683 mt hermon church rd, Elizabeth City, NC 27909 Map · Phone number

About Who Wants Cake?

Rachel and Roberto Pizano are the proud owners/operators of the small Cakery who saw a need
for a more modern and fun cake supplier in the area. After six years of doing this as a hobby it
came clear what needed to be done. "Who Wants Cake?" was officially open for business in July
of 2006. At "Who Wants Cake?" we offer a line of cakes from dessert to wedding. No matter how big or
small each cake is made with the same high quality standards.

"Our Mission is to offer our customers beautiful, freshly baked, high quality cakes at an affordable
price for their happy occasion."

weddingwire
weddingwire
WhoWantsCakesealBW
Brownandwhiteweddingcake
Who Wants Cake?

3 Reviews for Who Wants Cake?

Audra · Married on 06/23/2017

I've had two cakes from Rachel and have been blown away by the quality! The chocolate cake was the most delicious cake...actually the most delicious dessert I've ever had...and I'm a dessert fan. A few years later, I ordered a white buttercream for my mother's birthday. This is my mother's favorite kind of cake and one of the reasons she loves being invited to weddings! Rachel outdid herself! My mother took one bite and cried. She was overwhelmed and overjoyed and kept saying, "I just feel like you love me so much!" "This is the best cake I've ever tasted!" Hats off to Rachel for a phenomenal job. Going to any other cake maker is a waste of your time.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Karina · Married on 05/29/2010

Friendly and so professional. They were fantastic listeners and knew exactly what we wanted and went above and beyond memorial day weekend to deliver our wedding cake. We are soo Fortunate to have found them and even luckier that they were able to make our wedding cake. The cake was so delicious and our guests kept telling us how good it was..not too sweet and rich and tastefully decorated!!Thank you sooo much for playing an essential part on our wedding day. We really appreciate all of your efforts!!!!

Sent on 03/18/2011

Tara · Married on 05/23/2009

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

Rachel made me a beautiful cake, but I wanted it pearlized and it was not. The flavor of the cake was however delish! To be fair to her my cake was massive and very unique, but I was a little disappointed that it was not pearlized, I think that would have really made it pop- She also got to the site after my guests started arriving which made me a little nervous as to whether or not I had a cake and it took away from the "ready" feel of the event. The cake was very unique and the flavors she offers were great.

Sent on 07/16/2009

Who Wants Cake?'s reply:

When creating this clients cake we DID pearlize the cake. The cake was sprayed using a pealizing spray. In the process of spraying the cake we quickly realized that spaying the cake as much as the client would have liked washed out the color and made the blue design look grey. I didnt want to wash the blue color out because, the color was one which the bride specifically asked to be used to match her decor. Spraying the cake heavily with pealizing spray, as originally planned, would have completely changed the hue and tone of the blue decor. Because of the reception location and the lighting in the hall the light mist of pealize was hard to see however the cake was sprayed.
    Unfortunately due to intricate design, hand carved layers, and sheer large size of the wedding cake we did arrive later then we normally like to arrive to the reception site. Her guest were arriving for the wedding however the wedding cake was in place and finished before the wedding or reception began completed and absolutely beautiful.

Who Wants Cake? FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide? Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery, Setup
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography Wedding Planners

Who Wants Cake LLC, is a family owned & operated business that our mutual brides have been Very Happy with!! Their cakes are not only delicious, but have a unique/beautiful look that we haven't seen by other local vendors, at a fraction of other's prices! We base our recommendations on who we would want to hire if it was our OWN wedding day-We highly recommend Who Wants Cake, LLC to all of our couples because we believe they also truly want the absolute best for our clients!!

• Keith Cephus Photography