118 EAST MAIN STREET, Riverhead, NY 11901 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About The Suffolk Theater

The Suffolk Theater is a vintage wedding venue located in Riverhead, New York. This venue has a long history and offers a beautiful design with many upgrades. Past guests of the theater applaud the venue’s beauty, event coordination and dedicated staff. This theater is located in Riverhead, New York by Suffolk County Community College.

Facilities and Capacity

This venue can accommodate up to 1,000 guests in their historic theater. The current owners have transformed the theater into a special dining experience. The new space still retains the original design with red walls, a stage and Art Deco décor. They offer a gallery and floorplan on their website so you can fully plan and organize your wedding.

The Suffolk Theater offers event planning and lighting and sound setup. They also offer food and beverage items, including:

• Barware
  • China
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens

Cuisine

Noah’s at the Suffolk Theater only offers high-quality meals. Their a la carte menu includes options like grilled asparagus salad, Baja fish tacos, lobster ravioli and key lime pie. Their fixed priced menu includes different courses. Some of their dishes include:

• Tuscan brined roasted pork loin
  • Grilled citrus marinated swordfish
  • Spring vegetable risotto
  • Spring sweet pea soup
  • Satur farms butter lettuce salad
  • Flourless chocolate cakes

History

The Suffolk Theater was originally built in 1933 and was restored in 2013. In the last five years, the theater has been transformed into an Art Deco cinema space that has a full-service performing arts center. Because of its state-of-the-art marquee and history, the theater is part of the identity of Main Street. When it first opened on December 30, 1933, more than 2,000 people attended the opening night and hailed its luxury and design. During World War II, the theater was used as an agent for issuing war bonds. The theater closed in 1987 and was purchased in 2005 by Dianne and Bob Castaldi. The Castaldi’s wanted to make the location a performing arts center. It reopened in September 2011 with new lighting and an animated marquee.

Follow The Suffolk Theater on

9 Reviews for The Suffolk Theater

1 User photo

The Suffolk Theater 1

Alexandra · Married on 04/29/2017

Where do I even begin to start reviewing this magical, amazing place that I was lucky enough to have my wedding at last week?! From the moment I stumbled across The Suffolk Theater's website, I knew it was the perfect place for me and my now husband, John, to get married in. We're both creative and couldn't picture having our wedding at some stuffy old catering hall. From the moment I walked into The Suffolk Theater in person, I was blown away by it's beauty and how truly, every single detail has been meticulously restored. Meeting and working with Nicole Evers, the event director, was the highlight of the entire process and I could NOT, absolutely could not have have pulled off this wedding of close to 200 people without her. I cannot say enough good things about how organized, calming, amazing, smart, creative, and nice she is! She left no detail un-turned and was by my side the entire time to make sure everything was going smoothly. I also cannot sing enough the praises of the entire production team, including Chip and Clutch, who were AMAZING at what they do and delivered a truly awe inspiring event. Not to mention Reverend Lynn Ann, who wrote a beautiful, thoughtful, and incredibly touching ceremony for John and I - she genuinely delivered the exact ceremony we wanted that was true to who we are all, and Reverend Lynn is an amazing person who I feel blessed to have met. Now onto the party...the food, the drinks! Where to even begin! The food was a massive hit, a huge rarity at most weddings, and the drinks were flowing in generous amounts. I just cannot express how thrilled I am with how the entire wedding turned out and I am eternally grateful to the entire staff at The Suffolk Theater for making this wedding so memorable, incredible, and hard to top. Every guest has indicated weddings will probably suck to attend after this one. Thank you to ALL for making my day truly amazing, and thank you to Nicole for helping me plan it all and execute it flawlessly!!!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Mark · Married on 04/23/2017

My daughter had the privilege of getting married at this outstanding venue. From the moment we walked in to meet Nicole Evers, the event coordinator, the entire experience could not have been better. Nicole was supremely professional, flexible, willing to accomodate the ideas of my daughter and son-in-law, available to patiently answer each and every question, provided many of her own outstanding suggestions, ran the event flawlessly, and just made the entire event unforgettable. The venue itself was spectacular and I can't tell you how many people told me it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I cannot recommend Ms. Evers and this venue more strongly. It was magical.

Sent on 05/30/2017

The Suffolk Theater FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 1,058.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,058.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Dessert, Server(s)
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 5.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building