Steve Bowman Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Anna
    Anna B. Getting married on 06/04/2022

Incredible experience

Steve and Pat were absolutely incredible!!! We were dumbfounded at the quality and turnaround time of receiving the engagement and wedding photos (a sneak peak the same day and the rest of them the day after). They captured so many emotions in our photos, and it immediately brought us right back into the moment, often times bringing us to genuine tears. We keep watching the slideshow of the photos on a loop, and announced that “our favorite picture is coming up” approximately every 20 pictures. They somehow blended into the party, while also being everywhere and capturing everything at the same time. We never felt like we had camera lenses up in our face at any point. One of our guests jokingly mentioned how they both were moving like ninjas through the weeds and shrubbery during the ceremony… and we had no idea! That brought such a smile to our faces, because it perfectly encapsulates how hard they work to make things look so easy and effortless. We had complete trust in Steve when we felt a tap on our shoulder during the dance when he said we had a small window of a sunset to work with. We felt like models for the first time in our lives and they gave a us, couple who rarely has photos taken care of them, a confidence boost and the photos of a lifetime. Steve and Pat were incredible at providing direction, a sense of humor, and amazing talent which resulted in such a perfect product.

We talked with multiple photographers during the wedding planning process, and Steve Bowman Photography was the best decision of our entire day. They were easy to get along with, great and timely with communication throughout the entire process, and we could not be any happier with the final result!!!
  • Johanna
    Johanna P. Married on 11/06/2021

Easy to work with and very efficient!

Steve was one of the best parts of our wedding! His laid back attitude was appreciated on the wedding day. He took beautiful pictures and had them available for us to review 24 hours after the wedding day. We would definitely choose him again!
    Sarah T. Married on 09/04/2021

Highly recommend!!

If you’re thinking of booking Steve for your special day, do it! Steve was so awesome to work with from start to finish. He is professional, timely, and so fun to work with. He made our wedding party feel at ease the whole time which really shows in our pictures. We are so very happy with all the pictures and how Steve captured our perfect day.
    Ashley R. Married on 08/28/2021

Unlike any other!

Steve and his team are incredible and I highly recommend booking them for your wedding day! Steve candidly captured the true emotions of our day. The photos are authentic, outstanding quality and unlike everything else your friends/family have seen from a wedding photographer. He is hilarious, responsive and efficient. He truly wants you to enjoy your day and to capture everything exactly as you're experiencing it. I woke up the next day and there was already a sneak peek available with 50+ photos and the whole gallery was shared with me later that morning. His turnaround time is incredible. His style is unique to the industry. And he's awesome. By the end of the day you will want him to be your bestie. Book him if you can!!
    Sara B. Married on 08/21/2021

Simply the Best!

You will not regret going with Steve for your wedding! He is unique and captures your whole vibe of the day. He is not the same old same old. Other photographers I had looked into all do the same poses with each couple they shoot. Steve will do traditional pictures you want but then he expands on it and makes it his own. I cannot say enough good things about him! I love every picture he took of us!
  • Amanda
    Amanda V. Married on 08/21/2021

Perfection/Greatness/Spectacular✨

My now husband tried to tell me not to go over budget to book Steve and I didn't listen. My husband told me during/after the wedding he is so happy I didn't listen to him, as the photos and photographers were the BEST. So trust your gut and splurge! Steve and Pat were by far our favorite vendor. The photos were better then I could have imagined. I have been scrolling through the photos all morning and the way the photos just allow you to relive the day as they captured every important moment so perfectly. Here are my top reasons I loved having them photograph our wedding so much:
    1. They'll make you look good in photos no matter what! It was the hottest day of my life. Never have I ever been so hot and sweat so much in one day. You can't tell in my photos! I was slowly being roasted alive in a thick dress and I look like a fairy-tale princess. Photo magic ✨
    2. So helpful and so chill! Pat helped the groom tie his tie. Steve helped me to calm down when I wouldn't stop messing with my eye makeup. They continued to remind me that though I felt like a candle that was melting I looked great. They made sure the timing for everything was on schedule.
    3. Nonjudgmental! This was so important for me because I wanted to include my ferrets in my photos. Not only did they let me but they were so lovely about it. They also were on board with whatever photos I wanted. They figured out how to make taking in a photo in a music booth one of my favorite photos from our night ❤️

So in conclusion if you want greatness I would highly recommend you book Steve Bowman photography.
    Katherine R. Married on 08/14/2021

August 14th 2021 wedding

Steve and Pat were fantastic! We got the most amazing pics and they were so easy to work with! All of our guests loved them and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for great photographers! Thanks Steve and Pat for capturing the most amazing moments from our night!
  • Amy
    Amy W. Married on 08/07/2021

10/10 Fantastic Photographers!!!

If you are looking for a wedding photographer ... look no further. Steve Bowman Photography came highly recommended to us and did not disappoint. Patrick was amazing from day one!! Our first video chat to set everything up we knew instantly that our personalities would align perfectly. He worked so well with us and our pups for our engagement shoot to get us through the awkwardness of having our photo taken. Now let’s talk the wedding…Pat and his partner were truly remarkable. We had to change our timeline multiple times due to the weather and he was always there ready to take photos. From being down in the mud in a sunflower field, to out on the ramp in the rain … he got such amazing shots they look like they could be in a magazine. He had all of our photos to us within 1 week and we have gotten SOOO many compliments on how amazing our pictures are and wanting to know our photographers name. They not only got the classic wedding shots, they got some amazing creative ones, candid ones, and some of my husband’s Dad’s classic car that mean so much to us. We truly love them all so much. Patrick also just made the day so fun and not stressful while we were out taking our photographs!! Thank you Patrick for being so easy/available to communicate with, making us look so good and for having so much fun with us!! We would highly recommend them to anyone!
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten A. Married on 07/03/2021

Steve captured sweet, authentic moments and was a joy to work with

Wedding photos were never something I looked forward to because I find the whole posing thing awkward/uncomfortable and that usually comes through in the resulting pictures. So I was so incredibly fortunate that I hired Steve to be our wedding photographer because he made us and our entire bridal party totally comfortable and had us laughing the whole time, so our pictures turned out amazing and totally natural looking. Our entire bridal party commented on how wonderful and on top of everything he was. Steve caught such authentic moments that are so much more fitting for and special to us than forced poses that a lot of photographers ask you to do. And he posted a handful of pictures on social media the same night and got us our full gallery THE NEXT DAY, which is just unheard of. Finally, he was really great to communicate and work with. We had to reschedule our wedding due to Covid and he was by far the best vendor we dealt with in terms of being understanding, accommodating, and flexible. I am so glad we hired such a wonderful photographer and person to capture our special day!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn A. Married on 06/12/2021

Steve & Pat were amazing

Never have I been to a wedding where so many people complimented the photographers before they even saw the finished products! Steve and Pat made everyone feel so comfortable and got people to look genuine in front of the camera! We wanted most of our photos to not feel super staged and cliché and they did such a good job obtaining that! We, our bridal party, and our guests loved them! Steve was so easy to work with and so helpful during the planning process. He and Pat were so quick and efficient! I'm still amazed they snapped so many great pictures of us and our guests on the big day!
    We are all still struggling to figure out how they manage to get us pictures back so quick! We got a good chunk of preview pictures the night of the wedding and the rest of them back the following afternoon! (Perfect for impatient people like myself). Steve and Pat were such assets to making our day everything we had hoped!
  • Tina
    Tina H. Married on 06/07/2021

Incredible!

Steve is AMAZING. If you don't choose Steve you're going to be disappointed. (His sidekick Pat is kickass too). Not only is his work absolutely incredible (and we've gotten so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos) but he is an awesome guy too. He keeps the mood light and fun and it was never awkward posing in front of him. He is thorough in his work, yet gets to the point, not wasting time and that was so appreciated. We got plenty of photos, but not thousands which would have been overwhelming to sort through. Lastly, he is super timely and the day after the wedding he already had most of images for us and the rest came shortly after. We are forever grateful and so thankful for images that will help us never forget our big day!
  • Maddie
    Maddie Married on 05/29/2021

Amazing South-Eastern WI Photographer!

Steve, and his assistant Pat, did such a great job capturing every ounce of our wedding. They were attentive to our wants and got pictures of all the important moments without seeming intrusive. Steve’s communication, both before and during the event, was great. We’re not from southeast Wisconsin, so this helped us gain the comfort knowing he was on top of the things we weren’t considering about the area. He is responsive to emails and was very straight forward with what he wanted from us during the posed photos, which kept us on time all night. Their photos turned out better than we could have possibly imagined, and it will allow us to look back on our amazing wedding night as often as we’d like!
  • Tori
    Tori P. Married on 04/17/2021

The best of the best

Steve was so amazing to work with. He took all of my visions and brought them to life. From engagement shoot, to wedding day he was there and captured everything. We have the best wedding pictures to look back on and I am so obsessed with looking at them!
    Jen J. Married on 10/17/2020

Hire them, Hire them now!!

We worked with Steve and Pat and they were absolutely amazing! Steve is hilarious and super fun, and our wedding party really got a kick out of working with him! Everyone enjoyed themselves and had lots of laughs. We really appreciated having our wedding pictures ready the next day as well. They captured a bunch of pictures that we didn't even realize they were around for. They also did a great job making everyone comfortable in front of the camera. You won't regret hiring them for your wedding!
  • Abie
    Abie S. Married on 10/10/2020

Professional and Fun

They did an amazing job on the photography for the wedding catching both the big and small special moments. The day of was stress-free with them working out all of the details in advance. Quick responses and a calm demeanor make them a great fit for your photographer.
  • Melissa
    Melissa M. Married on 09/12/2020

Amazing experience!

We hired Liza through Steve Bowman and oh my goodness she was AMAZING to work with! From the first phone call I had with her the process was so easy and we immediately felt 100% comfortable with her. She did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos and they were perfect! The one thing I had requested is I did not want to spend my entire wedding taking pictures as I have seen this at other weddings and I wanted more candid photos and she met that request to a tee! Liza is extremely talented and I highly recommend her! She went above and beyond to make our wedding completely memorable. With all of the COVID craziness that happened this year, unfortunately our grandparents were not able to attend and I did not hire a videographer for our wedding. I asked Liza if she could just put a camcorder to record the ceremony just so we had something and she accommodated. I got the video recently, and oh my goodness they went above and beyond was I expected! There was background music in the video and they even recorded the speeches for me at no charge! I hope to be able to work with her in the future!
  • Amanda
    Amanda S. Married on 09/12/2020

Professional, hilarious, and talented

We are beyond thrilled with having hired Steve as our photographer. He has been a pleasure to work with both before and during our wedding. His laid back but professional style allowed him to get natural candid shots as well as natural looking framed shots that stunned both us and our guests. Steve and Pat were accommodating, professional, and above all, skilled at making us look our best and capturing the feel of our special day. They really made our covid wedding of 9 people feel special, and we cannot wait to work with him again next year when we can have our full guest list and celebration!
  • Angela
    Angela A. Married on 08/29/2020

Best Investment of our Wedding

Steve was hands down the best investment we made for our wedding. I don't know anything about how to pose for photos or what looks good, and Steve walked us through everything and made sure our photos looked amazing. The photos look absolutely stunning. All of the candid photos really capture how the day felt and we are obsessed with them. Steve had all of our wedding album available for us to review THE NEXT DAY.
    He was super knowledgeable and even gave us tips the day of the wedding to help us get through it. I also appreciated his sense of humor since emotions run high on the wedding day. Steve and Pat were flexible with our changing Covid plans and easy to work with. If you have the opportunity to work with Steve, don't second guess it and just book him. You won't regret it.
  • Laney
    Laney H. Married on 08/15/2020

Fun and authentic wedding photographer

We cannot say enough amazing words about Steve and Pat! If you are looking for two fun, creative, and outrageously talented photographers look no further. We had the privilege of working with these two for our engagement session and wedding day, and wouldn’t have had it any other way. If you are looking for photos that truly reflect your relationship, Steve and Pat capture it all. Their style is unique and beautiful in every way. Steve returned all of our photos the next day, which is any brides dream come true. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.
    Arik E. Married on 04/08/2020

Say "yes" to the best!

We hired Neil and his assistant Mascha for our big day and they were worth their weight in gold. Both literally hiked miles to make sure our adventurous spirits were captured on film over the course of our engagement photos. On our wedding day, Neil played a role far beyond expectations. He and Mascha artfully captured our day (and night) in a way no one else could. Would definitely recommend this pair to my closest family and friends.
  • Sarah
    Sarah K. Married on 11/02/2019

Neil is the man!

NEIL WAS AMAZING. I was an out of state bride and a very nervous one at that, and Neil (and Mascha!!!) did so much to put me and my now-husband at ease. Neil was polite, hilarious, easy going, you name it, we had it. Our engagement photos were on such a freezing cold rainy day and somehow Neil made the photos incredible, and I am obsessed with my wedding day photos. My wedding party still talks about him. Having Neil as my photographer was the best wedding decision we made, and I recommend him to anyone!
    Autumn Married on 10/06/2019

Words cant say enough!

Steve and Pat did an amazing job at our wedding. I cannot say enough good things about the organization, personalities and most importantly the photos! They got shots I still cant even believe are our photos. The creativity of their work brings out photos of a lifetime. If you're unsure about who to hire, this is definitely the right choice. You will not be disappointed! Thanks again steve and pat for creating such wonderful memories!
    Jaymes Married on 09/28/2019

J&A Married

Hiring Steve was probably one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Steve and Pat were just a pure joy to work with. They were so laid back, personable, and just absolutely a blast to hangout with at our wedding. And not to mention the breathtaking photos they took for us. Every single photo is AMAZING! You will be failing at life if you do not hire Steve Bowman Photography for your wedding.
  • Melanie
    Melanie S. Married on 09/21/2019

100% highly recommended

We had Liza as our main photographer and Mike as the second. We were unbelievably impressed with the level of professionalism they had and willingness to work around everything. (Even shooting in the rain.) We have absolutely no regrets and I am so happy we were able to get Liza. She is officially our go-to photographer. She was speedy with getting back engagement pictures and even getting the complete wedding album done within a couple of days. Highly recommended!!
    Katie Married on 09/13/2019

Neil is amazing!

From our booking to engagement photos to wedding, Neil & Mascha were amazing!!! They are so fun to work with and made us laugh! Great experience with fantastic photos! Neil has the perfect eye for the sun & light! We can’t wait to do family photos with them again! So easy to work with and caught everything we wanted!!!