7601 Stone Horse Circle, Raleigh, NC 27612 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 9

About Southern Oak Events

Southern Oak Events is a professional wedding and event planning company based in Raleigh, North Carolina. This event planning company is unique in that they plan events at two special venues in the Raleigh area. The first is the Melrose Knitting Mill which is a historic wedding venue that is located right in the heart of downtown. The second venue is The Historic Wakefield Barn. This venue has a more rustic feel to it and is located about 30 minutes outside of downtown Raleigh. Southern Oak Events specializes in transforming these two venues into an event that speaks to your personal tastes and love story.

Southern Oak Events is a full service planner available at the Melrose Knitting Mill and The Historic Wakefield Barn. This wedding planner also offers catering services and vendor referrals. Southern Oak Events will make it as easy as possible to plan your special day.

Follow Southern Oak Events on

Photos 8 Photos
Videos 1 vídeo

16 Reviews for Southern Oak Events

Hannah Gentry · Getting married on 07/12/2021

10/10 day of coordination!!

Blake Morrin was absolutely wonderful to work with for our wedding at the Wakefield Barn. From the very beginning of the wedding planning process, she was there to guide us through all the little decisions and make suggestions based on her expertise in the wedding business. Her responses were prompt and friendly, and extremely helpful for someone who felt a little lost in planning a wedding! When my mom and I met with Blake in person on several occasions leading up to the big day, it felt just like we were chatting with a friend!! She is so easy and pleasant to be with and knew exactly how to help us sort out all the details and logistics. She always made me feel like my opinion was the most important thing and that we could do almost anything to make it the perfect wedding day. When it came to the wedding day itself, Blake was invaluable - I really don't know what we would have done without her!! She made everything run smoothly and feel effortless for me, my fiance, and my family. She coordinated with every single one of our outside vendors to ensure that everything fell into place exactly as it needed to. Our wedding day was all that I had dreamed of and more, and we couldn't have done it without Blake. I would recommend her services to anyone planning a wedding!!!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Teddy

Teddy Ebner · Married on 01/10/2020

Amazing Experience

My wedding was at Melrose Knitting Mill and planned by Sarah Skrobialowski/Southern Oak Events. Sarah was incredible to work with and paid attention to every small detail. She worked very hard, was extremely organized, and the wedding went perfectly. She took the time to call every vendor and ensure they were prepared. On the wedding day, she had everything prepared exactly as planned. It was clear she took a lot of pride in her work and left no stone unturned. The venue was beautiful and we got many compliments from our guests. It was a great all around experience. I would highly recommend Sarah, Melrose, and Southern Oak Events.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Cynthia S Ebner · Married on 01/10/2020

Perfect Day!

I am a little late in posting this review as I have been enjoying the memories of my son's beautiful wedding at Melrose Knitting Mill on October 13th. What a beautiful event! The venue is gorgeous and the food was delicious. One wedding guest told me it was the best wedding he had ever attended! I would not have changed a thing! It was everything I had envisioned it would be thanks to the guidance of our Southern Oak Events wedding planner, Sarah Skrobialowski and her efficient and friendly staff. Sarah had great advise and recommendations that helped with many decisions. She prepared an in depth timeline that kept everything on track and allowed me to enjoy the evening without any worries. The vendors all knew when to arrive and what to do allowing everything to run smoothly. I thought I would be packing up personal items at the end of the evening but before I had a chance Sarah handed me my car keys...everything was in my car! She was a joy to work with and I cannot thank her enough. If you have a wedding in your future i highly recommend Melrose and Sarah!!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• 7601 Stone Horse Circle Raleigh, NC, 27612 See on map
    Location of (Southern Oak Events)