Steve Bowman Photography Reviews

Steve Bowman Photography 6
Steve Bowman Photography 7

Autumn · Married on 10/06/2019

Words cant say enough!

Steve and Pat did an amazing job at our wedding. I cannot say enough good things about the organization, personalities and most importantly the photos! They got shots I still cant even believe are our photos. The creativity of their work brings out photos of a lifetime. If you're unsure about who to hire, this is definitely the right choice. You will not be disappointed! Thanks again steve and pat for creating such wonderful memories!

Sent on 10/08/2019
    Steve Bowman Photography 12
    Steve Bowman Photography 13

Jaymes M · Married on 09/28/2019

J&A Married

Hiring Steve was probably one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Steve and Pat were just a pure joy to work with. They were so laid back, personable, and just absolutely a blast to hangout with at our wedding. And not to mention the breathtaking photos they took for us. Every single photo is AMAZING! You will be failing at life if you do not hire Steve Bowman Photography for your wedding.

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Melanie

Melanie Steinbach · Married on 09/21/2019

100% highly recommended

We had Liza as our main photographer and Mike as the second. We were unbelievably impressed with the level of professionalism they had and willingness to work around everything. (Even shooting in the rain.) We have absolutely no regrets and I am so happy we were able to get Liza. She is officially our go-to photographer. She was speedy with getting back engagement pictures and even getting the complete wedding album done within a couple of days. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 10/06/2019
    Steve Bowman Photography 21
    Steve Bowman Photography 22

Katie · Married on 09/13/2019

Neil is amazing!

From our booking to engagement photos to wedding, Neil & Mascha were amazing!!! They are so fun to work with and made us laugh! Great experience with fantastic photos! Neil has the perfect eye for the sun & light! We can’t wait to do family photos with them again! So easy to work with and caught everything we wanted!!!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Kadie

Kadie Calmeyer · Married on 09/07/2019

Couldn't have asked for a better photographer!!

Absolutely loved working with Neil! His pictures turned out amazing 😍💕 he was the photographer for my brother's engagement and wedding, and used him as our photographer for engagement and wedding. Great to work with, knows how to make you laugh, and all around enjoyable experience. Both groomsmen and bridesmaids loved him. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/06/2019

Breathtaking

There are no words to describe how beautiful my wedding photos turned out. When my husband and I did our engagement photos, we had such a fantastic time! Steve really made us feel comfortable and let us be our goofy selves. I just can’t believe how he and Pat were able to capture every single moment from the night of our wedding. They are gorgeous and my husband and I have went through all 800 photos 5 times now because we can’t stop looking at them all. Beyond happy and can’t wait to take more photos with Steve in the future!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/01/2019

Incredible Experience

Neil Horn and his partner Mascha photographed our wedding at Road America on September 1st. They were both an absolute pleasure to work with. Neil was very humorous and kept us smiling and laughing throughout some of the one on one shoots. Preview set was online within 24 hours and the final set was delivered electronically within a 5ish days. Our guests can’t get over the quality and creativity of the photos. Thank you both for a wonderful experience.

Sent on 09/09/2019
    Steve Bowman Photography 30
    Steve Bowman Photography 31

Allie · Married on 08/11/2019

Best photographer ever!

We are so happy with our choice!! Neil and Rachel were phenomenal on the big day! I chose this vendor on just their broshure solely. Fun, energetic, straightforward, honest and genuine. I remember meeting Neil for the first time during our engagement shoot and was truly surprised and honored! I couldn’t imagine a better duo on your wedding day

Sent on 08/21/2019
    Steve Bowman Photography 36
    Steve Bowman Photography 37

Ashley · Married on 08/03/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

Where to begin! Steve is not only an amazing photographer but someone I was thrilled to spend my wedding day with. He was exactly what I needed when it came to a photographer that would be with me every step of the day. Steve and Pat were so personable and fun. They knew how to make everyone who was around feel super comfortable & at ease with the million moving parts going on that day.

There wasn’t even a doubt in my mind I would go any other direction after seeing Steve in action for my friend’s wedding I was a part of. I had such a great time with him throughout that day and the joy she had seeing how he captured the day was something I knew I had to have as well.

Steve has been incredibly responsive from the moment I reached out to him. Believe me, I had a lot to say to him and early on. Not only that, but the turn around time for the pictures was outstanding. My wedding was Saturday and I spent a good portion of Sunday (ok, and today) going through them all with a smile on my face reminiscing on every moment. Steve and Pat didn’t miss a beat and I am pretty sure every wedding guest made a picture.

I am so thankful to have such beautiful pictures to look back on and two wonderful people to have taken them. I hope to see them again soon!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Julia Weiser · Married on 07/13/2019

Outstanding

Steve and his staff were incredibly fun and easy to work with. His humor and laid back personality helped put us and our guests at ease, allowing him to capture great moments and making the entire day more enjoyable. He matched our relaxed approach to wedding photos, which meant we spent less time posing and more time enjoying our wedding -- a huge priority for us. The photos are beautiful. The ordering process is easy. He isn't kidding about lightning speed turnaround time. And I think most importantly, Steve is the most reliable communicator we worked with throughout the wedding planning process. His quick and thorough replies to all our inquiries were enormously appreciated, eliminating a lot of planning stress for us. We cannot thank Steve and his wonderful team enough for their outstanding work and would recommend Steve Bowman Photography without hesitation to anyone who needs pictures of their wedding.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Meghan Motelet · Married on 06/29/2019

Fantastic!

We went with Steve Bowman Photography. They are artistic, fun, and easy to work with! Steve was already booked for our date, so we got Neil....at our engagement session, we were slipping and sliding due to ice...yet we had a blast and he got wonderful pictures! Def. recommend them!

Sent on 03/08/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 06/08/2019

Incredible.

We were looking for a no frills, straight forward photographer who could provide us with amazing photos of our special day. And then came along Steve- exactly what we were looking for. We knew he was the photographer for us when we viewed his website (which is awesome in the way it's setup and the biographies are clever, creative and witty). After our first in person meeting with Steve, we confirmed he was "the one". His straightforward personality and easy going jokes made our engagement session a fun rehearsal. While teaching us basic poses, he also snapped photos of us just being us.
    Steve and Neil were present on our wedding day. They both worked together seamlessly to document our special day, and got beautiful shots of the ENTIRE day. Steve was there to get photos of me cleaning my earrings before putting them on, as well as photos of the ladies trying to get my dress situated. Neil was there to take photos of the men getting ready, along with some GQ shots (and can't forget the Groom's memory foam tag left on his shoes). Steve and Neil captured funny moments, emotional moments, and beautiful moments from the celebration as a whole. They both fit in with our family and friends like a glove. Our guests complimented how they moved about the entire evening, and took photos of EVERYONE and EVERYTHING at the absolute right time. The day after the wedding, we had a "sneak peek" at some shots from the big day with easily accessible links on both Facebook and Instagram. The links made sharing with our friends and family incredibly easy.
    The turnaround time that Steve provides is unmatched. Sunday evening we had access to our entire gallery of wedding photos. I am overjoyed with all of the photos because they transport me back to the big day, as they tell a story from beginning to end. Thank you to Steve and Neil for capturing unforgettable moments that we will cherish literally forever. As Steve would encourage us during photos "just keep macking" is exactly what we will do as a happily married couple. Thank you guys.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Christine Waystedt · Married on 05/18/2019

An Amazing Photographer Who Was a Blast to Work With

Steve and his staff were absolutely incredible to work with. His communication with us from the beginning was more than we could have ever asked for. Steve has a witty, sarcastic sense of humor which made the entire process, from our engagement pics to our wedding photos, completely painless. Both sets of pics turned out amazing and he truly knows what he his doing. You will not be disappointed if you choose Steve Bowman Photography as your wedding photographer! We definitely recommend Steve for anyone wishing to have all the perfect moments at their wedding captured. We hardly knew he and his staff were even there and we were amazed at all the photos when we saw them for the first time. His pricing was fair but what made our experience so great was how accommodating he was. He and his staff even put in an extra couple hours for us at no charge and we are very grateful for all he did. He is truly one of the best in his field and you won't be disappointed with his service!

Jason & Christine

Sent on 06/15/2019

Niki · Married on 01/12/2019

Exceeded expectations

Not only were our photos incredible, but Steve was so fun to work with! He made us comfortable and laugh! He recommended we do engagement photos and it was fantastic.

Sent on 01/14/2019
    Steve Bowman Photography 38
    Steve Bowman Photography 39

Angela · Married on 09/28/2018

Best. Photographer. Ever.

I'm not even really sure where to start with Steve (and Neil as well) because I have so many good things to say. We were super nervous/anxious to make the "right" choice of photographer, but the moment I got the first response back from Steve, I knew it was a perfect fit. That was confirmed during the engagement photos and most importantly, on the wedding day. He is incredibly professional but knew how to get/make/keep us loose, since most people (or at least we weren't) super comfortable with the whole -being the subjects of photos- thing. He gave great direction but kept things relaxed and jovial throughout the entire process, from just trading emails with ideas to the actual wedding day. Despite the pandemonium that was the wedding day, I never felt like he was intruding and even when we stepped aside to do photos, he never let us forget what a special and fun day it should be. The guests loved their interactions with both him and Neil and the other half of the time they were masterful ghosts, floating through the wedding and capturing some incredible moments. In the end, we ended up with a massive selection of fantastic photos (and the turnaround time was jaw-droopingly fast on top of it). We really can't stop glowing about both Steve and his help. I can easily say the process and the wedding day wouldn't have been the same without them and because of it, we are eternally grateful for everything. Luckily for us, we have the perfect photos to remember it by.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Cody · Married on 09/22/2018

A surly photographer with a sense of humor.

Steve and his wife were all around the best photographers we could've asked for. Great (and fast) communication, showed up on time (early), asked good questions, and provided emotional support when it hit the fan with a different vendor. He seemed like more of a long time friend capturing our day than a vendor. He isn't about wedding "fluff", he's just a normal wedding guy who can make you laugh at his jokes and capture GREAT pictures. He made everyone in our wedding party laugh and created great timeless pictures that weren't cookie cutter poses. The reason we originally met with him was because of his work at once of my cousin in laws weddings. After seeing his pictures we wanted him to our wedding bad! What they created our wedding day is truly art. It was a great choice on our part and I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Jamie · Married on 09/08/2018

I can't say enough about Steve and his team! Our photos not only turned out amazing, but we got them back within a week of our wedding. He kept us laughing and comfortable throughout both our engagement photos and wedding photos! On the day of our wedding he was considered to be more like a friend than "hired help". I would highly recommend him and I promise you will not be disappointed!! He truly made our day memorable!

Sent on 09/25/2018
  • Food&Sarcasm&Crafts

Katie · Married on 12/02/2017

Going with Steve Bowman Photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. He and Neil were professional, polite, hilarious, and super fun to work with. My husband and I both get really nervous about posing for photos, but Steve made us feel so comfortable at our engagement session that we were not worried at all about wedding photos. A HUGE plus, with how impatient I am, is how quickly you get your photos back! When we woke up the morning after our wedding, he already had previews of 30-something photos for us on Facebook, and then even more photos as part of a slideshow posted just a few hours later. By the end of the week, we had every single picture (over 700!!) sent to us in a flash drive via mail. We received tons of compliments on the photos, and also heard a lot of "Your photographers were like ninjas! They were everywhere, but you could hardly see them!"
    Anyway, we are so happy with Steve Bowman and all of our photos. I highly recommend - You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Lindsey · Married on 10/06/2017

Steve Bowman photography is a must for your wedding! Steve and Neil's photographs are amazing, and both photographers were super fun to work with. Everyone had a blast during our wedding day photo sessions. Another plus is Steve makes an engagement shoot mandatory and FREE. This is a one-hour opportunity to get to know Steve and Neil prior to spending the whole day with them during your wedding celebrations. Oh and Steve is awesome and posts a large sampling of your engagement and wedding photos the same night! Our friends and family were super impressed when they were watching our wedding photos played in a slideshow Steve had created the next morning at breakfast. We also got all of our photos mailed to us within 1 week of the wedding. You seriously cannot go wrong with Steve Bowman Photography!!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Katie · Married on 09/09/2017

I was fortunate enough to work with Steve and his assistant Neil for my wedding on 9/9/17 in Madison, WI, and booking him was one of the best decisions my husband and I made. I met Steve when he worked on my brother’s wedding in 2014, and knew when I got engaged that he was the photographer I wanted on my special day too. I cannot say enough about Steve Bowman Photography, and I would absolutely recommend him to anyone I know. His work is absolutely stunning, he is incredibly efficient, and he makes shooting engagement photos and wedding photos, something that can be uncomfortable, fun and breezy.

For both our engagement shoot and wedding day, Steve had photos posted on Facebook that same evening. A slideshow was available the next day, and we received a flash drive in the mail with even more photographs (in the case of our wedding more than 800!) a few days later. Having such quick access to the photos is worth the price alone, on top of the fact that his work is amazing, and I guarantee he will make you feel totally comfortable and actually have fun while taking pictures. My bridal party all agreed, saying he was the absolute best.

Steve is also very responsive and responded promptly to any email communication I sent him, which is always helpful during the chaos of wedding planning.

In short, Steve Bowman Photography is excellent, and you need him for your wedding.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Allysa · Married on 09/02/2017

We could not have been happier with our experience with Steve Bowman Photography. Easily one of the best decisions of our wedding. Steve and Neil made us, our families, and bridal party feel super comfortable and went above and beyond to ensure they were getting amazing shots. Even the bit of rain we had our on day didn't phase them one bit. By the end of the day everyone was telling us how fantastic our photographers were and how they wish they had them at their wedding. The pictures turned out stunning as well, we love all of them and can't believe we have such beautiful tokens to remember our special day.

Sent on 09/10/2017

alwin · Married on 08/26/2017

Steve and Neil are the best! The photos look amazing and they made the process so simple from start to finish. We got a preview of our photos the night of our wedding - you can't beat that. So many of our guests mentioned how great our photographers were to work with and we definitely agree!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Mandy · Married on 08/11/2017

Steve is beyond amazing! Photography was the most important thing on my wedding list of desires, so I did tons of research and found Steve Bowman Photography. Just from his website and seeing the descriptions on wedding wire I knew his personality would be the perfect fit!...then I took a look at his portfolio and it sealed the deal. :) I couldn't be happier with our photos from both our engagement shoot as well as our wedding day. AND, to top it all off, he even posts photos that you can see the same evening as your wedding or engagement shoot-because who wants to wait?! Steve, thank you thank you thank you, I would recommend you to EVERYONE!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Karina · Married on 06/03/2017

Steve is a terrifically talented photographer! I had first seen Steve's work from a friend's wedding and I loved everything from how he worked to the work he produced. When we got engaged, I knew we had to have him, and he was the first vendor I contacted after we set a date. His website perfectly depicts who Steve is as a photographer and shows you exactly what pictures will end up on your wall one day. On your wedding day he is invisible (meaning he creates magic without you noticing his every move) and he is efficient (meaning you don't miss half of your own wedding because you are taking picture after picture) and he is artistic (meaning he finds the best spot at the best time with the best pose to make every picture awesome). The best part about him though is his ability to capture the true essence of a wedding day in photographs. We love Steve, we would choose him again and again, and we can't say enough thanks to him for helping us make our wedding day so perfect!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Breanna · Married on 05/27/2017

Steve Bowman was the first and only photographer my now-husband and I met with when we first started planning our wedding almost 2 years ago and now, after our wedding last weekend, we could not be happier and more satisfied with our decision. Professional, reliable, easy-going, accommodating, efficient, flexible, has cool accents, creates beautiful/memorable/emotional pictures…are just a few of the incredible qualities of Steve Bowman Photography. Steve and his assistant Neil made my husband and I feel special, relaxed, glamorous and were not ever overwhelmed with static pictures during our wedding day. I can honestly say I did not see Steve or Neil during our ceremony or reception and looking back at our pictures (THE NEXT DAY!!), they captured every moment, speech, dance, shared laughter, and emotion we would ever want to see. Our wedding pictures fully capture the joy and fun-natured environment of the day. As a very hands-on bride who was anxious about everything going perfectly, it was incredibly relieving to see some of the best photos the day after the wedding and know that we can fully relive the best day of our life…for the rest of our lives with Steve Bowman and Neil’s beautiful photographs. My husband and I cannot stress this enough, if you are getting married soon or in the future, you NEED to meet with Steve. After the first few minutes of meeting with Steve, you’ll know, as much as we did, that you will have found your wedding photographer. Then sit back, enjoy the (FREE!) engagement photoshoot, and look forward to a perfect wedding day captured by this dashing duo.

Sent on 06/02/2017