Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Weddings by Thom

CREATIVE STORYTELLING THROUGH FINE ART & PHOTOJOURNALISM

About Me

• I love to laugh – and I love romance.
  • I am unapologetically sentimental.  Weddings,  still choke me up.
  •  take my job very seriously, but I am not a serious person.
  • I frequently dance poorly but with great enthusiasm.
  • My wife tells me I have the best job in the world. I agree with her. She is amazing. She makes me laugh, and challenges me to ‘be awesome’
  • I enjoy solving problems because for me it is not just about taking pictures.
  • I love telling visual stories. Let’s tell your story together

My Style

Candid. Natural. Authentic.

I want you to have amazing pictures and I believe the best photos come from moments that happen naturally.

Before the wedding day, I will work with you on your timeline, making sure we streamline the photo process so that you can spend most of your day enjoying yourself with your guests. During portraits, I will guide you through the process and talk to you so that you look your natural best and feel comfortable. The rest of the day – I let the events unfold, without interfering, and capture it as it happens.

My Story

As a small boy, I would sit for hours watching my mother Hand-color Portraits for a local photographer, during the cold winter months, by a fire in our family room. From watching, I began taking my own pictures with my first box camera.  Fast forward to a restless twenty-something working as a Microbiologist.  Taking weddings and portraits on weekends because that was a lot more fun.  Eventually, I graduated college with an M.A. in Photography and started out in Chicago, by assisting numerous photographers, shooting everything from oranges to weddings.  I have been fortunate to have worked all over the world.  Photography is more than a job, it’s an avocation, a passion,  it's what I do.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Digital Files (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Prints (1)
Proofs (1)

One thing that really stood out is that Thom really enjoyed doing the photography. He always cheerful, attentive and took every request with a smile. Also, he seemed to float in at every critical moment, always kept the bride, groom and wedding party center of attention and then floated out, a real artist. Thom was fun to talk to, energetic, courteous and probably the most professional photographer I have had the pleasure to meet.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Joe, 9/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I actually chose Thom based on his reviews and his relaxed journalistic style! He came highly recommended and definitely did not disappoint! I could not have been happier with a photographer. He was the photographer and not a service. I never had any trouble getting a hold of thom and he answered the million questions and concerns I had even within days of our wedding. Thom arrived early, which was fantastic! Throughout the day I never worried once, as he was capturing every moment in real time. I would highly recommend to anyone who wants professionalism, vision, and a genuine care and respect from their photographer. He took almost 2,000 pictures! Because of Thom’s flexibility and creativity, I have pictures from my wedding that I'm going to cherish for years to come. We had such a great time, he was professional and so casual, everything was easy and stress free. He was amazing!!

Profile Picture Alice, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Thom Hooke was a dream come true! He was such a pleasure to work with and made it so much fun for Us and everyone involved. Our photos were unbelievable! I have gotten so many compliments on them how we all look like we are having so much fun, and it's because we actually were! Instead of the typical posed candid shots where your told to be laughing and not looking at the camera, We really were laughing and having fun! That is because Thom was so fun and made all my girls so comfortable it was so enjoyable. You can truely see it in our photos. Thom was extremely dedicated he even showed up before we did at the venue and had already scouted the whole place. I'm usually not one to show off pictures of myself or even post much on social media, but I can't help myself with these photos. I have shown them off so much and the reactions are so incredible! We could not be happier with our experience with Hooke photo and I recommend him one hundred percent.

View Vendor Response