320 S Main, Plymouth, MI 48170 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2

About THE MAKEUP LOFT

A hair and makeup company in Plymouth, Michigan, The Makeup Loft specializes in enhancing your unique beauty and features for special occasions. Having serviced more than 150 weddings, the team of experienced artists makes sure you are in good hands so that you can relax and enjoy the whole experience. At The Makeup Loft, their mission is to empower you and bring out your individuality so that you’ll look and feel amazing on your wedding day.

Consultations and trial runs are available for brides and attendants, and multiple stylists are available on-site for groups of five or more. The Makeup Loft offers natural and contour makeup, as well as false lashes and lash extensions. They also provide blowouts, updos, textured styling, and hair extensions for a beautiful, finished look. Men’s grooming is also available.

Other Services

The Makeup Loft also provides skincare services. Waxing services are offered, and facials are provided if desired.

Areas Covered

The Makeup Loft provides services for Plymouth and Detroit, Michigan, and is willing to travel for an additional fee.

Follow THE MAKEUP LOFT on

THE MAKEUP LOFT 2
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 06/29/2019

Absolutely beautiful work!

We used The Makeup Loft for my hair and makeup, as well as for my bridesmaids, mom, flower girl, etc. Makeup artists and hair stylists came to the hotel suite we were staying at and did our hair and makeup on site, which was so amazing. The stylists we had, Jalyn, Rachel, and Allie, were on time and so nice! All of my bridal party was so happy with their hair and makeup, and so was I. I could not be happier!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Alyssa · Married on 05/11/2019

Million-dollar looks for much less

The Makeup Loft made me feel and look like a million bucks (but for much, much less) on my wedding day, and I can’t thank or recommend them enough! I was quite skeptical of whether I needed makeup or my hair done (couldn’t I just do it myself and save lots of money?), but a friend who had recently gotten married raved about The Makeup Loft. I now understand why and join her in raving about The Makeup Loft. The women did a fabulous job getting the exact makeup look I wanted on the first try (natural and soft), and the makeup even didn’t make me break out the next day! They also make their own makeup, so you can buy, for instance, lipstick in the exact shade to re-apply on the day of. They even matched my Chinese mother’s skin-tone on the first try, and the makeup didn’t turn her orange over the day, which is usually the challenge with makeup on her skin. I have similar compliments for the hair! They got my very slippery hair to stay in place all day, and it was actually quite comfortable as well as matching my dress perfectly. They worked with all lengths, from my very long hair to my mother-in-law’s short hair, and did a beautiful job with everyone’s! To save yourself hassle and feel incredible on your wedding day, book The Makeup Loft! I am so glad I did.

Sent on 06/09/2019

THE MAKEUP LOFT FAQ

• What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 75.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? No
  • What is the starting price for facials? $ 75.00
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Facials, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Mult. Stylists, Spa, Licensed, Skincare
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Extensions, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling, Hair Trial
  • What makeup services do you offer? Contour Makeup, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup Trial, Fake Lashes

Real Weddings

• SprayChic Airbrush Tanning
    SprayChic Airbrush Tanning Wedding Hair & Makeup

The MakeUp Loft is made up of amazing professionals. Janelle and her staff do such great work and I trust them with not only my makeup, but to send my clients to them for their special occasions.

• Lemus Photography
    Lemus Photography Wedding Photographers

Janelle Thomason of The Makeup Loft is the go-to studio for professionals. She is a nationally sought makeup artist working with screen talent and other notable clients, and yet she has a very amiable personality. Her work is beautiful to capture!

• Custom Creations & Invitations
    Custom Creations & Invitations Wedding Invitations

I highly recommend Janelle and staff for their work. I've worked with Janelle before and feel very confident in sending my clients to her. She does excellent work and is very personable and accommodating. Karen Bailey, Custom Creations & Invitations

• 320 S Main Plymouth, Michigan, 48170 See on map