Upper Las Virgenes Ranch

Los Angeles, CA View map

Sitting on a private plateau in Calabasas, Upper Las Virgenes Ranch is a special, historic part of Upper Las Virgenes Canyon Open Space Preserve – 2,983 acres of open space is nestled on Western edge of the San Fernando Valley. From the wide open platform of Laskey Mesa, to gentle slopes and rolling hills studded with valley oaks, sycamore-lined canyon bottoms and vistas of unspoiled California landscapes, riparian stream corridors, and the rugged rock lands and mysterious caves, the ranch brings together all of this epic landscape right to LA’s doorstep for you and your guests. The historic, fully restored 1930s-era ranch house is available for weddings and other special events by permit.

The permit fees you pay for your booking goes directly into the funding of the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority's parks and program initiatives. Our core mission is to promote land conservation, ecological restoration and environmental interpretation. We are appreciative of your support of our conservation efforts and are excited to host you here in our beautiful surroundings.

Benefits of booking at Upper Las Virgenes Ranch:

• Absolute flexibility in layout, design, decor, food and other vendors. We do not require you to use a preferred vendor, and we welcome new vendors to the venue.
  • We are not a cookie-cutter venue and limit the number of events here. This is a private, exclusive opportunity for you to host your special day in an intimate outdoor setting.
  • Beautiful mountain views and tranquil setting, less than an hour away from downtown Los Angeles. Easily accessible right of the 101 Fwy.
  • Ample on-site parking.

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Farm/Ranch
Garden
Park

What kind of settings are available?

Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly

What transportation and access is available?

Parking

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
October
    Elizabeth Married on 08/04/2018
    If you are considering an outdoor wedding in the LA area, look no further than the Upper Las Virgenes Canyon Open Space Preserve. We had our wedding there on August 4 and it was a dream come true. We inquired with several venues in the LA and Calabasas areas but only ended up touring one—as soon as we saw the venue, we booked on the spot and cancelled our other site visits. It is very much a blank canvas, so you can make it whatever you want, but it lends itself well to a dreamy, flower-filled, twinkle-light strung, easy romantic evening wedding. Yosef and Rebecca who own the event company Diablo Dormido are invaluable resources—so kind, reassuring, and helpful through the process. They made it so easy to plan the wedding, and they led us to several of our best vendors. I can’t say enough good things about the space and about Yosef and Rebecca. I have wanted to plan my wedding my whole life and can truly say that it was better than I ever imagined. Thank you, Yosef and Rebecca!
    Melissa Married on 09/22/2012
    My husband and I got married here on September 22, 2012 and can't rave enough about the property, the views, and especially JOAN, our most wonderful and amazing contact at Upper Las Virgenes Canyon Open Space Preserve. She is simply the best, most responsive, most helpful and extraordinary person... EVER. She was so honest with me, always trying to find ways to help me save money, instead of spend more. Always helping me to keep the MEANING of the day at the heart of the matter. The property itself was the most private and beautiful place to say "I do" that we could have ever dreamed of, it busted at the seams with charm and its views were just perfect. On that night, I saw what I believe to be the prettiest sunset I have ever seen in my life. There is a WORLD FULL of options in laying out both your ceremony and reception space at the ranch, which is amazing when helping to create your one of a kind vision. Our guests raved of the wedding space, singing praises of how intimate and elegant it was. It is the perfect backdrop for anyone out there looking to have their most perfect one in a million wedding day :)

Pricing

Upper Las Virgenes Ranch Price Rates

570 West Avenue 26, Suite 100 Los Angeles, CA, 90065
Location of (Upper Las Virgenes Ranch)

Upper Las Virgenes Ranch frequently asked questions

What are the most important characteristics of Upper Las Virgenes Ranch in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Upper Las Virgenes Ranch for wedding events is known for:
  • Farm/Ranch
  • Garden
  • Park

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Upper Las Virgenes Ranch for wedding events?

Upper Las Virgenes Ranch offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does Upper Las Virgenes Ranch offer?

Upper Las Virgenes Ranch offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does Upper Las Virgenes Ranch offer for wedding events?

Upper Las Virgenes Ranch offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Liability Insurance
  • Outside Vendors
  • Pet Friendly

What percentage of users recommend Upper Las Virgenes Ranch and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Upper Las Virgenes Ranch is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Los Angeles for your wedding