PO Box 259013, Madison, WI 53725 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Ueda Photography

My experience with photography starts with a six-year-old boy holding up lights for his dad at a party. When we arrive home, my dad gives me his state-of-the-art Hasselblad camera's detachable back and teaches me to rewind the film. For me it was all fun, but what I didn't realize is that with my father's instructions, he was preparing me for my own future profession.

I went to photography school at Focus in Sao Paulo, Brazil at the age of 16. And now, thousands of weddings, events, studio shots, aerial photos, and family photos later, this is still what I do and what I love.

Ueda (pronounced "WAY-da") is the name my father chose to be his when he started his business as a Japanese man in Brazil over 50 years ago, and I am carrying it on now as a Brazilian man in the United States.

My style is a mix of photojournalism and illustrative. I enjoy the art of photography which lies in capturing the perfect moment when something beautiful is expressed: an emotion, a relationship, an idea.

I'm an active member of the Professional Photographers of America and the Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA). I'm the only photographer from Madison that is a member of the WPJA.

Take a look at my Facebook page as I frequently post my most recent photos there!

Romulo Ueda

Winter cabin wedding
Winter cabin wedding
Wedding Frisbie Day
Wedding Frisbie Day
Groomsmen, The Icon Madison.
Groomsmen, The Icon Madison.
Mexican Wedding

1 User photo

Ueda Photography 1
  • Mary

Mary H · Married on 07/13/2019

Artistic photos, amazing photographer!

We worked with Romulo Ueda for both our engagement and wedding photos. He's an amazing photographer! Our officiant had worked with him before and told everyone to "do exactly what Romulo says because he is an artist," and she was correct! His photographic style is photojournalism, meaning you'll get incredible photos that candidly capture the spirit of your event. His photos are dynamic and interesting in a way that I haven't really seen before, which is what really interested us in working with Romulo for our wedding day.

Our engagement photos turned out extremely well, and we were comfortable knowing he'd take excellent photos during our wedding day. We've received many compliments from family and friends on the photos. I'd definitely work with Romulo again for any of my photographer needs in Madison!

Also, Romulo is extremely quick to respond to email and other forms of communication, which is a huge plus when working with any wedding vendor.

Sent on 07/21/2019

Ross · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful timeless photographs from a professional

When we began looking for a wedding photographer, we saw the portfolios of many photographers that used a ‘dark’ or ‘moody’ style and many others that used an overexposed dreamy style where half the image is washed out. Neither style appealed to us. We didn’t know how to describe (or google for) what we wanted, beyond that we didn’t like those styles and aren’t into posed photographs. After meeting Romulo, his ‘photojournalism’ style was exactly what we were looking for!

As is immediately obvious from looking at the portfolio on his website, Romulo is technically and artistically an excellent photographer. We couldn’t be more pleased with the photos we got from him. They capture the scene as we remember it. He worked in and among the crowd perfectly and some guests even commented that he seemed to be finding great places to shoot from and used lighting creatively.

Romulo was also a delight to work with at every stage of the process. He stayed in touch in case we needed something from him (but did not get in the way). He was okay with some ambiguity about what time we wanted him to arrive (due to our lack of planning). We got our pictures from Romulo electronically very quickly and the high quality digital files (with full printing rights etc) on a USB stick a few days later.

I would recommend Ueda Photography to anyone who wants beautiful timeless photographs!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Romulo was amazing! I can't say enough good things about him. He caught so many special moments, was extremely professional, and the final results were even better than I could have ever hoped for!!!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Ueda Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

Real Weddings

• Paulius Musteikis Weddings
    Paulius Musteikis Weddings Wedding Photographers

Rômulo from Ueda Photography is one of my favorite wedding photojournalists in Madison WI area. We have photographed weddings together numerous times in the past few years and it’s been a pleasure. Romulo is very calm, laid back professional that will ease your day and will create one of a kind wedding imagery. Ueda Photography is on my preferred photographers top list.

• Saturn's 8 DJ Services
    Saturn's 8 DJ Services Wedding DJs

I have met a lot of photographers around this area and none quite like Romulo! He eye for capturing an energetic moment is unmatched! His dance floor pictures are some of the best I have ever seen. He has the gift of sight with his camera and I highly recommend him to you! DJ Andrew Paul Larson Saturns 8 Entertainment

• Video Reflections
    Video Reflections Wedding Videographers

I am a professional wedding videographer who has worked along side Romulo on several occasions. Romulo is a very experienced and highly skilled photographer. Having grown up in a family of professional photographers, Romulo mastered his art at a young age. You only need to see his gallery on his website to know this for yourself. Best of all, Romulo is one of the most personable wedding professionals I know. His relaxed and courteous manner is especially helpful for everyone being able to stay in character during the wedding day. I recommend Ueda Photography without any hesitation.

• PO Box 259013 Madison, 53725 See on map