18992 18 Mile Rd, Marshall, MI 49068 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About The Olde Farmhouse Barn

The Olde Farmhouse Barn is a quaint and rustic wedding venue in Marshall, Michigan. This beautiful property is surrounded by lush corn, wheat and soybean fields, and gently shaded by towering mature trees that exhibit spectacular colors in the fall. For bridal couples looking for an elegant country venue, this charming setting provides the idyllic location for both indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies and receptions.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples may host up to 175 wedding guests within The Olde Farmhouse Barn. The Olde Farmhouse is a big, white farmhouse with a wrap-around porch. Full of character and Old World charm, it provides the ideal backdrop for an outdoor wedding ceremony. Couples can exchange vows on the porch while guest look on from the impeccable gardens. In addition couples could choose these additional spaces for their special day:

• Big red barn
  • Corn Crib
  • Garden

The Olde Farmhouse Barn is a full-service wedding venue with on-site catering and event coordination available. The venue includes:

• All-inclusive packages
  • Setup
Follow The Olde Farmhouse Barn on
d92bb4e6b58f0d2c 1437876416767 betsyjamie 225 l
The Olde Farmhouse Barn
Our 1910 barn is a beautiful space surrounded by fields of corn and wheat, fruit trees, gardens and...
One of our signs leading your guests to the bar that we created in the old corn crib
Marquee tent

The Olde Farmhouse Barn 7
  • Heather

Heather Ferguson · Married on 10/20/2018

The best day ever...10.20.18

The Olde Farmhouse Barn in Marshall, Michigan was truly a "magical" place for us. Both Shannon & Andy, from the beginning, were amazing! Their catering service, Pistachios, was delicious (and deserves its own review)! They listened to our needs & wants and helped guide us on our pre-wedding journey!

The entire journey was exciting and naturally, overwhelming at times, but beautiful and I simply wanted to take in the entire experience! Bare with me, haha, this is going to be long, but deserving.....

To preface, as a bride-to-be, I had "waited" for my "right person" and wedding experience pretty much my whole life.... and here it was... happening right before my eyes. Once we booked with The Olde Farmhouse barn (etc), the time flew by! I wasn't nervous. I didn't have cold feet. I knew this was my person and this was meant to be. We knew what our wedding vision was, so there wasn't any need to freak out, per say.

Basically in a nutshell, the process of preparing wasn't as scary or as extremely overwhelming as I've heard it to be. Partially, because we kept things simple like decorations and choosing cupcakes... and primarily, The Olde Farmhouse Barn already had everything we needed or wanted! Their decorations truly were the biggest help. The lighting, the yard games, the fire pit, the staff, etc!! Andy always made sure we were happy, confident & content with everything!

When the day came, again, I wasn't scared or nervous at all... everyone checked in with me and my response was always "I'm just excited!!!" Then...2pm came around (wedding at 4pm) and it hit me....I started to become overwhelmed and anxious. The weather became erratic and so did my emotions. Fast forward to 4:10pm...on my way to the the barn with my bridesmaids... terribly concerned with the weather and was already late to my own wedding (of course lol), Shannon reminded me that "everything is okay! That everyone was socializing with each other in the barn, not getting wet!" lol, and not stress out over details! I was thankful, but my mind couldn't sit still (not in a bad way....something you'll understand when the time comes, I suppose)! We pull up to the bridal suite and I just lose it...I began crying! Cried my way right into the suite! Shannon reassured me that everything was wonderful! That we've got this!

I wasn't crying because I was upset, I mean yes- I'd hoped that the weather would be perfect, but I was crying because I was so overcome with happiness...this truly was one of thee best days of my life! Pulling into the barn driveway was like a beautiful dream...a fairytale dream type of feeling.

I cried and I laughed! The food was delicious! ProDj's entertainment were amazing and we just had thee most beautiful experience that will always be in our hearts for the rest of time!

So...would I suggest The Olde Farmhouse Barn? *Absolutely*, 100 times over! To Shannon and Andy, you both were amazing to us and for us! Thank you so much for being such a huge part in a day we'll never forget!

Sent on 10/27/2018
    The Olde Farmhouse Barn 13
    The Olde Farmhouse Barn 14
    The Olde Farmhouse Barn 15

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

We are so happy for you and Nick and glad that we were able to help make your wedding dreams come true. Thank you for choosing to share your day with us.

I love the pictures you posted, especially the one of the two of you in the corn crib. I can't wait to see the rest. I almost didn't recognize the barn in the picture. That one must have been taken when you first visited the barn because all the landscaping and pathways aren't in there. It's amazing how much it has changed since then. Don't be strangers and hopefully we will see you at volleyball games next year if our girls play against each other again.

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

I want to start by saying I've been ready to write a review for the Olde Farmhouse Barn for the last 6 months, but figured I should at least wait until after our wedding!
    We had our ceremony on the front porch of the house, which was formerly a B&B that is absolutely gorgeous, and dependent on when you plan to host your event, COMPLETELY SHADED! It was fabulous. We lucked out with our weather, but it would be perfect in case your day happens to be a scorcher.
    The barn itself comfortably fit all 140 of our guests, plus, beautiful sidewalks and an enormous pebble sealed patio was perfect for our guests who wanted to explore a bit. I will tell you, photos do not do this gem the justice it deserves. You need to see it for yourself to really understand its charm. There is also a groomsman suite and a bridal suite on the property which were absolute game changers as we finished getting ready to walk down the aisle (which is actually a beautiful stone sidewalk).
    Our entire experience was elevated because of the graciousness, kindness and thoughtfulness of both Shannon and Andy Minor. Shannon and Andy worked their butts off preparing for our day, between all of the unanticipated landscape work to completing the awesome fire pit, we couldn't have asked for better hosts who have quickly become our friends. If you want to go somewhere that makes a venue feel like home, I highly suggest the Olde Farmhouse Barn.

Sent on 06/06/2018

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

Wow...your words made me tear up. We were so blessed that you and AJ chose to have your wedding at the Olde Farmhouse Barn. I'm glad that we were able to to help make your day everything that you dreamed it would be. We also feel like we gained friends during this process and we truly hope to stay in touch....maybe dinner in Jackson or something.

Wishing you and AJ all the happiness and love that life offers!

The Olde Farmhouse Barn FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 3,800.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Event Planning, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Barn, Farm/Ranch
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Engagement Party, Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol
  • What event items are available? Centerpieces, Chairs, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tents, Tent Accessories
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access

• Wendi Curtis Photography
    Wendi Curtis Photography Wedding Photographers

The Olde Farmhouse Barn is a beautiful country setting for a rustic wedding. So many great details and such a great space! I absolutely love photographing weddings at this great venue!

• 18992 18 Mile Rd Marshall, MI, 49068 See on map