619 E Main Street, Gatesville, TX 76528 Map · Phone number

About Straw Hat Photos

F r e d

Photography has become a passion for me.

I've been taking pictures since I purchased my first camera back in high school and . . .I've never quit.
In fact, my family and friends get frustrated because I'm always dragging a camera around taking their picture—so, I've decided to give them a break and point my camera at others!

To me, photography is a form of art, and that's how you'll find my approach. If I were stuck in a studio, my life would be filled with punching out repetitive studio portraits. But, since this is my passion, I have the creative freedom to consider every picture a piece of art. One visit to the online galleries and I believe you'll see a clear focus on the personality I've been able to capture in photography.

I use the best equipment on the market today! Nikon's newest professional digital camera, the Nikon D3, plus my investment in professional lenses, gives me a competitive edge that pays off in the end product.

Shortly after a shoot, I depend on the very best software for processing--Photoshop CS5. The clarity I'm able to achieve in every picture is the result of extensive training on this software. I'm a member of the Texas Professional Photographers Association and some of my work has won grand champion recognition . . .you'll find these in the gallery as well.

My studio sits on 30 acres along the Leon River with great places for capturing very special moments—indoors and out!

Of course, I'm available by appointment to attend your events at locations other than Peacock River Ranch.

L i s a

I work with Fred. I will be posing you, your family and guests throughout the ceremony, reception and any other bridal or engagement sessions. I work at getting backdrops, props & furniture that will make our photos more interesting! I also help you with paperwork, financing and will make your beautiful bridal books and albums. I also process photos using the latest version of Photoshop.

texasranch0004
fredlisa
fd030802842soft

1 Reviews for Straw Hat Photos

Debra · Married on 03/08/2014

Fred and Lisa did our engagement session and wedding photography. They were friendly and professional, and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. The photographs were beautiful!!! I highly recommend!!

Sent on 03/16/2014

Straw Hat Photos FAQ

• Peacock River Ranch
    Peacock River Ranch Barn & Farm Weddings

Fred & Lisa Daschofsky of Straw Hat Photos are our preferred wedding photographers. They own the property where our Shady Grove venue is located. They have been doing photography for decades and will make your special day last a lifetime through bridal albums and other reproductions. Visit their website at www.strawhatphotos.com.

• 619 E Main Street Gatesville, 76528 See on map