The Olde Farmhouse Barn Reviews

37 Reviews for The Olde Farmhouse Barn

• Brianna

Brianna Morgan · Getting married on 07/31/2021

Beautiful Venue with Amazing Owners

We’ve been looking for a venue in Michigan for almost a year and we fell in love with The Olde Farmhouse Barn, without even seeing it in person. I contacted multiple venues and I just knew The Olde Farmhouse Barn was “our” place based on the timeliness and love I see they put into their venue. Living overseas has put a strain on contacting venues and vendors and not being physically present. They handle so many details of the venue, catering, bar and so much more. Andy and Shannon are wonderful and have gone out of their way to help accommodate me and navigate me through this process. They’re fast and efficient with getting me the details I need (even with the time zone difference) and assured me that they would guide me through this process. They have done exactly that, any random questions I have Shannon immediately sends me over the information I requested. We are so excited to share our special day with such genuine people, Andy & Shannon truly care about their venue and the families they work with. If you’re looking for a beautiful venue with amazing owners who will be there every step of the way, The Olde Farmhouse is the perfect choice. Although we haven’t had our wedding yet, we know it’s going to be such a beautiful day and we can’t wait to celebrate our special day at the Barn next year! Thank you for being so helpful. 💛

Sent on 09/02/2020

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

I am so glad that we get to be a part of your wedding day. Thank you for your kind words and for trusting us to make your day beautiful. We cannot wait to meet you in person!

Anna Starr · Married on 05/30/2020

Amazingly Creative!

When a national pandemic threatened to end my son’s wedding plans for this year, Andy and Shannon Minor stepped up to make it a memorable experience. They researched ways to make it safe for the small number of people gathered. Their creative style and close attention to detail was incredible. Despite some necessary changes due to the pandemic, this wedding was definitely not something we just “settled for.” Thanks to these owners, it was a dream come true!

Sent on 06/05/2020
  • Olivia

Olivia Stemen · Married on 01/07/2020

Phenomenal Experience All Around!

From the get-go our experience was great! We had a quick response time and we were able to visit the venue at a convenient time for us. We booked a long ways ahead of our wedding date. Throughout the entire process we kept in touch with Andy and Shannon. They are the most thoughtful and kind people we have ever met. They made our wedding day flow beautifully and as a bride, that is really all you could ask for! If I could rate them higher than 5 stars I would. I wish every business owner cared about their clients like these people do. Beautiful venue. I could go on for hours about how much I loved our experience but I will end it with if you are a bride reading reviews to choose the perfect wedding day, seriously, look no further. I promise you won't regret it.

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • W

Wendy Soubel · Married on 09/14/2019

Exceptional owners/managers

We decided on a different venue, but if your wedding theme is country or rustic, reserve the Olde Farmhouse Barn. We exchanged several phone calls and e-mails with Andy and Shannon, the owners, and visited their venue—1 of 7 places we saw and countless others we contacted. They stood out in their responsiveness, information shared and, most of all, warmth and friendliness. The experience and passion they bring to their work is exceptional and evident in the questions they asked and suggestions they made. We had no doubt that our wedding would go as we hoped with Andy and Shannon at the helm. Even in the depths of winter, we could envision a fall ceremony on the farmhouse’s lovely porch, social hour in the funky corn crib and reception and dancing in the well-maintained barn. While we did opt for a different location and look, just the interactions we had with Andy and Shannon helped to ensure we will have a better event.

Sent on 02/12/2019

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

It was wonderful getting to know you and John throughout your hunt for the perfect venue for your kids. We are disappointed we don't get to work with your family, but Kellogg Manor is beautiful and they will take wonderful care of you. Thank you for your kind words. We wish you all the best!
  • Ted

Ted Moon · Married on 04/06/2019

First-class treatment and a wonderful event, all around!

I had my second wedding here, after looking at a lot of venues. After my bride and I met with Shannon and Andrew Minor, we knew that we would be in great hands. Both of them, and all of their staff, handled every detail with such care and attention. We never had to worry about anything. And the setting was so beautiful… a perfect combination of rustic charm and classic elegance. Everyone had a great time… and it was a perfect start to my second (and final) marriage!

Sent on 05/02/2020
  • Heather

Heather Ferguson · Married on 10/20/2018

The best day ever...10.20.18

The Olde Farmhouse Barn in Marshall, Michigan was truly a "magical" place for us. Both Shannon & Andy, from the beginning, were amazing! Their catering service, Pistachios, was delicious (and deserves its own review)! They listened to our needs & wants and helped guide us on our pre-wedding journey!

The entire journey was exciting and naturally, overwhelming at times, but beautiful and I simply wanted to take in the entire experience! Bare with me, haha, this is going to be long, but deserving.....

To preface, as a bride-to-be, I had "waited" for my "right person" and wedding experience pretty much my whole life.... and here it was... happening right before my eyes. Once we booked with The Olde Farmhouse barn (etc), the time flew by! I wasn't nervous. I didn't have cold feet. I knew this was my person and this was meant to be. We knew what our wedding vision was, so there wasn't any need to freak out, per say.

Basically in a nutshell, the process of preparing wasn't as scary or as extremely overwhelming as I've heard it to be. Partially, because we kept things simple like decorations and choosing cupcakes... and primarily, The Olde Farmhouse Barn already had everything we needed or wanted! Their decorations truly were the biggest help. The lighting, the yard games, the fire pit, the staff, etc!! Andy always made sure we were happy, confident & content with everything!

When the day came, again, I wasn't scared or nervous at all... everyone checked in with me and my response was always "I'm just excited!!!" Then...2pm came around (wedding at 4pm) and it hit me....I started to become overwhelmed and anxious. The weather became erratic and so did my emotions. Fast forward to 4:10pm...on my way to the the barn with my bridesmaids... terribly concerned with the weather and was already late to my own wedding (of course lol), Shannon reminded me that "everything is okay! That everyone was socializing with each other in the barn, not getting wet!" lol, and not stress out over details! I was thankful, but my mind couldn't sit still (not in a bad way....something you'll understand when the time comes, I suppose)! We pull up to the bridal suite and I just lose it...I began crying! Cried my way right into the suite! Shannon reassured me that everything was wonderful! That we've got this!

I wasn't crying because I was upset, I mean yes- I'd hoped that the weather would be perfect, but I was crying because I was so overcome with happiness...this truly was one of thee best days of my life! Pulling into the barn driveway was like a beautiful dream...a fairytale dream type of feeling.

I cried and I laughed! The food was delicious! ProDj's entertainment were amazing and we just had thee most beautiful experience that will always be in our hearts for the rest of time!

So...would I suggest The Olde Farmhouse Barn? *Absolutely*, 100 times over! To Shannon and Andy, you both were amazing to us and for us! Thank you so much for being such a huge part in a day we'll never forget!

Sent on 10/27/2018

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

We are so happy for you and Nick and glad that we were able to help make your wedding dreams come true. Thank you for choosing to share your day with us.

I love the pictures you posted, especially the one of the two of you in the corn crib. I can't wait to see the rest. I almost didn't recognize the barn in the picture. That one must have been taken when you first visited the barn because all the landscaping and pathways aren't in there. It's amazing how much it has changed since then. Don't be strangers and hopefully we will see you at volleyball games next year if our girls play against each other again.

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

I want to start by saying I've been ready to write a review for the Olde Farmhouse Barn for the last 6 months, but figured I should at least wait until after our wedding!
    We had our ceremony on the front porch of the house, which was formerly a B&B that is absolutely gorgeous, and dependent on when you plan to host your event, COMPLETELY SHADED! It was fabulous. We lucked out with our weather, but it would be perfect in case your day happens to be a scorcher.
    The barn itself comfortably fit all 140 of our guests, plus, beautiful sidewalks and an enormous pebble sealed patio was perfect for our guests who wanted to explore a bit. I will tell you, photos do not do this gem the justice it deserves. You need to see it for yourself to really understand its charm. There is also a groomsman suite and a bridal suite on the property which were absolute game changers as we finished getting ready to walk down the aisle (which is actually a beautiful stone sidewalk).
    Our entire experience was elevated because of the graciousness, kindness and thoughtfulness of both Shannon and Andy Minor. Shannon and Andy worked their butts off preparing for our day, between all of the unanticipated landscape work to completing the awesome fire pit, we couldn't have asked for better hosts who have quickly become our friends. If you want to go somewhere that makes a venue feel like home, I highly suggest the Olde Farmhouse Barn.

Sent on 06/06/2018

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

Wow...your words made me tear up. We were so blessed that you and AJ chose to have your wedding at the Olde Farmhouse Barn. I'm glad that we were able to to help make your day everything that you dreamed it would be. We also feel like we gained friends during this process and we truly hope to stay in touch....maybe dinner in Jackson or something.

Wishing you and AJ all the happiness and love that life offers!

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

The Olde Farmhouse Barn was exactly what I was looking for when I was searching for the perfect wedding venue. The setting is just magical! The owners, Andy and Shannon, as well as the other staff really make your wedding day everything you imagined. They were so helpful in planning from start to finish, making sure every detail is just how you want! We were married at the farmhouse and utilized the barn and the entire grounds for our cocktail hour and reception. The barn is absolutely beautiful! All night long, I was hearing guests say they were amazed at how gorgeous and delicious everything was. The food was absolutely outstanding!! It was a beautiful fall day!! We had an amazing time and really enjoyed getting to know Andy and Shannon!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Aimee · Married on 09/23/2017

This place was absolutely fabulous. Awesome staff and Great Atmosphere.

Sent on 10/16/2017

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

Thank you! We are so glad that we got to share in your day.

Pamela · Married on 06/10/2017

We attended a wedding here. The owners and staff were excellent and very professional. They were attentive to all details and making sure that the wedding party and all of there guests were having a pleasurable day/evening. The meal was very good and the details impeccable! I highly recommend having your wedding here.

Sent on 07/05/2017

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time at The Olde Farmhouse Barn.
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/10/2017

The day we first visited the barn, I fell in love. I knew that this is where I would get married. Andy and Shannon were amazing to work with. They did everything we wanted and always had smiles on their faces. The value is amazing, they did all of the work and made the entire experience so easy. I would 100% recommend them to anyone who wants a rustic, outdoor wedding. The setting was beautiful, I mean how can you beat a gorgeous red barn and exquisite property. When I asked if we could bring out some games, they were so excited and even brought out a few of their own! The set up process was perfect and anything that I wanted to change, they did right away. The pictures turned out better than I could have ever imagined with all of the beautiful colors. If I ever have to have another big event I will definitely be having it at The Olde Farmhouse Barn.

Sent on 12/01/2017

Hannah · Married on 05/13/2017

Just had a wedding here last Saturday and it was amazing. The venue is gorgeous and had all the decorations it needed themselves. only thing i had to do was my centerpieces. Staff was amazing and helped with whatever we needed. Andy and Shannon were amazing on putting everything together that we wanted and Andy was there with any questions or concerns we had. He made you feel less stressed and was there to help with anything. There was a place for all of us to get ready that was beautiful and spacious. We had a blast there and it was all thanks to Andy, Shannon and the staff. the whole wedding went smooth and no complaints did i have with anything. They are also very accommodating with anything that you want to bring in for the wedding and are there to help you make it the dream wedding you have always wanted. The landscape was beautiful and there was some outdoor activities for kids and a lot of room for them to run and walk around. Thank you Andy and Shannon for making my dream wedding a day i will never forget. Love you guys!

Shawn and Hannah Hannahs

Sent on 05/16/2017

Molly · Married on 05/05/2017

It is beautiful out there it made my wedding into my dream wedding. All of my guests complemented how beautiful the wedding turned out. Usually you don't have very good food at weddings but there food was outstanding. If I have another party I would go to them for food. Andy and Shannon help with everything through out the process getting up to the big day. They are like family at the end.

Sent on 05/06/2017

Denise · Married on 10/15/2016

Shannon and Andy bring more to the table than you expect. When planning our wedding my husband and I had something in mind for what we wanted. Andy and Shannon were beyond flexible and invested many hours in cultivating a wedding that worked selectively for us. They were patient and beyond kind. Our wedding that was beyond what we expected. We had gotten married between two trees that were near the front porch and had our reception inside the barn. I am so very thankful to have chosen The Olde Farmhouse Barn and have Shannon and Andy be a part of our big day.

Sent on 11/18/2016

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We wish you and Paul all the happiness in life and marriage. Please don't be strangers when you're in town for Roller Derby.

chris · Married on 10/08/2016

The folks at the Olde Farmhouse have been more than accommodating thus far. We absolutely love the venue, having the catering business right there is only a plus! The prices are pretty darn good too! ;-)

Highly recommend TOFB to any couple who wants a shabby/sheek rustic wedding venue!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Jacky · Married on 09/24/2016

The venue is gorgeous all in itself. We were married on the front porch. Reception and festivities were held in a tent and the barn. If you're looking for awesome people to help guide, cheer you on, and lend you a listening ear or a helping hand Andy and Shannon (the owners) are those people!
    They helped our wedding be a special day that we will never ever forget!

Sent on 10/02/2016

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

We were so honored to be a part of your day and blessed with your friendship along the way. We look forward to seeing you up north. We wish you all the happiness and love in your marriage.

It was an absolute perfect day! I came with a vision, but Andy and Shannon out it all together.

Sent on 12/21/2016

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We have been blessed with the couples we have worked with. Best wishes!

The venue for our reception just screamed romance and elegance! The owners truly made us look like a class act. Our family could not believe how amazing our reception was. Shannon & Andy and their crew pulled it off without a single hitch. Thank you from the bottom of our heart.

Sent on 11/21/2016

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

You're so sweet...Thank you for your words and kindness.

Kim · Married on 07/12/2016

We used the Olde Farmhouse Barn for my daughter's wedding shower. Absolutely beautiful venue which was perfect for Ashley's special day. Shannon and Andy were beyond accommodating, friendly and professional!!

Sent on 07/12/2016

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

Thank you for everything, Kim. It was such a pleasure working with you on Ashley's bridal shower. I hope her wedding was beautiful and everything she imagined.

Samantha · Married on 06/03/2016

Andy and Shannon were absolutely the best!! They listened to my wants and needs as a bride! I was planning from several states down south and Andy and Shannon made it smooth and easy! They are a wonderful couple with a great venue and catering company! I was able to see the venue twice before the big day! My expectations were exceeded! Anything I wanted or needed, they were there! Beautiful location. Beautiful space. Delicious food! They even made some of our southern favorites like jambalaya and cornbread!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Marrisa · Married on 05/21/2016

The Olde Farnhouse Barn was fanulous and so was my wedding. I didn't realize how stressful it was to plan a wedding, but Shannon and Andy eased my mind and were ready to jump in and help me with whatever I needed. They put a lot of love in everything they do from maintaining the gorgeous property, to setting up, to taking care of their clients. They truly want your day to be as special and perfect as you do.

Sent on 12/18/2016

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

Thank you for choosing The Olde Farmhouse Barn and putting your trust in us. I am happy that we were able to be a part of your day and help make your wedding dreams come true.

Sharon · Married on 03/11/2016

We just got married here on June 17, 2016 and it was everything I dreamed it would be. The grounds were immaculate and barn clean and decorated so beautifully! The crib had such character and we had so much fun taking pictures in it. Shannon and Andy were very accommodating and willing do do anything to make your day just as you dreamed it to be!
    Thank you Shannon and Andy for doing just that! Your place is so beautiful! I will highly recommend it to everyone! God Bless! Sharon & Robert Hepner

Sent on 07/13/2016

Katy · Married on 08/15/2015

John and Mary were wonderful to work with! Mary was so on top of things, and John keeps the property looking amazing. They both took care of the wedding, caterer, and DJ. They told people where to be and when, it was great. They took so many things off my plate. Then on top of a great wedding they allowed us to stay at the B&B for under $100, and made us breakfast in the opening that was amazing!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Amber · Married on 07/11/2015

Mary and John were amazing from the start and I couldn't be happier with how things turn out.
    This was a super budget friendly option for me (I think they should probably charge more for everything you get!)
    They took care of so many more things than other barn/non typical venues in Michigan I was looking at- they provide tables, chairs, linens, staff including to help coordinate the day of and a bartender.
    Another thing I love is they have 4 bedrooms on location to rent for under $100 a room. The girls in the bridal party stayed the night before so it was great to wake up to an amazing breakfast.
    They were very friendly and knowledgeable and even allowed us to use some of the beautiful décor they had on site, and also took care of helping to set appetizers and cupcakes and keep things filled.
    I would also recommend using Famous Dave's BBQ, Ghost rider DJ and buying bulk flowers from Sam's Club to save money!

Sent on 07/28/2015

The Olde Farmhouse Barn's reply:

Amber...you were a joy to work with as well. Thank you for your kind words, as well as your recommendations of the other vendors you used. Since your wedding, we have asked Pistachios Catering & Events to partner with us in order to be able to provide our couples with an all-inclusive venue that also provides custom catering with delicious food that the chef's make from scratch. I know our clients will love them as much as we do.