636 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 3

About The Blackstone

Artistically inclined. Relish in the possibilities of hosting a lavish affair in meticulously restored spaces of the original hotel that whisk you back to an era of splendor and elegance. Our historic architecture combines contemporary design that welcomes visitors to a memorable and unique experience. Your guests will love a hotel that puts them in the heart of Chicago’s intriguing Cultural Mile on famed Michigan Avenue, just steps from many of the city’s major attractions, & easily accessible to its two major airports & public transportation.

The Crystal Ballroom, outfitted with the hotel's original chandeliers, can accomodate up to 200 guests seated with a dancefloor. The Cocktail Hour would take place just one floor up in our Art Hall, a gallery adorned with rotating art by local artists.

To some, catering is simply a matter of taste, but we believe catering should touch all of the senses. A menu should be an invitation to taste, see, feel, sip, hear, and try something wonderfully new and original. Whether for business or social events, our catering menus are carefully designed by our executive chef to complement a wide range of tastes, trends, and traditions – using only the freshest ingredients and the most memorable presentations.

Follow The Blackstone on

17 Reviews for The Blackstone

• Leslie

Leslie Cannon · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Beautiful Ballroom Wedding

With so many options for a downtown Chicago wedding, we were so lucky we stumbled upon the Blackstone. They do EVERYTHING for you. I had no idea where to start with caterers, linens, outside vendors, etc., so the Blackstone was the perfect one stop shop. Not to mention the ballroom is gorgeous, the food was fantastic, and the staff was so easy to work with. We worked with Kelly Smith and she is just a dream. She answered all of my questions and was there on the day of to coordinate deliveries, tell vendors where to set up and make sure everything ran smoothly overall. I can't tell you how many people complimented us on our wedding, when in reality, the Crystal Ballroom speaks for itself and the Blackstone staff handled everything effortlessly. I can't recommend the Blackstone and Kelly enough, our wedding was absolutely perfect and it's such a compliment to hear the same from our guests. I wouldn't change a thing from working with this amazing team and want to attend more weddings here.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Martinez · Married on 09/20/2019

Our dream wedding come true!

I can't say enough good things about this venue, our catering manager (Kelly Smith), and the staff. Kelly was so helpful and always there to answer the millions of questions I had. The hotel is gorgeous and well worth the price; you don't need much decorations because it's beautiful by itself. The hotel rooms are so chic, clean, and can come with some amazing views. The food is sooo good and the service is impeccable. I could go on and on. We're so happy we chose to have our wedding here. It was a dream come true!

Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 07/20/2019

BEST hotel block experience

I love love love The Blackstone! And it's pretty much all thanks to their events coordinator, Kathryn Colbert.

First off, the hotel itself is stunning. The decor is a perfect display of Art Deco glam that gives that wow factor the moment you step into the lobby. Yet, the guest rooms are crisp and modern. I got ready the morning of my wedding in The Blackstone's "Smoke-Filled Suite" and it was absolutely perfect. I was apprehensive about the old-world style (a stark contrast to both the Art Deco lobby and modern guest rooms), but I didn't even notice it day-of. And all anyone could say when they saw the space was, "Oh. My. God." I seriously wish I had a recording of my mom when she first stepped foot inside the suite! Sweeping views of Lake Michigan, two bathrooms, four separate spaces, and a TV in the bathroom mirror? What's not to love?

But what really made The Blackstone stand out was the service. Kathryn left a welcome note in each of our getting-ready suites as well as my parents' rooms. And leading up to the day, she went above and beyond to make sure my grandparents had a proper, handicapped-accessible adjoining room and that all the last-minute add-on reservations received the same room block welcome amenities. She worked with us on Marriott points, welcome bag details, and early check-in requests. And all the while did so with the upmost professionalism and kindness that went unrivaled throughout all my wedding planning.

I'm so so happy to have hosted my wedding hotel block here. And I'm already looking for a reason to come back!

Sent on 08/15/2019

The Blackstone Pricing

The Blackstone Price Rates

The Blackstone FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 1000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Glassware
    Linens
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Dessert
    Server(s)
    Wedding Cake
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 60.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    Champagne Toast
    House Beer
    House Wine
    Open Bar
    Premium Liquor
    Specialty Beer
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Banquet Hall
    Historic Building
    Hotel
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Lighting / Sound
    Pet Friendly
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Champagne Toast
    House Wine
    Open Bar
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
  • What event items are available?
    Chairs
    Dance Floor
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Valet
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    February
    March

Real Weddings

• 636 S. Michigan Avenue Chicago, 60605 See on map
    Location of (The Blackstone)