The Simply Elegant Group

Minneapolis, MN View map Visit website

$1,675 Package Price

We love your love.

Our mission is to help you celebrate your love in a way that you love, without stress or overwhelm. After more than a decade in the business, and with 4,500+ weddings under our collective belt, we have become the go-to wedding planning team for couples looking for a stress-free planning experience + a joyful wedding day.

When we founded The Simply Elegant Group in 2010, the biggest hesitation that couples had in hiring a wedding planner was cost, but we believe that everyone deserves to have a wedding planner by their side regardless of their budget. So we created the solution. And that's our Preferred Vendor Program (PVP). Within our PVP, not only do we vet our vendors (for doing good work + being good humans) but we ask that, in return, our vendors give something special just to our SEG couples.

That special incentive could be in the form of a discount, a percentage off, an upgrade, or a free add on. So not only are we some of the most knowledgeable planners in the country, but we also save you money. And that means: we want to save you more money than you spend on our services. (Win-Win!)

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,675

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$1,675

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$4,975

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$125

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

• Kayla
    Kayla H. Married on 12/07/2021

We'd hire them again in a heartbeat!

Planning a wedding isn't easy, but planning it during a COVID pandemic with rules that seem to change every day is REALLY not easy. We feel so grateful to have navigated the uncertain times with the planning support of Simply Elegant Group. From pulling (and re-pulling) quotes from multiple vendors to coordinating our rehearsal and wedding day, we're so happy with the experience we had with SEG and our planner Kristen. She was very decisive, clear, and strategic in all of our conversations, helping us stay focused on the task at hand so I never had to guess on what I needed work on that week or month. Our situation was unique in that we weren't able to plan most of our wedding until the last two months before our wedding date because of COVID, so seeing how fast the SEG team was able to move was super inspiring. They even helped us with little tweaks we made when we changed our vision to host a intimate wedding, like playing "DJ" with our ceremony songs on a Spotify playlist and recording a Facebook Live video so our family and friends could feel like they were there with us on the day. Our planner Kristen even sent me a video of our first dance since our videographer already left and she knew we'd want to relive that moment later. Everyone at SEG is incredibly thoughtful and proactive. We can't say enough great things about SEG, their preferred vendors, and everyone involved! We highly recommend them!!!
  • Dina
    Dina S. Married on 08/12/2021

Best Decision I Made

One of the first things I said to my husband when we got engaged was that, even though a planner isn’t technically a necessary expense for a wedding (as in, people manage weddings without hiring planners), that having a full-service planner was non-negotiable for me. I know myself well enough to know that nothing would have otherwise been done. I’m incredibly indecisive, I always want to see all the options, and I always want input – which does not work when you’re going online to look at the 5000+ photographers in Denver (and that’s just one vendor). So I knew I needed to find someone I could put my trust in to understand what I was looking for, show me a few options that would fit my desires and budget, and help me evaluate and choose one, as well as someone who would keep me on track in terms of time.

The Simply Elegant Group was wonderful to work with, and I truly don’t know how we would have gotten through our wedding without them. I actually had a bit of a rocky start, but they made it up to me and then some.
    When I first started with SEG, I was assigned a planner who I wasn’t entirely happy with. She did help to some extent, but I felt like things weren’t moving as quickly as they should, etc. I was then told that she was leaving SEG and I would be assigned a new planner, which I felt okay with – I think she already had one foot out the door when we started working together. The next planner I was paired with seemed to be pretty good, but we had barely started when I found out that she, too, was leaving SEG. I was starting to become concerned and frustrated, but Lindsay got on a call with me and said that this was definitely not normal and they were pairing me with someone who they were sure wouldn’t leave – Ashley Carpenter (now Lytel).

This completely changed everything. Ashley was on top of everything from day one. She was with me every step of the way, calming me down when I was anxious, getting me back on track when I fell behind on my to-do lists, assuring me that everything would come together. She understood what I was saying and wanting, helped me communicate that to vendors, and answered my many, many, MANY questions (sometimes more than once, since I forgot!).

Then, of course, came COVID. Ashley supported us in all of our decisions to postpone and to alter what we were comfortable doing in the midst of a pandemic. She helped coordinate with everyone to find another date that worked, she reached out to learn about changes in policies at our venue along the way, and perhaps most importantly, she was a much-needed emotional support during all of this.

I cannot tell you how many people – vendors, wedding party, and guests alike – noted to me how wonderful Ashley was. On the day of the wedding, she was there whenever something was needed. There were a few small things that didn’t go as planned, but she was like my fairy godmother turning mice into beautiful white horses. How she managed to be in 10 places at once I will never know (as an avid Harry Potter fan, I’ll just pretend she had a time turner).

I would never have been able to pull off a day like ours without a planner. This became even more true in the COVID era. Ashely’s attention to detail, unwaveringly calm hand, emotional support and understanding, quick adaptiveness, and deep knowledge of weddings and event planning is probably the greatest gift I got for my wedding (secondary only to my husband, perhaps).
  • Rachel
    Rachel M. Married on 07/18/2021

The best planner we could ever have had!

Emily B was incredible to work with from start to finish! SEG hooked us up with a wonderful planner who executed my day to be beyond my wildest dreams. It was amazing! From putting out little fires to calming my nerves before the wedding, we are so glad we chose Simply Elegant for our wedding. Three cheers for Emily B!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

40 photos · 04/23/2016
  • Lisa & Will
    34 photos · 07/25/2015

Queen of Cakes Queen of Cakes Wedding Cakes

If you are looking for a one stop for all your wedding needs, you are looking for Simply Elegant. Their expert planners can help you coordinate with any type of wedding vendor. We highly recommend them.

Lauren B. Photography Lauren B. Photography Wedding Photographers

What a fun, professional, and talented team. It's always a pleasure working with SEE and the industry is lucky to have them!

Linen Effects Linen Effects Wedding Rentals

Linen Effects Inc. feels that having a wedding planner is almost always a good idea and we are happy to recommend Ashley Henry at Simply Elegant Events and her team of planners. They know a lot of good vendors and have experience with many venues.

2224 Central Ave NE Minneapolis, MN, 55418
Location of (The Simply Elegant Group)

Other vendors in Minneapolis for your wedding