Upstate Sounds Reviews

97 Reviews for Upstate Sounds

• Juan Molina

Aracelly · Married on 07/09/2021

Amazing work

Jay did an amazing job, and kept everyone dancing all night.

Sent on 07/12/2021

Sarah · Married on 10/23/2020

Professional and Affordable

When I was searching for entertainment for my wedding, I wanted DJ that would be able to keep people dancing but didn't try to steal the show. Jay made sure the night was truly ours and kept the focus on making our day perfect. When I first spoke with him, he answered all my questions and was very professional. The planning tools on the website helped us figure out songs for different parts of the reception, even ones I didnt initially think of. We met on Zoom beforehand to go over everything and Jay was great at keeping things running smoothly the day of, like getting us lined up for introductions and letting me know when something was going on. Jay was a pleasure to work with and I would recommend him to anyone looking for an experienced DJ for their wedding.

Megan L. · Married on 10/03/2020

Kept the Dance Floor Filled!

Jason Seeberger DJed our wedding and we had a great time at our reception thanks to him. We had to cut our guest list down due to COVID, but you would never have known because there were people on the dance floor all night (socially distanced, of course). He had a great mix of all the hits and played every song we wanted to hear. He met all our requests and was just perfect. Thank you for making our wedding memorable!

Kimberly · Married on 09/19/2020

Thank you!!!

We had Jason for our wedding and we had a blast!!! Even though our guest list was smaller, Jason kept people up on the dance floor all night long. I would recommend Upstate Sounds to anyone looking for a fun DJ for their wedding! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 12/30/2020

Marissa S. · Married on 08/08/2020

Flexible and Affordable DJ!

After having to reschedule our wedding due to the pandemic, we wound up having a smaller reception with restrictions. Jay was so flexible with helping us reschedule to the new date and was so helpful throughout the process. He had great suggestions for ceremony songs and we loved his website that let us make song requests. Our wedding was a bit different than expected, but we still had a great time and Jay is partially to thank for it!

Sent on 12/30/2020

Andrea H. · Married on 04/11/2020

Upstate Sounds

My fiance and I were set to have Jay Rozell for our wedding in April but needed to cancel due to COVID. He was very understanding and allowed us to book another date in the future if we decide to have the reception later. We met in late February to go over details for the day and Jay was so helpful. We loved how we could enter songs into the website and rank our favorite songs to hear even a do not play list.

• Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 09/14/2019

10/10 Event DJ

Jason was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. We had a fairly non traditional wedding reception, but he completely understood our needs and wants AND made sure everyone had a great time. I couldn’t have been more pleased having him be a part of our event.

Sent on 09/15/2019

Maria · Married on 06/01/2019

Jay was awesome!

Jay was so great I can’t say enough about how experience was! He took care of everything and was extremely organized which I loved. He gave me a whole rundown of how the day was going to go before it even happened so I knew exactly what to expect. He was so wonderful to plan with and he made everything so easy for me not to mention the music was great everyone had an awesome time! I would highly recommend Upstate Sounds!!!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Jory H. · Married on 11/17/2018

Fantastic DJ Experience

Jason was an absolute pleasure to work with and was an incredible DJ for our wedding. He kept us on track while never feeling like he was pressuring us. Would 100% recommend to anyone looking for a DJ for their special event.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Hailey · Married on 11/03/2018

11.3.18 amazing wedding

We can not say enough about how amazing Jason was for our wedding! He was on top of everything, he was there to help up from meetings to the wedding day! He kept all of our guests on the dance floor, when it was over everyone was so upset! Everyone keeps complimenting us on how great of a Job Jason did! We would recommend upstate sounds and Jason to anyone! My sister is using him next December for her wedding! Don’t miss out Jason is a blast!!!!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/29/2018

Upstate sounds (Jason) was amazing he played all kinds of music and played every request we asked for he was very interactive and I would definitely recommend upstate sounds if you need a dj book them!!!’

Sent on 09/30/2018

Scott · Married on 09/01/2018

Upstate Sounds (and Jason in particular) were excellent to work with. We heard nothing but compliments about the music selection and he also helped make sure everything ran smoothly, from the ceremony to the toasts. The fee was entirely reasonable and the quality was excellent--we would recommend Jason to anyone.

Sent on 09/04/2018

David · Married on 05/11/2018

Jason was absolutely amazing! He worked with us before the event and provided some great suggestions on songs to help us out with the ceremony. He had everyone on the dance floor all night with the music, won't use anyone else! It was like having your best friend who knows you DJ the wedding. The evening went smooth in part due to Jason's expertise. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a true professional.

Sent on 05/25/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/30/2017

Upstate Sounds provided DJ, uplighting, and photo booth services for our wedding and we could not be happier with all they did to help make our wedding a fun and memorable experience for us and all of our guests. We worked with Jason as our DJ and Ed for the photo booth. Both were incredibly easy to work with, very responsive to messages, and more than willing to accommodate any requests we had. The entire process was seamless and stress free, which is exactly what you want when planning a wedding. Having not been to many weddings, Jason helped walk us through a rundown of the entire evening and night, and helped answer so many questions that we felt clueless about ahead of time. He put us both at ease and we both felt confident that Jason would do an incredible job, and he definitely did not disappoint! Our guests were up on the dance floor and having a great time before we even cut the cake! Jason created a really fun environment for everyone, which is exactly what we told him we wanted. We wanted people to be dancing and enjoying themselves, and that's exactly what Jason did. Not only that, but the photo booth run by Ed had our guests entertained all night. He created a film strip template that was perfect for our theme and provided tons of fun props for people to use. Based on the pictures he provided us with afterward, it was clear that all of our guests loved the photo booth and had a really good time posing for pictures. Overall, Jason and Ed had a huge influence in making our wedding the fun, perfect night that it was, and we are forever grateful for all they have done for us!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/30/2017

I don't think I can say enough about how great Jay was and how amazing it was to work with him. He had the perfect balance of being a true expert in this field yet still knew how to have a great time. He was very thorough in helping us plan for the big day which I appreciated because he was both very willing to listen to what we wanted but also brought a lot of great ideas to the table that made the wedding something extra special. I also definitely appreciated that Upstate Sounds has an online portal where you can browse songs and a do a lot of your selections there, which really made the process stress free. The day of he played a great set, really listened to what the crowd wanted but also had a great variety of songs - never a boring moment. Best part, he even got out there and danced with some of the guest, teaching people how to dance to some of the songs which my guests are still raving about. The dance floor was never empty and that was in large due to him. If you want to have a party your guests will always remember book Upstate Sounds for sure, Jay was the best!!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Kristy · Married on 07/15/2017

Jay was absolutely amazing to work with. The minute he answered my inquiry email, I know he was the DJ for us. He was organized, professional, responsive, personable and so easy to work with it. He allows you to make the day what you want and helps guide you. Every single silly/crazy request I had he made happen including taking his equipment up to the top of mountain by chairlift.
    The dance floor was packed. He was good at reading the crowd and even better at reading my eyes!!
    His brother, Ed ran my photo booth. One of the best photos booth around! It was large enough for a crowd of people. The props were amazing. The photo quality was great. All my non dancers had a blast in it! My only regret is that my husband and I didn't get in the booth together! I was too busy on the dance floor!
    Highly recommend both of them!!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Lindsay · Married on 06/24/2017

Upstate Sounds helped make our wedding day unforgettable! It was so easy to pick out songs online and put together how we wanted the day to go. Jay met with us a month before to figure out the questions we still had and helped us with other music ideas. We decided to go with their photo booth as well, which our guests LOVED!!! Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Eric · Married on 01/28/2017

DJ Jason Seeberger was amazing!!!!! he kept the dancefloor packed all night and even had awesome party props for the kids! What a night to rememeber! Highly recommend DJ Jason and Upstate Sounds! Top notch!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Karen · Married on 11/04/2016

Can't say enough about DJ Jason Seeberger! He was the MC of our reception and kept the guests up and moving the entire night. He read the crowd and played to them. Guests couldn't say enough about the music. He is easy to work with and knows how to appeal to the crowd and kids. Thank you, Jason! You ROCK!!

Andy and Karen

Sent on 11/05/2016

David · Married on 10/21/2016

Jason was a joy to work with. We met with hime about a month before wedding this is after plenty of talk through email and txt. And he just unloaded a ton of stress right when we needed it. With his personality, he really makes everything fun! As for the day it itself, it couldn't have gone better Jason ran the reception flawlessly. Thank you Jason for everything!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Ann M. · Married on 10/16/2016

We had a great time with these guys! Music selection was great, high energy, everyone had so much fun. The photo booth, do yourself a favor and add it to your package! The photo quality is great, and this is the most modern looking photo booth we've seen!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Ron · Married on 09/24/2016

Jason was awesome! He was very helpful from the beginning helping us figure out the right setup and making choosing our music a breeze. Once it got time to party, he knew how to keep the crowd dancing and having a great time. He made our wedding reception a night to remember!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Lacey · Married on 09/17/2016

Wow! Just wow! Expectations completely exceeded. Extremely professional. You can tell these guys take a lot of pride in what they do. Their lighting completely made our venue look AMAZING!!! Do yourself a favor and get their upgraded lighting package. We also had so much fun in the photo booth. It reminds me of an ipod. It's nicer than any we've seen at other weddings. The props are a blast, and pictures are professional quality.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Sara · Married on 09/17/2016

Jason was absolutely wonderful to work with. I've known him forever and been to a number of events in which Upstate Sounds has dj'ed and have only had great times! Jason played everything we requested and kept the party going. He was interactive with guests and friendly and fun. I had many compliments regarding the partying and dancing!!! Thanks Jason & Upstate Sounds

Sent on 10/02/2016

Shannon · Married on 09/16/2016

We hired upstate sounds for our wedding on 9/16. Jay was amazing. He did a complete color wash with the uplighting, monogram on the dance floor, set up outside for the ceremony and inside for reception. By far the best and he made our great wedding awesome and perfect.

Sent on 09/21/2016