Widad's Couture Alterations Reviews

70 | Houston, TX

70 Reviews for Widad's Couture Alterations

Elizabeth Upah · Married on 01/19/2019

The best for bridal alterations

It was recommended to me by the dress boutique where I had purchased my gown to contact Widad for alterations and holy cow, what a recommendation it was! I'm in awe of her talent! She has such an eye for detail and what she did to my bustle was out of this world. She even offered to hang onto my dress for me until the day before the wedding so that she could have it pressed and ready to go. If you are looking for the right bridal alterations place, you will not regret choosing Widad!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Cory · Married on 07/28/2018

Do not go anywhere else!!! WIDAD IS AMAZING!!! She cares about YOU, your happiness, and your dress. She does such incredible work and her only goal is to make you as happy as possible. It was obvious that I was not just a way to make money for her. This is her passion, and she really cares about her brides. I originally went to another alterations shop, but they ended up almost ruining my dress in several places and told me they could not fix other issues. I won't go in to the details, but I called Widad (while crying inside the other alterations shop) and she told me I could come right over. It took a lot of work and a lot of her time (even though we had only a few weeks until the wedding). It took several appointments to fix all of the issues the other shop had created and Widad always made me feel welcome and comforted me that all would be okay. I was utterly devastated when the other shop ruined my dress (thought I would need to get a new one), and Widad worked a MIRACLE. She made it look absolutely beautiful!! I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She does all the work herself. I originally went to the other shop because of pricing, but cost more in the end to get all the issues fixed. Every. single. penny. you will pay Widad will be more than worth it! For such an important aspect of your big day, Widad is the one you should trust!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Taylor · Married on 11/11/2017

Widad did a fantastic job with my dress! It was a two piece and I had to have a few things done to the chest as well as hemming and bustling. I loved working with her, she is a very sweet lady! I highly recommend her for alterations!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Carson · Married on 06/03/2017

Widad was so pleasant to work with. She is a perfectionist when it comes to altering a dress. My dress fit perfect on my wedding day thanks to Widad.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Megan · Married on 01/07/2017

Widad is amazing and so sweet! She altered my dress to fit me perfectly and the bustle is beautiful. Yes, she is expensive--but you get what you pay for, which is high quality. My mom enjoyed Widad so much from my appointments that she actually brought her dress in to be tailored. Widad is very attentive and knows what she is doing. Overall, this was a great experience and I highly recommend Widad!!

Sent on 01/01/2017

Kenna · Married on 07/16/2016

There is nobody else that I would have trusted to fix up my wedding dress but Widad! She is a genius who has been creating and altering dresses since she was a teen. My beaded dress was at least 5 inches too long and too big in the chest area. Widad took the time to show me options to alter it and made sure I understood and was comfortable before she did any changes. To top it off, she is hilarious and a joy to be around. Go see her!

Sent on 07/27/2016
  • FinalCountdown

Karina · Married on 06/30/2016

I would highly recommend Widad because she does beautiful, quality work. She has been doing bridal alterations for many years and she did a beautiful job with my wedding dress. She worked with me based on my schedule for fittings and the end result is beautiful. She cares about quality right down to the tiniest details. I was hesitant to trust anyone to alter my dress but it was in the best hands with Widad. I would recommend her to any of my engaged friends who are looking for someone who does beautiful work.

Sent on 06/10/2016
  • O

Olbelina · Married on 04/29/2016

I don't have enough good things to say about Widad. She did a great job.
    My dress was as much as 8 inches too large in some places and she made it fit perfectly. I had a sweetheart with a lace overlay and didn't have to wear a bra or pull it up once all day.
    The alterations process was very upsetting to me since it was so extensive but Widad was very nice and understanding.
    Her years of experience are obvious in her work.

Sent on 05/19/2016

Every single wonderful review for Widad is true! My daughter lives out of town and Widad accommodated a difficult fitting schedule. She treated my daughter as her own. The dress had multiplke layers of lace which needed to be removed to alter the dress. Widad made sure each detail was perfect. My daughter was comfortable all night in the dress and it stayed in place after hours of dancing. Widad is a gifted dressmaker and seamstress. We are grateful we found her and give her our highest recommendation.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Ashlyn · Married on 10/03/2015

Widad did an amazing job altering my wedding gown, which included creating the bustle for a very unique and difficult train. She does excellent work and is very easy to communicate with. Even though I live in Austin, the drive to Houston and back for several fittings was more than worth it given the outcome. People could not stop talking about how amazing my dress looked, and were amazed at how she made the back of the dress look like a miniature version of the original train once it was bustled. Look no further if you are in need of alterations - Widad is definitely the best!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Leslie · Married on 09/26/2015

I absolutely love the work that Widad did with my dress. It fit like a glove and was perfect. The dress stayed in place all night and was the perfect length to dance the night away!! The service was great and the time frame was perfect. I would not change a thing!! Thank you again for being a part of my special day!! Thanks again!!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Widad did SUCH a wonderful job on my weddinng dress! Built an entire sleeve and shoulder for my dress and did it flawlessly! I highly recommend her for any alteration. She is so nice and will do what is best for your dress with you in mind. Such a pleasant experience with top of the line results.

Sent on 06/10/2015

I had a WONDERFUL experience with Widad. I bought my wedding dress at a resale shop and while it had never been worn (came from a bridal store that closed), there were some adjustments that needed to be made to the size and length. Additionally, my wedding date was 2 months out and I was concerned that the time frame would be tight. Widad did an amazing job of providing the services that I absolutely needed and providing suggestions that would save me money. Specifically, she suggested a show style that would not make a hem adjustment needed. This was a savings of $450!!

She also made multiple small changes and steamed my dress and veil free of charge. These little things really do make the wedding planning experience memorable.

Widad is trustworthy, very kind, caring and passionate about what she does. She is honest, compassionate and very knowledgeable with alterations. I could not have asked for better results and cannot WAIT to wear my perfectly beautiful dress this weekend!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Sharna · Married on 02/21/2015

With only a couple of weeks to go, I needed a bustle put in my dress. Widad suggested an appropriate bustle, and did an excellent job altering the dress. Very patient and detail oriented.

Sent on 04/24/2015

Kirby · Married on 01/10/2015

I just had my final fitting with Widad and I am MORE than satisfied. I live two hours away from Houston, so I was often running late for my appointments with Widad. She was very understanding and cooperative about this. But aside from that, she is very professional, punctual, and passionate about her job. She definitely knows what she is doing and is very trustworthy.
    I have nothing but great things to say about working with her and will continue to recommend her to people I know. Well worth the two hour drive!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Widad is AMAZING!! She basically remade two separate dresses I purchased into one stunning gown. No one could believe it had once been two dresses. She was very welcoming and kind. Her work is truly exceptional!

Sent on 01/11/2015

When I got my dress in after ordering I was devastated, it didn't fit the way I wanted to at all. I took my dress to Widad and she worked a miracle! She turned my worst nightmare into my dream dress. She is the best and I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 09/11/2014

She did an amazing job!!! So talented and fun to work with! I'd highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 03/06/2015

Kelly · Married on 08/30/2014

I took my all lace dress to Widad, and I needed it to be hemmed, taken in, and a sash sewn on. The dress had two layers, and I was extremely nervous that the lace would be ruined in the alteration process. Widad did an excellent job, and completely put my nerves at ease!!!! She was welcoming and so friendly every time I went for a fitting, and never made me worry about how my dress would turn out. My dress ended up fitting absolutely perfectly, and the lace was just as beautiful as it was the day I bought the dress-I know it must have taken Widad forever to take off and re-sew all that lace!!!! The other thing that I loved about Widad was the way she did the bustle on my dress...it never had to be readjusted during my wedding reception, and it completely prevented anyone from stepping on/ripping my dress. Thank you so much for all you did Widad, my dress turned out amazing, and I would recommend you to anyone looking for someone to trust their wedding dress with!!!

Sent on 09/20/2014

I had a heirloom wedding dress made of silk that my grandmother wore in the 1930's, my mother in the 1970's and I was hoping to wear. My mother was 5'2" and 120 pounds when she wore the dress which was form fitting with full length sleeves for her December wedding. I am 5'8" and 140 pounds having an August wedding. We were both very nervous on how we would be able to try and alter this dress to a more modern design but still maintain the integrity of it's characteristics through the generations.

Widad was the perfect fit! From the first day we went in for our fitting, it was one of the easiest decisions I made to go with her to alter the dress. She had such an appreciation for the fabric, the style, and my hopes for the dress. She quickly provided numerous options on how to make the dress fit my body type keeping in mind it's delicate nature and the modesty necessary for the occasion while acknowledging the hot summer weather. She had expert recommendations on where to obtain additional fabric to match the dress giving specific recommendations on type, finish and style for us to find. She knew the importance of the dress and saved every bit of trimmed fabric so that I could create something special for my sisters as well from the remnants. She really makes a point to get to know you personally and by the time we were finished, she felt like family! I tend to blindly trust people and my mother not as much, but even my mother immediately felt at home and comfortable with Widad. The cost, considering the sentimental value and importance that it be done right the first time, was worth every penny. She even created a bustle in the thin silk fabric that worked perfectly for function without being too obtrusive or apparent. She took the time with my MOH and bridesmaids to ensure that everyone knew exactly what to do to help it be perfect and had practice sessions to be sure that on the day of the wedding it would be as perfect as if she was there doing it!

Sent on 02/05/2015

Neri · Married on 07/20/2014

Widad is amazing! I went to her after my dress was ruined by another alterations place, and she saved my DRESS!!! Not only did she alter everything into perfection, she made it look even more beautiful. She treated my dress with care, something that was not done by the previous place, she also made me feel very special. She is very kind and is great at what she does! Thank you so much for your help Widad.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Kayla · Married on 03/15/2014

Widad has an amazing story of how she began sewing. It was a story that made me respect her so incredibly much. She is a kind-hearted, genuinely caring woman who wants to do everything possible to give her brides their dream fit wedding dress! She is one of the most hardworking and dedicated women that I have ever met. She is so talented and give her life to bringing brides joy. I trust her to do absolutely anything to a dress! She is brilliant, efficient, and generous. She made my dress more perfect than I could have imagined. She can work with any type of material antique or modern (my gown was intricate lace and had beading from the waist up). I recommend her to any bride looking to make their dress perfect! SHE IS THE BEST! :)

Sent on 02/18/2014

Ashley · Married on 03/15/2014

I would recommend Widad 100% to absolutely anyone. Her workmanship was superb! The bodice of my dress was solid beading, which made it hard to work with. She made every alteration perfectly, making my dress fit just right. She was wonderful at explaining exactly what she was doing and why, and at giving suggestions on what alterations should be made. She always asked how I felt about what she was about to do as well, just to make sure I was ok with the changes.

Widad was kind, quick to respond and reliable. I would not take a gown to anyone but her because you are guaranteed a quality service!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Widad is amazing! This was my second experience working with her, but my first as a bride. I met Widad about a year ago when I attended my sister-in-law's dress fittings and I could tell that Widad was extremely detail oriented. She is so personable and friendly. I loved both times that I was there and appreciated that she took extra time to make sure that I knew how to properly bustle the dress for my sister-in-law's wedding. Fast forward a year and I became the bride-to-be. I bought my dress in Atlanta at Bridal's By Lori (featured on TLC Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta), but I needed to get it altered in Houston where the wedding would take place. I was fortunate enough to purchase my dress during a Rivini trunk show and got to personally work with Rivini's Fashion Director. I told him I needed alterations done in Houston and asked if he had any recommendations. He recommended Widad. I knew it was meant to be since I had already met her before. I still did my due diligence and took my dress to three other alterations places before my appointment with Widad, but I am SO glad that I decided to use her.

Widad took my dress that came in too big and made it fit like a glove. It was absolutely perfect! She also perfected my mom's dress by adding some detailing. She was extremely flexible in scheduling appointments that would work with my schedule since I live out of town and went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect and on schedule. She even stayed the night at her boutique during some icy weather to make sure that she would be there for her appointments the next day if client's decided to come in town.

My dress and my mom's dress (and one of my bridesmaids and the mother-of-the-groom) turned out fantastic. I would recommended Widad to anybody who needs alterations in Houston!

Sent on 03/04/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 02/08/2014

Widad is extremely skilled at what she does. My wedding gown had tons and tons of layers to be hemmed in addition to extremely delicate lace covering the neck and shoulders that needed to tailored to fit me perfectly. She also created a french bustle that was color-coded (not visible on the outside of the dress, of course) so that my maid of honor would be able to bustle my dress easily after the ceremony. Her handiwork was exquisite. She is a complete perfectionist and takes great pride in her work. I would trust her with the most delicate of wedding gowns. I don't have anything to compare in terms of price, but I can only imagine the countless hours she spent perfecting my gown, so I would say it was worth every penny.

Sent on 02/28/2014