165 River Road, Brunswick, ME 04011 Map · Phone number

0.5
      3.0
      2.5
      1.5

The space was huge and was a "clean slate" for us to decorate in. The food was good and the employees that served it were very nice.

We were told that the employees would setup the decorations. Some friends showed up to monitor it a few hours before the wedding and not a single decoration had been setup yet so they had to call the groom and the groomsmen and they all had to stop what they were doing to go setup.

It was unbelieveably hot. No fans were setup. The cake actually started to melt and it took the groom's 15 year old daughter to yell at someone to get it back into the fridge before anyone on the staff even did anything about it. I didn't notice until I was cake-cutting. We also picked our cake blindly -- we were never able to taste-test the cake ahead of time. But it was a beautiful cake (very basic, no fondant) despite the melting.

The communication was severely lacking. I had numerous attempts to contact the event coordinator and received no call back. I attempted to contact the GM as well and received no call back from him. We were very close to canceling with them at the last minute.

I would not recommend this place for the reception to anyone who cares about attention to detail and ample communication (as most brides do.)

Sent on 06/25/2010