Warrenton, VA 20188 Map · Phone number

About Weddings by Calla, LLC

Weddings by Calla offers complete wedding and event planning services, with over 15 years of experience in Northern Virginia and Washington DC. Calla brings a level of sophistication to every event. She works to design events that incorporate each client's unique style with tradition. No matter what the occasion, she will take great care to meet your needs, budget, and exceed expectations to design a fabulous event for you and your guests!

5bee8dca5dd77b1a 1524852391 609775d0a5e58ef1 1524852390 0daec8d546454ea8 152485
Wedding recession
5bee8dca5dd77b1a 1524852391 609775d0a5e58ef1 1524852390 0daec8d546454ea8 152485

17 Reviews for Weddings by Calla, LLC

Emily · Married on 06/18/2016

Calla was our day-of wedding coordinator for our wedding in Washington, DC in June 2016. She was AMAZING!

She was there every step of the way & very accessible via e-mail. She offered suggestions & asked questions we wouldn’t think to ask other vendors. There was a meeting we had w/ the venue, caterer & florist and a lot of information was exchanged during it. She took notes so I could listen and ask questions. That was extremely helpful. During the last few weeks leading up to the wedding, there were A LOT of small details to decide on. She guided us through all of it & put together a detailed timeline to ensure we were able to do the things we wanted to accomplish during our special day.

She was responsible for putting together the gift, cake & escort card tables along with other items on the guest tables. We provided her with our vision of how we thought the tables should be set up. When we walked into the venue and saw how everything was arranged – it was better than we ever imagined!

There was one point during the reception where we ran longer than usual, thereby cutting into the dancing we had planned to do for the remainder of the evening. She offered suggestions of things to cut out (i.e. garter removal/toss) in order to allow us to catch up. She remained calm and collected throughout the entire day. It was so nice to know that you had someone like Calla in your corner in case something went wrong and she would be able to resolve it without involving members of your wedding party.

After our wedding, Calla called us to inform that our wedding cake was left behind at the venue. She went above and beyond --- kindly took the cake home with her to store in her fridge and we made arrangements the next day to meet her to pick up the cake.

My husband and I highly recommend Calla Carver – you will not be disappointed and she will help make your special day go flawlessly!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/06/2015

With only 2 1/2 months to go before my big day, I came to the huge realization that there was no way I was going to be able to handle all of the wedding planning on my own. Calla came as a recommendation from my DJ/Lighting company and from the very first email, I knew she was the perfect fit! Immediately I felt comfortable with her and she reassured me that she was there to put my worries at ease. She was ready to jump head first into the craziness and she truly did an amazing job. Even to the point where I completely forgot (the night of the rehearsal) to mark the name cards with meal choices and Calla told me not to worry, that she would take care of it, PHEW! So happy I found Calla and I hope that you all have the pleasure of working with her too!

Sent on 06/26/2015

susan · Married on 09/22/2012

Calla did such a great job with our wedding! We hired her to coordinate things on the day of, which she handled with ease-- but she was also available to meet beforehand, answered countless questions about whether one thing or another might work, provided suggestions on vendors and ideas, etc, etc, etc. Our caterer didn't come with a huge staff and Calla was able to procure a number of extra helping hands (as well as a great bartender) at a very reasonable cost and they were all very professional-- everything ran so smoothly it was like we'd practiced it a million times.

I think having someone there on your wedding day overseeing things (other than your mother!) so that you can relax and enjoy the day is priceless. Calla handled everything calmly and professionally and did everything we asked of her and more. I definitely highly recommend her services!

Sent on 01/09/2013

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Weddings by Calla, LLC FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What wedding events do you provide services for? Ceremony, Reception
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Cultural, Destination, Eco-Friendly, Military, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 3

• dolphindance photography
    dolphindance photography Banquet Halls

Calla was a pleasure to work with. She was nice and relaxed. Her personality fit in well with the wedding scene and helped to keep all involved happy.

• Ricky Chung Photography
    Ricky Chung Photography Wedding Photographers

Calla was wonderful. The event we did with her showed that she was communicative and very attentive to details. We had a wonderful experience working with her.

• GOOD NOTE DJs (Steve Hoffman)
    GOOD NOTE DJs (Steve Hoffman) Wedding DJs

I recently had the pleasure of DJ'ing at a wedding coordinated by Calla and was very much impressed by her. Since the ceremony and reception were on the same site, I saw her in action during all phases of the event, and she was great. She and her assistant were very detail-oriented, hard-working, and personable. She was great coordinating with the site and with other vendors such as myself. She also took the time to communicate regularly in advance with the other vendors to ensure everyone was on the same page. As an experienced wedding DJ, I've worked with a number of wedding coordinators, and she's one of the best I've seen.