Andrew Morrell Photography Reviews

98 | Winchester, VA

98 Reviews for Andrew Morrell Photography

• Allison

Allison Sladek · Getting married on 05/12/2021

Outstanding work and an incredible person

Andrew was one of a few photographers that we were interested in engaging for our wedding this past December. After one phone call with him, we knew that he was going to be the perfect match for us. Andrew had a lot on his plate with our wedding. My father had suffered a severe stroke about a month prior to the wedding, and his mobility is severely limited now, I (the bride) suffer from nearly debilitating anxiety, and there were more crazy family dynamics to deal with than I care to admit. Andrew played the part of photographer, coach, emotional support, and mediator during our ceremony and reception. There are not enough positive adjectives to describe what a joy he was to work with. It was a cloudy, rainy, and overcast day on our wedding - but our photographs say otherwise. They are jaw dropping and strikingly beautiful - which is impressive to say the least considering what kind of lighting conditions we were working with! If you are getting married anywhere in the DMV area, hell even outside the DMV area, do yourself a favor and contact Andrew. I promise you, you will not regret it.

Sent on 01/08/2020

Milica · Married on 10/19/2019

Beautiful photos, such a lovely experience

What a pleasure it was having Andrew at our wedding. Everything people in other reviews say is true. He is both calming and energizing, responsive and a source of guidance. And all those little moments you see captured in his photos, isn't JUST him being in the right place at the right time (although he is), often that spark is how people react to him. He brings a smile to people's faces. What else to say, he learned and remembered all our families names during our group shots, he lay himself out in a field to get the right angle, he hustled and handled it all with humor and grace. Andrew is the kind of guy you want to invite to your wedding regardless of if he's your photographer or not. So many good things to say about working with him that I nearly forgot to say our photos are beyond gorgeous. A million thanks, Andrew.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Daljeet

Munsha · Married on 08/31/2019

The. Best.

Hiring Andrew for our wedding weekend ended up being the best thing that happened during our wedding planning process. HE IS AWESOME! Super responsive, went the extra mile to get to know us and our families and culture. My husband and I are both Indian (Sikh) and had a traditional wedding, and Andrew did a phenomenal job covering all aspects of the ceremonies in such a beautiful way. The shots we have completely blew me away - he captured fun little moments from throughout the wedding SO perfectly, and looking through the wedding photos is truly such a joy because he somehow managed to get every single shot we could've wanted (not an easy feat with both of our larger families).
    What makes Andrew even more special is the way he treated us as friends, not as clients. He did not let us worry about a single detail - he even went so far as to handle all the arrangements setting up our engagement shoot in Camden Yards (a dream come true for us, but also something we never even thought was possible!), and was so incredibly flexible and accommodating. I cannot recommend Andrew enough!!

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/17/2019

I'd leave a MILLION star review if it would let me!

What is left to say about Andrew that hasn't already been said? HE.IS.AWESOME!!!

His photography is flawless - he showed me what he was capturing throughout the day and the pictures are breathtaking - and I'm not the best subject to photograph either. He is so incredibly experienced and gifted - you'll be blown away by what he captures...even if you're like me and tend to blink through everything, make a stupid face when you smile or feel awkward when there's a camera on you - he will still find a way to make you look beautiful.

He is so genuine - He becomes like an old friend - I don't know how he does it, but after about 10 minutes of talking to him, you feel like you've known him forever. So many of my guests thought he was a friend of mine, someone I knew before, not a paid photographer, as he was sharing in the joy of our day with us. There were many times I looked to him with a smile or a wink during the day as if to say, "did you see that" and he'd be right there with me...mostly because he was one of the few sober people left, but also because he's just genuine.

He was a beacon of calm for both me and my husband throughout the entire process. He was ever encouraging, incredibly upbeat and positive, but real and down to earth at the same time. The guy just rocks!

Wedding Prep - Andrew spent as much time with me as I wanted - we chatted on the phone for at least an hour before I booked him. He came out to my venue and spent another hour or more walking around, talking about the day, helping me plan, getting to know both me and my fiancé, what we wanted and what was important to us on that day.

Bottom line - Book him. He's amazing all around. Everyone loved him. My guests commented on what an awesome vendor team I had and how great he was. He was super flexible to get last-minute shots with family members that I didn't have pre-planned, but also never missed a beat in catching spontaneous moments with my guests on the dancefloor as the libations helped them let loose. I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 06/29/2019

Professional. Comfortable. Creative. Fun!

THE BEST. We had a wonderful experience with Andrew. I had actually met him at another wedding that I was part of the wedding party, and then hired him for my own wedding this year. His charisma is so contagious that not only did our family fall in love, but our guests enjoyed him too. I knew Andrew was the only one I wanted to take our photos because he is not only talented but he is also professional and creative. Hire him. Just do it! You won't regret it. His presence enhanced our wedding to a whole 'nother level. He is continually sharpening his skills to make contemporary photographs.

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • John

John · Married on 01/12/2019

Andrew is Awesome!

In the rush of the day it is so easy to miss so much. And two people who are intensely focused upon one another can tend to miss a lot of what is happening around them. Andrew redefined what I thought a wedding photographer could be.

Andrew was a really positive, encouraging presence; his conversations with us meant that he knew how to use his creativity to create the artistic photos that we wanted to take between the wedding and reception. And of course, the actual photos are wonderful. It felt like we had a friend there who was consistently helpful and never intrusive.

His little booklet, 'How to be Amazing on Your Wedding Day' should be required reading for people looking for a wedding photographer. It is a really wonderful reminder about being in the moment and enjoying the day.

I have an image of Andrew throwing himself down in the snow and mud on an icy, snowy afternoon to catch some artistic pictures, just the way we wanted them. That pretty much encapsulates his dedication and passion. We couldn't have hoped for a better person to be there and record 'us' on our most important day.

Sent on 07/06/2019

Andrew Morrell Photography's reply:

What an absolutely lovely review... You both were so receptive and fantastic to work with. I wish you two the greatest joy in your life and hope our paths cross again!

Regina · Married on 08/25/2018

Andrew.....Andrew is just an all around amazing person. When we met with him, I knew at once that Andrew was the one for us. He's become like a friend and every step of the way was so painless. Andrew made us feel comfortable and really let the best shine through in every photo. Our engagement photos turned out better than I could have imagined and our wedding photos sneak peak made me fall in love. Andrew and Deb really captured our day perfectly. Any suggestions or questions I had were answered within minutes and it really helped us breathe when we didn't have to worry about anything. I can't wait to see the rest of our wedding photos and I hope that Andrew will be our lifelong photographer for all big life events. Definitely hire him!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Jesse · Married on 08/25/2018

Hey you. That's right, I'm talking to you. The young, happily engaged couple behind the screen wondering which amazing professional will be the one to capture all of the special moments on your wedding day. Congrats, you just made the best decision of the process so far. I'm sure all of the other photographers on here are good, but are they really great? What makes Andrew take that next step into the epic, the legen.... dary. Is it him becoming friends, sharing dog parent love and life advice? How about being more than just a photographer, but treating us like family?

I'll tell you. His ability to recognize little moments, the special ones that no one sees. His natural talent for understanding dynamic environments and being able to move in an out of your sphere of motion without even letting you know he's there. His work, his communication, his quality of service and professionalism are far above what a 5 star rating can provide him. These are memories that need to be captured the right way, naturally, perfectly, the first time. There are no re-dos on your wedding day.

So, do yourself a favor. Go to his page. Go to his Instagram. Check him out on Facebook. You'll see our pictures there. Aren't they great? Yea, this guy did them. Now that there's only one thing left to do.. hit that contact button.

On the day after your wedding, you'll start thinking about everything and realize that it was all a blur. The rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, the wedding and reception, all of it is just a giant blur of fragmented memories and shots of four roses. Don't fret, you remembered reading this review and selected Andrew to capture all of those moments you can't remember. He will put the pieces together, and give you pictures that will bring all of those fresh wedding tears back. Now, all you have to do is sit back, enjoy the left over cake, and get to loving each other. Have an amazing marriage new couple, and welcome to the ring club.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Mark · Married on 06/30/2018

Andrew was amazing to work with, he has a great personality that made us very comfortable on our wedding day, he was very accommodating from the first day I called him to chat and hire him till our wedding day, even now after the wedding he is still very responsive and keeps sharing all the great pictures that he took. I would recommend him to anyone I know for all their picture needs without a doubt!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Amy · Married on 04/28/2018

Andrew was a joy to work from start to finish. His prices were clear and easy to understand. He’s not the cheapest photographer out there but he was worth every penny and we got amazing pictures in the end. We were drawn to his candid shots when choosing a photographer and he didn’t disappoint. He has an artist’s eye and was able to catch those fun, candidate shots but also beautifully staged pictures as well. The ease at which he moves about the crowd is impressive and he creates a light and fun environment, conducive to natural shots that beautifully capture the moment and emotions. I would recommend Andrew to anyone needing a photographer for ANY event as he helped to make my wedding fun and worry-free, with wonderful pictures that captured the magic of the day.

Sent on 09/06/2018
  • Charletta

Charletta · Married on 04/21/2018

Andrew is family to us. He goes beyond the call of duty to make you feel comfortable. He blended in so well and adapted to many circumstances. He was wonderful. Not to mention is artistry is impeccable. His vision is clear.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Andrew Morrell Photography's reply:

What can I say???!!! What a perfect thing to wake up tp... I loved every second of your wedding day... and am humbled by your review. Thank you and Travis a million times over.

Hope · Married on 10/28/2017

I would highly recommend Andrew Morrell's photography services. If I could give him 5+ stars I would without hesitation. My husband and I hired him for our engagement photos and wedding photos and are so happy we did!! Andrew is not only an incredibly talented photographer, he also is very responsive, easy/fun to work with, extremely flexible when it comes to scheduling/location, affordable and has the ability to neutralizes any wedding stress you might be feeling on your big day. Our pictures are absolutely amazing!! Your photographer is one of the most important vendors you'll choose, and I can confidently say you will be overjoyed if you choose Andrew to photograph one of the best days of your life, or any other special event. I can't thank him enough!!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Andrew Morrell Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Hope! You guys were so wonderful to work with. You knew exactly what you wanted and constructed a fantastic wedding. And you rolled with some pretty rough moments early in the day... but the sun gods rewarded your patience with pure gold!!
  • stevenrthai

Steven · Married on 10/21/2017

We met with a number of photographers, Andrew was the last photographer we met with and immediately we turned to each other and said that is our guy. When you are picking a photographer you want it to be a person that you can see yourself spending the entire day with or in our case weekend with - he will make you laugh, smile and also make sure to capture every unique moment.

The entire process with agreeing on pricing and contacting was made very simple by Andrew, he is quick to respond. We have received so many compliments on our photos and time lapse video, on how magical and truly unique they are. Andrew is an artist and truly captures and brings alive your day through photos. He holds all of his work to such a high standard and is a true professional.

Most of all we are thankful for Andrew sticking with us as we changed dates and locations multiple times due to a cross country move. Andrew was committed to shooting our wedding, so we flew him to Minneapolis to do just that - it was truly the best gift and honor to have him shoot our wedding.

You cannot go wrong with hiring Andrew, he will capture the best and most unique moments from the perfect perspective. I cannot sing his praises enough.

Sent on 12/09/2017
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 10/14/2017

This is a long overdue review for the amazing Andrew Morrell! Hiring Andrew was by far one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. As a person, Andrew manages to be both deeply personable (and hilarious) while also incredibly professional and skilled at his craft. He did a great job of making us feel at ease, keeping us laughing, and blending into the background at times to capture some truly incredible candids. All weekend long, members of our bridal party, families, and random wedding guests kept coming up to us raving about Andrew! And most importantly, his finished products were PERFECT-- the photos of our rehearsal dinner and wedding day came out better than I could ever imagine. Thank you Andrew!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Jenny · Married on 10/08/2017

Andrew was wonderful to work with! From the very beginning, he was easy and fun to work with and was responsive to our ideas or any concerns we had. His prices are very reasonable, especially for the amazing work he provides. He will not nickel and dime you for the extra time he spends with you. We had a blast with him with our engagement shoot and even more on our wedding day. Our pictures turned out amazing and he truly captured the love, fun and happiness we had that day with our family and friends. Our wedding party and family all raved about how fun and easy going he was and made them feel comfortable during the formal photos. We can't thank you enough Andrew for being such a wonderful photographer for us and definitely recommend him to any other couple!

Sent on 01/08/2018
  • Y

Yael · Married on 10/07/2017

Always a great experience. Captured so many amazing moments so naturally. Can't wait to see all of Andrew's good work.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Robert · Married on 09/24/2017

Andrew is a 10 out of 5 stars. I could go on and on about how engaged and comfortable to work with but it would not do him justice. Not only is he a great photographer, he is a great person. We felt as if we had a personal “wedding coach”. Any event in the future... he’s our go to guy.

Sent on 09/26/2017

steffany · Married on 09/09/2017

Andrew is amazing! He made us feel so relaxed on our wedding day. He was so fun to shoot with and everything felt natural.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Kristen · Married on 09/02/2017

Andrew Morrell is absolutely SENSATIONAL to work with. Those 5 stars don't lie – he was OUR FAVORITE VENDOR!

We were so excited to work with Andrew because he loves to capture genuine/candid moments, which seems much harder to do well than posed shots, since people are moving etc. But Andrew has a true talent for this…I mean, HAVE YOU SEEN HIS WORK?! And since Andrew compiles all of the photos he takes into a timelapse video (think flipbook), we didn’t even bother hiring a videographer.

Working with Andrew means you get 150% effort. Pre-ceremony, he helped gather our wedding party for the processional (we didn’t have a coordinator, but he went above & beyond the call of duty to ensure things started off smoothly). Post-ceremony, he was able to quickly wrangle our rowdy wedding party & large families for photos to make the most of the sunlight, all the while making everyone laugh & feel comfortable. During the reception, Andrew seamlessly became part of the background. THE NEXT DAY Andrew texted us a handful of sneak peaks, and there was an amazing one of my husband & I crushing it on the dance floor, and we didn’t even realize he was there!! Weeks after our wedding, guests are still reaching out to us raving about how great Andrew was.

I could go on forever about how ABSOLUTELY SUPERB he is, but if you’re still not convinced after reading these reviews and looking at his website, give him a call. I guarantee that you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Neha · Married on 09/02/2017

Andrew effortlessly allowed us to be at ease while he documented three of the most important days of our life, our wedding celebration. Not only did he capture moments that we were unable to see because we can't be everywhere at one time, but he made an impression on all our guests - each person spoke of how sweet, funny, innovative and kind he and Jess (second shooter) were. HE'S OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Crystal · Married on 07/06/2017

Andrew has been absolutely fabulous to work with from start to finish. It is so hard to put into words how wonderful he is, how beautiful his work is, and how highly we would recommend him. It was always important to me to find a good photographer who could capture our day in as much of a natural way as possible, and we more than found that with Andrew. Andrew was magical at making everyone feel comfortable and relaxed about having their picture taken, and managed to be everywhere at once on our wedding day. We absolutely adore our pictures and love how he caught so many moments that we either forgot about, or didn’t even realize had happened. Andrew is such a lovely person and he really added to the fun of our day. Even our wedding guests commented on how fun and wonderful our photographer was! Having done so many weddings, he gives great advice that we were so grateful for. Thank you so much Andrew for all you have done for us, we will always remember our wonderful wedding photographer!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/10/2017

Where do I even begin with Andrew. He is AMAZING! By far the best choice we went with. When my husband and I met with Andrew via Skype, we knew right away that we wanted him to be out photographer. It was honestly so much fun working with him! We kept in touch through out the whole planning process. He was willing to meet us anywhere for our engagement pictures! My husband and I weren't completely thrilled over the thought of being in front of a camera and taking so many pictures, but Andrew honestly made it enjoyable and easy! His pictures are breathtaking. I am constantly receiving compliments on all of my images. Andrew has exactly what we were looking for....his ability to use natural light is SPOT ON, and we LOVE his personality! Andrew is full of ideas while giving you the best input. We took a lot of direction from Andrew, but he also listened to any and requests. On our wedding day, Andrew went around the entire venue while I was getting ready and took images of the grounds and layout. He then came back to me with all of his ideas of where he wanted pictures taken, and I thought it was AMAZING! He was honestly by my side through the whole process, and even went beyond doing our photographs by helping me with any needs I had before my wedding began! I specifically remember Andrew running to the bathroom to grab tissues when my nose was running after reading my emotional letter from my husband....he was a rockstar!
    I was so thankful for Andrew. He had us all laughing in the bridal suite, and everyone was raving about him the day after our wedding. Andrew was specifically complimented for laying out on the floor to capture some epic images while tossing my bouquet, haha! The results speak for themselves, and I feel I have gained a friend out of this whole process. We love Andrew! You will NOT be disappointed if you use Andrew Morrell as your photographer! I know I will be using him again in the future!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Holly · Married on 06/09/2017

It was such a pleasure to have Andrew at our wedding to capture our special day! He made everyone feel so comfortable and was able to capture genuine feelings and emotions throughout the day. He was so flexible with the schedule, going back and forth between places to get pictures of everyone getting ready. His eye for creativity and artistry is amazing and so much fun to be a part of. The pictures we have seen so far have been beautiful and I have no doubt that the rest will be just as awesome! Thank you, Andrew! Your professionalism, talent, and fun personality really are appreciated!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Karen · Married on 06/03/2017

Andrew was very professional, very friendly with everyone, and a joy to have at my son's wedding. He really knows what he is doing. I love his photography style and how he can capture the true spirit of a wedding and bring out genuine personality even with the shyest of people (like my new daughter-in-law). His photos are amazing in quality and he was always available for questions or concerns. Our wedding was very small and personable but Andrew fit right in with a polite manner even with the girls in the dressing room before the wedding. He put a lot of effort into his photography all day but somehow was invisible and behind the scene as not to disrupt the flow of the day. I would totally recommend Andrew to photograph any function but think weddings are his favorite.

Sent on 06/19/2017

Sam · Married on 05/20/2017

There are not enough words to express how wonderful Andrew is! Andrew made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire wedding planning process, as well as on our big day! Andrew is professional, reliable, and so creative. We picked Andrew because of his beautiful eye for photography. We are so excited to see all of our wedding photos, but from the few Andrew has sent us already, we are thrilled!

Sent on 06/05/2017