Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

33 Reviews for Waters Edge

China (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)
Flatware (1)

0.5

I would give this place zero stars if I could. My husband and I had booked this place for a wedding venue before they switched ownership. The staff used to be very friendly and accommodating which is the main reason why we had chosen it.

Fast forward a few months, we go in for a tour and all of the signs have changed. Not a big deal- but come to realize that ownership had changed and no one had told us! We had a SIGNED contract with them, and they failed to tell us of the changes they had been making. When I try to reach out to our planner, a week goes by without response. We finally receive an email back from another woman, Jennifer, who apologized and had promised to inform us of ANY changes.

Later on, we find out that they are renovating, and making changes. Again, no one informs us. By this point we feel defeated and completely unimportant. For a couple paying thousands of dollars, this should not happen. It added so much stress to our wedding planning.

We make an appointment with Ed, the manager and he is very rude. He didn't see any problem and doesn't apologize for how they have inconvenienced us, instead makes us feel like we are the problem for demanding answers and change. Since they technically didn't break anything in the contract, it wasn't his problem. We told him we wanted to speak with the owner, and he constantly made excuses about how he was too busy or out of town.

At this point, we were completely fed up with the whole establishment. Even though it meant pulling out of a contract and losing $2,000, it was worth not having our wedding at such a terrible place.

Don't trust them with your money, it's not worth it.

Profile Picture sarah, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of getting married at a venue exactly like The Waters Edge. You simply cannot ask for a better setting/backdrop for your wedding. We dealt with Kathy for the most part and she is so accommodating, helpful, knowledgeable, etc. she listened to everything we wanted and added some suggestions which were amazing. P took care of everything for us by decorating the venue perfectly and making sure I had everything I needed all night. The food was INCREDIBLE. We come to the restaurant a lot and my husband and I love their calamari appetizer. Once they found that out, they gave my husband, myself and even my dad a plate at our dinner. It was a sweet extra touch on their behalf. Cocktail hour was amazing and dinner was equally as perfect. Our guests left full and in love with the food. Our dessert bar was a huge hit and people were lined up waiting. Besides Our cake they included a chocolate fountain with goodies and we added an additional ice cream bar which was totally worth it. Everything was perfect and we highly recommend this venue to everyone looking. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Alexa, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Cake, Event Planning, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

Water's Edge was a beautiful venue and my day was absolutely perfect. Kathy the maitre d was incredible. So organized and accommodating to my needs. We had a larger wedding so we need extra tables and chairs. The wait staff was very efficient and well mannered. I had a bridal attendant that brought me drinks all night and made sure I was taken care of amidst all the busy conservations and pictures. The food was excellent. Highly recommend the steak, crab cakes and lobster pasta.

My one issue was that we wanted to continue the party and have our guests meet us outside at the tiki bar after the wedding was over. The bar manager outside was not pleasant to deal with and explained it was an "unwritten rule" of his not to allow weddings outside after. Well, this is one of the reasons we chose the venue so we were a little dissapointed in how that was handled. Otherwise, everything was excellent.

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/25/17, 4 Reviews