A New York honeymoon is perfect for couples wanting to visit a city that’s jam-packed with exciting things to see and explore. The city that never sleeps is known for its cultural landmarks, Broadway shows, and eccentric nightlife — making the Big Apple a hotspot for honeymooners. From the famous Central Park to the always busy Times Square, there’s countless of attractions for any couple to check out during their stay. So, in order to make sure you hit all the best museums and attractions during your NYC honeymoon, we’ve rounded up some key insights to planning the ultimate New York honeymoon.
A NYC honeymoon has something for everyone, from sightseeing, to art museums, you and your future spouse will easily stay entertained visiting this killer city.
When to Go
Winter in New York City is bitter thanks to the ocean, so NYC honeymooners should avoid visiting from November to February. Try to take your New York honeymoon from September to November for the best, most temperate weather. However, prices are steep during this peak season, so avoid the fall if you’re looking for something that’s budget-friendly.
Top Sights and Activities
- Central Park: Take a romantic through the marvelous and iconic Central Park.
- Museums: Pick from one of New York City’s countless museums. The Metropolitan, which offers pay-what-you-can admission, is great for history and art buffs. The Museum of Modern Art is another top-rated museum and is perfect for couples hoping to spend half a day with world famous modern art.
- High Line: An innovative park above ground created from a converted rail line.
- Chinatown and Little Italy: Take a walk through the cultural epicenters of the city right next to each other.
- Times Square: Stand in awe at the center of the famous Times Square during your NYC honeymoon.
- Zoos: Animal lovers should spend a day during their New York honeymoon visiting one of the many zoos in the city.
- Botanic Gardens: If you visit during the summer, take a tour of a botanic garden for beautiful natural scenery.
- Rockefeller Center: Check out the city skyline view from the top of the Rockefeller.
- 9/11 Memorial: Pay tribute to this important event.
- Washington Square Park: A culturally rich site home to beautiful monuments.
- Empire State Building: No NYC honeymoon is complete without a trip to the top of the Empire State Building.
- Statue of Liberty: Take a boat during your New York honeymoon to get up close and personal with Lady Liberty herself.