wedding alterations by Mahtab

• Deborah's Bridal
  • Margaret's Cleaners

26 Reviews for wedding alterations by Mahtab

Bethany · Married on 05/19/2018

Mahtab was absolutely AMAZING to work with!! She is truly a master seamstress! I was terrified to get my dress altered because it was a Milla Nova designer dress that had incredibly intricate and delicate lace covering everything. It also had an illusion neckline that made my shoulders and neck appear to be bare. That fabric is a super delicate almost nylon that is super easy to rip. I got it from Canada and the bridal shop warned me that I needed someone who knew how to work with the lace and intricate details because it was so unique and hard to work with. I poured through wedding alteration websites looking for altered dresses that looked like mine and could find no one in Los Angeles or Orange County. Finally, I stumbled upon Mahtab and saw that previous reviewers had expressed similar situations and that Mahtab was the right person for the challenge. And they were one hundred percent correct!

From the moment I met Mahtab I could tell she was a true professional and put all of my worries at ease. She had me put on the dress and immediately saw what needed to be altered. I needed the shoulders tightened as well as the waist and needed a bustle. She was so efficient and quick.

When I came back for the second fitting she had fixed the shoulders which had been super hard because of the delicate see-through fabrics and had started work on the bustle. She made sure I knew how she was altering the dress to make the bustle work. She had to move flowers around to hide the button and clasps but she did it so artfully and it still looked beautiful. She guided my future mother-in-law on how to bustle it and made sure I was happy with the finished looked. The bustle was gorgeous and she really made the whole thing look effortless!

Mahtab made me feel so confident because the dress fit so well and I knew I would not have any dress slips! It fit me like a glove!

Sent on 06/12/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/11/2017

I LOVE MAHTAB! My dress came out PERFECTLY. I purchased a J Crew Luella dress and wanted to customize it by adding sheer sleeves. I made an appt and explained my vision and gave her photos. We had about 4 meetings in 4 months for sizing and make sure everything was going smoothly. The end result was exactly what I wanted. I was so happy. I received a TON of compliments on my dress and I owe it all to Mahtab for making it fit me like a glove and see my vision through.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Alice · Married on 08/20/2016

Mahtab is the BOMB! I brought my lace YolanCris gown in needing quite a bit of taking in and bustling. Being in the Fashion industry I was very wary of who I took such an intricate gown to for alterations. I was immediately put at ease the moment I met her. She is SO friendly and welcoming! She made it fit like a glove and you couldn't even tell she touched it! I highly recommend Mahtab to any bride needing alterations!

Sent on 09/08/2016

• Laguna Niguel, 92677 See on map
    Location of (wedding alterations by Mahtab)