The Grand Opera House was built in 1870 by the Grand Lodge of Mason's to serve as their home location. Designed by Delaware architect Thomas Dixon in the Second Empire style, The Grand features a distinctive façade of cast iron adorned with Masonic images. In 1909, The Grand was briefly converted into a regular stop on the vaudeville circuit and then transitioned into a movie theater. The building was allowed to fall into decline and sadly closed its doors in 1967. Over the next few years, a thoughtful and complete restoration was undertaken. The Grand was rededicated on February 1, 1973, and began again to present the finest performing artists from around the world. Perfect venue with various spaces to provide a rustic wedding atmosphere for someone looking to hold an event outside of the ordinary types of locations typically offered.
Other couples have also viewed:
The Grand Opera House Price Rates