we went with. When my husband and I met with Andrew via Skype, we knew right away that we wanted him to be out photographer. It was honestly so much fun working with him! We kept in touch through out the whole planning process. He was willing to meet us anywhere for our engagement pictures! My husband and I weren't completely thrilled over the thought of being in front of a camera and taking so many pictures, but Andrew honestly made it enjoyable and easy! His pictures are breathtaking. I am constantly receiving compliments on all of my images. Andrew has exactly what we were looking for....his ability to use natural light is SPOT ON, and we LOVE his personality! Andrew is full of ideas while giving you the best input. We took a lot of direction from Andrew, but he also listened to any and requests. On our wedding day, Andrew went around the entire venue while I was getting ready and took images of the grounds and layout. He then came back to me with all of his ideas of where he wanted pictures taken, and I thought it was AMAZING! He was honestly by my side through the whole process, and even went beyond doing our photographs by helping me with any needs I had before my wedding began! I specifically remember Andrew running to the bathroom to grab tissues when my nose was running after reading my emotional letter from my husband....he was a rockstar!
    I was so thankful for Andrew. He had us all laughing in the bridal suite, and everyone was raving about him the day after our wedding. Andrew was specifically complimented for laying out on the floor to capture some epic images while tossing my bouquet, haha! The results speak for themselves, and I feel I have gained a friend out of this whole process. We love Andrew! You will NOT be disappointed if you use Andrew Morrell as your photographer! I know I will be using him again in the future!

Holly · Married on 06/09/2017

It was such a pleasure to have Andrew at our wedding to capture our special day! He made everyone feel so comfortable and was able to capture genuine feelings and emotions throughout the day. He was so flexible with the schedule, going back and forth between places to get pictures of everyone getting ready. His eye for creativity and artistry is amazing and so much fun to be a part of. The pictures we have seen so far have been beautiful and I have no doubt that the rest will be just as awesome! Thank you, Andrew! Your professionalism, talent, and fun personality really are appreciated!

Karen · Married on 06/03/2017

Andrew was very professional, very friendly with everyone, and a joy to have at my son's wedding. He really knows what he is doing. I love his photography style and how he can capture the true spirit of a wedding and bring out genuine personality even with the shyest of people (like my new daughter-in-law). His photos are amazing in quality and he was always available for questions or concerns. Our wedding was very small and personable but Andrew fit right in with a polite manner even with the girls in the dressing room before the wedding. He put a lot of effort into his photography all day but somehow was invisible and behind the scene as not to disrupt the flow of the day. I would totally recommend Andrew to photograph any function but think weddings are his favorite.

Sam · Married on 05/20/2017

There are not enough words to express how wonderful Andrew is! Andrew made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire wedding planning process, as well as on our big day! Andrew is professional, reliable, and so creative. We picked Andrew because of his beautiful eye for photography. We are so excited to see all of our wedding photos, but from the few Andrew has sent us already, we are thrilled!

Tom · Married on 04/22/2017

If you look at photography as art that you want to last a lifetime, Andrew is your guy. He is a true professional, knows what he is doing, knows when to take the shot that matters, builds the scenario, and makes every step seems painless and easy. He was there, then he was somewhere else. Always moving, always capturing every moment that matters. When I say art, I mean it. Every picture he takes is worthy of it's own frame and a collage of photos in a photography museum. Overall, he's amazing. Do not miss out on using him for any event. Book now. I would give him plane tickets and a hotel stay anywhere I am just to have him shoot! Don't wait. Don't look elsewhere. Andrew is your guy.

Jillian · Married on 04/15/2017

Andrew has been amazing through my entire 'wedding' planning process. My husband and I decided to have an intimate civil ceremony at our house in Arlington followed by cocktails and dinner at the Watergate Hotel in DC. From the get go Andrew was so accommodating; making the time to drive to our house to see the venue to ensure that we could capture good shots. Well, to say the least they were amazing!! The next day I got his favourite shots from the day before and they blew me away! I'm very camera shy but Andrew has his way behind the lens that makes you feel so comfortable. He wasn't just a photographer on April 15th but we became instant friends and therefore felt like a guest at our ceremony. He bonded with my husband and I, our puppy Bowie and both sides of the family and friends instantly. His professionalism is out of this world! His main priority was to make sure we were relaxed the day of and he accomplished that. I have warned him that he needs to get into new bown photograohy for when our time comes because he will definitely be getting a call from me! :) By far the best photographer I have ever worked with, and a huge heart to go along with his profession. You are appreciated and loved!

Elizabeth · Married on 03/18/2017

Andrew is a consummate professional. With all of the things a bride and groom have to do leading up to the big day and on the day itself, Andrew makes it all so easy. He's incredibly responsive and prompt. His photos blew us away, he caught all of the moments on our wedding day and even the ones we didn't realized even happened! We will treasure all of the photos forever. I really can't recommend Andrew enough and we are incredibly grateful he was there to document such a memorable occasion for us! Thank you Andrew!!

Kelly · Married on 10/09/2016

Andrew is tremendous. He is sweet, funny, and energetic and can seriously roll with just about anything or anyone. My mother called him, “the best part of the wedding”! Yes, he is that good. We had a small religious ceremony a few days before our wedding and Andrew agreed to photograph both events for the base price. He was punctual, prepared, and immediately started charming us all. He even had the usual curmudgeons laughing and beaming during the family photo sessions. We did a “first look” prior to the wedding ceremony and spending that hour before the wedding with just my fiancé and Andrew was the best remedy for calming my wedding-day nerves. I seriously dislike having my picture taken but Andrew made us feel so relaxed and had us cracking up. Andrew’s work speaks for itself. He has an incredible photojournalistic style that he uses to capture subtle moments that will likely be missed with a more traditional photographer. I highly recommend you hire Andrew. He will add so much happiness to your day and his pictures will keep bringing you straight back to the joy.

Marie · Married on 10/08/2016

Andrew Morrell Photography does amazing work and Andrew himself is fantastic. We interviewed six photographers before agreeing that Andrew was right for us. Andrew brings together a stunning combination of photographic excellence and a warm, funny and flexible personality that puts people (you included!) at ease and brings out a smile. When you review his portfolio of work, you’ll get a sense of his style and approach, but you will also see that he clearly helps his subjects relax and be themselves. Though the moments that he captures are intimate and personal, we never left like he or his second photographer were “in the way” or obtrusive. Andrew worked with us to add a second photographer just for our wedding ceremony so we could have shots from two perspectives, which was great. A lot of photography options offer one or two photographers, but we got the best of both. We got married the weekend that a hurricane and it attendant storm were headed for the East Coast. Though our ceremony was indoors, we had planned to do all of our photos outside. Andrew met us at our rehearsal and took the time to walk through our venue and develop a plan for all of our photos (first look, bridal portraits, family portraits) to be indoors. He listened to my ideas, offered pro’s and con’s and then made suggestions that turned out beautifully. When in doubt, trust Andrew. On our wedding day, he was perfect. Both our families loved him. He stayed through the end of our event to capture every last moment and he made sure that we got all the photos we wanted. (All always, give a list to your photographer and a bridesmaid - I couldn’t remember what photos I wanted and I’m glad that I had a written list!) He also sent several great pictures within 24 hours so that we could see some of our wedding! He even picked out two photographs that I expressly wanted that wouldn’t have been normal to include. Andrew is a great combination of skilled artistic expertise and someone who you genuinely en

Sarine · Married on 10/04/2016

Andrew came recommended by my recently married colleague. He accepted our request on very short notice and agreed to shoot two short ceremonies two days apart (baptism and wedding vows). He tailored our package to meet our needs rather than charging for the full 8-hour package -- and still provided the digital proofs. He was a pleasure to work with and easy to talk to. The shoot was fun and engaging, and Andrew captured the shots quickly at the locations of our choosing. The end product was beautiful and well worth the investment. We would recommend Andrew to any other couple looking for a no-hassle photography experience for their special day or special event. Sarine & James, Washington D.C.