Wedding Rentals and Photo Booth Cost GuideView Other Categories
- Average Event Rentals & Photobooths cost: $650
- Low cost: $130
- Most couples spend between: $400 and $1,000
- High cost: $2,000
Costs displayed in graph are based on spend from thousands of couples who recently reported pricing for this service within their WeddingWire review. Pricing varies based on factors including, but not limited to, vendor’s experience, level of expertise, event guest count, date, and geographic region.
How much do photo booths and other wedding rentals cost?
There are lots of different items that you can rent for your wedding, with photo booths being among the most popular and well-known. Photo booths provide a fun non-dancing activity for you and your guests—and the photos can double as favors as well! On average, most couples in the U.S. spend between $400 to $1,000 on wedding rentals, with photo booth starting prices coming in at about $550. Other event rentals you will likely need for your wedding include tables, chairs, dinnerware, and much more.
How do I rent a photo booth for my wedding?
There are a variety of ways to rent a photo booth. Some companies solely specialize in photo booth rentals, but you can also rent photo booths from certain larger event rental companies, or even DJ or photographers. We recommend researching this aspect of your wedding at least five months before your big day to ensure that you get the best photo booth prices. Read online reviews of photo booth and rental companies near you to learn more about other customers’ experiences with their weddings, and be sure to do your research on each company’s offerings and their wedding rental costs. Remember that you are renting your photo booth by the hour, so the more time you would like your photo booth to be present at your wedding, the higher your photo booth rental prices will be.
What photo booth items are available for rent?
Usually, a photo booth cost will include the actual photo booth and an attendant, plus setup and breakdown. However, there are other related items and accessories that your photo booth rental cost may include or can be added on as an additional fee. Your photo booth company may also offer the following extras:
- Custom backdrops
- CD or DVD of all images
- Flip books
- Props (these include masks, signage, and more)
- Social media integration (this allows you and your guests to easily post your photo booth images on social media platforms like Instagram or Facebook!)
What are some typical wedding rentals?
Some wedding venues may include rentals like tables, chairs, china, etc. in their packages. However, some do not—or you may not love your venue’s offerings. In these cases, booking a wedding rental company is a must. Wedding rental companies tend to offer a wider selection of items so that you can find tables, chairs, linens, and more that fit your wedding theme and style. Of course, remember that renting high-end, specialty, or custom items for your wedding can add to your wedding rental costs. Some of the items you will need for your wedding that can be rented are:
- Dance floor
- Linens (tablecloths, napkins, chair covers, etc.)
- Audio/visual equipment
- Vases and other vessels
How much does it cost to rent a wedding tent?
If you’re hosting a wedding in an outdoor space, a tent may be a necessity — both for your guests’ comfort and in case of inclement weather. There are many companies that specialize in tent rentals, and the average cost of a tent rental varies widely, but the average starting price for a tent rental in the U.S. is $300.
How much does it cost to rent a wedding altar?
Renting a special altar for your wedding can add a unique touch and personality to your ceremony. Many wedding rental companies offer altars and arches, as well as chuppahs and mandaps. In the U.S., the average starting price for an altar or arch is $75.
How much does it cost to rent wedding reception tables?
There are a variety of different wedding reception tables to choose from, depending on your wedding style and the types tables your venue can accommodate. While round tables are the most common, square and long rectangular tables are also options. The average starting price for wedding reception tables in the U.S. is $8 per table.
How much does it cost to rent wedding chairs?
Renting wedding chairs may seem pretty straightforward but there are actually lots of chair options available. From standard folding chairs to elegant Chiavari chairs, modern ghost chairs, rustic cross-back chairs and more, you have many options when it comes to wedding chairs, both from a style perspective and cost. In the U.S., the average starting price for wedding chair rentals is $2 per chair.
Is labor included in wedding rental costs?
Most of the time, labor is included in your wedding rental contract. Delivery people from your rental company will handle delivery, setup, and clean up at your venue. Be sure to discuss timing with your venue to make sure that your rental company delivers your rental items at the right time, leaving enough time to properly set up—and allowing your wedding florist to decorate your space as well. And don’t forget to tip your delivery staff. We recommend giving $5 to $20 per person to your delivery team, and be sure to write an online review for a rental or photo booth company for a job well done.
What are some questions to ask a wedding rental company?
When researching wedding rental companies, it’s important to find professionals who not only have fabulous rental offerings but who you like and trust. Here are a few questions to ask wedding rental companies:
- Have you worked in my venue before?
- Have you worked with my florist and/or caterer before?
- What types of rentals do you offer?
- Can I see your offerings in person at your showroom?
- Who will be on-site on my wedding day?
- Can you describe what setup and breakdown look like?
- Do you have rental suggestions for my venue and style?
What are some ways to save on wedding rental costs?
It’s very easy for your wedding rental costs to rise so be sure to keep track of your wedding rental costs before they become out of control. Fortunately, there are a few simple ways to save money on your wedding rentals without sacrificing style:
- Do your research: Talk to different wedding rental companies about their offerings, and their pricing. You may be able to find wide differences in pricing for the same items, or discounts.
- Book an all-inclusive venue: Venues like hotels and country clubs may offer all rentals in-house, which can help you avoid delivery and other additional charges.
- Give an accurate guest count: Make sure that your rentals company and venue have an accurate guest count in the days leading up to your wedding. You don’t want to pay for extra chairs, dishes, or glassware that you won’t end up using.
- Double-duty chairs: If your wedding ceremony and reception are being held in the same venue, see if you can use the same chairs for both ceremony and reception. If you go this route, your cocktail hour should be held in an entirely different part of your venue so that your vendors can easily move the chairs from one area to another.
- Limit the fancy linens: Fancy tablecloths (hello sequins!) can be very expensive, so if you’re on a tight budget, don’t use the super-expensive linens for every table. Instead, use the luxe table coverings for your escort card table or sweetheart table only, or mix and match tablecloths so only a few of your tables have the super-pricey linens.