The Rhapsody

Up to 250 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$4k - $6k For 100 Guests
Up to 250 guests

The Rhapsody is a premier wedding and reception venue located in Independence, Missouri. Providing elegant event spaces in spacious settings, couples can create and plan the dream wedding they’ve always envisioned. Perfectly situated on the outskirts of Kansas City, couples can enjoy each other's company away from the noise of the big city, enjoying natural views under the beautiful Missouri sky.

Facilities and Capacity

For glamorous indoor ceremonies and receptions, the Grand Ballroom is the idyllic location for couples to host large celebrations with all their friends and families. Featuring an array of lightings, French doors, chandeliers, and a neutral color scheme, the ballroom can be decorated to best suit every couple’s preferred style and design. The elegant ballroom can be configured in a variety of ways to best suit the event’s atmosphere and celebration. Adjacent to the Grand Ballroom is the beautifully designed buffet room. Couples can open the ballroom French Doors and combine the two rooms for additional space, great for catering services. For couples who are seeking to make the most of the glorious Missouri sunshine, the venue offers exquisite outdoor event space. Featuring carefully curated landscaped gardens, swirling stone pathways, and a pergola for memorable ceremonies. Additional facilities include a preparation kitchen, changing rooms, and bridal suites.

The Rhapsody provides couples with a number of helpful event services, packages, and rental items to make their planning process run as smoothly and as stress-free as possible. Working in close relation with the venue’s professional event planners, couples can ensure every fine detail of their event is covered, with no small detail overlooked. The venue’s starting event package includes setup, cleanup, bridal suite, tables, chairs, lighting, sound, linens, and on-site parking. Alternatively, couples can also work with outside vendors to finalize their preparations and make their event an overall success. Other event services and rental items available include but are not limited to:

• Altar and arches
  • Wifi
  • Drapery
  • Photobooth
  • Chair covers
  • House DJ

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Banquet Hall
Garden

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception

What event services do you offer?

Clean Up
Event Planner
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Lighting / Sound
Outside Vendors
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Outside Cake

What bar services do you provide?

Outside Alcohol

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Drapery
Lighting
Photo booth
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

• Nicolette
    Nicolette B. Getting married on 03/03/2023

Fairytale Venue - Dream Come True

I recently married the love of my life at The Rhapsody and it was an absolute dream come true. Rita and the rest of the staff paid close attention to details, handled most of the planning, were flexible, and cared about making sure everything was exactly how we wanted it to be. I felt like I was the number one priority and had so much support with planning. On our wedding day, my husband and I were able to focus on enjoying every moment rather than feeling stressed or having to ask family members to help us set up or manage vendors. Rita (owner and florist), Bryan (DJ), and Kaci (wedding coordinator) were all enthusiastic, organized, and communicated effectively. We received countless compliments from family and friends both in attendance and online. I toured several local venues before finding the Rhapsody and I am so glad I did not settle for somewhere else before finding this gem. We cannot recommend The Rhapsody enough! If I could give extra stars I would because this venue did not disappoint in any way and I was blown away by how incredible the location, decorations, flowers, music, photo booth, bridal cottage, groom's villa, photo ops, and team of staff dedicated were.
  • Alexander
    Alexander C. Married on 01/22/2022

The Perfect Venue for our Perfect Day

This venue was the perfect place for our perfect day and they made it happen. This venue is family own and operated and we definitely got that treatment. We highly advise taking all of their additions and options for a wedding. We got the best floral arrangement, in-house DJ, and mirror photo booth. The florist, Rita, did all of our flowers for the day and even our wedding party flowers and boquet. Everything was perfect and exactly what we were wanting! She worked through how we wanted it set up, how we wanted our archway to be decorated, and even more! The in-house DJ, Brian, is one of the best we have ever seen. We have now been to a few weddings and none come close to him! Many of our friends and family thought he was amazing and would want him at theirs. The mirror photo booth was also amazing. Many of our guests used it and we can easily go through those photos. It was so cool and easy to use for our guests! During the planning phase, all members of the venue helped us and had multiple meetings to make sure everything was correct. Overall, this family-owned venue is the best place to have your wedding! We do not regret it one bit and will always remember our perfect day. The Rhapsody made it come true for us!
    Jacqueline P. Married on 09/04/2021

Perfect wedding❤️

Wedding 6/4/21. Oh my goodness. I can’t begin but rave about how amazing Bryan, Rita & stephanie are! When we booked them and decided to plan our wedding and get married within 6 months. It was such a smooth process, all because of our amazing vendors. We decided to go with their in house DJ (Bryan) their Photobooth, and highest décor package (Rita) so I didn’t have to do much 😂😂 They absolutely NAILED IT with our florals, centerpieces, and decor! The venue has a girls cottage and a guys area as well to get ready in, which is beautiful for photos. The venue also came with coordination and planning. I did a lot myself (because I wanted to) lol but it was great knowing they were there if I needed them. Communication was great. The florals turned out AMAZING (Rita made my bouquet, wrist corsages, and centerpieces) and our coordinator (Stephanie) and Bryan made sure our day went as smooth as possible! They are absolutely incredible! Would def 10/10 recommend!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

2322 E R D Mize Rd, Independence, MO 64057, USA Independence, MO, 64058
Location of (The Rhapsody)

Other vendors in Kansas City for your wedding