The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection

Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection

The Alexandrian, named for city founders John and Philip Alexander and built on their family homestead, embodies the spirit of celebrated Old Town. Its King Street location close to the waterfront and minutes from Washington DC by Metro or ferry is unparalleled. Inside, its 241 rooms and suites include four dual-level loft suites and three specialty suites ranging from the 629 square-foot Eleanor Suite (a brides’ favorite) to the expansive 1,600 square-foot Majestic Suite that can accommodate 20 for a wow-inspiring get-together or up to four overnight. The indoor heated pool is trimmed in wrought iron lounge chairs and the damask reception area is lively in turquoise and burgundy hues. Top-tier weddings and meetings regularly grace the 9,000 square feet of event space. Four-legged family members are always welcome and treated like royalty. Brilliant blues, yellows and reds adorn tufted settees atop geometric-patterned rugs embracing a bold dual-personality in this one-of-a-kind Alexandria hotel.

Categories: Wedding Venue

Parking (1)
Valet (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

2.0

We used The Alexandrian as one of our room blocks for our wedding. When we originally signed our contract, it was with Kimpton Hotels; however, by the time we were informed the name of the hotel as well as the management had changed, we had already printed our wedding invitations. We reached out to the sales manager to try and ameliorate the situation, and while we were provided with a very nice discount for the Eleanor Suite to use during our wedding weekend, the responsiveness of the team was very slow and often times, we were given incorrect information. Our booking link took over 3 weeks to create, and was done incorrectly 3 times.

Upon arrival on the weekend of the wedding, things only got worse. First of all, not a single guest was given their welcome box upon arrival that my planner dropped off at the front desk. We either had to track it down with staff, or even worse, the front desk staff would leave a voicemail saying there was a box downstairs for them and to come get it themselves. Next, after being promised that my grandmother's room would be adjacent to my parents in case my parents needed to get into her room in the case of medical emergency, we arrived to find that not to be the case. Not only that, but my grandmother's room was not ready at check-in, and once it was, the front desk refused to give my mother my grandmother's room key, insisting my 91 year old grandmother needed to come down and get it herself. Also, one of my bridesmaids' reservations went missing (they did offer her an upgrade, but still... she reserved in the room block. What happened?). Finally, after 12 hours of waiting for a mini fridge that actually worked for the bridal suite, we were finally brought one, but the staff member refused to take the old one leaving it in the middle of the suite.

Long story short- it was quite an ordeal and unfortunately made me much more stressed than I should have been on my wedding weekend. Really, really not pleasant.

Profile Picture Tyler, 4/22/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite

We stayed at this hotel on our wedding night, and I used the Mediterranean Suite to also get ready for our big day! My 2 bridesmaids and I had our hair and makeup done in the suite and we ordered room service, the hotel was very professional and accommodating despite recently changing in management!

Profile Picture Erin, 1/7/17, 10 Reviews