Steve Bowman Photography

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,200 Most Popular Price

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,200 Most Popular Price

Based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Steve Bowman Photography specializes in giving clients a seamless, streamlined, and professional experience. Steve has been a part of the Wisconsin wedding industry since 2009. Artistic integrity is integral to his work, and he encourages all of his clients to trust his creativity and experience. Hiring Steve Bowman Photography means getting an exceptionally fast turnaround time, making for efficient delivery of photos.

Steve's vision prioritizes a creative approach, which is styled to fit the client. His experience allows minimal posing and direction, helping clients to stay relaxed and sessions to flow naturally. On the wedding day, Steve focuses on being as unobtrusive as possible. This results in authentic collections of real, unposed moments. This photographer offers the following services:

• Additional hours
  • Full processing and digital delivery
  • Personal usage license and liability insurance
  • A one-event-per-day policy
  • Complimentary gallery and direct downloads
  • Second photographer at all sessions

Other Services

In addition to the above wedding-related services, Steve Bowman includes additional services. These can cover engagement sessions and drone photography capture. Also available are at-cost products and photobooks, as well as full retouching services.

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$2,000

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Hand-Coloring
Multi. Locations
Slideshow
Toning
Save the Date

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2,200

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Hand-Coloring
Multi. Locations
Slideshow
Toning
Save the Date

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Natural
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Laura P. Married on 01/14/2023

Worth every penny!

Between looking at Steve鈥檚 work and reading the amazing reviews, I wondered if it was too good to be true. I can assure that it is not, and my husband and I are so glad that we were able to have Steve and Pat photograph our wedding. We knew we loved Steve鈥檚 personality right away during our engagement shoot. As much as possible, he made what could be an awkward experience something that was fun, entertaining, and enjoyable. This carried over into our wedding day as well. Our large wedding party made multiple comments about how fun Steve and Pat were to work with. My husband and I are pretty easy going, and we did not want to have to worry about needing to direct someone about what photos we wanted, because we are not photographers! Steve and Pat took charge and got amazing shots, but they also listened when we had an occasional request for a specific photo. One required making a stop at a bar with a dicey parking situation, and others were just made on the fly, and they rolled with the punches. Finally, the speed at which we received our photos (day after our wedding) and the quality of them really speak to Steve鈥檚 professionalism, talent, and skill. We couldn鈥檛 stop smiling looking through the pictures. Our choice of photographer was by far one of our favorite vendor choices we made. Highly recommend!!
  • Tessa&Eric
    Tessa&Eric C. Married on 11/13/2022

Absolutely Amazing

If I could go higher than 5 stars, I absolutely would.
    We were first interested in Steve's work when we came across his website alone. I could NOT stop laughing at everything his website said. I knew from the start that my fiance and I would absolutely love working with him.
    That was solidified with our engagement shoot. He was so informative and kept us laughing with his cheeky comments. His assistant was super helpful as well. Steve let us be our weird ole selves and honestly egged it on. We're not ones for super posed and traditional photos, so he was perfect for us. Completely laid back but also on top of his game the entire time. Communication between Steve and I was great, and I super appreciated his quick and informative responses. He even helped give suggestions for other vendors.
    Then the wedding. Again, they were absolutely lovely. They kept everyone in our party laughing and relaxed. We have so many candids of everyone just having a great time. So many people told us how much they loved Steve and Katie.
    I truly hope I can work with them again some day. I know they primarily focus on weddings, but maybe someday we can meet again for family photos.

I super duper recommend them if you're a laid back bride/groom who just wants to have fun on their special day. They'll make it look great, I promise you.

Just look at his website. You'll have a good laugh, and see some beautiful photos along the way.
    Kendall K. Married on 11/05/2022

We love Steve!!!!

Steve and Pat were the absolute best. We got married last weekend had a pretty crappy day for outside photos (30 mph winds). We decided to try taking photos outside anyways and they were absolutely beautiful! They are our favorite pictures from the whole night. They did the best job and are so much fun to work with. They are so good at capturing special moments and capturing the emotion of the day. Not to mention, they work so fast! We were only outside for maybe 30 minutes and somehow he managed to take the best photos! There is no question that Steve is the best choice if you want to have the best wedding photos! Thank you Steve and Pat!!! We cannot stop looking at our photos!
  • illustration stars

Steve Bowman Photography 1
Exclusive
Steve Bowman Photography 2
Discount

Been to one of our weddings before? Been a member of a kickass wedding party that was infront of my camera? Let us know who and get a special discount for your courage and sense of humour...

Steve Bowman Photography 3
Discount

Rescue Animals Rule. People who work at Shelters and those who open their homes to rescues rule too. If you've recently adopted a pet, please let me help cover your generosity with a $200 discount on your wedding commission!..

Pricing

Team

Steve Bowman
Steve Bowman
Owner & Lead Photographer

I'm Steve. I have a few cameras. This is what I do for a living, not a hobby. I'm not your usual photographer. I don't drink lattes for a start, nor do I channel Zooey Deschanel when I write my bio. The term "capturing memories" gives me a headache.

If you're looking for photographs done the way everyone else has them done, you should probably ask where they got them and see that guy.

I don't take awkward pictures, with people dressed in clothes they don't usually wear doing things they don't usually do... (though I suppose as a wedding photographer, that's exactly what I do.. just way less awkward than anyone else).

There are legions of people who do that, and I really pride myself in not being one of them. I should have a flag or something.

You'll read a lot about 'creativity' on photographer's websites. You'll also see a lot of images that look the same. That's not creativity, that's copying trends.

Creativity should be about showing you the usual things unusually. It should be about using everything in that moment to produce something unique...

...ultimately, it's about dragging your client towards something bigger and better than they expect. It's about giving them experiences and photographs that belong on rock albums and movie posters - not your mom's wedding album. I'm sure it's lovely though. If you can find it.

This is why you hire a professional, and why you want a professional with vision. That would be me. I can also beat the other guys at their choice of video game. That counts for something.

If you already have an epic list of pictures you want recreated from Pinterest, I'm not the person for you. If you can handle giving me artistic license to create some amazing images of our own, while you party your little hearts out all day, I probably am.

If you're a really cool couple (or even just think you are) who just wants to enjoy their wedding day, knowing the photography is well in-hand, then we really need to talk as soon as you can get over to the contact page.

It feels weird having to even say this, but I'm completely ecstatic to do same-sex weddings...

..and btw, if your officiant blows you off on the day, I am an ordained minister of the internet-famous Universal Life Church Ministry, so I can totally save the day. I can sew and arrange flowers too.

Neil Horn
Neil Horn
Lead Associate Photographer

This is Neil. He has a few cameras too. And more than a few lights. He joined the team in 2016 because he's not your usual photographer either. After a few seasons on deck, he's almost as good as I am. By the end of this season, he'll probably be better. I should stop coaching him.

Hailing from the wet and windy tundra of Scotland, it's little wonder that he also shares my dim view of bubbly, overly-sweet, boring wedding photography.

If you can decipher his broad accent however, you'll find that he's exceptionally easy to be around and still has a sense of romance intact. Weirdly enough he seems to get along with anyone and everyone, and always seems excited to be wherever he is.

A technical photographer in his heart of hearts, there is no piece of equipment Neil won't use to get the very best out you. Expect to be lit up like the Fourth of July, complete with the "ooohs and ahhhs" associated with such photographic fireworks... with the bag of tricks we've worked on since we got together, he has very quickly become the complete package. Like I said, I should stop showing him stuff before he puts me out of business.

All of the important stuff is here, folks...

A consistency in style, an ability to be where he needs to be without being in the way, the people skills to bring the best out of anyone in front of his camera, an attention to detail that ensures nothing is missed, and experience of shooting plenty of weddings the way I myself shoot weddings.

He's the Han Solo to my Luke Skywalker. The Adam to my Jamie. The Lana to my Archer. You should probably go ahead and make him the photographer for your wedding.

Liza Lanum
Liza Lanum
Lead Associate Photographer

This is Liza. She also has a selection of cameras. Liza had been stalking my work for a long time until she finally sent me an email with a lengthy resume and portfolio asking whether I was hiring. I was. Especially for someone of her talent. No idea why she felt like she needed me, but don't tell her that.

So it was, that fateful day in 2017 when the United-Kingdom-Brotherhood was broken and we were joined by a lass from Kenosha. She does speak other languages however, if you ask her nicely.

Liza has spent the last couple of seasons working her ass off under the system we've put together, and very quickly building a style that's indistinguishable from my own.

Exceptionally popular with all of the clients we've worked with, while she may not make fun of you the way I would, she has her own ways to bring out the best in people, eliciting some of the best reaction shots around, while calmly dealing with the maelstrom of the wedding day, and not. missing. a. single. thing.

This hard work that she's given me is something reflected in the rest of her life, and her list of interests will exhaust you just listening to them; aside from tackling grad school, she's also into MMA (handy for bridal parties) can hold hour long conversations about cats upon request and once spent twenty minutes with a random wedding guest talking about risky snowboarding in Colorado.. yeah, she teaches that too, by the way.

All in all, Liza is a fantastic member of the team, and you'll be really thankful to work with her.. she brings a fierce love of the job along with all of the tools we've given her, in addition to her own, to produce astonishing work that I'm always proud to give to clients and splash around online.

South Second
5.0 out of 5 rating , 37 Reviews
Bennett Barn
5.0 out of 5 rating , 5 Reviews

Hartland Hartland, WI, 53029
Location of (Steve Bowman Photography)

Steve Bowman Photography frequently asked questions

Steve Bowman Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Hand-Coloring
  • Multi. Locations
  • Slideshow
  • Toning
  • Save the Date
Steve Bowman Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
Steve Bowman Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
Steve Bowman Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits
Steve Bowman Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Save the Date
Steve Bowman Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.
Steve Bowman Photography currently offers 1 special WeddingWire promotion and 2 discount promotions for wedding services.

Other vendors in Milwaukee for your wedding