600 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 10 to 200
Availability Check your date

About The Walters Art Museum

The Walters Art Museum provides one of the most sophisticated settings in Baltimore for your wedding. This exceptional setting transforms the ordinary to the extraordinary by creating an unforgettable setting for your wedding ceremony and reception. A famed Maryland wedding location, our elegant Sculpture Court is one of several sites that the Walters offers to make your special day the most memorable event for you, your friends, and your family.

From an intimate wedding for 50 to a grand affair for 200, the Walters has the space for you. The Walters staff is here to make sure your wedding is everything you had hoped it to be and will work closely with all of your vendors to ensure each detail is covered from when you walk through the door to when you are whisked away at the end of the night.

Follow The Walters Art Museum on

Wedding tablescape
c10006ab750a95de 1327513112650 Ceremony1

28 Reviews for The Walters Art Museum

Mark · Married on 09/12/2015

We could not have picked a better venue for our Wedding than The Walters Art Museum. If you've never been, the venue is absolutely stunning. The event staff was easy to work with and ensured a smooth event day. Our guests continue to rave about the setting and the ability to visit museum galleries as part of our wedding day. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 06/06/2015

Wow! The Walters Art Museum was my dream venue and we made it a reality. The venue alone speaks for itself. Its stunning, elegant, sophisticated, and timeless. Heather Poff, events coordinator for the museum, was lovely to work with. She answered all my questions in a timely manner and I really felt at ease. The museum staff has weddings down to a perfect science. I was so impressed. The security team was lovely and were genuinely happy for my husband and I. Officer Harris escorted us around for photos before the ceremony. He was fantastic!! I am so happy we chose the Walters for both our ceremony and reception. The day turned out so much better than I could have ever imagined and I know I have Heather and her team at the Walters to thank for that. And even more props to Heather who was very pregnant at my wedding and stayed the entire day and night to make sure everyone and everything was taken care of for the wedding. If you are looking for a magical venue for your wedding, the Walters is it!!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Michelle · Married on 09/13/2014

When we went to look at venues, there were no other places I had in mind but the Walters! The night exceeded all of my expectations and more! I wouldn't change a single thing :)
    Ps- we have a lot of red wine drinkers in our family, and not one had a problem with the fact that you can only drink red wine during dinner!!

Sent on 09/30/2014

The Walters Art Museum FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 10,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 10,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 200
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 10
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Art Gallery, Historic Building, Museum
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Engagement Party, Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer? Preferred Vendors Only
  • What months are included in your peak season? January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, November, December

• Sascha's Catering
    Sascha's Catering Wedding Caterers

The Walters Art Museum is the best of the best when it comes to venues in the Baltimore area! We love when we get the chance to work with Heather and Anne. Since we are right across the street we have had the pleasure of working with them on multiple occasions for the past 25 years. We are looking forward to an exciting feature of events with our friends at the Walters art museum!

• Linwoods
    Linwoods Wedding Caterers

A magnificent location. Working with Heather at Walters is a pleasure. So very accommodating. Unique in ambiance and the guests are always WOW'ed....

• EVENTPRO Design and Production
    EVENTPRO Design and Production Wedding Decor & Lighting

We love working at the Walters! Beautiful venue, and Heather and her staff are always so accommodating! We've always had great experiences working here, and every client that has had their reception at the Walters has always had a positive experience! If you are considering The Walters for your reception, from a vendor's point of view- A+

• 600 N. Charles Street Baltimore, 21201 See on map