PO Box 259013, Madison, WI 53725 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Ueda Photography

My experience with photography starts with a six-year-old boy holding up lights for his dad at a party. When we arrive home, my dad gives me his state-of-the-art Hasselblad camera's detachable back and teaches me to rewind the film. For me it was all fun, but what I didn't realize is that with my father's instructions, he was preparing me for my own future profession.

I went to photography school at Focus in Sao Paulo, Brazil at the age of 16. And now, thousands of weddings, events, studio shots, aerial photos, and family photos later, this is still what I do and what I love.

Ueda (pronounced "WAY-da") is the name my father chose to be his when he started his business as a Japanese man in Brazil over 50 years ago, and I am carrying it on now as a Brazilian man in the United States.

My style is a mix of photojournalism and illustrative. I enjoy the art of photography which lies in capturing the perfect moment when something beautiful is expressed: an emotion, a relationship, an idea.

I'm an active member of the Professional Photographers of America and the Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA). I'm the only photographer from Madison that is a member of the WPJA.

Take a look at my Facebook page as I frequently post my most recent photos there!

Romulo Ueda

Winter cabin wedding
Winter cabin wedding
Wedding Frisbie Day
Wedding Frisbie Day
Groomsmen, The Icon Madison.
Groomsmen, The Icon Madison.
Mexican Wedding

Real Weddings 149 Photos

38 Reviews for Ueda Photography

Reba Bergmann · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Couldn't Ask for Better!

Romulo was everything I wanted in a photographer! Our photos are more beautiful than I could have imagined. I absolutely adore them. My favorite aspect was that he didn't only focus on the bride and groom, but got amazing shots of our family, wedding party, and friends. The candid shots are everything I hoped they would be. He was so easy to work with, and I felt so comfortable during the entire process. If I ever need photos for any other event, I will not hesitate to contact him!

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • W

William Farmer · Getting married on 02/11/2021

Thoughtful Photographer with Incredible Skill!

Working with Romulo was an absolute pleasure. We came from out of town to do a very particular engagement photo shoot at The House on the Rock in Spring Green, Wisconsin. Initially I had to reschedule last minute because our flight was cancelled - Romulo was reassuring and totally understanding. Once we had rescheduled to the following week, I ended up being late and forgetting to alert staff we would be taking pictures. Romulo never missed a beat - he was there early, was patient, helpful, and incredibly understanding. Neither my fiance nor I had had our pictures taken by a professional photographer before, but Romulo easily calmed our jitters and made us comfortable and confident. He was professional and accommodating every step of the way through the process. Our pictures turned out phenomenally and we received some truly amazing and thoughtful compliments on what are definitely the best photos we've ever had taken of each other together! If you want a professional, thoughtful photographer, look no further than Ueda Photography.

Sent on 12/13/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan Clark · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Romulo is great!

Romulo did our wedding photos and everything was perfect. He was a joy to have around on our wedding day and the photos turned out phenomenal. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/21/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Ueda Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3200
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3200
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints
    Save the Date

Real Weddings

• Paulius Musteikis Weddings Wedding Photographers

Rômulo from Ueda Photography is one of my favorite wedding photojournalists in Madison WI area. We have photographed weddings together numerous times in the past few years and it’s been a pleasure. Romulo is very calm, laid back professional that will ease your day and will create one of a kind wedding imagery. Ueda Photography is on my preferred photographers top list.

• Saturn's 8 DJ Services Wedding DJs

I have met a lot of photographers around this area and none quite like Romulo! He eye for capturing an energetic moment is unmatched! His dance floor pictures are some of the best I have ever seen. He has the gift of sight with his camera and I highly recommend him to you! DJ Andrew Paul Larson Saturns 8 Entertainment

• Video Reflections Wedding Videographers

I am a professional wedding videographer who has worked along side Romulo on several occasions. Romulo is a very experienced and highly skilled photographer. Having grown up in a family of professional photographers, Romulo mastered his art at a young age. You only need to see his gallery on his website to know this for yourself. Best of all, Romulo is one of the most personable wedding professionals I know. His relaxed and courteous manner is especially helpful for everyone being able to stay in character during the wedding day. I recommend Ueda Photography without any hesitation.

• PO Box 259013 Madison, 53725 See on map
    Location of (Ueda Photography)