Steve Bowman Photography

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,200 Most Popular Price

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,200 Most Popular Price

Based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Steve Bowman Photography specializes in giving clients a seamless, streamlined, and professional experience. Steve has been a part of the Wisconsin wedding industry since 2009. Artistic integrity is integral to his work, and he encourages all of his clients to trust his creativity and experience. Hiring Steve Bowman Photography means getting an exceptionally fast turnaround time, making for efficient delivery of photos.

Steve's vision prioritizes a creative approach, which is styled to fit the client. His experience allows minimal posing and direction, helping clients to stay relaxed and sessions to flow naturally. On the wedding day, Steve focuses on being as unobtrusive as possible. This results in authentic collections of real, unposed moments. This photographer offers the following services:

• Additional hours
  • Full processing and digital delivery
  • Personal usage license and liability insurance
  • A one-event-per-day policy
  • Complimentary gallery and direct downloads
  • Second photographer at all sessions

Other Services

In addition to the above wedding-related services, Steve Bowman includes additional services. These can cover engagement sessions and drone photography capture. Also available are at-cost products and photobooks, as well as full retouching services.

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$2000

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Save the Date

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2200

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Save the Date

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Natural
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

• Anna
    Anna B. Getting married on 06/04/2022

Incredible experience

Steve and Pat were absolutely incredible!!! We were dumbfounded at the quality and turnaround time of receiving the engagement and wedding photos (a sneak peak the same day and the rest of them the day after). They captured so many emotions in our photos, and it immediately brought us right back into the moment, often times bringing us to genuine tears. We keep watching the slideshow of the photos on a loop, and announced that “our favorite picture is coming up” approximately every 20 pictures. They somehow blended into the party, while also being everywhere and capturing everything at the same time. We never felt like we had camera lenses up in our face at any point. One of our guests jokingly mentioned how they both were moving like ninjas through the weeds and shrubbery during the ceremony… and we had no idea! That brought such a smile to our faces, because it perfectly encapsulates how hard they work to make things look so easy and effortless. We had complete trust in Steve when we felt a tap on our shoulder during the dance when he said we had a small window of a sunset to work with. We felt like models for the first time in our lives and they gave a us, couple who rarely has photos taken care of them, a confidence boost and the photos of a lifetime. Steve and Pat were incredible at providing direction, a sense of humor, and amazing talent which resulted in such a perfect product.

We talked with multiple photographers during the wedding planning process, and Steve Bowman Photography was the best decision of our entire day. They were easy to get along with, great and timely with communication throughout the entire process, and we could not be any happier with the final result!!!
    Sarah T. Married on 09/04/2021

Highly recommend!!

If you’re thinking of booking Steve for your special day, do it! Steve was so awesome to work with from start to finish. He is professional, timely, and so fun to work with. He made our wedding party feel at ease the whole time which really shows in our pictures. We are so very happy with all the pictures and how Steve captured our perfect day.
    Ashley R. Married on 08/28/2021

Unlike any other!

Steve and his team are incredible and I highly recommend booking them for your wedding day! Steve candidly captured the true emotions of our day. The photos are authentic, outstanding quality and unlike everything else your friends/family have seen from a wedding photographer. He is hilarious, responsive and efficient. He truly wants you to enjoy your day and to capture everything exactly as you're experiencing it. I woke up the next day and there was already a sneak peek available with 50+ photos and the whole gallery was shared with me later that morning. His turnaround time is incredible. His style is unique to the industry. And he's awesome. By the end of the day you will want him to be your bestie. Book him if you can!!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Deals

Steve Bowman Photography 1
Exclusive
Steve Bowman Photography 2
Discount

Been to one of our weddings before? Been a member of a kickass wedding party that was infront of my camera? Let us know who and get a special discount for your courage and sense of humour...

Steve Bowman Photography 3
Discount

Rescue Animals Rule. People who work at Shelters and those who open their homes to rescues rule too. If you've recently adopted a pet, please let me help cover your generosity with a $200 discount on your wedding commission!..

Pricing

Steve Bowman Photography Price Rates

Team

Steve Bowman
Steve Bowman
Owner & Lead Photographer

I'm Steve. I have a few cameras. This is what I do for a living, not a hobby. I'm not your usual photographer. I don't drink lattes for a start, nor do I channel Zooey Deschanel when I write my bio. The term "capturing memories" gives me a headache.

If you're looking for photographs done the way everyone else has them done, you should probably ask where they got them and see that guy.

I don't take awkward pictures, with people dressed in clothes they don't usually wear doing things they don't usually do... (though I suppose as a wedding photographer, that's exactly what I do.. just way less awkward than anyone else).

There are legions of people who do that, and I really pride myself in not being one of them. I should have a flag or something.

You'll read a lot about 'creativity' on photographer's websites. You'll also see a lot of images that look the same. That's not creativity, that's copying trends.

Creativity should be about showing you the usual things unusually. It should be about using everything in that moment to produce something unique...

...ultimately, it's about dragging your client towards something bigger and better than they expect. It's about giving them experiences and photographs that belong on rock albums and movie posters - not your mom's wedding album. I'm sure it's lovely though. If you can find it.

This is why you hire a professional, and why you want a professional with vision. That would be me. I can also beat the other guys at their choice of video game. That counts for something.

If you already have an epic list of pictures you want recreated from Pinterest, I'm not the person for you. If you can handle giving me artistic license to create some amazing images of our own, while you party your little hearts out all day, I probably am.

If you're a really cool couple (or even just think you are) who just wants to enjoy their wedding day, knowing the photography is well in-hand, then we really need to talk as soon as you can get over to the contact page.

It feels weird having to even say this, but I'm completely ecstatic to do same-sex weddings...

..and btw, if your officiant blows you off on the day, I am an ordained minister of the internet-famous Universal Life Church Ministry, so I can totally save the day. I can sew and arrange flowers too.

Neil Horn
Neil Horn
Lead Associate Photographer

This is Neil. He has a few cameras too. And more than a few lights. He joined the team in 2016 because he's not your usual photographer either. After a few seasons on deck, he's almost as good as I am. By the end of this season, he'll probably be better. I should stop coaching him.

Hailing from the wet and windy tundra of Scotland, it's little wonder that he also shares my dim view of bubbly, overly-sweet, boring wedding photography.

If you can decipher his broad accent however, you'll find that he's exceptionally easy to be around and still has a sense of romance intact. Weirdly enough he seems to get along with anyone and everyone, and always seems excited to be wherever he is.

A technical photographer in his heart of hearts, there is no piece of equipment Neil won't use to get the very best out you. Expect to be lit up like the Fourth of July, complete with the "ooohs and ahhhs" associated with such photographic fireworks... with the bag of tricks we've worked on since we got together, he has very quickly become the complete package. Like I said, I should stop showing him stuff before he puts me out of business.

All of the important stuff is here, folks...

A consistency in style, an ability to be where he needs to be without being in the way, the people skills to bring the best out of anyone in front of his camera, an attention to detail that ensures nothing is missed, and experience of shooting plenty of weddings the way I myself shoot weddings.

He's the Han Solo to my Luke Skywalker. The Adam to my Jamie. The Lana to my Archer. You should probably go ahead and make him the photographer for your wedding.

Liza Lanum
Liza Lanum
Lead Associate Photographer

This is Liza. She also has a selection of cameras. Liza had been stalking my work for a long time until she finally sent me an email with a lengthy resume and portfolio asking whether I was hiring. I was. Especially for someone of her talent. No idea why she felt like she needed me, but don't tell her that.

So it was, that fateful day in 2017 when the United-Kingdom-Brotherhood was broken and we were joined by a lass from Kenosha. She does speak other languages however, if you ask her nicely.

Liza has spent the last couple of seasons working her ass off under the system we've put together, and very quickly building a style that's indistinguishable from my own.

Exceptionally popular with all of the clients we've worked with, while she may not make fun of you the way I would, she has her own ways to bring out the best in people, eliciting some of the best reaction shots around, while calmly dealing with the maelstrom of the wedding day, and not. missing. a. single. thing.

This hard work that she's given me is something reflected in the rest of her life, and her list of interests will exhaust you just listening to them; aside from tackling grad school, she's also into MMA (handy for bridal parties) can hold hour long conversations about cats upon request and once spent twenty minutes with a random wedding guest talking about risky snowboarding in Colorado.. yeah, she teaches that too, by the way.

All in all, Liza is a fantastic member of the team, and you'll be really thankful to work with her.. she brings a fierce love of the job along with all of the tools we've given her, in addition to her own, to produce astonishing work that I'm always proud to give to clients and splash around online.

Hartland Hartland, WI, 53029
Location of (Steve Bowman Photography)

Steve Bowman Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Steve Bowman Photography include in the starting price?

Steve Bowman Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Save the Date

What photography services does Steve Bowman Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Steve Bowman Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Save the Date

What photography styles does Steve Bowman Photography offer?

Steve Bowman Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Steve Bowman Photography offer?

Steve Bowman Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Liability Insurance
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Steve Bowman Photography offer for wedding events?

Steve Bowman Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend Steve Bowman Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Steve Bowman Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

What kind of wedding service promotions does Steve Bowman Photography offer?

Steve Bowman Photography currently offers 1 special WeddingWire promotion and 3 discount promotions for wedding services.

Other vendors in Milwaukee for your wedding