THE MAKEUP LOFT Reviews

65 Reviews for THE MAKEUP LOFT

THE MAKEUP LOFT 1
THE MAKEUP LOFT 2

Grace · Married on 06/09/2018

I absolutely loved my experience! I had never gotten my make-up done before, and had only gotten my hair done once before, and these ladies made me feel super comfortable. I felt like I looked natural and like myself, and the make-up was super light-weight and stayed nice all evening. My bridesmaids, mom, and MIL also enjoyed the experience - their staff were polite, made sure everyone was comfortable, and were prompt in their arrival and set-up. We were so happy with the way everything turned out!!

Tressa · Married on 09/23/2017

Okay--brides, you HAVE to book The Makeup Loft for your big day! Not only do they do a phenomenal job on makeup, but they have the option of adding hair services, too, which I did and I loved! I knew from the moment I had my engagement photo makeup done by Alyssa that I was going to book them for my wedding day. Janelle and her team are extremely professional, do very high-quality work and work at a quick pace for how crazy mornings of weddings can be! All of the ladies I had contact with from the very beginning to the end were nothing but helpful and so sweet. My bridal party received so many compliments on how they looked and their looks stayed flawless the entire day and night! I hope the next wedding I'm in uses The Makeup Loft for makeup and hair! :)

• His4Ever

Angel · Married on 09/03/2017

Tila and Courtney were absolutely amazing!!!! Not only did I look gorgeous, but I felt it!!! My bridal party looked fabulous! I wanted a 1920's inspired retro Hollywood do for myself and the party, they delivered with a wow factor!!! The makeup feels light and airy and lasts all night! I went to sleep in it and still woke up looking radiant!! I cannot thank them enough for the phenomenal job this ladies did!! Thank you makeup loft......and I applaud your skills Tila and Courtney!

THE MAKEUP LOFT 3
    THE MAKEUP LOFT 4

Jennifer · Married on 07/22/2017

The Makeup Loft was the perfect choice for my bridal hair and makeup for my wedding day! I did two trials for my hair, and fell in love with my first trial of makeup. The owner, Janelle, is the creator of their amazing makeup line, Cosmakery, which was long lasting, felt light and airy, and gave a flawless look without airbrushing. Janelle did the makeup for me, my mom, and my four bridesmaids on the day of my wedding. Jackie and Sara did our hair on the day of the wedding. Everyone felt so beautiful and confident going into the big day! The Makeup Loft is as cute and cozy location to get ready at, and we had the whole place to ourselves! The Makeup Loft allows you to get ready at their location or they travel to wherever you are choosing to get ready for your wedding. We brought in snacks, mimosas, and played our own playlist while we got ready. They were able to get all six of us completely ready in 2 hours, which allowed us extra time before the ceremony to get to the venue for last minute set up and photos without feeling rushed! I highly recommend them to any brides who are looking for a friendly, professional, high quality location to transform them into the most beautiful versions of themselves!

Devan · Married on 07/22/2017

Book The Makeup Loft for your wedding - you won't regret it!! Their hair & makeup professionals are seriously top-notch. I was looking for bridal makeup that was special, but not overdone, and Lindsey at The Makeup Loft absolutely hit it out of the park with their signature application. I ended up choosing to have individual false lashes (for a small extra charge) to really make my eyes pop, and I was happy that I got to try those out as a part of my trial. Tila and Elise were our hair stylists, and their ability to look at a photo and re-create the style was just amazing. The whole team arrived at the hotel promptly on our wedding day and got everyone done with time to spare. Thank you Makeup Loft!

• Andrea

Andrea · Married on 06/02/2017

Everyone I have met at The Makeup Loft has been extremely welcoming and nice and I loved having the chance to work with Tila and Lindsay on my wedding day. It was especially great that they were able to travel to us in Ann Arbor so that we could get ready in our hotel room, which took away some of the stress from our morning. I have had my makeup done elsewhere in the past before but always ended up hating it because it was too heavy. Lindsay really focused on accentuating my features instead of overdoing it so I was very happy with how things turned out. Tila was a hoot, I loved how she styled my hair and I felt very comfortable with her. I even ended up purchasing my hair piece from here and it was beautiful! My hair and make up lasted all day and night, and was even in pretty good shape when I woke up the next morning, ha! I would definitely recommend them in the future.

• MIadventure773

Yana · Married on 05/27/2017

The Makeup Loft was recommended to me by my wedding planner who used them for her wedding (which says a lot). I was thrilled with Janelle and her team's service. They did hair and makeup on me and 5 of my girls at our hotel, and did a great job. On the wedding day, they were on time, kept us on time and catered to each person's needs. My makeup stayed in place all night even though I was sweating bullets from dancing. Hiring The Makeup Loft is a no brainer, and it was actually much cheaper than using my regular hair dresser.

• W

Whitney · Married on 04/15/2017

Janelle and her team are incredible!! They did my wedding party's (8 people) hair and makeup for the big day. They were so efficient and quick, yet their quality of work is absolutely phenomenal. Janelle's team communicates so well and made us all feel so wonderful on the day of. They were able to capture my wedding party's qualities so well-- everyone looked their absolute best!! I have never felt more beautiful and comfortable in my own skin! I plan on going to the makeup loft in the future because they are the absolute best at what they do!! Our makeup and hair lasted through the night and the makeup was so high quality! I cannot rave enough about this team! Thank you so much, makeup loft! --Whitney LaBeau

Jennifer · Married on 12/31/2016

I got married on NYE 2016 at The Inn at St. John's and had 8 bridesmaids. The ladies from the Makeup Loft came to us and did an amazing job and man did they move fast! All of us girls were ready before noon so we had time to relax and enjoy the day. I wanted to look natural but feel beautiful and they did an amazing job. :)

Kendra · Married on 12/30/2016

AMAZING!!!! Janelle is the best make-up artist around. She was SO much fun during our on-site wedding party getting ready. She made me feel very relaxed and very beautiful. My hair was also spectacular-my whole bridal party looked and felt like models My make-up was on point-and did not budge...for 2 whole days-NO joke. If you want to look polished and natural, The Make Up Loft is your place!!!

• Amber Z

Amber · Married on 11/05/2016

Janelle and her team are AMAZING!!! They arrived right on time, even though there was a shut down on the only highway to my venue, she still made it there a few minutes early. Her and the two girls doing our hair were so nice and friendly, we really enjoyed having them there. They made everyone feel very comfortable. Everyone looked SO beautiful. I was so happy with my hair and my makeup. My curls and my makeup lasted all night, even after the wedding. I noticed that the girls kept looking at themselves in the mirror, they just knew they looked beautiful and really made them feel great. We all received tons of compliments from everyone. Janelle and everyone at The Makeup Loft are true professionals.

Melissa · Married on 10/15/2016

Makeup Loft was amazing. They were so incredibly professional and accommodating throughout the entire process. They listened completely to what I was looking for on my big day and I felt beautiful. They came on site to do my hair and make up as well as my girls and my mom. We were all amazed at how efficient they were. My girls even said that they have never liked their hair or makeup more than when it was done by Makeup Loft. Not only that, but all of our hair and makeup stayed THE ENTIRE NIGHT. I literally danced for six hours and was ridiculously sweaty and my makeup still looked flawless. It was amazing. Would highly recommend.

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2016

The Makeup Loft was AMAZING and I have been telling everyone to use them! My bridesmaids and I all like the natural look, not too much makeup, and that is exactly what they delivered. Extremely easy to work with, walked through the look with each girl, and did touch ups at the end. Yes they may be slightly more expensive then other options, but you absolutely get what you pay for, and the quality is above and beyond. I love the foundation so much that I ended up buying it for myself to use. They were very responsive and open to answering all the questions I had. Day of, they were perfectly on-time, and everyone was done in the allotted amount of time, so we stayed right on time all day. I love that my bridesmaids and myself all look like ourselves in the photos - not overdone or looking like we have stage makeup on. We look like ourselves, just a little better : ) I would highly recommend The Makeup Loft for any event makeup needs!

Elise · Married on 09/09/2016

The Makeup Loft was the absolute best choice for my wedding day! I work as a wedding coordinator so I've gotten to connect with many talented hair and makeup professionals, but despite meeting so many I KNEW as soon as I got engaged that the absolute best choice for my wedding day beauty needs was hands down The Makeup Loft in Plymouth. The team there is so talented, kind, and fun, and you really feel special and pampered with them while you're getting ready. I have never felt more beautiful and confident in my life, and truly their service were above and beyond my wildest dreams. Danielle, Talia (spelling?!) and Ellise were incredible and I honestly don't know when I will stop tearing up every time I see a photo of my hair and makeup- so amazing! Hair and Makeup is certainly one area of your wedding that you do not want to skimp on (you're paying all that money for photo and video anyways, why stop short when you're going to be the one IN the photos and video?!), and with The Makeup Loft you certainly will not be skimping on the amazing services they offer! I would recommend them to absolutely anybody looking to have the happily ever after of their dreams.

Courtney · Married on 12/31/2015

The Makeuploft was absolutely amazing. At my trial they were helpful when I was indecisive and made each and every bridesmaid look their best.

• User5519101 · 2+ years ago

My bridesmaids & I used The Makeup Loft ! It was an amazing experience, Courtney & Ashley were great, they were so friendly & we all felt that they truly loved being apart of my special day! Hair & Makeup lasted all day! They were very educated on all the cosmakery products they had used. When booking my wedding with The Makeup Loft, Allie was very helpful in all my questions & concerns. I would HIGHLY suggest going with The Makeup Loft on your wedding day!

• Kristina

Kristina · Married on 08/29/2015

The Makeup Loft provided such excellent service for my wedding. Several members of the bridal party received hair and/or makeup services and each and every woman looked gorgeous. I love that they traveled to us so getting ready was relaxed and fun. I also love that they had such a natural approach to both hair and makeup, so everyone looked like themselves. I specifically recommend Courtney for both hair and makeup. She was quick to respond to hesitations and fix anything that needed fixing. Very intuitive and responsive.

The cost could be considered high to some, however, I felt that hair and makeup were important factors and each were absolutely worthwhile. Communication with The Makeup Loft was easy and quick. They were flexible when I needed to change the amount of services a few different times. Definitely have a trial so you can work out any kinks ahead of time.

The Makeup Loft made my bridal party and I look GORGEOUS!!! I was so so happy with my decision to work with them for my wedding. Don't hesitate to book them as they fill up fast. My friend used them for her wedding so I booked a trial with them to try it out. I loved not only the application, but the makeup itself. Janelle knows what she is talking about and everyone really looked beautiful. My hair was perfect, Rachel can perfectly copy any pinterest photo, I was amazed. My sisters and I all purchased products from their cosmakery line and we are looking forward to booking some sort of beauty party (glaminar) in the future. I also want to comment on their ability to get a lot of people's hair and makeup done in a small amount of time. I had my hair and makeup plus my 9 bridesmaids and they were able to finish everyone within a few hour window. They even let me add 2 more people the day of the wedding. Janelle and Rachel are the best!! THANK YOU so much.

Sara · Married on 06/27/2015

LOVED the makeup loft. From my trial to my big day they were absolutely amazing! I can't say enough great things about them! I don't wear a lot of makeup on a day to day basis and she made me look absolutely amazing! I felt so pretty all night and I owe it all to her! She was so great with my hair and makeup and I would totally recommend any of their artists to any bride! They came to my house at 745 and had all of us (me and 6 others) done by 11am and they were so professional! My makeup looked so natural just the way I wanted and my hair stayed in place all night! Thank you so much to the Makeup loft!

Carrey · Married on 05/30/2015

The whole team at The Makeup Loft was wonderful through my planning time, even through last minute changes. Everyone's hair was perfect & even my hair stayed put the whole night! Highly recommended for any bride-to-be or any one looking to beautify a special occasion.

Lisa · Married on 03/14/2015

Janelle is seriously amazing! Not to mention sweet, easy to work with, and professional. In the past I had never liked getting my makeup done so I was a little nervous approaching my trial, but the work she does is natural, gorgeous and soft. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day, but still like I looked like me. The Makeup Loft team came to the bridal suite on the morning of my wedding and were timely, organized, and all did beautiful work with hair and makeup. Lasted all day! I would definitely recommend to others, and I look forward to getting my makeup done by Janelle in the future when I have an event in the area.

I can honestly say that the Makeup Loft made me more beautiful for my wedding than I have ever been in my entire life. I was extremely nervous about getting my makeup professionally done because I rarely wear any and feared that it would look like too much, it wasn't. THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. They made my entire bridal party look amazing and I am so grateful to them for making my wedding day a little bit easier. THANK YOU GUYS!

Jamie · Married on 08/23/2014

Book them now! They are professional and amazing at what they do. It's also great to have a relaxing day with no running around, they come to you!
    Janelle did make up and Courtney did my hair, both looked fantastic.
    They come in with all their supplies, set up shop and take control. All the girls loved their hair and make up. The make up is not that scary overdone look. It's soft and gorgeous but still very glamorous. They are truly hair and make up artists.
    Oh, they're all so nice too! You'll love chit chatting with them while they do their thing.
    Jamie in the office is also wonderful, sweet and professional too.

Side note: Their blotting powder is awesome! I use mine everyday now.

• KESWalle

Kandra · Married on 03/01/2014

Wow I dont even have words to describe how beautiful you made me feel on my wedding day. I am a VERY picky person when it comes to my hair and makeup and the makeup loft surpassed all of my expectations, I knew they must be good from all of these reviews but I was still nervous. I have a large scar on my left cheek and I was extremely nervous because I did not have a trial and my scar is pretty deep and can be hard to cover - but oh my gosh they were amazing, you cant even see my scar in the photos. I cannot thank you enough for making me feel the most beautiful I have EVER felt and for doing such an amazing job on my bridesmaids hair + makeup! You were truly our glam squad!! - The Sobels