Petaluma, CA 94954 Map · Phone number

About Volatile Photography

I'm a wedding and portrait photographer based in Sonoma County, within close reach to the city of San Francisco, the dramatic coastline and the admired Napa Valley. For over five years I've been photographing the lives of people in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am also available for travel worldwide, with experience in destination weddings and events. Clients most recognize my candid imagery and attention to detail. The unnoticed moments I capture help them cherish everything about their wedding day, event or life experience. I offer a wide variety of packages and products, and can accommodate both the film and digital lover. While weddings are my focus, I also love providing artistic portraiture, romantic engagements and intimate maternity photos. No matter what I may be shooting, my heart and soul is always poured into it from start to finish. Currently, I reside in Petaluma with my cat Cleo and my dog Lewey. When I'm not busy with a camera, you'll probably find me outdoors enjoying my other passion: Mother Nature.

Follow Volatile Photography on

JenDeanBlog21
radhikalove
ruffled9

21 Reviews for Volatile Photography

Kristy of Volatile Photography is truly the best photographer a person could ever dream of. Kristy exceeded every expectation I had. She quickly responded to every email I sent her. She was extremely helpful in answering all the questions I had about the wedding day and I trusted all the feedback she gave me. She was flexible and understanding through the entire planning process. She took time to come to the wedding venue the night before at the rehearsal to get familiar with everybody in the wedding party and family members whom she would be shooting the following day. She scouted the best locations for pictures and made sure everything was set with the venue coordinator. She did all of this in such a natural and comfortable way that I was completely confident about the wedding day. The day of the wedding, she arrived early and was extremely helpful in keeping the time schedule we had planned. She managed all of my family and bridal party in such a professional and easy going way that not only were we able to get all the shots we wanted, but everyone enjoyed every moment of the process. Kristy is fun and makes everyone feel comfortable having their picture taken. During the ceremony and after, Kristy fit in so easily to every situation and never interrupted a single moment, although each important moment was captured. And then came the photographs. I will never be able to do justice in words the beauty of my wedding pictures. I have hundreds of stunning images that capture the love, emotion, fun, and beauty that was present at my wedding. There are so many candid pictures of the most meaningful moments of that day that I will be able to treasure forever.

I am eternally grateful for Kristy and all of the photographs I have of my special day. She is simply the best there is.

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2012

I can't say enough good things about Volatile Photography! Kristy is wonderful to work with.

We had (unfortunately) used a different photographer for our engagement photographs and found it to be a somewhat uncomfortable experience. So we went to our wedding coordinator to ask for help finding a photographer for the wedding day that we could enjoy working with.

Thank goodness that led us to Kristy! She is very responsive, very professional, and really was great to work with on our wedding day. The photo packages she offers are wonderful - we were so thanksful for great options!

Our wedding photographs are so beautiful, they just put a huge smile on my face - and my husbands! Looking through them it was like reliving every aspect of the day all over again - she exceeded our expectations and we would absolutely recommend her to everyone!!

Lindsey · Married on 02/18/2012

We simply don't have enough words to express our thanks to Kristy. She was such an absolute joy to work with, from start to finish. My husband and I had a relatively limited budget for photography, but Kristy worked with us to make sure we could capture our wedding for the right price. She also shot our engagement session, which was a fantastic way to get to know her, and get comfortable in front of her camera (plus we got some killer photos out of the deal). When it came time to shoot our wedding, Kristy came through to capture all our special moments even though she had a the challenge of shooting our wedding on a truncated schedule. When my husband and I sat down to review all the beautiful photos, there was one after the other "frame-worthy" photograph--we didn't just have a few good shots--we had a whole photo album full of them! Kristy truly captured our happiness, while also bringing out the best of both of us (and our friends and family). She’s a lovely, warm individual who clearly has a passion for what she does, and we'd work with her again in a heartbeat.

Volatile Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,200.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 5,500.00
  • What photography services do you offer? Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs

• Glass Coat Photo Booth, Inc.
    Glass Coat Photo Booth, Inc. Photo Booths

I have worked with Kristy many times at numerous weddings and besides her professionalism on the day of ,I really love the fact that she is truly having the time of her life too. She really enjoys her work and it shows on your special day as well as in the images. I also got married myself in 2015 and hired Kristy to shoot our very simple wedding at City Hall. She delivered some amazing photos and everyone had a blast doing what most of them hate doing which is posing for photographs, including my bride. But Kirsty got us all through it and made it a fun experience. If I had 3 thumbs I would give 3 thumbs up! -Graham

• AE Pictures Inc.
    AE Pictures Inc. Wedding Photographers

When I think of wedding photography, Kristy always comes to mind first. She is one of the most dedicated photographers I've met. Her passion for weddings is a close second to her stunning photographs of them. I can't recommend her enough!

• Hotel Los Gatos
    Hotel Los Gatos Hotel Weddings

Volatile is a truly incredible photography company, quirky, fun and always up on the latest trends. We love you! Thanks for always being so wonderful!!

• Petaluma, CA 94954 See on map