24 Reviews for Visual Image Photography

After shopping around quite a bit, we hired VIP and Karl Boettcher for our wedding photography. Their pricing is extremely competitive and we did not feel pressured to purchase anything we did not directly ask for.

We met with our photographer once before the wedding. He went over our locations and was very thorough in meeting our needs, feeling us out as people, and coming up with great ideas. Karl was flexible and willing to give advice, but not press his opinion. Come wedding day he was prompt and very cordial and patient to all our guests. Many remarked on his uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time.

He found gorgeous places to take photos, (even better than my wife had thought up, and she is from the area!) and became our right hand at the reception. Karl remained patient and taking great photos until the agreed upon end time, and he made sure to check with us before he intended to leave.

His return of our wedding day photos was speedy, despite July 4th falling quickly after our date, and they are superb. We have so many beautiful photos we're a little puzzled as to how we'll display them all!

Profile Picture John, 6/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

VIP is the best photo place ever. They take great pictures and I would use them again.

Profile Picture User2974046, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
4.1

I had such high expectations for my wedding pictures and there were several moments/pictures on my list that were not captured and I looking back, I probably should have booked with someone else with more of a photojournalistic style.

Before the wedding, I sent Bob a list of several pictures and types of pictures that I would have wanted to seen, but there were several moments and must have shots that were not captured;
--Our "first" kiss at the alter
--Designated pictures of the ring exchange (or at least posed later on)
--AT LEAST ONE picture of the groomsmen together with everyone's eyes open
--A picture of the entire bride's family with the groom in it (like, really?)
--A picture with the entire immediate family
--A normal picture of the bride and groom at the head table (Groom's eyes were closed)
--and others

VIP was nice in providing a "picture book" which I had not expected but all the pictures are TINY and there were several pictures included in the book that took up space and didn't make sense (pictures of the clouds? or pictures of pictures?)

Also, NONE of the pictures were edited (hair right in the middle of the bride's face, eyes closed, and etc.). For what we purchased, I had expected some professional editing to be done OR for Bob to have at least showed me some of the pictures on the day of the event so that I could have had the chance to ask for a different pose or for me to tell him that I didn't like the way that my dress was set up & etc. A lot of the angles he took were kind of awkward.

Profile Picture Alison, 6/1/13, 7 Reviews