Widad's Couture Alterations

Houston, Texas View map Visit website

Local to Houston, Texas, family-owned bridal boutique Widad's Couture Alterations specializes in custom bridal gown alterations. With over 30 years of industry experience, and having trained with internationally recognized designers, owner and expert couture seamstress Widad is passionate about providing masterful alterations uniquely personalized to your needs, preferences, and wedding vision.

Widad's Couture Alterations can work with any fabric, style, beading, boning, bustle, and general detail complexity, leaving you with endless alteration opportunities. The boutique can perform simple hemming, resizing, recutting, and a complete restyling of a gown. Widad specializes in custom bustling, and can craft any combination of ballroom bustling, French bustling, Austrian bustling, under-bustling, sash bustling, and one or three point over-bustling. The boutique is also happy to work with bridal accessories ranging from veils to jackets.

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Bridesmaids
Flower Girls
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following items do you offer?

Veils

• Shelby
    Shelby B. Married on 09/25/2020

Highly Recommend

I brought my BHLDN wedding dress to Widad and she did amazing work on it! She is so sweet and truly cares about you and your big day. My dress turned out beautifully, thanks to Widad’s passion and expertise. She offered her advice, while always making you a part of the decision-making process for alterations. My dress was ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS for my big day and I am so thankful I brought it to Widad!
    Giselle C. Married on 08/01/2020

A-Line Wedding Gown

I was glad to see myself in the mirror on my wedding day. This made my day more special. Thanks for such a lovely dress.
    Kim C. Married on 02/15/2020

Amazing Seamstress

Widad accommodated my last minute request to meet with her. I wasn't aware that I was supposed to get my dress altered months before the wedding. I contacted Widad 2 weeks before my wedding and I needed alteration for my dress and my mom's dress.

When she agreed to alter our dresses, she explained why she charges the way she does. It was nice to hear in detail why some areas of my dress needed work and why some didn't need any work. She also explained the process of having multiple fittings. I love how straightforward she is. When I came in for my second fitting, she was done with my mom's dress and it fit her the way she wanted it to fit her. Widad base stitched 8 inches on my dress and made sure I was able to walk in it before she was gonna cut it. I felt safe leaving my dress with her. During my final fitting, my dress fit like a glove. I couldn't imagine anyone else altering my dress.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Something Blue Something Blue Wedding Dresses

Widad is an excellent seamstress who truly cares about each and every bride. Her attention to detail makes every gown perfect! She is a miracle-worker.

2309 Sheridan Street Houston, Texas, 77030
Location of (Widad's Couture Alterations)

Other vendors in Houston for your wedding