PO Box 259013, Madison, WI 53725 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Ueda Photography

My experience with photography starts with a six-year-old boy holding up lights for his dad at a party. When we arrive home, my dad gives me his state-of-the-art Hasselblad camera's detachable back and teaches me to rewind the film. For me it was all fun, but what I didn't realize is that with my father's instructions, he was preparing me for my own future profession.

I went to photography school at Focus in Sao Paulo, Brazil at the age of 16. And now, thousands of weddings, events, studio shots, aerial photos, and family photos later, this is still what I do and what I love.

Ueda (pronounced "WAY-da") is the name my father chose to be his when he started his business as a Japanese man in Brazil over 50 years ago, and I am carrying it on now as a Brazilian man in the United States.

My style is a mix of photojournalism and illustrative. I enjoy the art of photography which lies in capturing the perfect moment when something beautiful is expressed: an emotion, a relationship, an idea.

I'm an active member of the Professional Photographers of America and the Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA). I'm the only photographer from Madison that is a member of the WPJA.

Take a look at my Facebook page as I frequently post my most recent photos there!

Romulo Ueda

Winter cabin wedding
Winter cabin wedding
Wedding Frisbie Day
Wedding Frisbie Day
Groomsmen, The Icon Madison.
Groomsmen, The Icon Madison.
Mexican Wedding

Ueda Photography 1
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Romulo was amazing! I can't say enough good things about him. He caught so many special moments, was extremely professional, and the final results were even better than I could have ever hoped for!!!

Sent on 11/20/2018
  • Ian

Ian Pozdol · Married on 09/08/2018

Reliving the Moment: Madison's Best Wedding Photographer Beyond Doubt

Romulo Ueda is an absolute pleasure to work with. He is relaxed, friendly, and a perfect professional. We hired him to photograph our wedding and he went above and beyond to capture each special moment in our day. His work is done in the photojournalism style, so every time I look back at the photographs from the day, it’s like I’m experiencing the moment as it happened all over again. We were blessed to work with such a creative individual. Thank you, Romulo!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Laura · Married on 09/02/2018

Great photographer!

Romulo did an amazing job at our wedding, always seeming to be in the right spot at the right time. He also was great at directing our family during the group shot time.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Ueda Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

Real Weddings

• Paulius Musteikis Weddings
    Paulius Musteikis Weddings Wedding Photographers

Rômulo from Ueda Photography is one of my favorite wedding photojournalists in Madison WI area. We have photographed weddings together numerous times in the past few years and it’s been a pleasure. Romulo is very calm, laid back professional that will ease your day and will create one of a kind wedding imagery. Ueda Photography is on my preferred photographers top list.

• Saturn's 8 DJ Services
    Saturn's 8 DJ Services Wedding DJs

I have met a lot of photographers around this area and none quite like Romulo! He eye for capturing an energetic moment is unmatched! His dance floor pictures are some of the best I have ever seen. He has the gift of sight with his camera and I highly recommend him to you! DJ Andrew Paul Larson Saturns 8 Entertainment

• Video Reflections
    Video Reflections Wedding Videographers

I am a professional wedding videographer who has worked along side Romulo on several occasions. Romulo is a very experienced and highly skilled photographer. Having grown up in a family of professional photographers, Romulo mastered his art at a young age. You only need to see his gallery on his website to know this for yourself. Best of all, Romulo is one of the most personable wedding professionals I know. His relaxed and courteous manner is especially helpful for everyone being able to stay in character during the wedding day. I recommend Ueda Photography without any hesitation.

• PO Box 259013 Madison, 53725 See on map