Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Upstate Sounds

"Your Day, Your Sound"

It's the day you've always dreamed about.  The one day that countless hours of planning and rehearsing go into.  The one day where everything needs to be perfect.  It's your day.  Get your sound.

Here at Upstate Sounds, we understand how nerve-racking the "big day" can really be.  Entertainment for your wedding has a large impact on how memorable your special day will be.  So why settle for anything less than the best?  Our entertainers have years of experience on making this day something your guests will remember for years to come.  We let our clients customize the entire event for the evening, so things go exactly as planned.

Are you looking for a special touch of elegance for your wedding?  Do you want your guests to dance the night away on your special day?  No matter what you're looking for, Upstate Sounds can help you make your day the way you always dreamed it would be.  Feel free to contact us to schedule a free consultation.  We want to learn more about you and what you're looking for, so we can tell you about everything Upstate Sounds has to offer.  You can also use our online Client Area to select music requests, and access planning forms.  We will also meet with you again before the wedding to go over every detail, so the day goes PERFECT.

It's your wedding, and you deserve professionalism from your entertainer.  We look the part, as we always wear tuxedos for formal events.  We coordinate with your photographer, videographer, caterer, and other professionals, so you can relax on a day where you deserve to.  Our equipment setup features top of the line sound from Bose and spectacular dancefloor lighting.  We don't believe in displaying any gaudy company banners like other entertainers do.  This day is all about YOU, and Upstate Sounds understands that.

Upstate Sounds offers competitive rates on wedding packages. With our experience, combined with an unmatched attention to detail, you can be rest assured that your wedding will be special, unique, and as memorable as it deserves to be.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Consultation (6)
Photobooth (5)
One Event Per Day (4)
Uplighting (4)

I don't think I can say enough about how great Jay was and how amazing it was to work with him. He had the perfect balance of being a true expert in this field yet still knew how to have a great time. He was very thorough in helping us plan for the big day which I appreciated because he was both very willing to listen to what we wanted but also brought a lot of great ideas to the table that made the wedding something extra special. I also definitely appreciated that Upstate Sounds has an online portal where you can browse songs and a do a lot of your selections there, which really made the process stress free. The day of he played a great set, really listened to what the crowd wanted but also had a great variety of songs - never a boring moment. Best part, he even got out there and danced with some of the guest, teaching people how to dance to some of the songs which my guests are still raving about. The dance floor was never empty and that was in large due to him. If you want to have a party your guests will always remember book Upstate Sounds for sure, Jay was the best!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/30/17, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Upstate Sounds provided DJ, uplighting, and photo booth services for our wedding and we could not be happier with all they did to help make our wedding a fun and memorable experience for us and all of our guests. We worked with Jason as our DJ and Ed for the photo booth. Both were incredibly easy to work with, very responsive to messages, and more than willing to accommodate any requests we had. The entire process was seamless and stress free, which is exactly what you want when planning a wedding. Having not been to many weddings, Jason helped walk us through a rundown of the entire evening and night, and helped answer so many questions that we felt clueless about ahead of time. He put us both at ease and we both felt confident that Jason would do an incredible job, and he definitely did not disappoint! Our guests were up on the dance floor and having a great time before we even cut the cake! Jason created a really fun environment for everyone, which is exactly what we told him we wanted. We wanted people to be dancing and enjoying themselves, and that's exactly what Jason did. Not only that, but the photo booth run by Ed had our guests entertained all night. He created a film strip template that was perfect for our theme and provided tons of fun props for people to use. Based on the pictures he provided us with afterward, it was clear that all of our guests loved the photo booth and had a really good time posing for pictures. Overall, Jason and Ed had a huge influence in making our wedding the fun, perfect night that it was, and we are forever grateful for all they have done for us!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jay was absolutely amazing to work with. The minute he answered my inquiry email, I know he was the DJ for us. He was organized, professional, responsive, personable and so easy to work with it. He allows you to make the day what you want and helps guide you. Every single silly/crazy request I had he made happen including taking his equipment up to the top of mountain by chairlift.
The dance floor was packed. He was good at reading the crowd and even better at reading my eyes!!
His brother, Ed ran my photo booth. One of the best photos booth around! It was large enough for a crowd of people. The props were amazing. The photo quality was great. All my non dancers had a blast in it! My only regret is that my husband and I didn't get in the booth together! I was too busy on the dance floor!
Highly recommend both of them!!

Profile Picture Kristy, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System

Upstate Sounds Pricing