PO Box 434, Gerrardstown, WV 25420 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 11

About The Robert Mabe Band

Each year The Robert Mabe Band plays dozens of weddings, corporate events, and private parties and the schedule is filling fast for 2018!

I have excellent client reviews because of the outstanding talent and service that I bring to the event.

I am also fully insured to $1 million.

Our wedding services include (if needed):

Ceremony music: We can suggest songs and take personal requests.

Cocktail Hour: Usually a time for laid back music that will not over power your guests. We have just the right set list!

Reception: We can handle the announcements, first dance, father-daughter dance, or any other request you may have!

We can set the tone for your reception that will keep your guests happy and entertained for the duration of the party!

You can check music off your list of worries if you choose The Robert Mabe Band for your next event.

Please read our reviews and see just how pleased our clients are!

If you would like the perfect music for you next event just contact Robert Mabe at 202.596.0342 or robertsbanjo@gmail.com

Drymill Road is an americana bluegrass band playing high energy and heartfelt original material featuring the songwriting of Sean Loomis. The band also offers its own renditions of popular covers.
Drymill Road was formed by band leader Sean Loomis in 2008. Originally a trio, the band included current members, Sean Loomis on Vocals and Guitar and Dave Hurt on Bass, both of whom are masters of their instruments and, graduates of the Shenandoah University Music program.

In October 2009 the band recruited Doug Ross on mandolin and Robert Mabe on Banjo. Both of whom are heavily influenced by traditional music.
As a four piece band, Drymill Road has a rich full sound, using each instrument as a voice, the band takes you on a wild harmonic journey.

Follow The Robert Mabe Band on

3762751015040992542323617370903323582376251502769076n

• Videos 3

25 Reviews for The Robert Mabe Band

Kara · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more entertaining and fun band to play for our wedding! The Robert Mabe Band played our ceremony music, cocktail hour music, and reception and every bit of it was just perfect. Robert was extremely professional and accommodating throughout the entire planning process and made us feel totally at ease on our wedding day. They learned our first dance song and even let my husband sing with them at one point. By the end of the night, they had everyone on the dance floor. Loved every minute!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Sue and Jim · Married on 08/05/2017

The Robert Mabe Band, and Robert Mabe, fulfilled my music and dance and atmosphere dreams for our Vermont Country wedding on August 5th this year. From our first conversation last winter, through completion, Robert gave me confidence in his experience, and his kindness. I knew he really cared about our experience. I listened to their sounds on the website...and knew the band had a shared expertise, deep talent, and the sound just made me happy. Our guests danced from the first song through the last...they were blown away. The band members looked great, and every time I gazed at them playing they were smiling. The Robert Mabe Band members were obviously super-talented individuals who come together and play Bluegrass like a gorgeous tapestry...perfect. Great voices, great instrumentation, perfect balance. Absolutely killer fun, unforgettable. Also very responsive by email, very professional during the event, and very friendly to our guests.

Sent on 08/08/2017
  • CSF

Christina · Married on 10/29/2016

We couldn't have been happier with Drymill Road!! The band was referred to us by our wedding venue, House Mountain Inn, and after listening to a few of their tunes on Google Play I was in love and praying they were still available for our date. Robert was super responsive via email, easy to work with, and the only one of our vendors to contact me first the week of the wedding to check in before the big day. What we really liked about Robert was that he was both professional but also easy-going which we didn't necessarily get with other band prospects and was important for the overall vibe we wanted. We already had a DJ booked for the reception, so we had the band come to play before and during the ceremony and then for the cocktail hour. For the location and duration I felt the pricing was very fair, but honestly we had such a good experience with them I feel like it was a steal. The range of music the band played was impressive and appropriate for all the wedding feels--light-hearted, romantic, upbeat, chill. I had a few requests from their original music and a Beetles song, and then Robert suggested some superb classic bluegrass tunes that we went with for the ceremony. They played so beautifully--my husband and I both burst into tears when they played the song I walked down the aisle to and that started a chain reaction among our guests (it was a real tear jerker:) We asked them to play acoustically, which worked out great in going with the natural vibe of an outdoor ceremony, and it seemed to be easy enough for them to transfer locations to the happy hour. The guests raved about the band and I only wish we had planned to have them play longer. They were definitely a highlight of the wedding. My husband and I have gone to hear the band when they've played locally and will definitely be going to see them again. Can't sing their praises enough!

Sent on 01/29/2017

The Robert Mabe Band FAQ

• What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season?
  • What is the average price for a wedding reception during off-peak season?
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 4 - 6
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Acoustic, Classic Rock, Country, Folk, Pop, Swing
  • What music services do you provide? Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Microphones, Sound/PA System

• Vesic Photography
    Vesic Photography Wedding Photographers

A fantastic band and a great group of guys. I had the pleasure of photographing a wedding they played at in May 2012 in Maryland, and they were loved by everyone. They did an awesome job of making announcements, and keeping the music at the right pace for dinner, then bringing it up for the dancing and post dinner portions of the reception. Give them a shout, you will not be disappointed!

• PO Box 434 Gerrardstown, 25420 See on map